What's new

Message from Claire Swazey to...

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'm not going to name names since there are people who lurk on various boards sometimes looking for more details of my personal life than I'd like to give.

But my friends- former and present- know my real name.

So...here is my message. It is to anyone with whom I was close when I was in CofS and who, for any reason of their own, has stopped being in touch with me. Maybe because of my participation on a.r.s. and OCMB, maybe because someone told them to ditch me. Whatever.

I also had a net friend (actually this happened with two people. But one of them told me they no longer wanted to be in contact. The other did not. This is more about the one who did not.) who had found me on the 'net,originated a net friendship with me, was friendly to me, said I could always say to him or her whatever I wanted, really wanted my advice, would never be bothered or saddened by anything I'd say. We were out of touch a while and one day out of the blue I sent a holiday greeting and found I was killfiled- my email bounced. Yet, when I tried again from another addy, it went through.

So it was disconnection.

It's up to the person. I am not holding a grudge. I am just depicting an event.

Anyway, for that person, for the other one, for the person who was a very very very dear dear friend of mine when I was in CofS, for anyone else- if you ever want to get in touch with me I will ask no questions and I won't tell you what you should do about CofS or Scn if you're still in.

I won't even respond to the email or pm if you ask me not to. I won't even mention your communication to my husband, let alone anyone else, if you ask me not to.

Just letting you know that if you ever want to let me know how you are doing or if you ever would like to ask me anything, that it's fine. It can be one way, whatever you want.

And if you elect NOT to do that, then please just know that I wish you the best and have no problem with your choice(s) and never will, and that I only want what's best for you.

And by that, I don't mean what I might think is good...what I mean is "what do YOU want to do?".

So whether you ever write or pm me or not, you will be in my heart.

My email addresses and phone number (which is listed) are easily obtained or you can ask someone to send me an anonymous message that cannot be traced or send one yourself.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
It would be nice to hear from some of the people I used to know. I think some may still be in CofS.

I would not ever bash anyone for deciding to remain there, though if they asked me what I thought of CofS in general and what I'd heard or experienced, I'd certainly be truthful.

But I wouldn't do the rant rant you need to get out and what about space cooties, blah blah.

You know what I'd like to see? People in CofS staying in if they wanted to but being open eyed and completely frank about what DM does, what LRH did, and so on.

I realize this is a pipe dream.

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
It would be nice to hear from some of the people I used to know. I think some may still be in CofS.

I would not ever bash anyone for deciding to remain there, though if they asked me what I thought of CofS in general and what I'd heard or experienced, I'd certainly be truthful.

But I wouldn't do the rant rant you need to get out and what about space cooties, blah blah.

You know what I'd like to see? People in CofS staying in if they wanted to but being open eyed and completely frank about what DM does, what LRH did, and so on.

I realize this is a pipe dream.

Never hurts to dream though, right? I too pray this day will come.

-Steve