What's new

Mexican newspapers speculating that TV reporter Mauricio Clark has joined Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mexican newspapers are speculating that TV news reporter Mauricio Clark has joined Scientology.

From Tony Ortega.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/03/06/sc...nd-other-social-media-finds-around-the-world/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Mexican newspapers are speculating that TV news reporter Mauricio Clark has joined Scientology following his graduation from the Narconon Latinamerica facility in Villa Victoria, Mexico. Clark is the host of Primero Noticias, a morning news program. He tweeted a photo of himself in front of the Mexico City Ideal Org with the caption “Comenzando una nueva AVENTURA”, or “Starting a new adventure.”

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

At the very least, it appears Mauricio Clark is endorsing Narconon...

https://twitter.com/clarketo

attachment.php

EDITED TO ADD:

attachment.php

Attachments

• MauuricioClarkTwitter.jpg
    MauuricioClarkTwitter.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Mauricio Clark.jpg
    Mauricio Clark.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 203
  • MauricioClarkRetweet.jpg
    MauricioClarkRetweet.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Re: Mexican newspapers speculating that TV reporter Mauricio Clark has joined Sciento

Mexican newspapers are speculating that TV news reporter Mauricio Clark has joined Scientology.

From Tony Ortega.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/03/06/sc...nd-other-social-media-finds-around-the-world/

Mexican newspapers are speculating that TV news reporter Mauricio Clark has joined Scientology following his graduation from the Narconon Latinamerica facility in Villa Victoria, Mexico. Clark is the host of Primero Noticias, a morning news program. He tweeted a photo of himself in front of the Mexico City Ideal Org with the caption “Comenzando una nueva AVENTURA”, or “Starting a new adventure.”

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

At the very least, it appears Mauricio Clark is endorsing Narconon...

https://twitter.com/clarketo

attachment.php

I think Mauricio ought to apply the SPJ Code of Ethics

http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

He ought to apply Jason Beghe "show me a mother fuck'in clear" (in the two hour interview by Mark Bunker).

What a useful idiot, he is.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Mexican newspapers speculating that TV reporter Mauricio Clark has joined Sciento

Any fluent spanish speakers/ latin americans here? I was curious about this story and who exactly Mauricio Clark is, yes I know he's a newscaster, but is particularly well known or just a talking head on a morning show with a revolving cast or on some middling low rated show?

All the stories, save for Ortega's, are in spanish and the online translations are as terrible as ever.

A post with any local insight on this would be appreciated.

ETA: Dude looks exactly like the type of desperate to be a F list wannabe celeb twat that would fall for cult. I'm sure they told they him they could make him a big star the North American markets and let him bring Scientology to the spanish-speaking world at the new state of the art CoS media center in LA. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Gib

Crusader

EDITED TO ADD:

attachment.php

I'm confused, I don't understand all the tweet BS, can you explain in plain english?

It's like the world thru social media has turned into banter which can be quite annoying.

BunnySkull

I'm confused, I don't understand all the tweet BS, can you explain in plain english?

It's like the world thru social media has turned into banter which can be quite annoying.

It basically means Mauricio himself (I'm assuming that's his legit twitter account) had endorsed the story by sharing the story on his twitter feed. (I didn't see any comment from him on it, just the retweet) What Mauricio probably doesn't know, or hasn't learned yet, is that he just endorsed or shared a story posted by Indie Scientologists written by the big SP Tony Ortega. Double whammy! I have a feeling Mauricio is about to find the love bombing kid gloves removed and the real lesson in Scio merchanges of chaos and SP media relation will commence with the ethics officer stat.

I would bet just getting into the cult via Narconon that little Mauricio has no idea about the layers of SPs, the indies or Tony Ortega and Anonymous and all the BS surrounding it. The cult wants him to combat the media domination the SP's have achieved in recent years. He will either blow or become a hardcore believer quickly I would bet.

I'm sure his future career prospects have played a major role in his decision. TV and other media companies aren't usually beating down the door of people fresh out of rehab, or who have been battling addiction problems. I'm sure CoS offer to be a "journalist" at their new media center sounded pretty sweet, but my how that will change.

CommunicatorIC

What Mauricio probably doesn't know, or hasn't learned yet, is that he just endorsed or shared a story posted by Indie Scientologists written by the big SP Tony Ortega.
Independent Scientology News ( @IndieScieNews ) is not an Independent Scientologist twitter account:

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews

IndieScientologyNews

@IndieScieNews

Independent news about Scientology. Not associated with the Church of Scientology or Independent Scientology. Tweeted stories & retweets are not endorsements.

paper.li/IndieScieNews/…

Last edited:

BunnySkull

Independent Scientology News ( @IndieScieNews ) is not an Independent Scientologist twitter account:

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews

IndieScientologyNews

@IndieScieNews

Independent news about Scientology. Not associated with the Church of Scientology or Independent Scientology. Tweeted stories & retweets are not endorsements.

paper.li/IndieScieNews/…

Ok, whatever, your splitting hairs. The point was the guy retweeted stories from a SP twitter account (independent scientology news stories) written by an SP (tony ortega). Nothing about the twitter account being either independent or non-indie changes the point of my post, which the guy has no clue about the critic world and just endorsed/shared a story by anti-CoS factions.

CommunicatorIC

An interesting development because of Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay rights.

The following is a Google translation from Spanish to English of the linked article.

Publimetro: Mauricio Clark joins Scientology, his "new adventure"

http://www.publimetro.com.mx/entret...iologia-su-nueva-aventura/mpcf!gI09KoKEunVVw/

In late February day, Clark shared a photo on Twitter, which poses with Scientology headquarters in Mexico City and bearing the legend "Starting a new adventure."

Days later, Mauricio Clark published a picture on Instagram with the cover of the book "Scientology - A new perspective on life," written by the founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard's message with that picture said. "Here studying for a while. "

Several users of social networking questioned the decision to Mauricio Clark to be part of this doctrine, accused of considering homosexuality as a disease and a perversion. The former host of "First News" admitted to being gay in February 2013.

"Contrary to what is said wrongly, I can tell you that the only thing they offer you is technology for personal growth," Clark said in response to criticism.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

<snip> TV and other media companies aren't usually beating down the door of people fresh out of rehab, or who have been battling addiction problems. I'm sure CoS offer to be a "journalist" at their new media center sounded pretty sweet, but my how that will change.

He could move to Hollywood where number of times through rehab is sort of a badge of honor among the movie crowd.

BunnySkull

He could move to Hollywood where number of times through rehab is sort of a badge of honor among the movie crowd.

Acting/celebrity are a very different kettle of fish than "journalism" or probably more apt for him "news personality." The issue tends to be schedules and punctuality, which is very important in the news industry, esp daily programs. Substance abuse problems go hand in hand with being unreliable, missing work and running late. Add to the fact that people who deliver the news are expected to be "reliable" and "trustworthy" (yes, I'm rolling my eyes typing that but the facade of that is important to the industry). It all comes down to appearance and facade of trustworthiness and reliability being vital for successful "news personality" and substance abuse are stereotyped as being polar opposite of those traits.