What's new

Milestone Two says you fear Scientology because it works

Veda

Sponsor
Re: Some LRH quotes for the benefit of homo sapiens

I don't know of anyone that has been purged. Lana does edit comments she feels are off-topic or in violation of her policy on posting comments.

http://backincomm.wordpress.com/moderation-policy

Looking at it again, just now, to be fair, I'd revise that and withdraw the "purge" comment. It was more like a "disturbance in the force" brought about by outraged Scientology true believers imposing their influence on that particular blog.

Looks like the Admin is caught in the middle, leaning one way, then another.

At least some of the posters, who disappeared in a bunch a while ago, are now back. That's a good sign.

:)

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
My reaction to Milestone Two has mainly been a "Milestone who?" They are already dying off, like all Scientology off-shoots, and their recent spat of attacks against others are their effort to gasp some last desperate breaths. No big surprise there, because it's in the nature of Scientology to destroy itself and anything connected with it. That's what following Hubbard's policies inevitably leads to, no matter how good your intentions are. One would think in looking at how Hubbard spent the last years of his life, that being a living embodiment of Scientology does not bring you happiness and joy, much less put you into a state of "cause over life". What a joke the whole thing has turned out to be.

The conspiracy theories are so sad. I know how it feels to live life thinking that those things are true, because I used to be there too. It makes one very paranoid and angry. Having done a lot more study and a lot more analysis, I came to realize that Hubbard's conspiracies were utter drivel and the product of a sick mind. And it was mainly because of that sickness that Hubbard implanted his organization with the cancer we call the Office of Special Affairs. I wonder where Scientology would be right now if Hubbard hadn't done that.

There's plenty in the world to be angry about and even some things to be paranoid about, but government conspiracies against Scientology are not one of those things. Hubbard himself stated emphatically that the cause of Scientology's travails was always internally created, never because of what the "enemy" was doing. And he was absolutely right. It's doing just fine destroying itself all on its own.

Last edited:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hesitated to post. Strange. It is only a comment.

It feels a bit like mocking or tormenting the village idiot.
And this is from someone who expects to read this type of post.

How sad that for all the many years of study, passionate certainty and knowingness, all they achieved in the world is become seen as objects of pity, one step away from the gentle tones of a sheltered home.

stanczyk

Patron
My reaction to Milestone Two has mainly been a "Milestone who?" They are already dying off, like all Scientology off-shoots, and their recent spat of attacks against others are their effort to gasp some last desperate breaths. No big surprise there, because it's in the nature of Scientology to destroy itself and anything connected with it. That's what following Hubbard's policies inevitably leads to, no matter how good your intentions are. One would think in looking at how Hubbard spent the last years of his life, that being a living embodiment of Scientology does not bring you happiness and joy, much less put you into a state of "cause over life". What a joke the whole thing has turned out to be.

I think you're right Chris.

There's a classic example on the South African blog today. One of those declared earlier in the year writes a post saying how much he is learning from people in the outside world and how blinkered he now realises he was in scientology. He admits that he still feels scientology has given him valuable skills which he uses every day but he is freely discarding those scientology ideas which don't work or which no longer make sense. It's a very fair post for someone still newly out and it seems he is following the usual trajectory of those who leave.

On the back of this very fair post (which doesn't criticise the 'tech' at all and indeed gives it much more credit than it actually deserves) comes one of the Milestone Two old men who launches into a stinging attack with the following jaw-dropping response:

Just damn…….I guess every realization that I (and thousands of others) have ever had about life and livingness through the application of Scientology was just a bunch of misguided, hallucinatory, bullshit, eh?
Thank you so much for putting the last 40+ years of my life into the trashbin, Ryan.
Not really. I’m actually more sorry for you. Your screed is a testament to how far off the rails the church has truly gone since I first walked in the door in early ’73. Trust me — it was an experience you probably wouldn’t even recognize as Scientology.
To ScnAfrica: I told you long ago that you were about to go down the slippery slope with this blog. You’re now well on your way to allowing it to descend into a hater’s hallow. It’s turning into an anti-Scn blog — just like I thought it would.
I just wonder if you’ll even post this. Probably not

To be fair he is being called out on this by the other posters there but it clearly seems there is a sense of increasing desperation on the part of Milestone Two members.

Gib

Crusader
T
here's plenty in the world to be angry about and even some things to be paranoid about, but government conspiracies against Scientology are not one of those things. Hubbard himself stated emphatically that the cause of Scientology's travails was always internally created, never because of what the "enemy" was doing. And he was absolutely right. It's doing just fine destroying itself all on its own.

Too funny Chris, and actually mind boggling,

it says so right there in KSW and yet the dupes have read KSW, what maybe 30 times, and yet

none of the dupes can apply it. :confused2:

Pure rhetorical writing by hubbard to dupe the dupes.

What's interesting is that Hubbard learned Rhetorical writing from his Dean Wilbur, yet Hubbard never taught the rules of rhetorical writing to his disciples. :roflmao:

ps: I too was a dupe. :yes:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Tom is Homo Novus. No one can legitimately criticize him because he's smarter than everyone else. :duh:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/tom-martiniano-declaration-of-independence

I wonder if Tom smoked some contaminated dope in Vietnam.

http://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-Teenage-Wasteland-Hippie-Zone/dp/1478350849

Interesting to read the reviews of the above linked book about this dude's Vietnam service. Pretty much a split between "Wow, I've never read a book about the Vietnam war as exciting as this one! It is so exciting it almost reads like a novel. Just one thrilling story after another." and "Ummm...dude...I was there at the very same time in the very same place and I sure don't remember it like you do."

Not to take away from anyone's service to their country, of course. I'm just paraphrasing the reviews on the man's 2012 writing efforts.