Monique reportedly fires her legal team.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Right at the end:

And since Monique stated that they were able to achieve outside of the court what the lawsuit sought to achieve in the court, she dropped the suit.​

Monique stated that? I missed it. Admittedly I haven't been following it all that closely, but I would have thought such a thing would get wide attention, like on ESMB. :)

Paul

I missed it. This is the first anyone has posted here.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Rathbun is still Miscaviages tool, whether by design or accident and in collusion with
DM as a full blown OP.

Here's my takeaway

1 Marty comes out befriending the Indies and then dumps em like
so much fishwrap yesterdays newspaper.

2 Befriends Tony Ortega the guy who actually kicks the shit out of DM and CO$
daily and relentlesslly for years

3 starts a lawsuit and gets lawyers to pay for it, then dumps the lawyers
dumps the case and starts fight with Tony Ortega

4 not to leave out ESMB Marty has already given his little speech about
this place long ago, pretty much worthless right ?

I would say Marty has completed his little project for DM and done it quite well
knowingly or unknowingly as DM's favorite tool.

Lawyers will not want to take on flaky exscientologists anymore on contingency.
ESMB has been dead agented as worthless.
Community of critics fight amongst themselves. and divided into
the Marty camp and Ortega camp.

I aint trusted the guy since first phony good ol boy fishing videos
something stunk and it was't the fish:yes::thankyou:

Agree with every word.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty Rathbun - WTF?

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...6/05/02/censorship-and-hypocrisy/&h=AAQE_q8zM

What happened really? Many people posted nice things about the Rathbun's.

Did Monique take the blood money or not? I don't have enough theta to sort through the entheta...:eyeroll:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Thread merge so there are some duplicate posts below. Mod 3375>

Last edited by a moderator:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Marty rails against Tony O and others re: their comments, opinions and analysis. However, Marty is the one that actively promoted himself as a Public Persona to his “Target Publics”—the Press, Attorneys, ex/disaffected/Indy Scns—as an “Insider Source”, “Expert Witness” and “Hero Guru”.
Marty needs to fully grok one immutable fact about the Internet . . .

rodney_dangerfield_2390.jpg
Marty should just probably stay off the Internet for a while.

Couldn't hurt.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
This just in folks . . .

Mark C. Rathbun May 2, 2016 at 8:15 pm

There was no settlement. I missed the drama, affrontery, mystery and
accusation. I don’t know how to put it in more simple, measured tones.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm still waiting to learn when and why "Tony Ortega and his unnamed sources will rue this day......" .

I don't get it...

Many people posted a lot of nice things to them both.

Did they get the blood money or not?

I don't have the theta to go through all the enturbulating entheta on Marty's blog:eyeroll:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Re: Marty Rathbun - WTF?

This just in folks . . .

Mark C. Rathbun | May 2, 2016 at 8:15 pm

There was no settlement. I missed the drama, affrontery, mystery and
accusation. I don’t know how to put it in more simple, measured tones.

JustSheila

Crusader
The only hesitation or doubt I have is that he would have to be several orders of magnitude more stupid than even I think he is to have embarked on this in the first place. Knowing what he knows and what he has seen I find it just a little unbelievable. Most exes (imho) over exaggerate their fears by a very large margin. Rathbun has overseen such crap being done, of all people he should have been the one to be able to estimate correctly what was going to happen.

You said it! Marty is not like most exes, Mick. His bio book where he re-spun his life story and changed the details to make himself out to be some sort of unselfish, lone ranger hero made that blatantly clear to anyone who even read excerpts of it. Bad fiction, but with just enough truth in it that some people swallowed the whole thing. Sound familiar?

Marty never completely lost the scn 'superhero' concept of self and maybe the roots of that preceded scn. But , he is that intelligent in some ways and at the same time that incredibly stupid - blinded by a delusional concept of self and incredibly vain. Either way, in my gut I believe he meant well when he tried to organize the Indies and went public, but it was also self-serving. He expected to get quite a bit out of it personally for whatever that meant to him. No way was he an agent for DM, though. Neither of their huge egos would let that happen. :no:

Marty has been in a fight with himself and his scn ego for a long time on his blog. The writings were sometimes so disjointed, so incohesive, that there were times when we all actually worried about him. Marty's overblown sense of self and conceit completely blinded him from his personal pitfalls. I agree with you that he was stupid as hell to take on COS with all the dirt in his past.We're talking real crimes by legal standards, real serious business, the kind of stuff that can put a person in jail for life and ruin his reputation forever, and Marty did it for years. There was nothing rational about believing he could blame it all on DM and walk away pure and clean after doing so much of DM's vicious work for so long. It wasn't rational. It was ego-driven.

There was another man I once knew who had the big ego and distorted details and then the crushed sense of self very much like Marty. All I can say to explain it is that, like the other man I knew, I think when Marty is in that overblown ego persona, he doesn't have actual mental access to the full genuine memories and details. I don't envy him. Somewhere deep within the other man was a very frightened, reclusive 'self.' Somehow Monique gets through to the real Marty. Marty's thing of going back & forth with loyalties looks like PTSD to me. In my gut I think something COS said/wrote/did to him came down like a sledgehammer on him and he needs his family and to be alone with them to get back to himself. I feel so strongly about this that I feel like Monique and his child are the lifesaver that were thrown him while he was drowning. He's just not doing well so he's not coping at all with public criticism. Nobody has to forgive him or show compassion, but doing so will help Marty get his feet on the ground as his real self and Marty doing that will also stop him lashing out at Tony O and he'll be able to think straight again without feeling so defensive and then he can get in a frame of mind where he can actually begin to deal with his own emotions and learn to accept and like himself (the real Marty) again. It may never happen, but right now it is at least possible.

But did anything actuially happen - about from a parade of cretins with hats and cameras is there any evidence of dark, dark threats being uttered?

They are vicious monsters in the courtroom. Ask anyone who has had a case with COS. Marty had his own shortcomings and crimes. If it couldn't be said in that particular court case, they would have hit him or Monique some other way. Marty's background made him vulnerable, but Marty admit actual vulnerability? Lol. THAT is not going to happen. Except maybe to Monique.

The only person out of the most visible departures who has taken me by surprise - in a good way - is Mike Rinder.

I have not been following this whole melodrama for quite a while

Yeh, Mike Rinder was like the slow horse that finally found his momentum. I'm biased though - I've always liked the guy. It was Marty who tracked him down and got him involved, btw.

Just read Marty's latest post and all of the comments. This bugs me: He takes the time & effort to get philosophical about the whole thing but won't just come out and say exactly why they dropped the law suit.

If nothing else, he could just say "The papers filed by Monique exactly state why the law suit was dropped and that's all you're going to get." That's what he's implying with his latest blog post. Is he making us wrong because we don't appreciate his implication as sufficient conclusion to this story?

If, for some reason, they can't state exactly why Monique chose not to continue, just say that!

Their life is their own but he chose to make it public with YouTube videos, his blogs and his books. Yeah, so we'd just like to see a simple explanation. Why so damn circumspect?

He uses a lot of words explaining & philosophizing about peripheral issues but can't come to the damn point. Jeez!

I don't think he ever could do that, WhatWall. Not the Marty I knew years ago, not the Marty Face knew and described (quote below) either. It's how he is. Always with the head calculations going on, never speaking clearly about details. I'm not sure he does it on purpose. See what I wrote above.

Thanks Paul.:thumbsup::yes: I missed it, too. :confused2:

Over the last 5+ years I’ve made a number of Posts re: Marty. The gist of these Posts is that, IMHO having known and personally interacted with Marty "back in the days", Marty is by nature duplicitous, self-serving and I do not and will never trust him but, I am grateful that Marty “stuck his neck out”…For whatever personal reasons.

“They” connotes Monique and Marty.

IMO, “They” would never have been “able to achieve outside of the court” what “They” did without Jeffrey et al’s achievements “in court”—at great expense, with focused effort and from consummate professionalism.

I seriously doubt that the highly experienced Jeffrey et al pursued this Case without complete confidence, and most likely assurances, that their Client was willing and ready to—come what may—“go the distance” to “achieve” what the Client sought, via Settlement or Judgment.

Marty rails against Tony O and others re: their comments, opinions and analysis. However, Marty is the one that actively promoted himself as a Public Persona to his “Target Publics”—the Press, Attorneys, ex/disaffected/Indy Scns—as an “Insider Source”, “Expert Witness” and “Hero Guru”.

I hope that Marty someday realizes that one of the greatest inculcation's of El Ron’s Scn “Spell” is the desire to be and certitude that he’s the “Most Ethical Being", "All Knowing" and "Smartest Guy in the Room”.

Face:)

I completely agree with every word you say here, Face. IMHO, he's having a huge bout of cognitive dissonance and he might be a bit fragile just now. I trust Monique and their child will bring his real self out. Maybe if we all just ignore Marty completely he'll stop worrying about everyone else and what they say and just deal with his own issues and his own family. Maybe not, but how much do you think he would absolute hate it if he became 'yesterday's news' as a public figure? :coolwink:

Last edited:

I think that Marty expected Tony to edit the nasty comments he and Mosey suffered on his blog. He certainly didn't appreciate Tony editing out Alonzo's post. That is the difference between ESMB and Tony, we have moderators and a policy that prohibits ad hominum attacks.

I think that Tony is letting stuff fly to keep the pot boiling, to feed his shark with daily news, and as much as he claims to be a reporter, and not an activist, he really is just a tabloid journalist, complete with inflammatory head lines, and an editorial bent, not unbiased reporting.

But Hey, it is still his blog, he can run it as he sees fit, it does a lot of damage to the church, and unfortunately, there is a lot of collateral damage. Marty and Monique certainly didn't appreciate being collateral damage, and if that motivated them, if even partially, to drop the suit, I can't blame them.

Mimsey

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you. Is there any confirmation that Monique actually said it?

Dox or STFU and all that.

Paul

The comments are in the 'request to lift stay' motion available via Scribd in Tony's story of the day:
http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/28/mo...ormer-attorneys-as-she-plans-to-drop-lawsuit/

my husband and I have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by our own independent efforts

Is this the bit you mean?

BunnySkull

I think that Marty expected Tony to edit the nasty comments he and Mosey suffered on his blog. He certainly didn't appreciate Tony editing out Alonzo's post. That is the difference between ESMB and Tony, we have moderators and a policy that prohibits ad hominum attacks.

I think that Tony is letting stuff fly to keep the pot boiling, to feed his shark with daily news, and as much as he claims to be a reporter, and not an activist, he really is just a tabloid journalist, complete with inflammatory head lines, and an editorial bent, not unbiased reporting.

But Hey, it is still his blog, he can run it as he sees fit, it does a lot of damage to the church, and unfortunately, there is a lot of collateral damage. Marty and Monique certainly didn't appreciate being collateral damage, and if that motivated them, if even partially, to drop the suit, I can't blame them.

Mimsey

I disagree, Tony has not been a tabloid journalist, ever. One a tabloid is mostly devoted to gossip, unsubstantiated rumors and unnamed sources, something that Tony does not engage in. Given all the sources and contacts Tony has he could certainly write a hell of a tabloid-esque blog if he wanted to, but he doesn't.

Blaming Tony for what "commenters" on his blog say is also ridiculous. His posts get 1,000 plus comments every day, he can't possibly try to moderate all of that. At best people can report posts they think violate TOS and Tony might check those out. He's got enough work on his plate as an editor on top of writing new content every single day for his blog.

If Marty and Monique dropped a suit because of a few blogs posts and comments then not only is that insane, but they were never cut out for lawsuit agains the cult anyway. (A few comments on a blog are not even in the same universe compared to what Marty dished out to people suing the cult in the 1990's) All Marty had to do was NOT READ Tony's blog, pretty simple. The blog had no effect on his lawsuit or life, it was commentary and opinion from people watching it unfold from the bleachers. If Marty ego demands he reads everything online about himself and cannot tolerate anything but positive praise, that's his problem.

I disagree, Tony has not been a tabloid journalist, ever. One a tabloid is mostly devoted to gossip, unsubstantiated rumors and unnamed sources, something that Tony does not engage in. Given all the sources and contacts Tony has he could certainly write a hell of a tabloid-esque blog if he wanted to, but he doesn't.

Blaming Tony for what "commenters" on his blog say is also ridiculous. His posts get 1,000 plus comments every day, he can't possibly try to moderate all of that. At best people can report posts they think violate TOS and Tony might check those out. He's got enough work on his plate as an editor on top of writing new content every single day for his blog.

If Marty and Monique dropped a suit because of a few blogs posts and comments then not only is that insane, but they were never cut out for lawsuit agains the cult anyway. (A few comments on a blog are not even in the same universe compared to what Marty dished out to people suing the cult in the 1990's) All Marty had to do was NOT READ Tony's blog, pretty simple. The blog had no effect on his lawsuit or life, it was commentary and opinion from people watching it unfold from the bleachers. If Marty ego demands he reads everything online about himself and cannot tolerate anything but positive praise, that's his problem.

Perhaps my understanding of tabloid differs from yours. I didn't think of it the terms you mentioned, but more of an editorializing stance. I just don't see him as lily white pure as some do.

I agree, an open forum is too much for him to handle alone, and I don't know if he has the funds to hire a moderator or not. I am not blaming the commenters, people can say what they want. Marty has been on the receiving end of vitriol for years, and for him to react badly to it now, is odd.

This whole business is weird, if you are going to sue someone, I agree, you should be prepared to follow it through. He, of all people, knows whom he is suing, and the tactics they bring to the fray. To bail without a settlement, or a victory is when one seems to be at hand, and risk being sued out of existence for the defendant's attorney's fees? I can't fathom it. Unless they made some sort of behind closed doors deal - to drop the suit if David stops the harassment, it doesn't make much sense.

Mimsey

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

I think that Marty had an expectation that Tony was a friend, and would speak up for Mosey. Look at old blog posts where he invites Tony into his home, talks about strategy or whatever. There was at least some working relationship in the early stages of Marty's blog.

But Marty does tend to over flatter people, and then hit the delete button. Conspicuous by his silence is Mike Rinder....

WhatWall

Yep! Thanks very much. Here's a screengrab for the record.

View attachment 12555

Paul

So Marty could have said on his blog, "As stated in Monique's last filing with the courts, we were able to achieve our goals outside the courtroom and are moving on with our life. We'd like to thank everyone for their care and concern over the past few years." A little more detail would be nice but maybe there are reasons he couldn't say more. Instead, he posts an article attacking Ortega 'cause some Bunker comments are mean.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Poor Marty. :unsure:

He worked next to the leader of the cult, did heinous things to others and when it snapped back at himself - he blows....starts his own "org" and gets attacked by the Cult by the "tech" he created and then sues for $$$$$ and now he is pissed about something - I have no clue as to what that is.

THAT is Scientology folks.

Stay far away from it lurkers!!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you. Is there any confirmation that Monique actually said it?

Dox or STFU and all that.

Paul

"As stated in Monique's last filing with the courts, we were able to achieve our goals outside the courtroom"

They took the blood money, gag order buy out. His behavior is part of Scientology's plan to confuse and 3rd party us against each other and discourage lawers from taking Scientology cases on a contingency. Mark C Rathbun will pay his attorney's under the table and everyone out here will stay in mystery.:yes: Marty has already assumed a new identity : Mark C Rathbun

You have to use the TECH SP's. Think in Scientologese please....

MY opinion. Fuck off if you don't like it. JK....JK :blush:

Oh - and BTW - Mike Rinder won't post any questions we have about Marty...try it! WTF Mike Rinder????? I do respect you for not taking blood money and will support you always!!

Don't take blood money from Scientology - it hurts poor, innocent families.

Elronius of Marcabia

This is Marty and Moniques answer to the big question in their own words and carefully
chosen as to why fire the lawyers and drop the case.

While performing their retreat strategy from this lawsuit my former lawyers made two things abundantly clear to me: a) my lawsuit is not worth it financially for former counsel or anyone to continue to litigate, and b) my husband and I have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by our own independent efforts.
Very civil way of saying their lawyers fucked up and wanted out and saw no way to recoup any of the
time and money invested by them or anyone else.

And whatever good came from the lawsuit of course was brought about by Marty and Monique's efforts alone.

Sound familiar to anyone ?

Never retreat or defend always attack ?
and of course we will not speculate as to how the Rathbuns did this on "their" efforts alone
and after years Marty has been dissuaded of taking any advice other than his own unique genius :yes::melodramatic:

Don't sweat it Marty just words from one of the worthless ESMBer's entertaining ourselves:clap::biggrin:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty has been putting quite a few comments and responses to others' comments on his last blog.

Towards the bottom, as of today or last night, one commenter asked: "Why didn't you just say you settled the lawsuit out of court and get it over with?"

Marty replied: "There was no settlement."

Elsewhere he has hinted that he can't talk about anything. But he clearly states there was no settlement.

Just the fact that he's been commenting so much, plus combing thru Tony's blog comments looking for mean comments and reposting them....it's clear to me he misses the drama and being the center of attention, and he likes being seen as a martyr. Marty R. martyr