What's new

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Good News thread.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
51EZXHFJ1SL._SX300_.jpg

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
We celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve for a variety of reasons.

It was all going according to plan, until the mother in law invited herself over for Christmas dinner.

Oh well, it's only a day...:yes:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
You had to put that in this thread.

Reminds me of the funniest bumper sticker I ever saw. It said:

If you're going to ride my ass the least you could do is pull my hair.

:hysterical:

Ya, well...

Certifiable Scientology (KSW style) always seemed to have a certain odor of S&M about it.

:whip:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
We wish all a Very Merry Christmas Season !

We'll have Christmas dinner with a group of dear friends that none of have any clue the cult exists.

It'll be fun !

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I bet you know of him, hey Strat?
Got a couple of his vinyls perhaps?
He'd be a very lucky man if he did, over the years I kick myself periodically for losing much of my old vinyls, especially my Cab Calloways and Benny G's, thankfully You Tubs has an incredible amount of obscure/old/rare recordings, thanks to many collectors who are willing to share.
I offer, on this occasion of love, family, happiness, and all the good stuff, one of my favorite X-mas songs. As a matter of 'x-mas' thingy, just for ya'll trivia nuts, and people's that hate the abbreviation, the term has been around for several hundred years, at least back to the 16th century from what I gather.
anyways, here you go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwf6kstR7Wc

:dancer:

And another cool one from the great swing era in the thirties, Louis Prima's wonderful season song~ Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3VNF4WZ_8g

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I bet you know of him, hey Strat?
Got a couple of his vinyls perhaps?

As a matter of fact you've got me there Victoria, he seems to have completely passed me by. Only thing I have remotely like that on vinyl is stuff by Eddie Lang and Lonnie Johnson. I have a few rarities of theirs. For example, I'm lucky enough to have a copy of this album in mint condition. (Lucky because I only paid about 20 cents for it in a charity (thrift) shop.)

bg.jpg

My collectibles are mainly original late 50's early 60's stuff like first-pressing early Beatles LP's and bootlegs.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
When I was a child there were only two occasions during the year when you would hear fireworks. One was November 5th (Guy Fawkes' night) and the other would be to see in the new year.

The reason I write this is because somebody in my neighbourhood is letting off fireworks right now (it's 11:20 pm). I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar (if I had any dollars) that whoever is doing it, they are not English. Enough multiculturalism already, it's Christmas for fucks sake!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am partial to the idea that Christmas is not just any holiday but may be the most important one of the year for some people. It is a time for remembering, a time to share the goodness of your heart with others, and for expressing with words and gifts what someone means to you. It is a chance to make wishes come true and to give something from your heart. It is a chance to give a message that will express love and caring to the ones we care about the most.
With this in mind Jeffrey Augustine and myself send Christmas Blessings to all our friends on ESMB and those who's paths we have crossed.

Christmas.Card.2015.jpg

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
When I was a child there were only two occasions during the year when you would hear fireworks. One was November 5th (Guy Fawkes' night) and the other would be to see in the new year.

The reason I write this is because somebody in my neighbourhood is letting off fireworks right now (it's 11:20 pm). I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar (if I had any dollars) that whoever is doing it, they are not English. Enough multiculturalism already, it's Christmas for fucks sake!!! :biggrin:

Well, I do have a canon, & as always, it'll be shot on New year's Eve.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Many of my really good friends are the people on this message
board. I don't know who most of them are IRL – a couple I do
– but I know they're my really good friends nevertheless. Skål!

View attachment 11887
:wink2: