What's new

Mike Rinder: Scientology Plays The Religious Persecution Card

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
The bitter irony is that Scientology is joined at the hip with the rabidly intolerant, anti-American, Jew-bashing Nation of Islam.
Scientology seeks tolerance, but offers none.
It has spied on and infiltrated Christian and Jewish organizations, both communal and religious in nature. It has partnered with some of the most vile anti-Semites; including the infamous Liberty Lobby, headed by Willis Carto, a notorious bigot and proven Holocaust Denier.
This hypocritical and self-serving attitude has earned Scientology the contempt and well deserved repudiation from a variety of Interfaith organizations who recognize it for what it is, and not what it pretends to be.

Just what was the relationship with the Liberty Lobby, anyway?

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just what was the relationship with the Liberty Lobby, anyway?
I'd suggest you Google "Scientology and Liberty Lobby" where there is considerable evidence of an ongoing relationship between the two entities.
L. Fletcher Prouty and Tom Marcellus in particular are worthy of close examination, as is the published record of letters exchanged between the two groups.
Be forewarned that you may need to take a long, hot shower afterwards.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I'd suggest you Google "Scientology and Liberty Lobby" where there is considerable evidence of an ongoing relationship between the two entities.
L. Fletcher Prouty and Tom Marcellus in particular are worthy of close examination, as is the published record of letters exchanged between the two groups.
Be forewarned that you may need to take a long, hot shower afterwards.

There were some loose connections between Liberty Lobby and some U.S. Income Tax revolt associations in the 1980s.

Also, I was told by an employee of Your Heritage Protection Association that Armen Condo (the leader) had been involved in CofS. This didn't prove any connection between the two but I can't help but be suspicious.

"The Spotlight" newspaper:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spotlight

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Debora Lipstadt has written rather extensively about the Liberty Lobby and Willis Carto in Denying the Holocaust - The Growing Assault on Truth and Memory.

Elsewhere she has accused Scientology itself of soft-core Holocaust Denial because of its blaming psychiatry for the Holocaust.

The only way that Scientology can successfully play the religious persecution card is as the
persecutor, not the persecuted.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Debora Lipstadt has written rather extensively about the Liberty Lobby and Willis Carto in Denying the Holocaust - The Growing Assault on Truth and Memory.

Elsewhere she has accused Scientology itself of soft-core Holocaust Denial because of its blaming psychiatry for the Holocaust.

The only way that Scientology can successfully play the religious persecution card is as the
persecutor, not the persecuted.

Liberty Lobby was about far more than just Holocaust Denial. That was only one issue.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Liberty Lobby was about far more than just Holocaust Denial. That was only one issue.

Yes.

My grandmother went a bit soft in the head in her later years and read that damn thing religiously. That was my first introduction, as an 11 or 12 year old, to the fact that people could lie regularly and fearlessly, in print for political gain. I was quite a WWII buff, and my German teacher was a survivor of Auschwitz. So I was already inoculated against their Holocaust denial claims, and when I started digging into the "Roosevelt knew Pearl Harbor was coming and didn't warn the Navy" horse shit, I already knew about the whole sordid history of the US confrontation with Japan over China at the urging of Luce and other Mishkids. I had too many facts to get sucked into their rabbit hole, and even then I knew history was too complicated to fit in their tight little demented conspiracy theories.

But given that pattern of thought, and how well it meshes with Laffy's, I'm not surprised there are connections. It's just that the little I've seen doesn't show much in the way of proof that the two organizations really worked closely together.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes.

My grandmother went a bit soft in the head in her later years and read that damn thing religiously. That was my first introduction, as an 11 or 12 year old, to the fact that people could lie regularly and fearlessly, in print for political gain. I was quite a WWII buff, and my German teacher was a survivor of Auschwitz. So I was already inoculated against their Holocaust denial claims, and when I started digging into the "Roosevelt knew Pearl Harbor was coming and didn't warn the Navy" horse shit, I already knew about the whole sordid history of the US confrontation with Japan over China at the urging of Luce and other Mishkids. I had too many facts to get sucked into their rabbit hole, and even then I knew history was too complicated to fit in their tight little demented conspiracy theories.

But given that pattern of thought, and how well it meshes with Laffy's, I'm not surprised there are connections. It's just that the little I've seen doesn't show much in the way of proof that the two organizations really worked closely together.

I don't want to create connections where there aren't any.

I observe a pattern with Scientology, which we would all agree is a very insular organization, allying itself with highly anti-Semitic groups, specifically, Willis Carto, the Liberty Lobby and IHR, and Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.

The common denominator of both groups is a deep and abiding hatred of Jews.

Why would Scientology choose to ally itself with such bottomfeeders as these?

What is gained by it?

Is it as simple as the fact that Scientology is just such a pariah organization that these are the only groups that will have them?

Hubbard wasn't overtly anti-Semitic. Yet he spoke about the twelve world bankers, and had the Guardians Office infiltrate Jewish groups, many of whom were critical and suspicious.

Was it nothing more than the delusional thinking of a paranoid cult leader?

Perhaps he was so taken aback by what a Jewish writer, Paulette Cooper, exposed,
that it caused him to go deep down the rabbit hole?

Terril park

Sponsor
I don't want to create connections where there aren't any.

I observe a pattern with Scientology, which we would all agree is a very insular organization, allying itself with highly anti-Semitic groups, specifically, Willis Carto, the Liberty Lobby and IHR, and Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.

The common denominator of both groups is a deep and abiding hatred of Jews.

Why would Scientology choose to ally itself with such bottomfeeders as these?

What is gained by it?

Is it as simple as the fact that Scientology is just such a pariah organization that these are the only groups that will have them?

Hubbard wasn't overtly anti-Semitic. Yet he spoke about the twelve world bankers, and had the Guardians Office infiltrate Jewish groups, many of whom were critical and suspicious.

Was it nothing more than the delusional thinking of a paranoid cult leader?

Perhaps he was so taken aback by what a Jewish writer, Paulette Cooper, exposed,
that it caused him to go deep down the rabbit hole?

CO$ is always looking out for its own interests and dead agenting/black PRing that which it considers an enemy in some way, and often supporting what it considers an ally. I recall decades ago they supported a local politician in the UK on the matter of fluoridation of water. They are not anti semitic. David Gaimen one of the leaders of the GO was jewish. Many others in COS were also. I'm in fact part jewish and its never been an issue.
Several C/Ses I've known were jewish or israeli. There is an ideal org in Izrael not to mention a very successfull Mission, Dror, who left CO$.

From a recent Freedom mag:-

"Somewhere between 15 and 20 percent of babies and toddlers are in childcare or preschool in a church, synagogue or other place of worship. Without religion, those kids would go uncared-for that day. Or mom or dad would have to stay home from work."

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-plays-the-religious-persecution-card/

What you always get from CO$ is self serving bullshit.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I recall decades ago they supported a local politician in the UK on the matter of fluoridation of water. They are not anti semitic.

I remember a presentation by one P. Clavell-Blount, Chairman of the XXXXX (London? National?) Anti-Fluoridation Campaign, at an event in London. This was in the 70s, when the annual events (March 13, May 9 etc) were local affairs and orgs could do as they wished. For some reason I thought he had a magnificent name, and have always remembered it!

And no, the CofS has never been anti-Semitic particularly, beyond its usual anti-everyone-except-the-CofS-but-we-lie-about-it stance.

Paul

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
CO$ is always looking out for its own interests and dead agenting/black PRing that which it considers an enemy in some way, and often supporting what it considers an ally. I recall decades ago they supported a local politician in the UK on the matter of fluoridation of water. They are not anti semitic. David Gaimen one of the leaders of the GO was jewish. Many others in COS were also. I'm in fact part jewish and its never been an issue.
Several C/Ses I've known were jewish or israeli. There is an ideal org in Izrael not to mention a very successfull Mission, Dror, who left CO$.

"Somewhere between 15 and 20 percent of babies and toddlers are in childcare or preschool in a church, synagogue or other place of worship. Without religion, those kids would go uncared-for that day. Or mom or dad would have to stay home from work."

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-plays-the-religious-persecution-card/

I see you believe Freedom Magazine.

That tells me all I need to know.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe this needs clarification:

Is it coincidence, or by design of some sort that the two organizations with which Scientology has partnered are deeply antiSemitic?

It is a simple question, unless one rejects the premise.

Terril park

Sponsor
I remember a presentation by one P. Clavell-Blount, Chairman of the XXXXX (London? National?) Anti-Fluoridation Campaign, at an event in London. This was in the 70s, when the annual events (March 13, May 9 etc) were local affairs and orgs could do as they wished. For some reason I thought he had a magnificent name, and have always remembered it!

And no, the CofS has never been anti-Semitic particularly, beyond its usual anti-everyone-except-the-CofS-but-we-lie-about-it stance.

Paul

We must have been at the same event. Cheerful old codger wasn't he.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scientology is based as a cult on an abusive relationship with a person with narcissistic and sociopathic characteristics and many other mental illnesses . The cult is just an abusive relationship spread out , highly empowered and utilizing far more tools for degradation and enslavement than a one on one relationship . The group dynamics allow elements from groups in social psychology to be distorted and exploited to a very high degree .

Plainly with lots of tools the cult acts like a narcissistic , sociopathic pathological liar . Study them and you see Hubbard and his vision and methods clearly .

Z
2Q==
images
images

images
images
images
images

Any of these descriptions seem familiar ?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't know why (and would be interested to learn the reason), but there was a time in the late 1980s when a high proportion of St Hill staffers - or at least those one would see around East Grinstead - were of Israeli origin.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I don't know why (and would be interested to learn the reason), but there was a time in the late 1980s when a high proportion of St Hill staffers - or at least those one would see around East Grinstead - were of Israeli origin.

The name Dani (or Danni) Dann comes to mind. Anyone remember her?