Message to parents and children torn apart

Carmel

Crusader
Since getting on the internet (a few months ago), I've read and seen much regarding families been torn apart by the CofS. It wasn't "real" to me till then, cause I didn't actually know people with that predicament (although I "knew of" some).

Years ago, I went through a gruelling ethics/decks/justice cycle that I allowed to go on for six months, so I could slip out the back door and fade away without an sp declare. The reason was my kids. At that time they were only young, but I couldn't "have" the idea of them (later in life) having to choose between me and Scn, or denying them Scn because of my declare (stupid in hindsight - given what has actually eventuated and the actual scene regarding Scn). I had close family and extended family in Scn, and the mere concept of my kids choosing Scn over me (through some possible family influence), was abhorrent to me, so I wanted to exclude it at all costs. I was in a position where I could. I know that so so many are not!

I had a thread of hope that there'd be a takeover, or that DM would be shot or something - until getting on the internet and being enlightened about the full picture. Much impinged on me (like BFG's motorbike story), but the thing that impinged on me the most and the thing that made me want to see the CofS annihilated, was the heartbreak over the families being torn apart. I have children who are the light of life and my reason for life (enough said!). The concept of that being taken away (and given the insidious circumstances), had huge impact on me - as I'm sure it has on others.

This is my point. There is much on the internet about Scn. Much is "out reality" or "out gradient" for many who are "on the fence" or still in. Ya get snippets of much, but so much of everything. IMO this board would be one where most who are "on the fence" or "still in" would end up, or mostly lurk.
Of all the things that could or would impinge on them to take a look, is the heart wrenching feeling over the fact that parents have lost their children, children have lost their parents, and sibblings have lost sibblings. So many have lost eachother.

While the board has many different purposes for the many who are on it, as far as I can tell, one of its main purposes is to reach those who are undecided/looking/searching for answers. Your story of your loss and your heartbreak, is one that can't be debated and one that can hardly be ignored. I'm urging you all to slam it in their faces. Put a thread there, post your scenarios, post stories from others, don't let the thread be derailed, and bump it on occasion if need be, to keep it there. Those of us who don't want our hearts to bleed, don't have to read it. Those of us who need a reminder from time to time of why we should keep our boxing gloves on, can.

I feel for you guys. I have hope in the belief that, if your loved ones don't come back through their own cognizance, that they will when the CofS crashes and burns - a thread like the one I am suggesting, could only help forward our quest for the latter.

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
I feel for you guys. I have hope in the belief that, if your loved ones don't come back through their own cognizance, that they will when the CofS crashes and burns - a thread like the one I am suggesting, could only help forward our quest for the latter.

Giuseppe is in the same boat as you. Giuseppe has been in the boat since early 1996. Keep on keepin' on, as the Americans say.

I think I have come to grips that my family will be taken from me, and that is ok, in a weird sort of way. It is not ok, but I have prepared for it, and so has only little effect on me. I don't have the goldenrod, and am on the fence about whether or not to try to just rip the bandaid off and get one, and get it over with.

In the meantime, hang in there. Some advice: Never ever ever tell your ex or your kids (or your friends 'still in' who are connected to your children) that LRH is not source or that he is not the greatest thing since the inventor of sliced bread. Never speak to them badly about the Church or any chuch followers. When/if you speak to your children, let them know that the world is a nice place and that your place is a place that is safe and they are always welcome, no matter what, and that they have relatives who have welcome homes as well.

When Guiseppe was in, Giuseppe didn't know there was a place to go, so joined the SO. Bad move, bad bad bad move.

byte301

Crusader
Since getting on the internet (a few months ago), I've read and seen much regarding families been torn apart by the CofS. It wasn't "real" to me till then, cause I didn't actually know people with that predicament (although I "knew of" some).

Years ago, I went through a gruelling ethics/decks/justice cycle that I allowed to go on for six months, so I could slip out the back door and fade away without an sp declare. The reason was my kids. At that time they were only young, but I couldn't "have" the idea of them (later in life) having to choose between me and Scn, or denying them Scn because of my declare (stupid in hindsight - given what has actually eventuated and the actual scene regarding Scn). I had close family and extended family in Scn, and the mere concept of my kids choosing Scn over me (through some possible family influence), was abhorrent to me, so I wanted to exclude it at all costs. I was in a position where I could. I know that so so many are not!

I had a thread of hope that there'd be a takeover, or that DM would be shot or something - until getting on the internet and being enlightened about the full picture. Much impinged on me (like BFG's motorbike story), but the thing that impinged on me the most and the thing that made me want to see the CofS annihilated, was the heartbreak over the families being torn apart. I have children who are the light of life and my reason for life (enough said!). The concept of that being taken away (and given the insidious circumstances), had huge impact on me - as I'm sure it has on others.

This is my point. There is much on the internet about Scn. Much is "out reality" or "out gradient" for many who are "on the fence" or still in. Ya get snippets of much, but so much of everything. IMO this board would be one where most who are "on the fence" or "still in" would end up, or mostly lurk.
Of all the things that could or would impinge on them to take a look, is the heart wrenching feeling over the fact that parents have lost their children, children have lost their parents, and sibblings have lost sibblings. So many have lost eachother.

While the board has many different purposes for the many who are on it, as far as I can tell, one of its main purposes is to reach those who are undecided/looking/searching for answers. Your story of your loss and your heartbreak, is one that can't be debated and one that can hardly be ignored. I'm urging you all to slam it in their faces. Put a thread there, post your scenarios, post stories from others, don't let the thread be derailed, and bump it on occasion if need be, to keep it there. Those of us who don't want our hearts to bleed, don't have to read it. Those of us who need a reminder from time to time of why we should keep our boxing gloves on, can.

Maybe you could pm Emma and ask her to make it a Scientology Discussion Topic. People could post their stories there. I think it's a good topic too.:yes:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
The boyfriend I was dating when I got in wasn't a Scn, but the entire rest of his family was. That's how I got in. At that point, his family were public.

Now they're all SO.

Because I was getting more involved in Scn and he wasn't, we grew apart, and eventually broke up. It wasn't required, it just happened.

Years later, after getting myself out, I called him up to talk about various things, and he, out of the blue, said he forgave me.

All of it came slamming back, the ways I'd tried to control him -- not because I wanted him to change so much as I saw the way the increasing difference was driving us apart.

I'd never really looked at it from his perspective before that call. He'd lost not only himself to Scn, but me as well.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Maybe you could pm Emma and ask her to make it a Scientology Discussion Topic. People could post their stories there. I think it's a good topic too.:yes:

Any registered user can create a new thread.

Go to the subhead/group you think it belongs in and, in the upper left is a button saying 'New Thread'.

Put in your thread title, make the first post and Voila!

Zinj

Carmel

Crusader
Clarification

Hey, sorry if I didn't make myself clear on this one. To clarify, I'm not one with a story on this, or one who has comm lines with people who do.

It is one that communicates, on a level of reality, to those on the fence or still in. I'm saying that it would be beneficial for the likes of someone like me, to be able to refer those to a thread such as the one I've suggested. A lot on the one thread - genuine stories, from genuine people, about something that would truely hit home to many. As a lurker, there is much around. Sifting through the shit, or being able to get back to the source of something one has seen, can be a task in itself. Something simple that we can refer people to, or something that we can cut and paste and email (with the one simple source reference), would be of value.

Do we want to impinge on those still in or not? Anything that could/would will help, could only be a good thing. Over to you (and if the thread happens, I for one, will sure as hell use it).

byte301

Crusader
Any registered user can create a new thread.

Go to the subhead/group you think it belongs in and, in the upper left is a button saying 'New Thread'.

Put in your thread title, make the first post and Voila!

Zinj

I meant it like a sticky topic Zinj. Don't know what you call it on this board. A forum maybe? Like the Leaving Scientology one. Sorry, not explaining it very well.