What's new

Melbourne Ideal Org Newsletter

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Hi Scios in Sydney,

Thought you might enjoy some Melbourne news (see email below). We've had a hoot fundraising lately and I think as of today have been #1 worldwide for three weeks straight in money raised and in the door. Only just under $700,000 to go in total - which means we have raised something like $10 million + since we started.

We've had A "Grease" night (see pix and video below), a "Spring Racing Carnival" night, a "Hey Hey it's Friday" night to name a few...so much fun! I saw some great photos of the Sydney "Gotham City" night which I heard was equally as much fun.

Look forward ot hearing the Syndey news!

ML, Vanessa

P.S. Ken & Pam Frank (mentioned below) are both on staff too!...

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:33 PM
Subject: Ideal Org Fundraising Newsletter 21/10/09

42-44 Russell St Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9654-8655. Email: [email protected] Web: www.scientology-melbourne.net.au

4041844369_d839a2d7c1_o.jpg

The Key to the Ideal Org Award

4041844415_71e6b2c29f_o.jpg

This award dates back to Roman times. Ancient Roman laws stated that it was a capital offence for Roman Legions to enter the city in formation or with weapons without permission, it was designed to stop army generals attacking the Senate, and to protect civic security and rights. However, any legion or regiment that gave heroic service and whose honour was beyond question were awarded "The Freedom of the City", aka the "Key to the City". It gave them the right to have the city gates opened to them so they could "march in with drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed". This show of trust has remained the highest possible honour to be bestowed on a military company, and is still exercised in modern times - the Royal Australian Navy have been given this right and in March this year they filled the Sydney Harbour with warships and marched up George Street to celebrate the completion of a large training exerci! se, and to present for an inspection from the NSW Governor and the Australian Fleet Commander.

This honour is to be bestowed upon those whose service to the cause of creating an Ideal Org in Melbourne has been truly heroic. The first to receive this award are Ken and Pam Frank and their family! Ken may not have an army to march into the org with, but he is trusted with the safety and security of the Org and everyone in it. I have a feeling the key may even fit the Ethics Office door, giving him free reign to come and go from there as he pleases! And probably it will fit the Registrar's door too. Which is good, because we can't have him busting down the door all the time so he can get in to donate more. Thankfully the tracks he's worn into the carpet at the current org going into the Reg's office all the time don't matter too much, as we'll be moving soon anyway!

4041844607_708ba01469_o.jpg

Pam and Ken and their well deserved Key to the Ideal Org

Keep Playing the Game!​

Get yourself a ticket or several in our latest competition - a trip to the Freewinds is just what you'll need after the fundraising! The price of these tickets is lower than our previous games so that everyone can play, so make sure you donate now!

4042589958_30c399c563_o.jpg

This is how Melbourne FUNdraise!

Make sure you come along to the next Ideal Org Fundraiser, they are ALWAYS heaps of fun! We finally have a short clip of one of the performances from the last event (the theme was Grease) available for you to watch below. You can also see photos of the grease event here

http://www.scientology-melbourne.net.au/web_albums/grease_album/

. Email [email protected] if you have any requests or queries.

4042590030_89f4d5612c_o.jpg

Link is here:

http://www.scientology-melbourne.net.au/fundraising_newsletters/211009/summerdays.html

Events coming up:
Name Date Time Location
IAS 25th Anniversary Event Saturday,
24/10/09 7pm Russell St Org
IAS Seminar Sunday,
25/10/09 2:30 - 6pm Russell St Org
The Next Fundraiser... Soon... TBA TBA

IAS Event update:
We have just received some of the feedback from people who got to see the IAS event live in the UK. Here is a snippet for you!

"It was magnificent. The message from Chairman of the Board of how far we have come and that we will not ever fail and are now on to expansion into the future is exactly the message I needed to hear to forward down my lines. There has been a lot of "worry" about the planetary scene and this just handles that." K.C.

"This event was fantastic. Its incredible about how much Scientology is doing. I had no idea! I am currently on Study Skills for Life, my first course, and I'm really eager to finish it. I am also very interested in getting study technology into use at grassroots level! It is so important to get these programs out to grass roots levels and bringing it to politicians!" M.R.

"The Freedom Medal winners were top notch incredible. I specifically loved the film, I feel totally keyed out by the whole event." M.H.

"The CCHR section of this event was amazing! It feels fantastic to be part of this group. We are doing something about the dwindling spiral and its really good. The most important thing I could be doing now is help - help Scientology as much as possible - CCHR, IAS, Ideal Orgs. Its our responsibility to help in order to save the world. The best thing the IAS has accomplished is stability for Scientology with its help and support." F.C.
Honour Statuses
Contact JJ to check your balance and find out how much you have left to go towards your next status. Did you know - if everyone who has previously donated upgraded their Honour Status, we would reach our target?! Upgrade yours today!

Participator $1 - $299
Donator $300 - $499
Supporter $500 - $999
Contributor $1,000 - $4,999
Alumni $5000 - $9,999
Vanguard Club Member $10,000 - $19,999
Vanguard Club Member
with Honours $20,000 - $34,999
Benefactor $35,000 - $49,999
Premier Benefactor $50,000 - $99,999
Humanitarian $100,000 - $149,000
Humanitarian with Honours $150,000 - $249,000
Silver Humanitarian $250,000 - $499,000
Gold Humanitarian $500,000 +

4042590140_89ef09a94c_o.jpg

The Key to the Ideal Org Award
This award dates back to Roman times. Ancient Roman laws stated that it was a capital offence for Roman Legions to enter the city in formation or with weapons without permission, it was designed to stop army generals attacking the Senate, and to protect civic security and rights. However, any legion or regiment that gave heroic service and whose honour was beyond question were awarded "The Freedom of the City", aka the "Key to the City". It gave them the right to have the city gates opened to them so they could "march in with drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed". This show of trust has remained the highest possible honour to be bestowed on a military company, and is still exercised in modern times - the Royal Australian Navy have been given this right and in March this year they filled the Sydney Harbour with warships and marched up George Street to celebrate the completion of a large training exerci! se, and to present for an inspection from the NSW Governor and the Australian Fleet Commander.

This honour is to be bestowed upon those whose service to the cause of creating an Ideal Org in Melbourne has been truly heroic. The first to receive this award are Ken and Pam Frank and their family! Ken may not have an army to march into the org with, but he is trusted with the safety and security of the Org and everyone in it. I have a feeling the key may even fit the Ethics Office door, giving him free reign to come and go from there as he pleases! And probably it will fit the Registrar's door too. Which is good, because we can't have him busting down the door all the time so he can get in to donate more. Thankfully the tracks he's worn into the carpet at the current org going into the Reg's office all the time don't matter too much, as we'll be moving soon anyway!

Pam and Ken and their well deserved Key to the Ideal Org
Keep Playing the Game!
Get yourself a ticket or several in our latest competition - a trip to the Freewinds is just what you'll need after the fundraising! The price of these tickets is lower than our previous games so that everyone can play, so make sure you donate now!

This is how Melbourne FUNdraise!
Make sure you come along to the next Ideal Org Fundraiser, they are ALWAYS heaps of fun! We finally have a short clip of one of the performances from the last event (the theme was Grease) available for you to watch below. You can also see photos of the grease event here

. Email [email protected] if you have any requests or queries.

Click image to go to video...
Events coming up:
Name Date Time Location
IAS 25th Anniversary Event Saturday,
24/10/09 7pm Russell St Org
IAS Seminar Sunday,
25/10/09 2:30 - 6pm Russell St Org
The Next Fundraiser... Soon... TBA TBA

IAS Event update:
We have just received some of the feedback from people who got to see the IAS event live in the UK. Here is a snippet for you!

"It was magnificent. The message from Chairman of the Board of how far we have come and that we will not ever fail and are now on to expansion into the future is exactly the message I needed to hear to forward down my lines. There has been a lot of "worry" about the planetary scene and this just handles that." K.C.

"This event was fantastic. Its incredible about how much Scientology is doing. I had no idea! I am currently on Study Skills for Life, my first course, and I'm really eager to finish it. I am also very interested in getting study technology into use at grassroots level! It is so important to get these programs out to grass roots levels and bringing it to politicians!" M.R.

"The Freedom Medal winners were top notch incredible. I specifically loved the film, I feel totally keyed out by the whole event." M.H.

"The CCHR section of this event was amazing! It feels fantastic to be part of this group. We are doing something about the dwindling spiral and its really good. The most important thing I could be doing now is help - help Scientology as much as possible - CCHR, IAS, Ideal Orgs. Its our responsibility to help in order to save the world. The best thing the IAS has accomplished is stability for Scientology with its help and support." F.C.
Honour Statuses
Contact JJ to check your balance and find out how much you have left to go towards your next status. Did you know - if everyone who has previously donated upgraded their Honour Status, we would reach our target?! Upgrade yours today!

Participator $1 - $299
Donator $300 - $499
Supporter $500 - $999
Contributor $1,000 - $4,999
Alumni $5000 - $9,999
Vanguard Club Member $10,000 - $19,999
Vanguard Club Member
with Honours $20,000 - $34,999
Benefactor $35,000 - $49,999
Premier Benefactor $50,000 - $99,999
Humanitarian $100,000 - $149,000
Humanitarian with Honours $150,000 - $249,000
Silver Humanitarian $250,000 - $499,000
Gold Humanitarian $500,000 +

spire thermometer

If you would like to send us feedback on the newsletters, you can hit reply to this email or email directly to the terminals below:

* Executive Director Melbourne Day, Cheryl Wickens: [email protected]
* Executive Director Melbourne Foundation, Ammala Santoro: [email protected]
* HES & MelD Fundraising I/C, Errol Schmidt: [email protected]
* D/ED for Delivery & Exchange Melbourne Day, Nina Fairlie: [email protected]
* Flag Banking Officer for Melbourne, JJ Ku: [email protected] (for enquiries about finance/account matters to do with the Ideal Org)
* Fundraising Promo I/C, Emma Schmidt: [email protected] (technical issues with the newsletter, suggestions and feedack)

Carmel

Crusader
I looked at the pics. Probably I shouldn't have. Hard to see a few old close mates still sucked in by it all and supporting it (Tom and Jo specifically). :bigcry:

Melbourne field don't know what's going on. Melbourne's the only org in ANZO that still has a "field". There are good dudes "on-lines" down there, just like there was in Sydney before the word started to spread. They're as thick as thieves down there. We just need to get the ball rolling like we did here in Sydney, and the field would be toast.

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
Interesting to see the Off Policy of a Raffle being spun into "everybody wins".

So now the game is get someone to donate travel with their mileage points and promise a couple of cheap courses onto the freewinds for a mere $500 chance at a blind drawing for the single chance out of 300.

Hey eveybody wins because we reduced the price of the raffle tickets!! :happydance: :happydance:

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
It is rather amazing. Truly it is.
And the way they said they felt from watching the IAS event DVD. Remarkable.
Slappy really gives these people something they want: they want faith; they want to believe in something bigger than they are; they want to know they're right and they want a leader they can admire. One who represents to them everything they wish they could be.
It's just a delicious theta sandwich and he delivers it on a silver platter.
God bless his black little heart.

By the way...we all want those things. There's nothing at all wrong with those urges.

But think of life like a big restaurant menu; there's steak, seafood and all sorts of delicacies that you'd never go to the trouble of making at home.
DM's restaurant is pretty much like going out to eat Mexican food: Tastes pretty good if ya put enough salsa on it. It's mostly rice and beans. Ya can't hang around with the general population after eating it cause ya fart too much. You can usually always find it cheaper and better somewhere else.
After you get done the desert menu pretty much sucks. Oh, and it tastes like s--t where it originated from.

There ya go, ladies.
:yes:

skydog

Patron Meritorious
But think of life like a big restaurant menu; there's steak, seafood and all sorts of delicacies that you'd never go to the trouble of making at home.
DM's restaurant is pretty much like going out to eat Mexican food: Tastes pretty good if ya put enough salsa on it. It's mostly rice and beans. Ya can't hang around with the general population after eating it cause ya fart too much. You can usually always find it cheaper and better somewhere else.
After you get done the desert menu pretty much sucks. Oh, and it tastes like s--t where it originated from.

There ya go, ladies.
:yes:

That is an excellent analogy.:thumbsup:

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
Recent Newsletter

This newsletter was sent to me from a friend who wishes to remain anoymous.

Briefing by CCHR President Jan Eastgate

President of CCHR International, Freedom Medal Winner for her work in Human Rights and Melbourne girl Jan Eastgate briefed a packed Melbourne org today on her current work in Australia.
We were very privileged to have Jan, who briefed us on the history of human rights violations in the field of mental health in Melbourne, current situations in the US and their Australian ramifications, the success of CCHR, and her own investigations into Australian human rights abuses occuring right now in the field of mental health and what you and I can do about it.
And in case we hadn't had enough, there were Easter eggs and all kinds of Easter fun.

Last edited: