Mini-Slappy

LoneWolf

Patron
Amy Scobee, 20 years as manager at the church's international base in California, who left Scientology 2005, said in a St. Pete Times video interview that she saw the stat board at Int Management HQ and that the stats started to crash when Slappy tool over.
Mark "Marty" C. Rathbun former Inspector General of the Religious Technology Center, said in a similar video interview that the international stats were down.
Gary Morehead, security chief at the LA complex, left in 1997, said in a video interview, that Miscavige wiped out the entire Int exec management strata along with any expansion programs.

I have seen this on a smaller org scale when I was on staff. A new guy rose to the top and essentially took over (same as DM). For a year, nobody could figure out why the stats like GI, Bodies in the Shop and WD auditing hours were on an emergency slide. One day, I (the OES) was called into the ED’s office. He pointed to the OIC board and said “We need to come up with a program to handle the stats. They started to crash around the time that I took over”. At the time, his statement went right over my head and I didn’t put 2 & 2 together. The “program” turned into investigating all staff members who were not producing (down stat) and put them on an ethics program. Eventually it became Non-enturbulation orders which eventually lead to publically humiliating the staff. Some staff blew. A few were, by order of the ED, sent to a higher org for “handling” This ED had a personal line into the MAA of the higher org, whereby he would third party the staff member before arriving. Bottom line – 12 staff were declared including yours truly (after I finally stood up to the ED). The ED and 9 other staff were left undeclared. When I did the math (using the 2 1/5 % and 20%), I came up with 55% suppressive. The math didn’t add up. I think this ED was a mini-Slappy.

Can anybody verify the stat change when Slappy took over? If it is true that the Int stats continue to drop under his rule, then his days are NUMBERED.

everfree

Patron Meritorious
Can anybody verify the stat change when Slappy took over? If it is true that the Int stats continue to drop under his rule, then his days are NUMBERED.

I think DM's days are numbered not because of CofS's stats which are going to be nearly impossible to verify anyways, but because he is an abusive person in charge of an abusive, manipulative, and exploitive organization. At some point he will be held accountable.

It sounds like you went through an exceptionally brutal witch hunt for a lower org.

LoneWolf

Patron
You are probably right about the verification Everfree. Yes it was brutal...but I came out the wiser(and stronger) LW

Terril park

Sponsor
Around 3-4 years ago the former data chief, Anna Marie Woodward I believe is the name reported that cash bills had crossed a few years earlier than her report, and commented on a long period of non expansion since DM took over. In particular she looked at book sales which remained staic despite
15 new languages. She was on OCMB for a short while, maybe someone can find her posts.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Remember he demolished the Mission network, which had been a feeder line to the orgs. Maybe they held on to their public too long, but they did send them up the line eventually for OT levels, Briefing Courses etc.

Paul

byte301

Crusader
Remember he demolished the Mission network, which had been a feeder line to the orgs. Maybe they held on to their public too long, but they did send them up the line eventually for OT levels, Briefing Courses etc.

Paul

Paul, at the mission and lower org I was at they really encouraged you to go to upper orgs if possible.

The problem wasn't the mission holders or ED's trying to keep people it was the outrageous expense to do the upper levels. Your average person just couldn't afford it so they stuck around their local mission or org doing whatever they could in scientology until they had the money to go do some upper level stuff.

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
I started my time with Scn at a mission. It was a wonderful experience, personable people (both staff and public). Once I had completed all the courses that I could there, I went to the local org. Prices were higher than at the mission, but I certainly could not put a cost on my spiritual development and the desire for total freedom.

This occurred in the mid 1990's, so the downstats had already begun.

Funny, when looking for the why on a downstat, I always noted who was on what posts at that time. Those post changes were something I always investigated...