What's new

Melbourneites

It was when LRH bonked the ED of the Melb Orgs wife - later that night gave the lecture on Individuation - then later still the lecture on Weakness! :omg:

Or to put it another way, She bonked him.

Sounds to me more like "mutual out-ruds" rather than "3rd dynamic engram" material. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

Jimmymac

Patron
OOT at flag

Hey Andrew! Yeah I think you are talking about Anthony Santoro? and Amalia? as they are foundation staff I didn't get to know them too well.

I doubt we ever met but I sure know the same people!

Welcome to ESMB! :happydance:

Hi Emma,

I've never met you (I think) but I definately know a lot people from your org. I went to Flag in 97-99 and was best friends with Adrian. Naturally I spent a lot of time with a whole bunch of others there too! Ruth, Viola, Georgina, the Italian guy with his wife from Laos (names escape me).

Anyway, when I got back from Flag I lived with Helen (the Melb Fdn ED) and her son Julian for a few months before they had to move.

I also knew Fergus although very briefly as I joined staff in Adelaide a few weeks before he left.

And I beleive Igor, who recruited me onto staff in Adef joined Melb staff at some point.

Hey Andrew,

I don't know if you remember me. I was a OOT at flag at about the same time (though I only lasted about 8 months) as you were and I think I remember you. Do you have quite pale skin and very light hair?

I remember Adrian, ruth, adrian and aemella and Natalie Kane (who I always wanted to do the 2d mockup with :coolwink: )

I am an aussie who was living in Auckland at the time and joined staff there and got sent to flag. This is the first time I have really connected with exsci sites and i was inspired to do so by reading Jeff Hawkins blog http://counterfeitdreams.blogspot.com/ it sort of inspired me to actuall;y connect rather than just read all the stuff on the internet.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
The historians tell us that in the 60s Melb was the biggest Org on the planet. There's gotta be a LOT of cranky Melbournians out there yet!

While I was on staff in Adelaide we heard a lot about Melbourne, because a lot of the Melbourne field and staff actually shifted to Adelaide to escape the enquiry. People like the Harmans, Painters, Blights, Joyce Tidy etc. It was amazing to hear them talk about co-audits with hundreds of people and intro lectures with similar numbers. Adelaide had Melbourne's mailing list for ages. All the time the grand poobah was bonking the underlings! Words fail me.

Does any one know what happened to Kerry Elliott - later Francis. She went to the US to be an artist in some part of Pubs? or something. A total waste of an extraordinary talent, but then, weren't we all wasted? Has anyone heard anything about Kerry?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Carmel

Crusader
Kerry Elliot

While I was on staff in Adelaide we heard a lot about Melbourne, because a lot of the Melbourne field and staff actually shifted to Adelaide to escape the enquiry. People like the Harmans, Painters, Blights, Joyce Tidy etc. It was amazing to hear them talk about co-audits with hundreds of people and intro lectures with similar numbers. Adelaide had Melbourne's mailing list for ages. All the time the grand poobah was bonking the underlings! Words fail me.

Does any one know what happened to Kerry Elliott - later Francis. She went to the US to be an artist in some part of Pubs? or something. A total waste of an extraordinary talent, but then, weren't we all wasted? Has anyone heard anything about Kerry?

I remember her from LA. I think she was in my courseroom briefly.

Jeff Hawkins mentions her in his blog: http://counterfeitdreams.blogspot.com/2008/07/chapter-twelve-over-rainbow.html

Paul

I saw Kerry when in LA in the late 90's. Always liked her - a sweetheart girl! As Paul said, she's mentioned in Jeff Hawkins story. If anyone has any PT data on how she's doing, that'd be great!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
You know what Sydney-siders say about Melbournians?
Exactly the same thing as Melbournians say about Sydney-siders, only the place names change!
We're much more alike than different... except, of course, for the cafes, restaurants, fashion, weather, temperament, football, harbour, bridges, opera houses, theaters, art, music, tastes, life-styles... (my fingers are tired)...

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
As a significant number of Australians have reasonably functional bullshit detectors, and dont tend to put up with the hyped up americanised PR scientological crap, even if they are troooly dedicated, it would be rather difficult to declare all them all. So the Anzo case appelation is a convenient way of not handling the BIs of Australians when they might express less than enthusiastic responses to the next wondrous bit of cult mass hypnosis. "Oh my god what a load of old cockies kack" to DM's new basics. No dont worry he really loves it, its his Anzo case playing up again. ha ha

I couldnt stand standing up and clapping at events. My god what ridicuous overblown mock enthusiasm. Actually Kerry Francis for all her talent and being relatively sweet natured, was the most gung ho and uncompromising scio I ever met. And introduced the standing up nonsense at an event in Adelaide Org. I believe she is still in at Gold as the last remaining artist according to LBV. I fear she will never wake up. Which is a real shame as her talent might have some real expression and do some good in the outside world.

Anyhow, Kerry had a consideration that not doing one's post was the ultimate crime and going to earn you eternal damnation. She left her three (?) children in the care of husband Chris and went off doing SO business for years and year leaving Chris to mind the shop and take the kids to the States. Which I guess is pretty standard fare. Dont think Chris signed up for that when he married Kerry though. They were both non- SO at the time. Actually Kerry was a GAS (Guardian Activities Scientologist) running CCHR in Adelaide. But for some reason was not allowed to join staff. She then got recruited into the SO no doubt due to her talent. It may well have been that Kerry, as a significant arty celeb, was seen to be more value out than in. But voracious SO recruiters dont always see the sense of this approach.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Thanks for the info Ceedia, Dulloldfart and Minuet #1 in G. I guess she is a lost cause, but she was a good bloke even if her bullshitometer was broken.

I remember those bloody horrible standup clapping events in Adelaide. I refused to go after a while. My BIs ANZO case was too much on show and I feared the attentions of the ethics officer.

I think there are some Adelaide people posting here, but I won't say anything if you wont! Go the Crows!!!!

Andrew

Patron with Honors
Thanks for the info Ceedia, Dulloldfart and Minuet #1 in G. I guess she is a lost cause, but she was a good bloke even if her bullshitometer was broken.

I remember those bloody horrible standup clapping events in Adelaide. I refused to go after a while. My BIs ANZO case was too much on show and I feared the attentions of the ethics officer.

I think there are some Adelaide people posting here, but I won't say anything if you wont! Go the Crows!!!!

Saturday 2pm.

Channel 10.

Go Crows! :happydance:

As a significant number of Australians have reasonably functional bullshit detectors, and dont tend to put up with the hyped up americanised PR scientological crap, even if they are troooly dedicated, it would be rather difficult to declare all them all.

Seems to be a general cultural defect up here and not limited to scientology. Enthusiasm is a pandemic disorder in the u.s.. For reference check the Cheerleader-In-Chief and other american cult figures of national leadership.

The general belief seems to be that enthusiasm is the greatest possible virtue and conversely anything which smacks of other than enthusiasm is a horrible vice.

It gets to be VERY VERY tiresome.

This continent is in serious need of a massive infusion of Old World Cynicism with perhaps a soupcon of Asiatic pragmatism. Unfortunately, as a result of the decline in general literacy among a population not known for its encyclopedic knowledge of world events, I'm afraid few here have the capacity to take benefit from such an infusion.

Mark A. Baker

Andrew

Patron with Honors
Seems to be a general cultural defect up here and not limited to scientology. Enthusiasm is a pandemic disorder in the u.s.. For reference check the Cheerleader-In-Chief and other american cult figures of national leadership.

The general belief seems to be that enthusiasm is the greatest possible virtue and conversely anything which smacks of other than enthusiasm is a horrible vice.

It gets to be VERY VERY tiresome.

This continent is in serious need of a massive infusion of Old World Cynicism with perhaps a soupcon of Asiatic pragmatism. Unfortunately, as a result of the decline in general literacy among a population not known for its encyclopedic knowledge of world events, I'm afraid few here have the capacity to take benefit from such an infusion.

Mark A. Baker

Does this mean we can have nice thread diversion about US citizens and their complete stupidity and ignorance?

Should be fun...

:shark:

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Anyhow, Kerry had a consideration that not doing one's post was the ultimate crime and going to earn you eternal damnation. She left her three (?) children in the care of husband Chris and went off doing SO business for years and year leaving Chris to mind the shop and take the kids to the States. Which I guess is pretty standard fare. Dont think Chris signed up for that when he married Kerry though.

I don't know whether the partial quote will work - I'm a bit new to this game still, but Minuet #1 in G, do you know what happened to Chris?

It also occurs to me, as uncompromising as Kerry was, she would make a terrific Anonymous if she switched all her energy to the dark side! It is a waste to see her gobbled up and disappeared. No one on the outside knows her now, and she is a fantastic artist.

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
I heard from LBV that Chris was busted out of Gold for nefarious reasons. A problem with being a human being he called it. Dont want to slander me old mate in public here. I suppose all would have similar problems. And yes I would like to be of Kerry's side in a fight. She was only little but she could bite.

And for all the american personality defects, they are much kinder and forgiving people on the roads than aussies. This gives some pointers to the inner psyche which cant be all bad. Septic tanks, please grow a sense of humour when aussies slag off at you, it means we love you really. (Except for the hyped up bullshit)

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
The ANZO case!!!

:hysterical:

I'll bet they are proud to have it, too!!!

Yes. I remember reading a bulletin that said the ANZO case had finally been cracked.. As I slowly come out of hiding, yes, I'm Strine. People from Straya have a very different world view to TROTW (The Rest Of The World).

It is my understanding that "Scientology" was successfully banned in Victoria (the state of Which Melbourne is capital), and that it continues to run to this day legally registered as "The Church of the New Faith".

Here in Straya there is an inadequately defined rivalry between Sydney (New South Wales) and Melbourne (Victoria)--So much so that agreement could not even be reached on which should be the Federal Capital, and the tiny terriritory of ACT/Canberra (Australian Capital Territory) was set up as as being equidistant from both Sydney and Melbourne. It certainly wasn't chosen for climate.

If DM walked into an OZ org and demanded someone clean his shoes, even an RPFer would probably laugh him off.

Emma, even though I live in the way Northern parts of New South Wales, I am forced to admit that there is one very good thing to come out of Victoria: The Hume Highway. :D

"Septic tanks, please grow a sense of humour when aussies slag off at you, it means we love you really."

Australian humor is self-deprecating. At one of the Royal Vaiety Performances, Paul Hogan stood on stage, visible scratching his ARSE for at least ninety seconds. Only a Strine could get away with that.

We regularly hold our politicians up to ridicule (even those few we like). Tall poppy syndrome is rife in this country--anyone who gets too big for his own boots is cut down very quickly.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Isn't it lovely to have all these Strayans on the board?

Orstraya, Orstraya, Orstraya, we love you, amen. Crack tubes.

Jimmymac

Patron
And for all the american personality defects, they are much kinder and forgiving people on the roads than aussies. This gives some pointers to the inner psyche which cant be all bad. Septic tanks, please grow a sense of humour when aussies slag off at you, it means we love you really. (Except for the hyped up bullshit)

I can attest to this.

I am strine and I love americans and america in general. I certainly think that the sterotypes about sepos are not always true.

But australians are a bit like the irish or the scots, which stands to reason seeing as though they were sent here in droves and the rougish ones to. When we put shit on you it means we love you. What you have to be worried about is when we don't put shit on you, that means we don't like you. It is a bit like the six year old boy who punches the 6 year old girl in the arm, he does it because he loves her. If he didn't like her he would just ignore her.

Did anyone ever do the ANZO rundown? Was that what it was called?