Member,World Wide Opponent of Scientology Opponents

Caliwog

Patron Meritorious
As Nick says, the only general point of agreement is that of being against CofS abuses.

And that's the problem, SOF. Some people believe the abuses can be blamed on the official Church organization. Others (including me) believe the abuses originated with LRH are inherent in the subject itself. We're kind of on the same side, but we're kind of not.

ML,
Caliwog
http://caliwog.wordpress.com

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron
And that's the problem, SOF. Some people believe the abuses can be blamed on the official Church organization. Others (including me) believe the abuses originated with LRH are inherent in the subject itself. We're kind of on the same side, but we're kind of not.

ML,
Caliwog

Well, I'd certainly go so far as to agree with you that there is a lot in LRH's materials that, for example, says things like 'bash the psychs' and 'people leaving the SO are DBs' and shit of that nature that really doesn't need to be there. And, yeah, much of what is good in it can be attributed to or at least should have been partially attributed to earlier sources. But that doesn't alter the fact that some us see a distinction between the subject and the organisation - which some of you don't see - and that is a sticking point between us.

Nick