What's new

Mid 90\'s FLB and early 90\'s ASHO/AOLA

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, ThisFenceHurts!

In 1996 or 1997 Cosima was still an MAA at the Sandcastle.

In 2001 or 2002 Dave Foster was still a Reg at the Flag.

I believe the last time I knew about Jeanne D'Arc, in 1994 (possibly) she was still a D of P.

Sorry I don't have current info for you.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Mike Silverman got SP declared in 89 and was sent to the RPF at the same time. About 91 I believe he was routed out of the SO and I have no information on him after that.

Sadly, Ruthie Silverman passed of cancer I believe. That was last year. There is a thread on this website about her. Just do a search on her name to see it.

I have heard of James Bond, but never met him. He was in the mailroom. It was either at Flag or at FLO (middle manangement building on Hollywood Blvd.). Sorry i dont have much info on that. That info is from 2002.

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
Emil Roest

Emil is no longer in HCO. He was posted as a van driver in Flag Estates.
What a career. He moved all the way from Switzerland to drive a Flag van for slave labor wages.
Smitty

James Bond, he was still in Renos at FLB, but more precise in the FLB Landlord Office and branch of CMO CW, married to an italian reg from the Sandcastle I think. All this data is fresh up to 2005.

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
Wow, thanks for the data and the welcome everyone!

I am sorry to hear of the demise of the Silvermans...they were entertaining people.

As far as Emil Roest...what a fall! My dealings with him were alternately horrific and touching. He could be very rigid at times (having been a Police Inspector in Europe) but then he also told me several stories about his relationship with his mother and a story about proposing to his wife on a carriage in the park...at that time his stories were meant to illustrate the folly of disconnection from family, believe it or not. The last time I saw him, he had that haunted look in his eyes and was somewhat short with me, but not exactly rude. And now he drives a van.

Wow.

And does anyone know how to get rid of the slashes that are occurring everytime I use an apostrophe \\\' ?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
And does anyone know how to get rid of the slashes that are occurring everytime I use an apostrophe \\\' ?

Hi there, and welcome.

You can edit your posts for 24 hours, I believe. Can you edit out the backslashes afterwards?

I don't know how to stop them appearing in the first place. It's not a common error on this board.

Paul

Colleen K. Peltomaa

The first time I saw Toby was when she was chaplain and I went to her because I was in anguish about whether or not to route out of the Sea Org. She was very antagonistic to me and stood up and pointed her finger at me and yelled loudly in front of all the regg'es, etc. that I obviously did not want to be in the Sea Org and why was I coming to see her, blah, blah , blah. Good thing I had already done some TR0, but it was an embarrassing moment. Gee, the people you think are going to help you and then it turns out they are freaking out on you.

After that I saw her in little shorts on the EPF. Got sort of a kick out of it, you know. Then she moved to Clearwater area and was still causing trouble for the theta types, especially my FSM who was 100 times a bigger being than she is.

I hope she leaves CofS and become a better person for it.

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
Wow...my experience with Toby was very sweet. She used to have a little scooter that she drove back and forth to berthing with. What time period were your dealings with her, Colleen? Were you at ASHO or AOLA during the time period of 89-91?

Louis Schwartz was also very kind in my dealings with him. Old fellow, but seemed very intent on bypassing the BS at Flag. Once even let me look at some stuff in my folder so that I could understand what was happening in a certain aggravating situation.

Does anyone have a list of auditors from ASHO in the 89-91 range? I cannot remember for the life of me the names of the auditors that I had at that time. Two women come to mind specifically, one was maybe early 30\'s and might have been spanish and had a child, I believe...the other was a blonde who may have been mid to late 20\'s...

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
Colleen,
I couldn\'t actually tell whether your comment was supposed to be sarcastic or humorous, so I dunno if my reply is even necessary haha!

You know, I\'m finding that it is so difficult to really judge someone\'s character that I tend to think everyone has an a-hole side to them and a sweet side...and different people bring out different responses. I swear that there were times in Scientology when some people seemed to be on my side against some others who weren\'t. It was perhaps my mind trying to wrap itself around the dichotomy that exists in Scientology that we all have experienced.

Certain people have been absolutely nasty to me for no reason that I could see, and when I bring this up to others, I get gasps because that person was so amazing with them. And vice versa.

Anyways, thanks for the updates!

Div6

Crusader
Louis Schwarz was for many years a Flag World Tour reg "the largest Reg on the planet". Large Louis...he was very tall, not wide...one of the nicest guys I ever met. So he wound up in Pac eh? Interesting.

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
You know, when I dealt with Louis, he really seemed like he kind of knew something wasn\'t right in Scientology...and he tried to circumvent the BS as much as he could. Seemed like he was getting phased out gradually. I am sad that he is still in. He was definitely very tall! And I concur...one of the nicest guys ever. People like him were what convinced me to stick around as long as I did.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen,
I couldn\'t actually tell whether your comment was supposed to be sarcastic or humorous, so I dunno if my reply is even necessary haha!

You know, I\'m finding that it is so difficult to really judge someone\'s character that I tend to think everyone has an a-hole side to them and a sweet side...and different people bring out different responses. I swear that there were times in Scientology when some people seemed to be on my side against some others who weren\'t. It was perhaps my mind trying to wrap itself around the dichotomy that exists in Scientology that we all have experienced.

Certain people have been absolutely nasty to me for no reason that I could see, and when I bring this up to others, I get gasps because that person was so amazing with them. And vice versa.

Anyways, thanks for the updates!

Me sarcastic?!? Cynical sometimes maybe.

There was a PAC Base security guard who used to harrass me and I wondered why he was picking on me. Then I recalled a past life with him -- oh well, some more wholetrack payback. I really got to stop doing that to people....:)

Colleen K. Peltomaa

You know, when I dealt with Louis, he really seemed like he kind of knew something wasn\'t right in Scientology...and he tried to circumvent the BS as much as he could. Seemed like he was getting phased out gradually. I am sad that he is still in. He was definitely very tall! And I concur...one of the nicest guys ever. People like him were what convinced me to stick around as long as I did.

Anyone remember Stan who had one eye that was askew? I'm not saying that to embarrass him but because I know if I mention that you will know who I am talking about.

There was also a very tall Texan fellow who was recruiting students for the new SHSBC Dianetics courses. He was very compelling and I almost went back to ASHO just to study Dianetics on the SHSBC.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
What funny memories of different people.

I remember Toby as being a totally theta, uptone person who was always there to help anyone, a perfect pick for Chaplain IMO. I read somewhere that she was offloaded for an operable tumor after 25 years in the SO. Isn't that disgusting?

I also remember Stan. What a jerk! He implemented the 10:30 pm musters at which he would hand out new projects that had to be complete before securing. So it would extend the schedule to 1:00, 2:00, or 3:00 am every night.

He also assigned me treason after an expeditor did imperfect edging around a cieling light in the stairwell. This was because I had taken on the project of getting ASHO painted from those gaudy circus colours it used to be. I refused to do the condition but that was the end of initiating any renos for me. The other thing I remember him for was chewing me out for going to the canteen for a coffee on a course break when I was supping. Needless to say, my departure from the SO was not long after this BS!

Hey, anyone help with the Renovations at ASHO in 96?

I was contracted to do the duct work :) Lived and worked next to the SO for 6 months during reno's.

The name Beth Johnson rings a bell. Was she a sup for ASHO? Long curley brown hair, wide hips?

Jeff

Last edited: