What's new

Mission Network Pre 1982

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
What we had in the mission network, was people who actually figured out how to run an organization. The ones who couldn't figure it out, went under. They realized that, in order to keep functioning, the paying customers had to have fun and be winning.

I think they all went under, or reduced to just barely surviving, after Miscavige got thru raping and pillaging via the finance police...round about 1982 or so.

Gib

Crusader
I think they all went under, or reduced to just barely surviving, after Miscavige got thru raping and pillaging via the finance police...round about 1982 or so.

I think that's pretty much true, I wasn't around then and from my research I'd agree. However, from what I know a few missions and an org became for all practical purposes saint hill size after that in 1982. The org being Orange County. These places though had special profitable connections, namely to singer and sterling, who regged thru Wise dentists and chiro's. I was on staff at one of these places and things were grand indeed, lot's of money being made, staff were getting a somewhat ok payroll. That's why I joined at the time, late 1980's, you know Ron's saying, join the winning team and indeed I did. :yes:

And then in 1991 something happened, all of the sudden these doc's were refunding, they wanted their money back. It was a nightmare. And I mean $20-30k because they were sold "clear" packages for themselves as well as their spouses.

It wasn't until 2012 that I found out why, after all those years, it was because of the Time Article. Talk about closed minds and only believing what Ron says or the COS, that was me as well as other staff, we had no idea what was going on, the story was out-tech, ethics got heavy, real heavy. I never read the newspapers or watched TV news as that was "entheta".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thriving_Cult_of_Greed_and_Power

This video about sums it up. When I stumbled on it sometime in 2012 I was like OMG. :omg: I finally know the truth after all these years, what a trap. I was at the opposite end of her video meaning I was hoping these doc's would pay for the clear package so we staff could get paid a payroll. It was so enlighting to see this video from the public point of view or her story. I can't tell you how many times we had to "handle" spouses because one spouse was persuaded but yet not quite the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLm5xLqlOoU

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Some went Freezoner or independent.
For example, the Riverside Mission joined Sciologos for awhile.
(I was long gone before this happened.)

Gib

Crusader

true, but there was force to be reckoned with and a true believer, and that was Mark Shreffler. Mark was a true believer in LRH tech, dont know if he still is, but Mark was the seminar speaker between Orange County org and Missions, looking back at it all, Mark was a sophist under Hubbard's influence who could sell ice to an Eskimo.

Mark's coming out story you might say is here on Marty's blog and here is a specific comment:

https://markrathbun.blog/2012/07/07/mark-schreffler-goes-indie-on-indies-day/#comments

"markshreffler[FONT=&amp]| July 9, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Reply[/FONT]Hello Gern,
I want to comment that we created the San Francisco mission back in the early 80’s and had a clearing machine going on with 16 class 8’s in the HGC. All stats were up by Tuesday and it was completely Spirit of Play. I was the public reg and sometimes I didn’t even come to work on Thursdays. We had a BALL, and it was the operating basis and the agreements we all had that aligned with LRH to get these public up the line! It was massively productive and actually carried 2/3rd of the international mission production at the time (this was after the storied “Mission Holder Conference” in 82 when such legends as Peter Crundall were eliminated.) It’s failing was not holding the form of the org (we had clients from all over the country that I was orienting in Los Angeles to do services in San Francisco!) and we only minimally trained these people. Nobody touched us because of our stats, but finally had to because this form of the org thing was just knocking everyone sideways. I’d love to hear from someone at the management end of the line comment about that scene as it would be very useful for auditors in the field. We started as a field group and had to become a mission because of our production and the fact that we wre a profit-making undertaking and the missions were not – yet we were doing the same stuff. It became a threat to the Church’s status."

Mark has a website but not updated. Interesting comments to read by Chuck, Dan Koon, and a bunch of others.

What's missing in Mark's comment is the fact of the Times Article coming out which caused many of these doctors of dentist and chiro's to refund.

I hope Mark realizes in present time, and I hope he has really researched there are no clears or OT's

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron

My impression was that they WERE Sciologos. I don't think there was a Sciologos apart from them. (I too was gone by then.)

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
My impression was that they WERE Sciologos. I don't think there was a Sciologos apart from them. (I too was gone by then.)

Yes, that was my 1st impression also (when I drove by the building, many years ago, and observed that the sign was changed to Scio Logos).
However, awhile back, I found that Scio Logos was started in Omaha and Bent had the Riverside Mission join them for awhile.
Why did Bent eventually withdraw from Scio Logos? I don't know. :confused2:

Veda

Sponsor
miscavigeyoungotx-jpg.99880

true, but there was force to be reckoned with and a true believer, and that was Mark Shreffler. Mark was a true believer in LRH tech, dont know if he still is, but Mark was the seminar speaker between Orange County org and Missions, looking back at it all, Mark was a sophist under Hubbard's influence who could sell ice to an Eskimo.

Mark's coming out story you might say is here on Marty's blog and here is a specific comment:

https://markrathbun.blog/2012/07/07/mark-schreffler-goes-indie-on-indies-day/#comments

"markshreffler[FONT=&amp]| July 9, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Reply[/FONT]Hello Gern,
I want to comment that we created the San Francisco mission back in the early 80’s and had a clearing machine going on with 16 class 8’s in the HGC. All stats were up by Tuesday and it was completely Spirit of Play. I was the public reg and sometimes I didn’t even come to work on Thursdays. We had a BALL, and it was the operating basis and the agreements we all had that aligned with LRH to get these public up the line! It was massively productive and actually carried 2/3rd of the international mission production at the time (this was after the storied “Mission Holder Conference” in 82 when such legends as Peter Crundall were eliminated.) It’s failing was not holding the form of the org (we had clients from all over the country that I was orienting in Los Angeles to do services in San Francisco!) and we only minimally trained these people. Nobody touched us because of our stats, but finally had to because this form of the org thing was just knocking everyone sideways. I’d love to hear from someone at the management end of the line comment about that scene as it would be very useful for auditors in the field. We started as a field group and had to become a mission because of our production and the fact that we wre a profit-making undertaking and the missions were not – yet we were doing the same stuff. It became a threat to the Church’s status."

Mark has a website but not updated. Interesting comments to read by Chuck, Dan Koon, and a bunch of others.

What's missing in Mark's comment is the fact of the Times Article coming out which caused many of these doctors of dentist and chiro's to refund.

I hope Mark realizes in present time, and I hope he has really researched there are no clears or OT's

No idea what Shreffler thinks these days but the above sounds like he's puffing up his resume. For him not to have been "hit," he'd have to have been very low on the totem pole.

Just before the late 1982 Mission Holders conference, the San Francisco Org and its surrounding Missions were in a fanatical frenzy "flowing power to power" as in the "pink Legs" 1967 Bolivar Policy Letter - "spirit of play" my ass!

Let's hope he's recovered from his folly and is no longer misleading people.

Some additional information. The second and last comment, in larger font, are the most important. Who knows?, maybe Shreffler will come across this:

From Denise Brennan:

"There was a real secret body of people directly run by Hubbard."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=90246&postcount=1

From a 1986 interview of Martin Samuels, the most successful Mission Holder with many Missions, and also the founder of the Delphian School, from the 'Reflections' chapter of the book, 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?'

http://www.amazon.com/reader/0942637577?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib_dp_pt :

"Hubbard operated according to a couple of key patterns.

The first pattern involved basically decent well intentioned people... no one was able to rise in the organization to a point of any real proximity to him, without being attacked and vilified...

The next pattern: It's reap and rape. Hubbard would let the reins loose. He'd let people believe they really could get on with it... He'd let people believe they really could prosper to the full extent of their own ability, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

And, with that kind of freedom, prosperity does occur, Inevitably, though, he'd come along and rape and pillage and rip off and take what had been produced. The most dramatic example of this was '82, '83, when he 'raped' his most decent people in management along with the mission holders, and looted the entire mission network.

And look at this pattern... He surrounded himself with absolute hooligans as 'managers'; guys who beat the shit out of people. This man, who 'is this OT, the author of Science of Survival, completely able to predict human behavior', surrounded himself with ruthless people - like Miscavige - who got there because they emulated Hubbard's savagery. They emulated his total willingness to completely break, use, and discard another person.

And then after their hands were so bloody - and the only reason their hands were bloody was that they were doing what Hubbard wanted - when it finally started to get to the point where it couldn't be tolerated by people anymore, Hubbard wiped them out. Then he said. 'My God! I didn't know!' Scapegoat. He even did that to his own wife, who went to jail in his place..."

_________​

Excerpt from the 1991 David Mayo article on 'Clear':

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..."

And from author Russell Miller's interview of David Mayo from August 1986:

"What worried me was that I saw some things he did and statements he made that showed his intentions were different from what they appeared to be...

He told me he was obsessed with an insatiable lust for power and money. He said it very emphatically. He thought it wasn't possible to get enough. He didn't say it as if it was a fault, just his frustration that he couldn't get enough
."​

_________​

And this from Alan Walter, a student on the first Class VIII course, and one of the top Mission Holders, from a 2007 post:

...Ron had Julia Salmon thrown overboard... Julia was [in her fifties], terribly overweight, and could not swim.

The people who threw her overboard struggled to get her over the side; she was terrified; she kept crying out "I cannot swim!" On her way down she hit the side of the ship - I could hear her screams - it was obvious she was injured and drowning.

The people on the deck all stood around too afraid to do anything. Fearing to originate any action less the become the target of LRHs displeasure.

I ran and jumped over the side and rescued her. I then pulled her over to the ladder that led up to the ground level of the dock........it was about 20 feet straight up. She could not climb the steps. I had my shoulders under her butt pushing her up..... no one still had come to help.......but at the top of that ladder stood LRH filming us.....such evil.......

Anyway after an immense struggle with Julia's help I was able to push her up to the top of the ladder....finally some help arrived.

Over the years the unthinkable thought pushed forward more and more....it was 'that I observe that LRH was demonic at that time'. I did not want to know that, did not want to believe that.......that was too incredible to be believed - even for me - I did the usual make nothing of myself....'you're seeing things' 'what do you know' 'you've got overts' - much easier to blame self than confront what is..."

Has Miscavige watched Hubbard's overboard films? It wouldn't be surprising if he has.

________​

According to Jesse Prince, from 'The ever changing tech of Scientology':

"...this bulletin was effectively canceled by LRH himself... that's where it all started. All these actions were taken to increase income. It is the same with the six month sec checks...

But I want to make it clear that the whole idea came from LRH not from Miscavige. Miscavige is continuing to carry out LRH's orders...

...Miscavige is doing his best to forward Command Intention, which is contained in the huge LRH orders database of the INCOMM computer system of Scientology..."​

http://www.ezlink.com/~perry/CoS/Theology/jesse.htm

Both the "Rhythmic [three swings] sweep of the dial at a slow even pace of the needle" [There is an old thread that addresses the 1978 HBOB], and the authorization of six month sec checks, came from Hubbard.

___________​

From Mike Rinder's blog:

"...LRH directed exactly what was to be done at the Mission Holders Conference in SFO following the one in Clearwater. The whole thing was recorded so it could be sent to him. He listened to it, sent Miscavige and the others commendations and ordered that the entire transcript be published..."​

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...king-derringer&p=967138&viewfull=1#post967138

________​

scientologyseaorggang19-jpg.99881

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes, that was my 1st impression also (when I drove by the building, many years ago, and observed that the sign was changed to Scio Logos).
However, awhile back, I found that Scio Logos was started in Omaha and Bent had the Riverside Mission join them for awhile.
Why did Bent eventually withdraw from Scio Logos? I don't know. :confused2:

Thanks. I stand corrected. In Messiah or Madman Bent talks about an org and another mission breaking away about the same time Riverside did, but doesn't give details. It seems to have been the Omaha Org he was talking about.

Omaha's Church of Scientology has severed all ties to the mother church, some of whose leaders have been convicted of burglarizing and spying on government agencies.
... the Omaha congregation, which renamed itself the Church of Scio Logos, has been maintaining a low profile because of feared harassment from the Church of Scientology leaders.
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/omaha-leaves-020583.htm

Gib

Crusader
Thanks. I stand corrected. In Messiah or Madman Bent talks about an org and another mission breaking away about the same time Riverside did, but doesn't give details. It seems to have been the Omaha Org he was talking about.

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/omaha-leaves-020583.htm

my oh my, how history repeats itself. The latest deflection from the mother "church" is

http://tonyortega.org/2014/11/03/da...mission-sues-scientology-for-libel-and-fraud/

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/dani-lemberger-speaks/

"[FONT=&amp]I got into Scientology at the COSMOD Mission, San Francisco, in April 1980. Didn’t take me long to become an avid Scientologist. I had huge wins on realizing I am an immortal spirit and on going exterior on TR0. I then did the NED Auditor Course, audited another student and then [/FONT][FONT=&amp]knew[/FONT][FONT=&amp] that this is the Tech to set man free. I knew we had, in Scientology, at long last, the road to individual freedom. A Cleared Planet became my goal."

Unfortunately, Dani still believes Hubbard's rhetoric.[/FONT]

Last edited: