What's new

MELBOURNE - May 15th Protest

gridlock

Patron
may15thmelbanon.gif

We've been advertising this protest all around the place and spreading the news about the upcoming protest. The feedback has been great and the interest shown has been amazing.

This May, Melbourne Anonymous brings you another protest of epic proportions.

This month, we will be hitting hard! We will show Scientology that their crimes can no longer be hidden and they cannot get away with their lies and abuses any longer. (keep in mind this is a peaceful protest)

RAID:

Date: Saturday, 15th of May 2010
Time: 12.30pm - 7pm (rough estimate of finish time)
Assembling At: Flinders Street Railway Station Steps.

Preraid as usual for newbs and people who want to relax prior.
Meeting at 11am for coffee at Krispy Kreme melbourne central. :)

Official Planning Thread: Melbourne Anonymous - May 15th Planning
Official Forum: Melbourne Anonymous Forums
WWP Thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/260-asia-pacific/melbourne-may-15th-epic-protest-time-66261/

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'm gonna be there - yay!!

Any Melbournites who have been thinking of coming, please do, and we will have a great time. I'd love to meet some oldtimers again.

:happydance:

gridlock

Patron
I'm gonna be there - yay!!

Any Melbournites who have been thinking of coming, please do, and we will have a great time. I'd love to meet some oldtimers again.

:happydance:

Are you the person who usually comes to our protests, or will this be your first? ^_^
Either way, willing to do a speech outside the org? :)

looking forward to seeing you there! and hopefully many other ex-scientologists ^_^

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Are you the person who usually comes to our protests, or will this be your first? ^_^
Either way, willing to do a speech outside the org? :)

looking forward to seeing you there! and hopefully many other ex-scientologists ^_^

First protest for me. :) Nah, I'm not good at speeches at all, but Scooter is! :D
I may have more people coming too, very exciting for me. Seeya then!

gridlock

Patron
Looking forward to seeing you!

Also, by the looks of it this protest is going to be the biggest one melbourne has seen since the early days of Project Chanology. :D

gridlock

Patron
:duh: stupid me. didn't get the popup so i didn't check >_> I'm too used to WWP where it alerts you with a popup. will be more diligent in future.

I just replied :happydance:

gridlock

Patron
Yey tomorrow is the big day! woot! :D
I seem to have a bit of a temperature, but I shall not let that stop me :D tomorrow is too important! :D

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
The picket

Zinj I'm not a picket virgin anymore! :D

Scooter and I arrived just as the anons arrived at the org (so I don't have a report on the rest of the picket) - big welcome from Kenji - thankyou! We stayed a couple of hours until it was dark and I was so happy to be there. I was nervous at first and then thought "why?". I have been out so long, I didn't expect it of myself. I guess it's actually standing outside the place I worked, all the things that happened there and through my life in scio and saying "NO! The abuses have to stop"...and making up a little for the many times I did not see, did not hear and did not act.

The Anons are terrific and they are thanking me for being there...I'm like no, I thank you! Some great speeches which will be uploaded soon I understand, and here's a few pics from me. I didn't hold my camera still enough sometimes, but it gives the idea. There was the inevitable police car, no problem there, and a good time was had by all.

Anyone reading this who has thought about coming, please DO. It's great and does you the world of good.

Attachments

• 15may8.jpg
    15may8.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 15may9.jpg
    15may9.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 15may11.jpg
    15may11.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 66
  • 15may1.jpg
    15may1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 62
  • 15may5.jpg
    15may5.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 62
  • may152.jpg
    may152.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 15maysigns.jpg
    15maysigns.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 15may4.jpg
    15may4.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
Zinj I'm not a picket virgin anymore! :D

Scooter and I arrived just as the anons arrived at the org (so I don't have a report on the rest of the picket) - big welcome from Kenji - thankyou! We stayed a couple of hours until it was dark and I was so happy to be there. I was nervous at first and then thought "why?". I have been out so long, I didn't expect it of myself. I guess it's actually standing outside the place I worked, all the things that happened there and through my life in scio and saying "NO! The abuses have to stop"...and making up a little for the many times I did not see, did not hear and did not act.

The Anons are terrific and they are thanking me for being there...I'm like no, I thank you! Some great speeches which will be uploaded soon I understand, and here's a few pics from me. I didn't hold my camera still enough sometimes, but it gives the idea. There was the inevitable police car, no problem there, and a good time was had by all.

Anyone reading this who has thought about coming, please DO. It's great and does you the world of good.

LOVE THE PHOTOGRAPS and VVWD on the protesting.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
LOVE THE PHOTOGRAPS and VVWD on the protesting.

There will be many more because I will go hunt them down as they are posted elsewhere. :happydance: I was a bit annoyed with myself for bouncing around too much and having too many blurry ones I can't post, though I forgive myself (because I can these days) as it was the first time. :D

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was a great afternoon - FTS and I arrived at the org in my car and parked just down the street. Shortly after the Anons arrived and the party began.:woohoo:

There was loud music, dancing (I attempted the Twist but, while I could remember how to do it, my knees didn't,) loud singing, some speeches and the police (two lots) arrived.

Everything a good party should have, especially when the chocolate was passed around (thanks to an unnamed person :coolwink: ) and we all indulged.:D

One of the cops was even laughing with us when he found out we were "protesting" Scientology.:happydance:

Lots of honks from passing cars and loud cheers from us whenever a wedding party drove past (there were a few of them and ALL of them were on our side.):lol:

Best of all, the better bits were captured on camera (mercifully for you all, that doesn't include my attempted dancing :D) and will be up (I was assured) within a week for you to enjoy.:thumbsup:

As FTS said, if you've never been, you owe it to yourself to support your local Anons and go along to PARTY) :party: :party: :party:

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
Can't wait to see the rest of the protest that was captured on camera.I love watching photos and videos of protests.:omg:

First time protest for FTS:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I have been to few protests of my x org and it is fun.:yes:

Opter