What's new

Mike Rinder: Scientology Plays The Religious Persecution Card

Terril park

Sponsor
I don't know why (and would be interested to learn the reason), but there was a time in the late 1980s when a high proportion of St Hill staffers - or at least those one would see around East Grinstead - were of Israeli origin.

What I know is that when I was involved with London Org in
very early eighties there were several Israeli staff. There was probably a natural flow to St Hill. Also circa 1990 the C/S was an israeli trained at St Hill under Ros de Lacey. I was audited by her in London around that time.
I suspect that at that time there was not much opportunity to do Scn in Izrael.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
CO$ is always looking out for its own interests and dead agenting/black PRing that which it considers an enemy in some way, and often supporting what it considers an ally. I recall decades ago they supported a local politician in the UK on the matter of fluoridation of water. They are not anti semitic. David Gaimen one of the leaders of the GO was jewish. Many others in COS were also. I'm in fact part jewish and its never been an issue.
Several C/Ses I've known were jewish or israeli. There is an ideal org in Izrael not to mention a very successfull Mission, Dror, who left CO$.

From a recent Freedom mag:-

"Somewhere between 15 and 20 percent of babies and toddlers are in childcare or preschool in a church, synagogue or other place of worship. Without religion, those kids would go uncared-for that day. Or mom or dad would have to stay home from work."

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-plays-the-religious-persecution-card/

What you always get from CO$ is self serving bullshit.

yeah that's what happens after years of auditing training thousands and thousands of clears and OT's
the CO$ is the EP.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't believe Freedom Mag and nor did I say so.

Apart from that you gave a very deep and insightful post.

So note to myself. I must make sure I read all your posts in future.

I'm not referring to overt anti-Semitism.

For that, there's the Liberty Lobby and Nation of Islam

In fact, I would wager that during the 70's -80's there was an over representation of Jewish people in Scientology.

I'm referring to the targeting, by the GO/OSA, of Jewish communal organizations and groups, many of which took a very dim view of cults, including Scientology.

Scientology is currently trying to inoculate itself against charges of anti-Semitism in case no one has noticed.

The Israeli Flags, prominent at Int events,the mentioning of "synagogues" in Freedom.

None of it is happenstance. It is all by design.

When was the last time they did that?

I think they are battening down the hatches, and preparing for a shitstorm.

Anyone who has been involved in this sort of stuff is invited to PM me

And fear not. I haven't descended into the rabbit hole of conspiracies just yet!

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Churchhill , I think you have hit something relevant . Scientology is largely based on Hitler doctrine and Nazi ideology hidden with rhetorical methods to make it seem to be different . I have barely started to outline the case for this in the thread Hubbard and Hitler :http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?38027-Hubbard-and-Hitler

I have to gather and coordinate more info on this and the stuff I found in an initial inquiry into eyewitnesses statements regarding Hubbard's comments about and study of Hitler . I also , prior to this developed a kind of system of spotting rhetorical methods like ethos ( claims of authority ) pathos ( appeals to emotion ) and logos ( claims of logical or scientific methodology ) and sublime writing( designed to evoke emotional responses , more extensive idea than pathos ) and logical fallacies and methods of invoking confusion to increase suggestibility ( contradiction , odd turns of phrases , unusual words , information overload , many new or redefined terms , redefining phenomena like cognitive dissonance or hypnotic symptoms and then inducing them ) and manifestations of psychological defense mechanisms , and other things intentionally placed in Hubbard's doctrine . I then sort of classify them and try to see where they came from as very often they are stolen and slightly changed , sort of like taking guns and "filing off the serial numbers" so your "customers" never know where you stole them from , or the police .

Please bear with me, I guess this is longer to write out than to do once it becomes first nature . Okay ,I found from lists by Jon Atack and Arnie Lerma you can get many source for the doctrine to compare and once you zero in on one you - if you remember thousands of Hubbard references and phrases verbatim or nearly so instantly from decades of cult indoctrination - you simply look up quotes by the person ( many sites are great as is Pinterest ) and realize where their quotes are .

Spotting Hubbard's rhetorical methods is important as they make the repackaged doctrine "seem" different to Scientologists from the original - often even if shown the original and it is almost the same words exactly . The Scientologist is caught in awe of Hubbard and cannot look at him as a mere mortal . I am not exaggerating at all - that is the cumulative effect of all the rhetoric , aka sublime writing . Extreme bias for Hubbard as exalted and divine .

So , after knocking all that defensive cloaking methodology away I found two sources that may interest Scientologists . Veda has long said Hubbard based early Scientology on Crowley's ideas and given relevant clear examples . I personally read the Book of Law and instantly recognized 41 points that are obviously placed in Dianetics and Scientology quite clearly and concluded the Crowley connection is quite true for myself .It warrants extensive delineation .

But I read about 200 Hitler quotes and a few excellent articles by others on Scientology's uncredited inspiration from Hitler and easily saw dozens of Hitler doctrine barely changed placed in Dianetics and Scientology and spread out from DMSMH to SOS to PLs and HCOBs and on and on . Spreading it out is done to hide it . The cult is always positioning enemies as Nazi like with PR to hide that the truth is the cult is repackaged Nazism with far more developed mind control and a gradual process of turning love to hate . Hubbard constantly calls things their opposite to confuse people and prevent them seeing the truth . The cult follows this tactic constantly . Think about it - a ship of slaves enslaving others - the Freewinds . A place to have miserable slaves in a frenzied panic thoroughly defraud and enslave others ? Flag - the happiest place on Earth . A method to completely enslave ? The Bridge to total freedom . It goes on and on . Look at what is emphasized . Hubbard's "understanding" ? Let us see understanding is love , compassion , wisdom and a relationship as equals based on respect - for Hubbard it is a method to via his ARC and KRC enslave and confuse as a dominant master . The exact opposite of understanding . I go into that here :http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?38466-ARC-and-KRC&p=1007698#post1007698

This is why Scientology must seem to condemn Nazis and support Israel - it must make even contemplating Hitler doctrine in it unfathomable because looking a tiny bit will reveal mountains of it barely hidden . It is the emperor's new clothes - you have to not trust or use your own eyes or you will see the cult is naked .

Please just look .

Last edited:

Friend

Patron
If it wasn't Scientology I would be shocked by the bare faced cheek of it.

Freedom Mag digs deep to find the good works of all religions and implies scientology has something to do with them, while not giving any detail on how scientology is contributing to the good works.

Here are the main points listed - To align scientology with the truth, the following needs to be added to the copy:

In a world with Scientology as a major religion-

I was lately wondering about it myself too. I would love to see details how The Church of Scientology contributed to the good works, and what they did, especially from those churches and religions. All religions have experience in their community; there is enough believers who can do without the Church of Scientology. Was the Church of Scientology invited to meddle, and whose agenda did they try to act on? I know the fact that, the Baha'i community and the Church of Scientology are so different like day and night. How would the Church of Scientology fit in? How would the Church of Scientology fit in with other churches and religions.
Doesn't The Church of Scientology follow the policy "Keeping Scientology Working"? In order to really be accepted by them they have to compromise the policy.

pkatz

Patron with Honors
I'm not referring to overt anti-Semitism.

Well, I am. These two excerpts are from the Apollo OODs of 11/1/1969 and can be seen at the Underground Bunker article titled "Scientology on the High Seas: the Final Dispatches".

"Ashore, casually ask if anyone has 'seen a Jewish looking fellow around saying bad things about people who help their country.' "

and

"We are honest legitimate people. Where we go money flows in. The enemy must not be permitted to cut income off from our local friends because Jewish international bankers hate anyone who help such a country as this.

LRH, COMMODORE"

(He was talking about Morocco)

There are other examples of anti-Semitism in his writings. These are the most vicious I have seen and will suffice for now.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Churchhill , I think you have hit something relevant . Scientology is largely based on Hitler doctrine and Nazi ideology hidden with rhetorical methods to make it seem to be different . I have barely started to outline the case for this in the thread Hubbard and Hitler :http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?38027-Hubbard-and-Hitler

I have to gather and coordinate more info on this and the stuff I found in an initial inquiry into eyewitnesses statements regarding Hubbard's comments about and study of Hitler . I also , prior to this developed a kind of system of spotting rhetorical methods like ethos ( claims of authority ) pathos ( appeals to emotion ) and logos ( claims of logical or scientific methodology ) and sublime writing( designed to evoke emotional responses , more extensive idea than pathos ) and logical fallacies and methods of invoking confusion to increase suggestibility ( contradiction , odd turns of phrases , unusual words , information overload , many new or redefined terms , redefining phenomena like cognitive dissonance or hypnotic symptoms and then inducing them ) and manifestations of psychological defense mechanisms , and other things intentionally placed in Hubbard's doctrine . I then sort of classify them and try to see where they came from as very often they are stolen and slightly changed , sort of like taking guns and "filing off the serial numbers" so your "customers" never know where you stole them from , or the police .

Please bear with me, I guess this is longer to write out than to do once it becomes first nature . Okay ,I found from lists by Jon Atack and Arnie Lerma you can get many source for the doctrine to compare and once you zero in on one you - if you remember thousands of Hubbard references and phrases verbatim or nearly so instantly from decades of cult indoctrination - you simply look up quotes by the person ( many sites are great as is Pinterest ) and realize where their quotes are .

Spotting Hubbard's rhetorical methods is important as they make the repackaged doctrine "seem" different to Scientologists from the original - often even if shown the original and it is almost the same words exactly . The Scientologist is caught in awe of Hubbard and cannot look at him as a mere mortal . I am not exaggerating at all - that is the cumulative effect of all the rhetoric , aka sublime writing . Extreme bias for Hubbard as exalted and divine .

So , after knocking all that defensive cloaking methodology away I found two sources that may interest Scientologists . Veda has long said Hubbard based early Scientology on Crowley's ideas and given relevant clear examples . I personally read the Book of Law and instantly recognized 41 points that are obviously placed in Dianetics and Scientology quite clearly and concluded the Crowley connection is quite true for myself .It warrants extensive delineation .

But I read about 200 Hitler quotes and a few excellent articles by others on Scientology's uncredited inspiration from Hitler and easily saw dozens of Hitler doctrine barely changed placed in Dianetics and Scientology and spread out from DMSMH to SOS to PLs and HCOBs and on and on . Spreading it out is done to hide it . The cult is always positioning enemies as Nazi like with PR to hide that the truth is the cult is repackaged Nazism with far more developed mind control and a gradual process of turning love to hate . Hubbard constantly calls things their opposite to confuse people and prevent them seeing the truth . The cult follows this tactic constantly . Think about it - a ship of slaves enslaving others - the Freewinds . A place to have miserable slaves in a frenzied panic thoroughly defraud and enslave others ? Flag - the happiest place on Earth . A method to completely enslave ? The Bridge to total freedom . It goes on and on . Look at what is emphasized . Hubbard's "understanding" ? Let us see understanding is love , compassion , wisdom and a relationship as equals based on respect - for Hubbard it is a method to via his ARC and KRC enslave and confuse as a dominant master . The exact opposite of understanding . I go into that here :http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?38466-ARC-and-KRC&p=1007698#post1007698

This is why Scientology must seem to condemn Nazis and support Israel - it must make even contemplating Hitler doctrine in it unfathomable because looking a tiny bit will reveal mountains of it barely hidden . It is the emperor's new clothes - you have to not trust or use your own eyes or you will see the cult is naked .

Please just look .

Thank you, Mockingbird.

I confess that I find your writing style to be difficult for me to follow.

However the link which you were kind enough to provide was quite helpful, and I appreciate it very much.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, I am. These two excerpts are from the Apollo OODs of 11/1/1969 and can be seen at the Underground Bunker article titled "Scientology on the High Seas: the Final Dispatches".

"Ashore, casually ask if anyone has 'seen a Jewish looking fellow around saying bad things about people who help their country.' "

and

"We are honest legitimate people. Where we go money flows in. The enemy must not be permitted to cut income off from our local friends because Jewish international bankers hate anyone who help such a country as this.

LRH, COMMODORE"

(He was talking about Morocco)

There are other examples of anti-Semitism in his writings. These are the most vicious I have seen and will suffice for now.

I was able to corroborate the first quote.

What is the source for the 2nd, more damning, one?

Thanks.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
I was able to corroborate the first quote.

What is the source for the 2nd, more damning, one?

Thanks.

Here's the 2nd quote:

The cause of war is incompetent government. The cause of “secret intelligence wars” is incompetent intelligence services.

We have no intention of getting loused up here so be alert and handle it both as ship organization and with your own personnel PRO ashore. We are honest legitimate people. Where we go money flows in. The enemy must not be permitted to cut income off from our local friends because Jewish international bankers hate anyone who help such a country as this.

^^^^ From The Underground Bunker: http://tonyortega.org/2012/11/02/scientology-on-the-high-seas-the-final-dispatches/

JB

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I'm referring to the targeting, by the GO/OSA, of Jewish communal organizations and groups, many of which took a very dim view of cults, including Scientology.

When I was in the SO in PAC - I think it was the mid 80s. For some reason I was in OSA Int, when they were still on the PAC Base. I saw a LOT of DA type packets and publications regarding a Jewish anti-cult group. I can't remember the name of the group, but the church was obviously all worked up about them.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I was in the SO in PAC - I think it was the mid 80s. For some reason I was in OSA Int, when they were still on the PAC Base. I saw a LOT of DA type packets and publications regarding a Jewish anti-cult group. I can't remember the name of the group, but the church was obviously all worked up about them.

I recall much the same thing. It is difficult to piece together, though.
So often, those who know are afraid to speak.