What's new

Mike Rinder: EX Church of Scientology's chief spokesman and executive director OSA

Mike Rinder:

For years, Mike Rinder was the Church of Scientology's chief spokesman and executive director of the Office of Special Affairs, its intelligence wing. In 2007, his defection was among the most surprising in an exodus of high-ranking officials from the church. Since then, he's given several interviews, but none as complete as the videotaped discussions we had with him last month in his Florida home. In this first segment, he describes the conditions in "The Hole," Scientology's notorious concentration camp for fallen executives at its California headquarters. In other segments, Rinder also talks about the confessions forced out of prisoners, the constant indoctrination of church members, and much, much, more...
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...er_scientology_former_spokesman_interview.php

Gee, I wonder why the Church of Scientology discourages its members from reading the news or internet sites related to Scientology?

Lone Star

Crusader
Re: Mike Rinder: EX Church of Scientology's chief spokesman and executive director O

Just wanted to add this bit:

In March 2007, Rinder was sent as a junior assistant to the Church spokesperson to defend Scientology from John Sweeney, who was filming a BBC documentary titled Scientology and Me.[5] Rinder defended Scientology leader David Miscavige, but Miscavige was unhappy with the documentary.[5] As a result, Rinder "was to report to the church's facility in Sussex, England, and dig ditches" and then was allowed to return to the United States.[5] Rinder decided to leave the church instead.[5] Rinder went to Virginia and told the church he wanted to talk to his wife and also wanted his possessions. He did not talk to his wife, but was sent a FedEx package with a check for $5,000, but his family photos were not sent.[5] Rinder and his wife Cathy of 35 years are still legally married, and he has no contact with his two adult children.[5] Rinder's official biography has since been removed from the official Church of Scientology website.[3]

Div6

Crusader
Re: Mike Rinder: EX Church of Scientology's chief spokesman and executive director O

he has also never been declared by the COS. :omg:

Publically. According to some that have seen it, it is kept locked up in HCO, and not Broad Public Issue.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Publically. According to some that have seen it, it is kept locked up in HCO, and not Broad Public Issue.
Same as just about every Declare since 2008 (or maybe even earlier).

Div6

Crusader

Mine was in 2007, and handed to me. (Thanks Louisa!) 2008 was the time they started triple secret probation for declares Stateside, from what I can tell.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Mine was in 2007, and handed to me. (Thanks Louisa!) 2008 was the time they started triple secret probation for declares Stateside, from what I can tell.

I was not allowed to have a copy of mine (West US) from late 2004, but I had been openly and voluminously posting online for 6 months.

Paul

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

Old news. Capt Ron, if you want to comment, it'd be better to dig up the old threads on these VV posts.