Milestone Two: People don't leave the COS because they are PTS to the middle class

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Milestone Two: People don't leave the corporate Church of Scientology because they are PTS to the middle class.

Milestone Two: Get free of the Church yoke
https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2014/09/06/get-free-of-the-church-yoke/
Posted by Lana M.
September 6, 2014

By Tom Martiniano

Why is it so hard to come out and announce being independent of, and free of Corporate Scientology?

I came out after months of Q&A and procrastination. Linda and I were so worried about our kids and some of our friends who wouldn’t take it easily. But I finally put my foot down and just did it because we needed to get the show on the road. And I paid a LOT of attention to what was going on around me while I came out. It was a crazy adventure, and things happened as I thought they would. But paying attention to it as it happened made it easier to as-is.

The first thing that happened is people all around me disconnected from me. And I wasn’t even declared! Even though I pointed out that it was not per policy to disconnect from me when I was not declared, they still went ahead and did it.

WTF was that? Oh, OSA doing their thang.

But there was more to those disconnections than just simply an instruction from OSA.

So the question became “why did our kids and best friends disconnect so quickly and hard?”

This was very interesting.

I mean why did they listen to OSA so easily, instead of following my lead as usual? It took a little research but I found it in the tech volumes. LRH always has the answer.

The facts are this: Most of the people in Scientology know there is something wrong. Our friends and kids all admitted that they knew there was something wrong, but they didn’t want us handling it.

“Let someone else handle it” was what we got told a lot. This was the outpoint I followed up which led me to the situation: “They aren’t worried about me, they are worried about themselves, with what we are doing to them by coming out!”.

It reminded me of the 70’s when my parents gave me grief for being IN Scientology: Same feeling and flow, and the flow was that I was going to cause trouble.

For my parents in the 70’s it was that I was an embarrassment for joining a church that was controversial. They didn’t want me to embarrass them. But now it’s a little different. It’s the kids and the friends.

Then I found the reference:

HCOB 16 April 1982, LRH says; “PTS is a connection to an SP. That is true. But what may be overlooked is that persons of the middle class (which is a culture, not an income bracket, to which belong all the puritan hypocritical mores of the cop and the get-a-job-be-a-moderate-plugging-success) frown very terribly on anything that at the least bit tries to make a better world. The middle class wants the world of a job and order and even hypocrisy and cops because they are AFRAID. They hold their narrow views because any other views may disturb their twenty-year house mortgage, the store, the job. So when someone decides to make a better world, they look on him as a direct menace even though the dull middle-class world is a sort of slavery and suicide. It is the middle class that tries the hardest to keep the down-and-outer out and down, who go along with a cop America and hate support of anything not in their class. And nearly every PTS you have will be found one way or another to be PTS to the middle class. As a group, not as individuals, the middle-class parent world suppress anything different. So you have PTSes.”

People around me got mad at me for coming out because they are AFRAID.

They admitted aloud that there was something wrong with the Church, but they didn’t want me to do something to handle my church because it would upset their equilibrium with their society.

They all told me that they had jobs in WISE companies and they would be forced to disconnect from me or lose their jobs. WTF is that??

Disconnect from the person you love so you don’t lose your beautiful house and jobs?

It was then that I realized that I was PTS to the middle class. That is what most of this crap is about.

We rebels like to shake things up. That’s why we are here.

We’re not afraid to demand reform. We can look “declare” right in the eye and say “Make my day!” But those around us are afraid we’ll mess up their precious environment. And our friends and relatives are about to kill us for doing something radical: We are going to upset their delicate state of mind.

“Many of them are caught up in the mystery of why they are snarled at and have no conception of the middle class as a formidable and jealous force that goes psychotic when it feels anyone may get away from the treadmill and threaten their uneasy and doomed lives.”

So if you are feeling CI to coming out and announcing your freedom from Corporate Scientology, realize you are connected to a very rabid middle-class.

DM has built a middle class right inside Scientology. And these people are the Puritans of Puritans and they will still snarl at us after DM is long gone. They’ve given a lot of money and they aren’t going to easily confront the fact that they threw that money away and got taken for a ride.

But the rest of the middle class, the ones that work for WISE companies and have nice houses and nice cars and all of that are going to really give you a hard time. They will hate you for coming out. This is where the counter intention is.

Beat the counter intention and become free.

It is PTS-less out here and that is a good feeling!!

And I will tell you this: There is no Scientologist who has left Corporate Scientology, that is not doing well. All are improving on all of their dynamics because they are allowed to use Scientology.

Davey boy tells parishioners they cannot look at the internet because of the “entheta” there, but that is not it. The real reason Scientologists are prohibited from looking at the internet is that Scientology is available for free on the internet and Dave doesn’t want you to know that.

And what people find there is the real, LRH Scientology, not the “Golden Age of Alter-is”.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Milestone Two: People don't leave the COS because they are PTS to the middle clas

So he can't figure-out what's happening in his life until he finds the correct LRH reference for it?:ohmy:

Boy I'm glad I'm out.:yes:

Leland

Crusader
Re: Milestone Two: People don't leave the COS because they are PTS to the middle clas

I need a crib sheet please......

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

I have to say.

Though god knows I don't agree with Tom Martiniano on most things, I do agree with him about this:

They admitted aloud that there was something wrong with the Church, but they didn’t want me to do something to handle my church because it would upset their equilibrium with their society.

They all told me that they had jobs in WISE companies and they would be forced to disconnect from me or lose their jobs. WTF is that??

Many people do stay quiet about their disagreements with the church because of their social and economic ties.

As I've said MANY times, the worse thing you could do is to go to work for a Scientology company. It's almost as much of a trap as being on staff is.

This, however, is bullshit:

There is no Scientologist who has left Corporate Scientology, that is not doing well. All are improving on all of their dynamics because they are allowed to use Scientology.

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors

I'd like to think that Tom is moving along down the road of the decompression which will eventually result in him seeing the bigger picture. It's a dim hope, I admit.

He just needs to connect the dots now that it is the entire structure of Scientology - exactly as LRH laid it out - which caters to and creates the "PTS to the middle class" mindset in the first place. He still fixates on blaming DM and the Sea Org for all the "alter-is" and is still trapped in the prison of belief. If he could make that one simple connection, he might start seeing that Hubbard had something to do with Scientology's downfall.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

I'd like to think that Tom is moving along down the road of the decompression which will eventually result in him seeing the bigger picture. It's a dim hope, I admit.

He just needs to connect the dots now that it is the entire structure of Scientology - exactly as LRH laid it out - which caters to and creates the "PTS to the middle class" mindset in the first place. He still fixates on blaming DM and the Sea Org for all the "alter-is" and is still trapped in the prison of belief. If he could make that one simple connection, he might start seeing that Hubbard had something to do with Scientology's downfall.

The irony is that he can't see the truth because he himself has such a heavy investment in the rightness of LRH and Scientology.

If he steps outside that box, he won't have anything left.

He isn't a whole lot different than the "still ins" he condemns.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

Hmmm, stay on the DL and keep my home, job, financial security or lose it all to be friends with a rabid nutter like Tom Martino.

Pretty easy choice that.

I feel sorry for Tom. Think about it. He's lambasting people for staying in the of the cult to keep their lifestyle, but what would Tom do if he didn't have Hubbard's millions of pages of non-sensical ramblings to turn to for every answer in his life?

They are all people who have lost the ability to make decisions for themselves, everything needs to be approved and referenced - either by the CoS or by word's in Hubbard's dreck.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Oh I don't know, it's one of the first posts Tom has made that doesn't shout military compliance or nostalgic about the old days.

But think it's not so much PTS to middle class as PTS to middle age. Lots of scientologists have their 2nd mortgages, their pensions wiped out, haven't gone on a holiday in ages as it's 'other fish to fry' and besides they are so broke, demoralised. And to think it was all just a fund raising exercise of which they could have made more impact by throwing their cash up in the air...:duh:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Hmmm, stay on the DL and keep my home, job, financial security or lose it all to be friends with a rabid nutter like Tom Martino.

Pretty easy choice that.

I feel sorry for Tom. Think about it. He's lambasting people for staying in the of the cult to keep their lifestyle, but what would Tom do if he didn't have Hubbard's millions of pages of non-sensical ramblings to turn to for every answer in his life?

They are all people who have lost the ability to make decisions for themselves, everything needs to be approved and referenced - either by the CoS or by word's in Hubbard's dreck.

What she said.

(You are a she, aren't you, Bunny? Don't know why I always assumed that. Maybe it's because you're so smart.... :p)

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Tom Martiniano said:
Why is it so hard to come out and announce being independent of, and free of Corporate Scientology?
Wrong "why" Tom.

The reason people aren't flocking to your little group is because they know one thing that you don't.

And because they know this, they are not the slightest bit interested in "doing Scientology" any more. Not in the "church" and not in your little group.

The correct "why" is this one thing that they know and you don't. Some day you will.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

hey tommy ; I see the curve ball that LCON threw in among the pitches really made you swing and miss the truth.

So when someone decides to make a better world, they look on him as a direct menace even though the dull middle-class world is a sort of slavery and suicide. It is the middle class that tries the hardest to keep the down-and-outer out and down, who go along with a cop America and hate support of anything not in their class. And nearly every PTS you have will be found one way or another to be PTS to the middle class. As a group, not as individuals, the middle-class parent world suppress anything different. So you have PTSes.”

All those curve balls underlined above and the master Con man has really got you swinging and spinning around in circles. The CON man is dead and long gone from the game. How about doing a walk out right out of hubbards mind and restart a new life with YOUR mind back. ?? Thousands have and it is a different and BETTER class ( if you want to even call it a class) that although not completely free, certainly has far less thought stopping and other determinism (all men will be my slaves) in it.

the choice is always ours and yours.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam
Stop spamming. I have reported it.
I am actually reporting each and every one of your spam postings. You are one busy little idiot aren't you?
UPDATE:
Thank you moderator! Goodbye Melvin.

Last edited:

BunnySkull

What she said.

(You are a she, aren't you, Bunny? Don't know why I always assumed that. Maybe it's because you're so smart.... :p)

(just to answer a question on the last page)

Yes, I double checked to be sure, I am definitely female. :happydance:

Free Being Me

Crusader

Tom Martiniano said:
>snip< We rebels like to shake things up. That’s why we are here.

“Many of them are caught up in the mystery of why they are snarled at and have no conception of the middle class as a formidable and jealous force that goes psychotic when it feels anyone may get away from the treadmill and threaten their uneasy and doomed lives.”

Tom and Millstoners all, has it ever occurred to you that Elcon wanted you to think this way for the explicit purpose of secluding you from society with his cult-think judgements? Society isn't "psychotic" (what a funny generality that is, hmmm) and you've missed the bus. Elcon wanted compliant clueless cultists remolded into vapid psychotics and try Elcon did with his $cientology. This is a deep descending rabbit hole of isolation where Elcon does your thinking for you.

One of the cult anchors in Elcon's $cientology is being adversarial. There is always an Enemy when it comes to $cientology, fabricated illusions. Always attack, never defend, manufacturing that enemy out of Elcon fluff demonstrating $cientology "works" in your own subjective cultist mind.

Attack society, attack wogs, attack the invented "SP," attack critics, attack each other, with blame and grandiosity. None of you are "rebels," with super powers. All of you are chasing your tails. If all of you were to take a step back with a thoughtful critical thinking pause you would realize (eventually) all your imagined calls to arms and war are black and white thinking, us vs them divisions keeping you in $cientology think.

Being a $cio cultist is a paranoid life with all these "enemies" around each corner. "Get them" is the way of the fanatic and so far your blog has shown just that. When you all run out of imagined enemies you'll find you're also leaving cult-think.

BunnySkull

PTS to the middle class was Hubbard's way of convincing members they should feel guilty and ashamed about having any doubts about throwing away their savings, financial security, dreams of home/family, career aspirations for the sake of promoting Hubbard's tech and schemes.

How dare any of you Scientologists have your own aspirations and dreams when LRON has better and much more important ones. Wake the hell up and be thankful you are allowed to be in service to such a big being as LRON and his genius.

If you weren't ready to sacrifice everything in your life at the altar of Hubbard's ego, then you were PTS to the middle class. (Translation, you had the audacity to have dreams and aspirations of your own that did not benefit Hubbard.)

Of course Hubbard threw in some utter ridiculous crap about being a "rebel" and having a galaxy saving mission for the first time in the history of mankind to make the above more palatable and alluring to guys like Martino who have great ego investment in seeing themselves as a earth shaking, rule breaking rebel who's one up on the rest of society. I'd bet Tom either has or wants a Harley to really make sure everyone knows his rebel status.

Oh, but the crazy irony of convincing someone they are a real rebel while at the same time ensuring their lives revolve around having a reference from an authority (Hubbard) for every decision and action in their life. Only a real rebel has to run to his red and green volumes before deciding the best course of action to take, hell yeah! It's the exact opposite of rebellious behavior but somehow Hubbard still managed to sell the idea to some.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

He's PTS to L. Ron Hubbard.

BunnySkull

Interesting aside about Tom Martiniano, the author of essay in the OP, and it seems one of the only major contributors to Millstone 2 outside of Lana and her boyfriend. (Warning this will be tl;dr for many people.)

Tom has been creating a narrative about his entire life that shares much of the same ego stoking and delusional thinking of Scientology. It's readily apparent that his fanatical devotion to Hubbard has turned him into a mini-Hubbard, as was intended.

Tom has written several books that he has self-published on a vanity press - all of them about his life before Scientology. "Kings of Woodward Ave. A True Story about Horsepower, Speed & Teenage Love" (No I am NOT joking about that title) and two about his Vietnam experiences, which also had a painfully cliched title "Vietnam: Teenage Wasteland -A Hippie in a Warzone" These are books that make Marty look like Tolstoy in comparison. (Tom even had Marty review and promote his first Nam book on his blog.)

If you go to Amazon.com you can read the reviews on his first Vietnam book. You'll see many from his indie buddies mindlessly praising it as the greatest book ever written on Vietnam. Then you find reviews from other actual Vietnam vets, who don't know Tom personally, and they call him out on the totally ludicrous stories he tells about his heroics/leadership in combat. The vets said such things is "this guy wasn't in the same war I was" and many point out the total implausibility of many of the scenarios he describes in the book and how completely ignorant he seems about things that should have been common knowledge to an average soldier in Vietnam. Others reviewers demonstrated how it was impossible for certain incidents he describes to have occurred because they weren't technically possible.

Tom tries to remove the negative reviews and leave only the reviews full of empty praise by his indie buddies. It's quite obvious in the 4-star indie review section that the majority of the "reviewers" had not even bothered to read the book. It was a pure stat push just like Tom learned from the cult in the good old days!

I don't doubt Tom served in Vietnam, but I think just like Hubbard, he remembers his history there very differently from the reality and in a way most flattering to his ego. Much like Hubbard, Tom appears to be a narcissistic personality. (Who else writes and pays to publish three books about themselves and a single five year period of their life?) He is deeply invested in creating a his own egocentric narrative to his life. It's so important to him that he's writing books just to validate it. He is even more heavily invested in Hubbard's version of reality. (As an interesting aside DM's Dad, since leaving the SO, has also been publishing vanity press nostalgia books about his childhood.)

I think Tom's anger and rabid attacks on any non-KSW ronbots is his way of defending the very fragile and unstable bubble he's created for himself. Scientology provides Tom with the narrative that he found the secrets of the universe and is on a vital mission to save mankind after millions of years of darkness and ignorance. Pretty much the most important task in the world, nay universe. I'm sure he was one of the Loyal Officers. When he "declared his independence" on Marty's blog in 2010 he stated how terrible it was to leave the Sea Org, "his dreams were dashed and game of clearing the planet was over."

So his "dreams" were relit. He could go back into SO mode and mindset. He must once again fight SPs from all sides in his heroic quest to save and preserve LRH's tech from being destroyed and corrupted by the ignorant and evil masses who want to keep mankind enslaved. He's a rebel with a BIG cause, he is miles above the average wog human he is so selflessly trying to help pull out of the muck. (Hubbard's appeal to ego and vanity really works like a charm on certain personalities, esp. personalities similar to his own.)

The alternative is facing a less kind, harsh reality: He is Tom Martino, a tubby senior citizen with a bad ticker. (I can't be sure but I don't think he has any kids or wife.) He is the author of vanity press books about himself that few read. He is surviving on veteran's benefits because he spent the best decades of his life working like a dog for free for a cult who's main accomplishments were ruining lives, harassing people and lying. The majority of people his age would assume he's a nut for being involved with Scientology, and steer clear.

It becomes easy to see why Tom, and some others in MS2, cling so tightly and aggressively to Hubbard. Their defense of KSW Scientology is pretty much a defense of their entire life and without it the reality becomes pretty grim to these old men like Tom and Jim Logan. I'd leave the poor old, pathetic coots alone with their fantasies if they didn't try to lure other susceptible, vulnerable people into their KSW bubble.

It's unforgivable in my mind when they take other people, like Lana, down this delusional road with them. Lana many have lost some good years to the cult, but she has plenty more ahead of her (plus young children who need her attention and guidance) and every year she spends with these delusional ron-bots is yet another year lost unnecessarily to Hubbard's fraud. It's just tragic that someone manages to break free of the cult or the SO, only to then join a group like MS2 and continue to waste their precious time and energy on the Scientology hamster wheel.

Because of their danger to vulnerable people freshly out of the cult they must continue to be called out on their lies and delusional thinking, just like the cult itself.

Last edited:

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

I'd bet Tom either has or wants a Harley to really make sure everyone knows his rebel status.

I'm not going to be able to get that picture out of my head...

BunnySkull

My last post discussing Tom Martiniano partly sprung from stumbling on a post he wrote early in 2013 at Marty's blog. There are some quotes in there that just made my jaw drop so I figured I should share them so others can really get the depths of this guys fanaticism. Keep in mind this is just quotes from one post from 2013, it's even worse over at MS2 today.

Tom Martiniano's greatest hits from Marty's blog

Should someone follow L Ron Hubbard blindly? I would say so because to me it would be better than stumbling around blindly for the rest of your existence. LRH is the smartest person I have ever met. He is also the most caring person I have ever met. He cares about us more than any other person on this planet,

You see, LRH cared about you. He cared about all of us much more than we actually understood. He didn’t invent Study Tech to make money. He made it so we could read and duplicate. That’s love.
(FIFY: He didn’t invent Study Tech [STRIKE]to make money[/STRIKE].)

Realize that ANY attempt to write against L Ron Hubbard is an attempt to destroy that which frees mankind from their traps.

Is Scientology the only route out? Yes. It is the only applied philosophy that has the OT Sections

Do it the way LRH says to do it and it will be right. Just because it went wrong the first time was not LRH’s fault. It is right out of KSW #1 “What Did You Really Do?” We screwed it up.

Source: Marty's blog January 22, 2013, he allowed Tom to publish an "op-ed" because Tom was so upset and the first few inklings from Marty implying LRH's tech wasn't perfect in every respect.

Free Being Me

Crusader

>snip< Tom has written several books that he has self-published on a vanity press - all of them about his life before Scientology. "Kings of Woodward Ave. A True Story about Horsepower, Speed & Teenage Love" (No I am NOT joking about that title) and two about his Vietnam experiences, which also had a painfully cliched title "Vietnam: Teenage Wasteland -A Hippie in a Warzone" These are books that make Marty look like Tolstoy in comparison. (Tom even had Marty review and promote his first Nam book on his blog.)

If you go to Amazon.com you can read the reviews on his first Vietnam book. You'll see many from his indie buddies mindlessly praising it as the greatest book ever written on Vietnam. Then you find reviews from other actual Vietnam vets, who don't know Tom personally, and they call him out on the totally ludicrous stories he tells about his heroics/leadership in combat. The vets said such things is "this guy wasn't in the same war I was" and many point out the total implausibility of many of the scenarios he describes in the book and how completely ignorant he seems about things that should have been common knowledge to an average soldier in Vietnam. Others reviewers demonstrated how it was impossible for certain incidents he describes to have occurred because they weren't technically possible.

Tom tries to remove the negative reviews and leave only the reviews full of empty praise by his indie buddies. It's quite obvious in the 4-star indie review section that the majority of the "reviewers" had not even bothered to read the book. It was a pure stat push just like Tom learned from the cult in the good old days!

I looked up Tom's book at Amazom. Cringe. Here's a review.
http://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-Teenage-Wasteland-Hippie-Zone/dp/1478350849

Really?
By XXX January 14, 2013
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
"Where do I start? This book is supposedly a non fiction memoir. Ok I'll take this guy's word for that and thank him for his service to our country. But there are so many factual error's and a sense of unreality to this book that I was constantly wondering,what in the world is this guy remembering? From the beginning when he asserts that he is trying to answer FAQ's about the war to the battle's he fought in, I never get the feeling that this guy was there. Again,I'm not doubting his service but I have real problem's with his recollections of his time in Vietnam. Even if this book was a novel, the terminology and the glossing over of, first which unit was he in and 2nd, the combat he engaged in is very irritating. I don't see how anybody who is familiar with Vietnam Memoir's could possibly find this book enjoyable and at 7.99, it's way overpriced. Normally I wouldn't criticize a book someone has written of his time in combat but I cannot in good conscience allow someone else to buy this book without getting a more fair review, than is offered in all the 5 star rating's it got. Disappointed to say the least and a feeling of being ripped off. If it ever come's on the market at a cheaper price, say .99, then read it and see what I'm talking about. I had no idea they're were Orangutans in Vietnam."