What's new

Monique followed again!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Again I would point out that the woman seen in the photo of the restaurant where Mosey and her baby are inside is not a named person in the existing TRO. Therefore, how could anything involving this woman be brought into this courtroom as part of THIS action, without first proving there was a connection between the actions of the woman and the Cof$?
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/scientology-spies-invade-new-braunfels-texas/

095.jpg

OSA chief Texas Cathy Norman joins street operative
Hmmm, DeeAnna, it seems there might be a connection between Church of Scientology Office of Special Affairs chief Texas Cathy Norman and the Church of Scientology.

But, yes, you are right. It is possible that the appearance of Church of Scientology Office of Special Affairs chief Texas Cathy Norman outside the window of where Monique Rathbun was sitting was pure happenstance. Indeed, I'm sure it was entirely coincidental.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/scientology-spies-invade-new-braunfels-texas/

Hmmm, DeeAnna, it seems there might be a connection between Church of Scientology Office of Special Affairs chief Texas Cathy Norman and the Church of Scientology.

But, yes, you are right. It is possible that the appearance of Church of Scientology Office of Special Affairs chief Texas Cathy Norman outside the window of where Monique Rathbun was sitting was pure happenstance. Indeed, I'm sure it was entirely coincidental.

Good point, CIC. I can't imagine any court would think that there wasn't a connection between the CoS OSA chief and the CoS and that her being there was entirely coincidental especially given how the given court will have heard all about the dirty tricks OSA has consistently pulled over the past couple of decades and how in fact this is their sole purpose in life.

The more I think about it, the more stupid this behaviour becomes.

If the purpose is to create further delay by having to go back to the court for sanctions, this is even more stupid. Like being in a foot race and shooting yourself in the foot so as to make the running track more slippery for your opponent. :duh:

Axiom142

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
If you look at Google Earth Street view, it looks as if this picture was taken from the New Braunfels coffee shop. You can see the gazebo across the street from the café. Across the adjacent street is the Court house. It would be very easy for someone appearing at the court hearings to say that was the most convenient place to eat/get coffee. This could happen every trip to court for Monique if she continues to eat there.

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
I see. This makes me wonder if they have lawyers advising them on just how far they can go in harassing her without falling foul of the law.
Yes, exactly. They probably have advice relayed to earphones on where to go and where not to look. One thing one can be sure of is that none of their actions are spontaneous and undirected.

CommunicatorIC

If you look at Google Earth Street view, it looks as if this picture was taken from the New Braunfels coffee shop. You can see the gazebo across the street from the café. Across the adjacent street is the Court house. It would be very easy for someone appearing at the court hearings to say that was the most convenient place to eat/get coffee. This could happen every trip to court for Monique if she continues to eat there.
Yes, obviously the burden should be on Monique Rathbun not to eat a a cafe that is convenient, if not most convenient, to the courthouse where the trial is being held. It is not like her presence is necessary at a trial where she is the only plaintiff.

In contrast, the presence of Church of Scientology Office of Special Affairs chief Texas Cathy Norman at the trial, and thus her lurking outside the nearby cafe, is obviously necessary. This is particularly true given the fact that David Miscavige, the Religious Technology Center, and the Church of Scientology have been represented at trial by only twenty-two attorneys.

CommunicatorIC

VIDEO: Scientology Operatives Lurking Around Comal County Courthouse on 4 Feb 2014

VIDEO: Scientology Operatives Lurking Around Comal County Courthouse on 4 Feb 2014

Michael Bennitt: Scientology Operatives Lurking Around Comal County Courthouse on 4 Feb 2014
http://www.flickr.com/photos/truthrevealed/12327633674/

VIDEO AT LINK

Scientology Operatives Lurking Around Comal County Courthouse on 4 Feb 2014

3 Scientology operatives were lurking around during the anti-SLAPP hearing yesterday (4 Feb 2014) and taking pictures of me and others with their phones.

I spotted them taking pictures of me when I ran across the street to get a drink of water during a short break. During a second break I took these shots of them. I didn't have time to deal with them properly. They are low level DSA.

If I see you around again, OSA trash, I'm gonna get close-ups of all of you and fully out you on the Internet.

If Cathy Norman has to account for being close to Mosey at the cafe I expect
the COS lawyers will defend it by saying it was purely circumstantial that Mosey was there >>> Cathy was there purely to practice her religious right to stake out the cafe owner, who is an SP, and work out how to totally ruin HIM, not Mosey.
Sounds good to me.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Where is my drama ?? I want to see the cafe' owner drive those goons off the frount porch with a BROOM !!!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS SHE THINKING?

095.jpg

ANSWER: "I have finally achieved my childhood dream. As a young girl I often fantasized about one day becoming a dumpy & dejected cult member who tirelessly campaigns for the right to abuse & terrorize innocent human beings."

phenomanon

Canyon

"With Scientology Inc.’s traveling phalanx of lawyers comes a mobile surveillance apparatus. In the case of New Braunfels Texas a team of several operatives are deployed spreading from the courtroom where Rathbun v. Miscavige is being heard, throughout the courthouse, along the sidewalks to the coffee and sandwich shops team Monique frequents at breakfast and lunch.

Here are two of its operatives (including coordinator Cathy Norman, director of OSA operations for ‘church’ of Scientology of Texas in Austin) keeping close tabs on Monique Rathbun."

more at link.

095.jpg

omg is that Cathy Norman? She's not aging too good.

PTSPal

Patron with Honors
My Gawd, am I the only one here thinking "screen play"! Honestly, you can't make this stuff up! Who is documenting all of this...Its unreal :unsure:

8-8008

Patron with Honors

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS SHE THINKING?

095.jpg

ANSWER: "I have finally achieved my childhood dream. As a young girl I often fantasized about one day becoming a dumpy & dejected cult member who tirelessly campaigns for the right to abuse & terrorize innocent human beings."

I did not recognize her on that picture :) I wonder if her daughter is still in the SO. Her daughter was "kind of" forced into the SO. I remember she blew twice and even did hide for 2 days in one of the film room in ASHOD. Security even deployed their dog lol. Another time she did get on the top of the CF file. She would get out during the night to eat something :)

Her mother (Cathy) came to ASHO to see her. She handled her daughter to stay in the SO. Basically she did not know what to do with her daughter out of the SO. Nice mother, isn't she ? How do I know that.... Well I was on staff in ASHODay :) Remember me OSA :) !!!! lol

Tamlin

Patron
My Other Half and I were debating this earlier tonight. One big issue was whether the defendant's attorneys (the church's/DM's and all the rest) know this is happening.

We know that Monique's attorney was informed of these folks turning up (as one would expect), and since he's obviously a smart guy, I'm guessing he knows what can or can't be done about it. If it were me, I'd be yelling for the cops, but that's just me, and I honestly don't know the law in this case or what effect it could have on the lawsuit.

OH suspects that Jefferson/Cedillo et al don't actually know this is happening. On the other hand, it's hard for me to believe that information about such a thing - something that (IMO) could wreck the defendants case wouldn't be shared among the whole team. OH points out that Jefferson and Cedillo appeared to have been blindsided by the church on more than one occasion, meaning the church isn't giving them all the info they need to know.

Even if these OSA operatives are somehow staying just inside the law on this matter, it seems like the church's attorneys would be telling them to lay off immediately. Don't they know how bad it looks? OH said that would be the rational thing to do, but in a case that was precipitated by so much irrational behavior, that may be too much to expect.

ETA - I need to amend what I wrote earlier -
We heard from someone else that Monique's attorney had been informed of the OSA stalking. My husband did not hear this from either Jeffrey or the Rathbuns, so I just wanted to clarify that. I certainly hope he knows, though!

Also, after thinking about Moxon's intervening when Monique tried to speak to the OSA people, it leads me to also wonder (as others have upthread) if they are trying to pin all this firmly on CSI. Or at least that might be the plan, but in my opinion, it would not necessarily let RTC or DM off the hook.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'd bet it's either something like that, or a case of profoundly bad judgment bordering on insanity.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
My Other Half and I were debating this earlier tonight. One big issue was whether the defendant's attorneys (the church's/DM's and all the rest) know this is happening.

We know that Monique's attorney was informed of these folks turning up (as one would expect), and since he's obviously a smart guy, I'm guessing he knows what can or can't be done about it. If it were me, I'd be yelling for the cops, but that's just me, and I honestly don't know the law in this case or what effect it could have on the lawsuit.

OH suspects that Jefferson/Cedillo et al don't actually know this is happening. On the other hand, it's hard for me to believe that information about such a thing - something that (IMO) could wreck the defendants case wouldn't be shared among the whole team. OH points out that Jefferson and Cedillo appeared to have been blindsided by the church on more than one occasion, meaning the church isn't giving them all the info they need to know.

Even if these OSA operatives are somehow staying just inside the law on this matter, it seems like the church's attorneys would be telling them to lay off immediately. Don't they know how bad it looks? OH said that would be the rational thing to do, but in a case that was precipitated by so much irrational behavior, that may be too much to expect.

ETA - I need to amend what I wrote earlier -
We heard from someone else that Monique's attorney had been informed of the OSA stalking. My husband did not hear this from either Jeffrey or the Rathbuns, so I just wanted to clarify that. I certainly hope he knows, though!

Also, after thinking about Moxon's intervening when Monique tried to speak to the OSA people, it leads me to also wonder (as others have upthread) if they are trying to pin all this firmly on CSI. Or at least that might be the plan, but in my opinion, it would not necessarily let RTC or DM off the hook.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'd bet it's either something like that, or a case of profoundly bad judgment bordering on insanity.

From the info I have read thus far, it doesn't appear that there is any flagrant violation of the protective order. It is more like "war games" where the enemy sends probes precariously near or even straying over into the "gray" zone, whether on the ground or air space. They are testing, baiting....hoping for a favorable response, such as:

a) OVERREACTION (Aggression). This is the dream scenario for the cult. When they harassed Marty enough with their 199 day siege, he slapped the glasses off of one of the Squirrel Busters and a police report and arrest quickly followed. Charges were dropped but it was a big win.

b) OVERREACTION (Reporting). This scenario is devised to bait the Rathbun's or their attorney to file a police report and/or a motion in court for sanctions. Ray Jeffrey is way too smart for that kind of amateur cult play.​

Have no doubt that Plaintiff's legal team is well apprised of every nuance of cult brinksmanship and will wait until the moment and legal ammunition is plentiful before firing off a shot. This entire case, recall, was developing for some time between Ray and the Rathbuns before the COS (crimewave of scientology) compounded their 199 day siege with stalking the couple to their new home. They could have filed this law suit long before their "writer" neighbor was busted for installing surveillance cameras in the trellises surrounding their house. But Ray patiently waited and let the cult provide an increasing avalanche of provable and documented acts of harassment et al.

The cult has two choices. Ramp up their peripheral threatening motions and covert attacks until it explodes in their face (e.g. exactly what they did to the Rathbuns that triggered this civil suit). Or, quietly run away after paying out an undisclosed 8 multi-million dollar settlement (e.g. exactly what they did with Debbie Cook).

The cult is now deliciously stuck in the middle of a mystery sandwich where they have to keep turning the page to see what is going to happen in this dreadful wall of litigation litigation where all their dirty laundry is being publicly hung out as media and internet entertainment. That's where they are alright, "sandwiched" between a rock(slam) and a hard place.