What's new

Mike Rinder, his family and disconnection

Mirele

Patron
I think the Scieno policy of disconnection is pure evil. Here's another example of the kind of hurt disconnection inflicts on families:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/disconnection-and-my-mother/

I'd urge everyone to go read it, because Mike talks about how he found out about his mother's death and subsequent cremation. Obviously this was news to him. It should not have been this way.

My condolences to Mike. :(

Lone Star

Crusader
I don't want to try to label what kind of coincidence this is, but this past Thursday Mike was in the same Texas courtroom with Monique "the Bitch" Yingling while his mother was passing away, unknown to him in part thanks to Yingling.

I'm sorry to hear this. My heartfelt condolences to Mike.....

:rose:

Last edited:

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Our deepest and heart felt condolences to Mike and his family at this very sad time.

His blog on disconnection and his dear mum hit home and what can one say that would make one feel less sad ... there is nothing as there is no chance of reconnection ... death is final and it would seem a foreign concept to those still in ...

RIP Barbara :rose:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Very sad to read... Condolences to Mike.

This comment reminds me of just how jaded scientologists generally are on the subject of death... and how exes evolving out it find out the hard way just how jaded they were in the past, much to their regret.
When my father (also an OT VIII) passed away, Barbara lost her lifelong best friend. It devastated her, as he was killed in a one-car accident and she was driving. At the time, things were “too hot” for me to leave the Int Base, so she was left in hospital in a small country town in Australia badly injured herself and stricken with grief. It is one of the biggest regrets of my life that I didn’t just abandon my post and get on a plane to join her when she really needed me the most. I didn’t understand the insanity of my callous lack of concern for her until nearly 20 years later after I had well and truly broken free from the brainwashing. This was the single thing I most wanted to tell her, face to face, when I tried to visit her in Melbourne, along with a simple “I love you mum, and always will.”

I've been there, with regrets like this... the consequences of being in a cult and not listening to your heart.

I have come to understand on a very subjective level that nothing trumps real love and your true family and friends. Especially not devotion to a “third dynamic” that actually destroys all other dynamics in its demand for absolute obedience and unquestioned loyalty to it and nothing else.

Hubbard never knew how to love, hence the absence of love as a focus in Scientology; hence the reign of hate in scientology....

freethinker

Sponsor
I will never forget the time I heard my father went in the hospital. I was about to head out the door of the org and was told that I needed to replace myself or I couldn't leave.

I found someone to replace me an hour later but if I hadn't found someone that soon, I would have left.

I really hate the whole Scientology is more important than life concept. That is why I want it totaly dissolved and never heard from again for any reason.

Very sad to read... Condolences to Mike.

This comment reminds me of just how jaded scientologists generally are on the subject of death... and how exes evolving out it find out the hard way just how jaded they were in the past, much to their regret.

I've been there, with regrets like this... the consequences of being in a cult and not listening to your heart.

Hubbard never knew how to love, hence the absence of love as a focus in Scientology; hence the reign of hate in scientology....

TG1

Angelic Poster
Mike's post really broke my heart. I'm still crying.

Scientology is worse than criminal. It is inhumane.

TG1

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
You know, there is so much conversation out there about their being "two sides" to Scientology, that even when believe you know most of the facts and have formed an opinion, you can still think sometimes,"maybe I'm missing something", "maybe there is something valuable in Scientology, and it is just being misapplied."

I should speak for myself, I've had those thoughts. Yet, if I've ever doubted that Scientology is a cult, or that brainwashing occurs, a story like this forces all of us to face the despicable truth.

Posts like Mike, which remind me of Karen de la Carriere's experience, cut through all the bullshit and all the rhetoric. This cult is just evil - and it is wrong what's happened with Mike and his Mom, pure and simple. No one, no matter what the ideology, should have to make a choice like that.

What "church" would work this hard to separate people, and most specifically families? How did this fucking cult do what all the others failed at and become tax-exempt and legitimate in some people's eyes? How can Tom Cruise and John Travolta still have their names attached to an organization this nefarious? Why are we STILL talking about Scientology on the planet?

And no matter how much I've wished Mike would suffer in the past for the things he's done, I would never have wished this experience on him or anyone else. He's paid a very high price and lost his kids and his family.

This story breaks my heart and yet it happens over and over and over again. World, please wake up. The CoS must be stopped.

Free Being Me

Crusader
You know, there is so much conversation out there about their being "two sides" to Scientology, that even when believe you know most of the facts and have formed an opinion, you can still think sometimes,"maybe I'm missing something", "maybe there is something valuable in Scientology, and it is just being misapplied."

I should speak for myself, I've had those thoughts. Yet, if I've ever doubted that Scientology is a cult, or that brainwashing occurs, a story like this forces all of us to face the despicable truth.

Posts like Mike, which remind me of Karen de la Carriere's experience, cut through all the bullshit and all the rhetoric. This cult is just evil - and it is wrong what's happened with Mike and his Mom, pure and simple. No one, no matter what the ideology, should have to make a choice like that.

What "church" would work this hard to separate people, and most specifically families? How did this fucking cult do what all the others failed at and become tax-exempt and legitimate in some people's eyes? How can Tom Cruise and John Travolta still have their names attached to an organization this nefarious? Why are we STILL talking about Scientology on the planet?

And no matter how much I've wished Mike would suffer in the past for the things he's done, I would never have wished this experience on him or anyone else. He's paid a very high price and lost his kids and his family.

This story breaks my heart and yet it happens over and over and over again. World, please wake up. The CoS must be stopped.

When human beings are cut off from their loved ones, can't even say good bye to them on their death beds because of Elcon's cultist disconnection it hits home how inhuman $cientology is. :sad:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
From Mike's sister's FB page..

3 hours ago near Melbourne, Victoria, Australia..

I just want to say how good it was to see so many family and friends at Barbie's memorial service yesterday. Thank you all for being there and for helping the family send her on her way to her next adventure. She was a wonderful woman, a great mother, grandma and great grandma. Onward dear friend...with all our love and best wishes. Jude xxx

https://www.facebook.com/jude.barnes

TG1

Angelic Poster

I just want to say how good it was to see so many family and friends at Barbie's memorial service yesterday. Thank you all for being there and for helping the family send her on her way to her next adventure. She was a wonderful woman, a great mother, grandma and great grandma. Onward dear friend...with all our love and best wishes. Jude xxx

Thank you, Smurf. Message sent.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Too bad Mike couldn't be invited or, I don't know, perhaps be informed of his mother's memorial service before it took place? Or perhaps learn of it other than second hand?

My heart goes out to Mike and all of those who experienced similar inhumane influences of the Church of Scientology.

I am so sorry and I apologize to everyone for having done anything ever to keep Scientology working.

These kinds of tragedies came about in part because each one of us were involved at some point, in some large or small way, in compromising our own moral judgment and our humanity.

In the end, all we really have or ever had of value, is our common humanity.

I am so sorry for your loss, Mike.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry for your loss, Mike - I too didn't pay my parents the attention they deserved before they died because of this toxic crime-scene called $cientology.

:rose:

I've spent part of today with my 90 year old aunt and it was a wonderful time for both of us. She's just amazing and kept coming out with things that left me open-mouthed at her wisdom. She's in care and only lasted an hour or so before I had to take her back there, she's so frail.

But it's so nice to just do something for her after all she's done for me, my siblings and cousins and our kids and even some grandnieces and nephews.

What really sucks with all of this is that there will be those still in who are happy that Mike's found out about his Mum's death like this.:angry:

It won't just be McSavage and Dingaling who believe they've done the right thing - there will be others who believe Mike's pulled all this in because he left and spoke out.

Fucking disgusting pathetic excuse for human beings, all of them - fuck OSA, fuck Hubbard and fuck $cientology.

This cult needs to be erased - permanently. And Slappy needs to be put where He truly belongs - in jail.

With Bubba monstering Him every fucking night.

I'm gonna be pissed about this for a while I think.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
My heart goes out to Mike and all of those who experienced similar inhumane influences of the Church of Scientology.

I am so sorry and I apologize to everyone for having done anything ever to keep Scientology working.

These kinds of tragedies came about in part because each one of us were involved at some point, in some large or small way, in compromising our own moral judgment and our humanity.

In the end, all we really have or ever had of value, is our common humanity.

I am so sorry for your loss, Mike.

The Anabaptist Jacques

That's a beautiful post Taj, I haven't stopped thinking about this since I found out but reading some of the heartfelt posts, responses and messages to Mike makes me feel better about things ... I just hope they make Mike feel a little better.

Thanks for dropping by.

:yes:

Tamlin

Patron
This is sad.

My husband spend some time talking to Mike Rinder last week, and said he was amazed at what a nice guy he was, after all the things that had happened to him. And now again, this. :no:

And for what? I don't understand what benefit disconnection has for the church, or anyone in it. :angry: