Michael Hobson is now the Security Investigations Officer of a Indie Facebook Group

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: Michael Hobson is now the Security Investigations Officer of a Indie Facebook Gro

Oh, I'd not call it a reprimand. I did say I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings and that I hoped not to cause offense. Your post here is much more acerbic than mine.

Like most who are not stuck in CofS, I am free to change my mind and to learn from other contributors.

After seeing the posts about Mike outing people, that happened in my case. And I said as much.

I can't believe I have to actually spell it out that I would and do find outing someone and harming his livelihood utterly appalling and inexcusable yet it appears that I have to.

Sheesh.

Plus, given that you said this

it seems to me that you already knew wut I thought, given that you pretty much summarized it there.

No, I did not know. Now you answered. So, now i would have a way of knowing your opinion. Simple.

If it seems like I am "acerbic" towards you, it's because you have burned out nearly all the patience i have with your leaping to the defense of and answering on behalf of obvious trolls. Example: Hobson was an obvious and known Scientology troll going back to ages ago on this forum-- but you somehow missed it until now.

I never believed trolls needed spokespersons. They seemed to be able to speak just fine without volunteer public relations people messing it up even more.

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Michael Hobson is now the Security Investigations Officer of a Indie Facebook Gro

Mary Sue was an excellent, voracious and eclectic reader. El Ron and Mary Sue discussed what she was reading at the Family dinners. As I have written on ESMB before, IMO Mary Sue was a huge influence on what El Ron read and on Hisself in general...far more than will probably ever be known or properly appreciated. Also, as I have written before on ESMB, El Ron borrowed, stole, usurped, commandeered and/or altered liberally from others on board the Apollo...Which I saw with my own eyes and it also happened to me.

Face
smile.png

Edit: PS...Let me remind you, Mary Sue had a BA in Journalism from a First Tier Major University that has produced over 15 Pulitzer Prize winners and is ranked in the top 10 for US Journalism Schools.

Thats new to me about Mary Sue, and probably is to many here.

.... but only because they didn´t read it - during the last three years:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...l-Sketch-of-L-Ron-Hubbard&p=453769#post453769

afaceinthecrowd said:
Off and on Mary Sue had subtle yet great influence with El Ron. She was much more a scholar than Hisself and had a Liberal Arts degree from a very good school (UT, Austin) earned during a period that Liberal Arts majors studied many of the “Classics” of human thought and experience.

Mary Sue was an avid, eclectic and excellent reader and I know for a fact that she often discussed the highlights and gist of what she was reading with El Ron, especially if it was pertinent to something El Ron was interested in or currently messing around with.

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

ROC = Rules of conduct. Called Board rules here.

Yes, Hisself recomended reading Crowley in 1952 PDC lectures, and per Nibs
read them for material to state in those lectures, so makes sense he wouldn't
nessesarily take them on the Apollo 15 years later.

Thats new to me about Mary Sue, and probably is to many here.

I've listened to the PDC 3 or 4 times and read the transcripts. The time period I was describing was 20 years after the PDC.

I posted that information re: Mary Sue on ESMB several years ago. Technically, her BA from the University of Texas, Austin might have been a general Liberal Arts BA, with an emphasis in Journalism...I don't know for certain which way it was. What I do know, from personal conversations with her, was that Journalism was a major emphasis of her studies, followed by English Lit and Composition and Library Research Preparation.

She was from a "Good" Texas, Southern family and had the manners and social graces appertaining thereto.

Face:)

TG1

Angelic Poster

Face, I knew someone in Texas who was a college classmate of Mary Sue at the University of Texas, which is where she was when she learned about Hubbard and went off to one of his seminars / lectures / whatever. She never came back to school.

Specifically, he said she completed only her freshman year at UT. She was a BABY when she and Hubbard got together. Just a BABY!

TG1

P.S. This guy just adored her, many years later. Just friends, but a smitten friend.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

I think it's pretty well documented that Mary Sue graduated UT, including by Lawrence Wright. EDIT: Mary Sue did her Freshman Year at Rice University in Houston, one of the top 10 Universities in the US.

TG1

Angelic Poster

Thanks, Face. I'll check that out further.

TG1

TG1

Angelic Poster

It's interesting (at least, to me) that Mary Sue's Wikipedia entry says she graduated from the University of Texas at Austin, but that the footnoted source for this information is The Auditor (21) (Hubbard Association of Scientologists). February 1967.

I'd rather have evidence from UT that she graduated, but I'm probably not going to go through the trouble to ask for her transcript.

Still, if Wright says she graduated from UT Austin, I'll bet he checked on it. He's known as a great researcher. Plus, he (and I believe his chief researcher) live in Austin, so easy peasy.

TG1

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

TGI,

Please see my EDIT to my earlier post re: Mary Sue's Freshman Year.

I've said all this before on ESMB but I feel like repeating it here again, briefly.

For all Hisself's grievous faults and, IMO, sickly perverse evil intents...which I saw and experienced many of personally...El Ron was at times a brilliant, fascinating, inspiring, charming and captivating persona. El Ron knew Hisself had to hide Hisself's true innermost feelings from others.

For all her grievous faults and, IMO, horribly corrupted good intents...which I saw and experienced some of personally...Mary Sue was for the most part a very intelligent, cultured, pragmatic, methodical, loyal to a fault and deeply conflicted human being. Mary Sue knew she had to cover up her true innermost feelings from Hisself.

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

It's interesting (at least, to me) that Mary Sue's Wikipedia entry says she graduated from the University of Texas at Austin, but that the footnoted source for this information is The Auditor (21) (Hubbard Association of Scientologists). February 1967.

I'd rather have evidence from UT that she graduated, but I'm probably not going to go through the trouble to ask for her transcript.

Still, if Wright says she graduated from UT Austin, I'll bet he checked on it. He's known as a great researcher. Plus, he (and I believe his chief researcher) live in Austin, so easy peasy.

TG1

I'm not at my "Home Twenty" but when I get back I'll check my copy of Wright's book and make double sure I've got the attribution correct. :thumbsup:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron

TG1

Maybe this is one of the gross inaccuracies that the Church of Scientology was referring to in their rebuttal to Wright's book.

hah hah hah

Brian

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe this is one of the gross inaccuracies that the Church of Scientology was referring to in their rebuttal to Wright's book.

hah hah hah

Brian

:confused2:

BTW...I never asked Mary Sue if she had graduated from UT...it was my "understanding" from somewhere that she had...I just chatted with her a bit about what she had studied in college and about what I had studied in college.

EDIT: And, Iv'e never heard or read anything to the contrary until today.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

Never had a problem with Sneaks. One of the few Scn supporters on this forum.

Truly we need more!

He seemed most interested in forwarding ROC that exist here.

Why should he be castigated for that?

Face, you familiar with LRHs personal library? How much of Crowley was in there?
yeah we need more michael hogsons like we need more abusive husbands, street muggers, stalkers and pychos in the world.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

:confused2:

BTW...I never asked Mary Sue if she had graduated from UT...it was my "understanding" from somewhere that she had...I just chatted with her a bit about what she had studied in college and about what I had studied in college.

those UT students were hardheads too. i was on staff there in the 80's... ironic that i never knew until i got out that mary sue studied there. i guess that was all part of burying the hubbard family. at least i knew she existed, seems public these days don't even know that much.

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

those UT students were hardheads too. i was on staff there in the 80's... ironic that i never knew until i got out that mary sue studied there. i guess that was all part of buring the hubbard family. at least i knew she existed, seems public these days don't even know that much.

The UT of the '80's was a prestige school...the only way in was mostly family, academics and connections. Nowadays, it's still a prestige school but admittance is almost purely academics and a small tad family and connections. UT is the State Land Grant University of Texas. About 15 years or so ago a State Law was passed that if you graduate in the top 10% of your High School Class in Texas you are, with very few exceptions, guaranteed admission to UT. UT has an immense endowment and if you get in...whatever your station in life...you go. UT is heavily steeped in tradition.

Relocating the Austin Org across the street from the historical main entrance to the campus circa 1980 was a pet project that Mary Sue was the overall driving influence for. Her concept was for the Org to have a free "Student Rescue Center" where UT Students having trouble with their classes could come in and get free Word Clearing and debugging...I'm confident the current Austin Staff haven't a clue of any of this.

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader

---

Last edited:

CO2

Patron Meritorious

yeah we need more michael hogsons like we need more abusive husbands, street muggers, stalkers and pychos in the world.

without them, what would Alfred Hitchcock have done?

[video=youtube_share;8VP5jEAP3K4]http://youtu.be/8VP5jEAP3K4[/video]

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

The UT of the '80's was a prestige school...the only way in was mostly family, academics and connections. Nowadays, it's still a prestige school but admittance is almost purely academics and a small tad family and connections. UT is the State Land Grant University of Texas. About 15 year or so ago a State Law was passed that if you graduate in the top 10% of your High School Class in Texas you are, with very few exceptions, guaranteed admission to UT. UT has an immense endowment and if you get in...whatever your station in life...you go. UT is heavily steeped in tradition.

Relocating the Austin Org across the street from the historical main entrance to the campus circa 1980 was a pet project that Mary Sue was the overall driving influence for. Her concept was for the Org to have a free "Student Rescue Center" where UT Students having trouble with their classes could come in and get free Word Clearing and debugging...I'm confident the current Austin Staff haven't a clue of any of this.

i had no clue of this in 1981! due to job offers i had my choice of austin or san jose', i chose austin because they didnt have any nuclear power plants setting on fault lines. i eventually ended up in california anyway... but austin had nice clouds. if i had to redo it, i would still choose austin. the music scene there was awesome, although with my day job and fnd staff job i never got to enjoy it much, except the fact that it was around... music pouring out of doors all over the place. they must have had SO staff there also, because i saw some of the quarters when i first went down, flop houses without the drugs is how i would describe it.