What's new

Monique reportedly fires her legal team.

Terril park

Sponsor
Thank you. Is there any confirmation that Monique actually said it?

Dox or STFU and all that.

Paul

I asked if anyone can elucidate on Marty's blog. No one did.

However below I quote from Monique's request to end the lawsuit.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/28/mo...neys-as-she-plans-to-drop-lawsuit/#more-30500

What she refers to here as "......our own independent efforts"
is not clarified.

"and b) my husband and I have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by our own independent efforts. It is a travesty that the statute (Texas Citizens Participation Act) designed to prevent suppression of the rights to speech, association and petition has been used to delay remedy for violations of those very rights in this case for two and one-half years. However, resolving the issues presented in the instant Petition for Review would do nothing to correct the statute’s vulnerability to manipulation that effectively vitiates the Texas Constitution’s Open Courts Policy. Furthermore, the defects in the complaint that Petitioners seized upon to create inordinate delay in this case were included by former counsel over my strong objections."

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Marty's latest blog post

No idea where this should go. Mods, feel free to move it. "Martyworld" used to have it's own section but I couldn't find it.

https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

(beginning of blog post)

Censorship and Hypocrisy

Posted on May 2, 2016 by Mark C. Rathbun | 126 comments

Tony Ortega’s blogging campaign against my wife Monique and me over the past three months has resulted in the largest wave of hate we have experienced in several years. We even saw that an erstwhile friend published an unsolicited psychiatric evaluation (including still more falsehoods) to explain our behavior as characterized by Ortega. The following descriptions of Monique (some referred to both her and me) written by Bunker regulars and published by Ortega pretty much sum up the sentiments Ortega has fueled:

• “Sympathy? I has none.
  • Monique, no respect. NONE. Sympathy? Nope. I never want to hear from these losers again

• subservience , irrationality, and paranoia

• Marty and Miscavige are cut from the same cloth. And Monique? Well, she did marry the guy.

I don't know how many of you were around after Minton settled with COS, but...kind of has that flavor.

(Not that I know that Marty has done anything like that. It just...really reminds me of it.)

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Marty's latest blog post

This post was on another thread but I'm copying it over here, it addresses the speculation that there may have been a settlement out of court:

Marty has been putting quite a few comments and responses to others' comments on his last blog.

Towards the bottom one commenter asked: "Why didn't you just say you settled the lawsuit out of court and get it over with?"

Marty replied: "There was no settlement."

Elsewhere he has hinted that he can't talk about anything. But he clearly states there was no settlement.

Just the fact that he's been commenting so much, plus combing thru Tony's blog looking for only mean comments and reposting them....it's clear to me he misses the drama and being the center of attention, and he likes being seen as a martyr. Marty R. martyr

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty has been putting quite a few comments and responses to others' comments on his last blog.

Towards the bottom, as of today or last night, one commenter asked: "Why didn't you just say you settled the lawsuit out of court and get it over with?"

Elsewhere he has hinted that he can't talk about anything. But he clearly states there was no settlement.

Just the fact that he's been commenting so much, plus combing thru Tony's blog comments looking for mean comments and reposting them....it's clear to me he misses the drama and being the center of attention, and he likes being seen as a martyr. Marty R. martyr

The brown nosing by others on his Blog enturbulated me.:grouch:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

I posted Marty Rathbun WTF? last night but it is gone?

WTF?

:ohmy:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

No idea where this should go. Mods, feel free to move it. "Martyworld" used to have it's own section but I couldn't find it.

(beginning of blog post)

Censorship and Hypocrisy

Tony Ortega’s blogging campaign against my wife Monique and me over the past three months has resulted in the largest wave of hate we have experienced in several years. We even saw that an erstwhile friend published an unsolicited psychiatric evaluation (including still more falsehoods) to explain our behavior as characterized by Ortega. The following descriptions of Monique (some referred to both her and me) written by Bunker regulars and published by Ortega pretty much sum up the sentiments Ortega has fueled:

• “Sympathy? I has none.
  • Monique, no respect. NONE. Sympathy? Nope. I never want to hear from these losers again

• Marty and Miscavige are cut from the same cloth. And Monique? Well, she did marry the guy.

I don't know how many of you were around after Minton settled with COS, but...kind of has that flavor.

(Not that I know that Marty has done anything like that. It just...really reminds me of it.)

Could you please "gen" us in on what happened to Bob Minton. I was not in nor had any clue.

There should be a "Hat Write Up" by these guys that cave in to Scientology pressure.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious

(beginning of blog post)

Censorship and Hypocrisy

• “Sympathy? I has none.

Tony and Chris Shelton are obviously in collusion with the evil psyches and you can't believe a word they say.
I agree Lulu, starting back in Dec 15 everything Marty has written has had that special slant of agenda.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

This post was on another thread but I'm copying it over here, it addresses the speculation that there may have been a settlement out of court:

Towards the bottom one commenter asked: "Why didn't you just say you settled the lawsuit out of court and get it over with?"

Just the fact that he's been commenting so much, plus combing thru Tony's blog looking for only mean comments and reposting them....it's clear to me he misses the drama and being the center of attention, and he likes being seen as a martyr. Marty R. martyr

I guess I'm just dense. :duh: How have they, "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by our own independent efforts" without some form of "Full and Final Agreement", to wit, Settlement? :confused2:

Holy Effen Ess!:melodramatic: They woulda "achieved" bupkis without the efforts, guts and dough Jeffrey et al laid on the line on their behalf. :yes:

I sincerely wish Monique, her child and Marty well but, Jeezis H Key Riced I don't trust a word of what Marty--the smartest guy in the room--says. :no:

Face:)

Edit PS: IMHO Marty is, as is his continual and consistent wont, splitting semantic hairs and being an evasive word clown. :coolwink:

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
There was a settlement. Period.

As I and others have quoted above, Marty says there was no settlement. If words have any meaning, then there was a settlement regardless of what Marty says.

Marty is, at best, engaging in semantics to the level of redefining words.

As also noted above, in her Request to Lift Stay, Monique states:

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

my husband and I have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by our own independent efforts.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

attachment.php

The only conceivable way in which Monique and her husband, Marty, could have "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve" -- i.e., the termination of their harassment by the Church of Scientology and its agents -- is by some sort of contract, agreement, understanding, etc., -- i.e. a settlement -- with the Church of Scientology. There is simply no other way to do it.

Think about it. Party A has harassed Party B. Absent an injunction, court order, judgment for damages creating deterrence, or other legal intervention, what is to stop Party A from harassing Party B in the future? Only by some sort of contract, agreement, understanding, settlement, etc.

Marty might think that in this context there is some meaningful distinction (or for an old-hand Scientologist, "differentiation") between a contact, agreement, understanding, etc., on the one hand, and a "settlement," on the other hand, but he would be wrong.

Note, I am not in this comment saying Marty and/or Monique received any money or other compensation. I am simply saying that in order to have "have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve" they must have reached some sort of agreement with the Church of Scientology -- in other words, a settlement.

Finally, the statement that Monique and Marty "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by [their] own independent efforts" is risible and, indeed, would be insulting to the intelligence of an orangutan. Without Ray Jeffrey they would have been screwed. The efforts of Ray Jeffrey were the only reason they "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve" (assuming they did so). And in return they threw Ray Jeffrey under the bus.

Last edited:

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
image.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

I hate that old familiar feeling of wading through words salad, knowing their are mines buried all around.
That was prominent in $cientology "scripture" but it's just as bad in law.
I wish I had a proper Black Law dictionary, but these are the dinky definitions of "EFFECTIVELY .

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Tony's report today:

Scientology confirms it won’t oppose Monique Rathbun’s plans to ditch lawsuit
So it came as a serious shock when Monique fired her legal team and then moved to dismiss the lawsuit outright.

If Monique was simply tired of the case and wanted to end it, Ray Jeffrey had been willing to work out a cash settlement with Scientology. Jeffrey and his team had put in thousands of hours on the case without pay and, by his estimate, had put about a million dollars worth of work into it. And because Monique fired her attorneys “without cause,” they would still be in line to take their contingency fee, something like 40 to 45 percent we estimate, if a settlement did occur.

But TexasLawyer told us it looked more likely that no settlement had occurred, which meant that Monique and her former attorneys would walk away with no money at all.

We’re told by numerous legal observers that Ray Jeffrey and his team won’t take Marty’s word for that but will engage in due diligence to make sure that there isn’t a financial deal — a financial deal that they would be entitled to a large percentage of.

For now, however, it looks most likely that the Rathbuns are walking away from their lawsuit without a dime, and their former attorneys will be entitled to 45 percent of bupkis.
http://tonyortega.org/2016/05/04/sc...pose-monique-rathbuns-plans-to-ditch-lawsuit/

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
The Rathbuns were 'reached' most probably using an EX that has excreted her/himself out of active post in the kult....think of someone Marty would talk to, I am sure you can think of a few EXes he would listen to....
Also there is such figures in the kult with immense wherewithal who would do anything to please D.M., anything! I am sure that someone like TC, for example, would be willing to ensure the Rathbuns have been taken care of.
If I was the 'little head snot' this would have been one of my options; after all the extraordinary amounts of $$$ that dedicated $ciloons are pouring yearly into the coffers of Co$, it is only a small leap to exert pressure on a passionate $ciloon to
help LRH's KSW.
Beauty of this scenario is that he can claim, an edging of the truth, that he never settled with Co$, essentially semantically true....his reward most likely will be delivered in subtle but very meaningful ways.
I never trusted Marty, reading his blog here and there over time, I thought him intellectually unformed meaning that he never benefited from a real education and plunged at a young age into the mental death trap of $ciloonery. For Marty Co$ represented a career that he chose to help resolved his internal doubts and turmoil.
I feel for Monique because I think Marty has used his $ciloon expertise liberally on her insuring that she remains on board. Good luck Madame Rathbun you are going to need it,
Just saying,
Shewolf:wink2:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reading between the lines of Marty's "pearls of wisdom" that he was dispensing months ago... when he says there was no settlement or that they got the end result they were looking for, I take that to mean he "rose above the sandbox" and is now immune to the evil effects of COB's cult.

In other words, he has transcended the need of lawyers or the need for strife....on this planet.

Seriously, I think he was just tired of the fight and simply dropped it.

I don't think he's tired of attention, however.

For those who never saw it or don't remember, here's the sandbox reference:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...bun-The-Scientology-Sandbox&highlight=Sandbox

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: There was a settlement. Period.

As I and others have quoted above, Marty says there was no settlement. If words have any meaning, then there was a settlement regardless of what Marty says.

Marty is, at best, engaging in semantics to the level of redefining words.

As also noted above, in her Request to Lift Stay, Monique states:

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

my husband and I have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by our own independent efforts.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

attachment.php

The only conceivable way in which Monique and her husband, Marty, could have "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve" -- i.e., the termination of their harassment by the Church of Scientology and its agents -- is by some sort of contract, agreement, understanding, etc., -- i.e. a settlement -- with the Church of Scientology. There is simply no other way to do it.

Think about it. Party A has harassed Party B. Absent an injunction, court order, judgment for damages creating deterrence, or other legal intervention, what is to stop Party A from harassing Party B in the future? Only by some sort of contract, agreement, understanding, settlement, etc.

Marty might think that in this context there is some meaningful distinction (or for an old-hand Scientologist, "differentiation") between a contact, agreement, understanding, etc., on the one hand, and a "settlement," on the other hand, but he would be wrong.

Note, I am not in this comment saying Marty and/or Monique received any money or other compensation. I am simply saying that in order to have "have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve" they must have reached some sort of agreement with the Church of Scientology -- in other words, a settlement.

Finally, the statement that Monique and Marty "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by [their] own independent efforts" is risible and, indeed, would be insulting to the intelligence of an orangutan. Without Ray Jeffrey they would have been screwed. The efforts of Ray Jeffrey were the only reason they "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve" (assuming they did so). And in return they threw Ray Jeffrey under the bus.

It's Scientology folks. Pure and simple.

Are you in confusion as to why Marc "C" Rathbun is acting so strange - going off on Tony O and Alanzo ???

It appears like they went away? It appears like the fired their attorney's?

Welcome to Scientology people - where everything that "is" isn't and everything that "isn't" - IS~

When it looks like Scientology and acts like Scientology - it IS Scientology.

Marty wrote the book on how to spray confusion in Scientology and deal with these type of situations.

He is getting blood money, the attorney's are probably in on it and have to "pretend" they are surprised.

This accomplishes Scientology's goal:

1. Everyone is confused and believes the Rathbun's got burned out. Scientology's goal accompolished. Don't sue Scientology.
2. The attorney's wasted millions cuz they won't get a dime. This discourages other attorney's to sue the cult. Rathbun's attorney's will get paid - it will be a while when everyone has forgotten this. It is just part of the "show" to KEEP Scientology Working and Keep the Show on the Road.
3. Rathbun's are wealthy beyond their dreams. They can have their fairy tale life living in luxury now with their new kid they adopted in the middle of this shit storm (not quite bright)

Scientology does not care about the money - they will financially ruin a few newbies to get this money or make Tom Cruise make up the damage for the flaps he caused. Money means nothing. PR is everything in Scientology and Marty was ruining Scientology's PR. They paid him off and he can justify it by saying I have a child and I am sick of it....blah blah blah.

Marty is using "justifier's" now - to get you off his scent.

I don't like Marty or Monique anymore.

They are Keeping Scientology Working.

In my humble opinion - they should have taken this to a DONE for humanities sake.

I don't care if they are tired of the fight - Marty wrote the tech to fight and needs to expose all of it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
. . .
This just in folks . . .

Mark C. Rathbun May 2, 2016 at 8:15 pm

There was no settlement. I missed the drama, affrontery, mystery and
accusation. I don’t know how to put it in more simple, measured tones.

I didn't get this when I first saw it but let it slide as I thought it was ILove2Lurk's joke invention. Now I see it is a genuine quote (unless Tony Ortega is quoting ILove2Lurk!).

WTF does "I missed the drama, affrontery, mystery and accusation" mean in this context? Is he making a joke, i.e. during the court case he wasn't able to say anything about cult matters, so he was happy to end the court case so he could indulge in all the bullbaiting again? Maybe it's not even a joke? It seems a very inappropriate place to be unclear, namely a short statement "clarifying matters."

Paul

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I didn't get this when I first saw it but let it slide as I thought it was ILove2Lurk's joke invention. Now I see it is a genuine quote (unless Tony Ortega is quoting ILove2Lurk!).

WTF does "I missed the drama, affrontery, mystery and accusation" mean in this context? Is he making a joke, i.e. during the court case he wasn't able to say anything about cult matters, so he was happy to end the court case so he could indulge in all the bullbaiting again? Maybe it's not even a joke? It seems a very inappropriate place to be unclear, namely a short statement "clarifying matters."

Paul

If you read it in context with the prior comment that he was responding to, it will make more sense.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire