What's new

Milestone Two drops "Independent" from Independent Scientology label

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Milestone Two drops "Independent" from Independent Scientology label.

Milestone Two Blog: Not an “Indi”
http://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/not-an-indi/
By Lana M

The term “Independent Scientologist” was coined about 5 years ago, as distinct from Freezoners, who had been applying Scientology outside of Corporate Church control since the early 80s.

At that time, a list was created of “Independent Scientologists” with the aim of achieving 500 names, and many people signed that list, including myself and many hundred others. It seemed there was a group forming, and that there was some unity in a field that had been so fragmented for so long.

Over the last several years an interesting phenomena then occurred. Many people on the list of the 500 “Indies” denounced Scientology and became critical of LRH. Terms such as “KSW Kamakazees”, and “Scn Fundamentalists” and “Hubbard Devotees” were used to try and make being a Scientologist a bad thing. On several public forums, blogs and on social media, there was an ongoing influence and push to take away stable datums regarding Scientology tech, and to lump everything into one big baby that needs to be thrown out with the bath water.

Differentiation between Corporate Scientology (and their actions, harm and destructive acts) and the body of Scientology technology itself, stopped.

When Milestone Two was launched in April of 2013, with the clear purpose of making sure that standard Scientology is available, there was an open attack from the “Independent Scientologist” community on certain blogs and on Facebook. We chose, at that time, to simply find a safe space of our own, and continue our work, which he have done for the last year to great results. As time has passed, a significant number of those claiming they are “Independent Scientologists” have stated publicly that they have no intention of continuing up The Bridge, and they do not audit, do not train, do not apply LRH tech in their lives. They have abandoned the subject, the philosophies and in support of their new “group”, they find fault with the body of work and with the Founder.

At this point I consider the term “Independent Scientologist” a misnomer.

Now don’t get me wrong — people are entitled to do as they wish, and if people no longer want to practice Scientology and want to move into other realms, that is up to them. My job is not to persuade them otherwise. And they are welcome to go about their lives as they see fit.

But with the horrific state of Corporate Scientology today — with altered technology, injustices, criminal regging, rip-off, disconnection, gross out-tech, arbitraries and more — Scientology actually no longer exists within the Church of Scientology.

So my view is that in Milestone Two we are Scientologists. No other names or descriptors are needed.

It is a simplicity.

And we have no problem on holding the torch for the future.

CommunicatorIC

So if I understand correctly, the correct Twitter hashtags are:

#FormerlyIndependentScientologists

#FormerlyIndependentScientology

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
What a bunch of clowns.

Good lord knows they stay up late at night worrying over the correct name to use because their life revolves around labeling everything. If there's not a label which signifies the opinion they should have about something they get confused and frightened.

If they use the wrong label someone might think they weren't brainwashed ronroids and confuse them with people who might have an iota of critical thinking ability.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
So my view is that in Milestone Two we are Scientologists. No other names or descriptors are needed.

It is a simplicity.

English test.

(a) It's simple.
(b) It's simpleness.
(c) It's a simpleton.
(d) It's a simplicity.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I could not choose a-d. Do you allow "write-in" answers?

If so, I believe the correct answer would be "It's a simplicityness".

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Over the last several years an interesting phenomena then occurred. Many people on the list of the 500 “Indies” denounced Scientology and became critical of LRH."

The writer of this observation apparently did not find it an "interesting phenomena" to wonder why that happened.

The writer of this observation apparently did think it was much more important to discuss what the duped stragglers should call themselves.

And the right item that indicated to them was....."Scientologists". Well, judging on how dumb someone would have to be to note that droves of Scientologists denounce Scientology and LRH (and not wonder why) I think that "Scientologist" would actually be a perfect name for them. LOL

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

The writer of this observation apparently did not find it an "interesting phenomena" to wonder why that happened.

The writer of this observation apparently did think it was much more important to discuss what the duped stragglers should call themselves.

And the right item that indicated to them was....."Scientologists". Well, judging on how dumb someone would have to be to note that droves of Scientologists denounce Scientology and LRH (and not wonder why) I think that "Scientologist" would actually be a perfect name for them. LOL
That was my first thought too. Why?
Indies all have access to the best of the tech and none of the corporate crap. I would expect to see happy mobs at every corner singing Thank you for listening and giving touch assists. Surely entheta isn't powerful enough to shake a happy, at cause indy? Very odd indeed.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
This Lana's post made me think about it

I had a cog

In my view is also that in ESMB we are Scientologists. No other names or descriptors are needed.

It is a simplicity.

:confused2:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I could not choose a-d. Do you allow "write-in" answers?

If so, I believe the correct answer would be "It's a simplicityness".

They have been engaging in simplifyingness.

It is easy to get agreement when there are less than a dozen of you left.

I do have to disagree. I think there is way too much Scientology in the COfS.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
gibberish,

they are squirrels, and after they get sued for using a trademarked, copyrighted label then they'll change their label to some squirrel name and bitch about that too

CommunicatorIC

Terms such as “KSW Kamakazees”, and “Scn Fundamentalists” and “Hubbard Devotees” were used to try and make being a Scientologist a bad thing.
I coined the phrase "the Wahhabi wing of the Independent Scientology movement" to refer to the Milestone Two crowd.

People thought I was unkind and got mad at me.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
gibberish,

they are squirrels, and after they get sued for using a trademarked, copyrighted label then they'll change their label to some squirrel name and bitch about that too

Many years ago, the Riverside Mission changed to "Sciologos" before eventually ditching SCN involvement and just going to a general small business building (e.g. exercise club, marriage ceremonies, etc.)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I coined the phrase "the Wahhabi wing of the Independent Scientology movement" to refer to the Milestone Two crowd.

People thought I was unkind and got mad at me.

I am sorry people were unkind and got mad at you. Would you like a chocolate? :)

Seriously these people give me cognitive dissonance. :melodramatic:

They are like a half-way house for the spiritually challenged. Did I say that out loud? Sorry, please don't be unkind to me or get mad at me. :wink2:

I wanna be an independent bitter defrocked apostate. Yeah! :eyeroll:

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Splitters :duh:

Ouch! The insane --- it hurts.

[video=youtube_share;WboggjN_G-4]http://youtu.be/WboggjN_G-4?t=26s[/video]

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Why don't they just rename themselves or something, or "the cult formerly associated with Independent Scientologists"?

Paul

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Ænema by Tool:

"Fuck L. Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones"

It's nothing personal. Just had to let it out. "LFBD, Floating Noodles".

They will graduate too, eventually.