ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Monique Yingling up to bat

Discussion in 'Gold Base, Freewinds, and FLAG' started by PTSPal, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

She's not the public face of Scientology. She represents it's legal interests. I suspect that there are thousands of attorneys who are very envious of her having such a lucrative job.

2. mawena

mawena Patron with Honors

What I meant by calling here the "public" face is that her and Pouw seem to be the only ones that speak on behalf of the church anymore. And I can't recall the last time Pouw was seen in public.

3. Smurf

That's her job, sweetie. :biggrin:

4. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

Monique Yingling acts as *cherch* PR on Anderson' Cooper's series "A History of Violence"

She is a Tax Lawyer but shifts gears to act as David Miscavige spokesman as they have no Spokesman.

For a cool $2 million a year, she does defend the crime wave. She defends the beatings, she claims assualt and battery with no reports to Riverside police was an "internal matter" Handled
    internally.

Start at 5:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFHsrKyWET0

5. mawena

mawena Patron with Honors

Yes I get it but what I don't get is how a wog could be so thoroughly brainwashed.

If what you're telling me is it's just about the money why aren't there a dozen lawyers doing it? Why just her?

6. Smurf

They probably asked her, too. :)

7. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Given the problem with defections in upper management, it makes a lot of sense to shift sensitive work over to the private sector to cut church staff out of the loop, establish plausible deniability and attorney client privilege. If your spokesperson isn't acting in the capacity of legal council then all email, texts, notes, etc. can be subpoenaed.

8. FreakTha

FreakTha Patron

I do not understand why church of scientology is so afraid of being checked connected to their tax exempt status now. If everything was so OK with getting that, then they do not have anything to be worried about regarding that, if IRS now would check that again with the new IRS Golden Age of Tax Status checking Tech. :))) (maybe IRS standard tech was corrupted by some SPs in 1993, who knows...:)))

9. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Orders from David Miscavige?
    I remember how that turned out for Tommy Davis...and others :)

10. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

I think that the BEST reason they use a lawyer as a spokesperson is that she is bound FOREVER with client attorney confidentiality. She can NEVER turn on them in a very legal sense. Rinder and Rathburn don't have the same LEGAL DUTY.

If they were smart they should only talk through attorneys from here on out. It is the only way that people won't expose them years down the line.

she is not being brainwashed. She can represent them in the same way that a mass murderer, or a cooperation like Monsanto has legal counsel.

What an attorney personally believes is irrelevant. They are there only to represent their client, to give them full access to the law. It is as if they are putting their brain and their knowledge in the head of the client. That is their job. They are not judges.

The reason everyone can get counsel is so that we all have the same access to legal knowledge and equal protection under the law. You can't just take away their tax exempt status because we say that we know the truth of the situation. You have to have due process: Which is the legal requirement that the state /country must respect all legal rights that are owed to a person.

Scientology has no internal due process with its members, it is a dictatorship

Personally I would rather let Scientology go free than to take away my due process. If we started to take away due process then we would soon have a police state that is much worse than Scientology.

They may eventually lose their tax exempt status , and I hope they do, but it will be a long slow process.

11. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

I'd agree that there's something really odd about her. Maybe lots of lawyers would love that account but she definitely comes off like she's been zapped by Elrons voodoo ray. Perhaps she met zie Dwarfin Maggot at the waste? Who knows but something's not right about her.

12. West Grinsted

West Grinsted Patron

13. TheOriginalBigBlue

If I were the head of a corporation with absolute uncontested authority or oversight and I was concerned that even my closest people could some day rat me out for crimes - I would absolutely move all my sensitive operations under the umbrella of attorney client privilege. The church's only salvation is to embrace a reformation, come clean and face justice. If this were a poker game I'd say David has tipped his hand.

14. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Which explains perfectly, why people like Monique Yingling and Bert Fields are the least credible, ​of all possible people. They are not witnesses, they are merely PAID advocates, adept at obfuscation, mis-direction, and prevarication. They are a last line of defense.

15. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

Late to the thread, but since LATimes only give 10 free articles a month...

Edit to add: Some things are worth paying for..her words are not.. LATimes and all newspaper publications should use better marketing skills and make letters to the editor free.

Scientology deserves its tax exemption
    To the editor: Alex Gibney appears trapped in his own prison of bias when he wrongly asserts that the Church of Scientology did not deserve IRS recognition of its tax-exempt status in 1993. The truth is the Church underwent the most exhaustive IRS scrutiny of any applicant in history to be recognized. ("'Going Clear' filmmaker: Scientology abuses its tax-exempt status," op-ed, April 11)
    As the church's longtime outside tax counsel, I am familiar with everything that transpired during the administrative proceedings that led to the 1993 IRS settlement; Gibney has no clue. Not only does the church reject Gibney's revisionist history, but so did the IRS officials involved in the proceedings. Gibney conveniently omits that the IRS issued a statement reaffirming church recognition when this myth first arose. All this information was provided to and ignored by Gibney.
    Gibney pretends ignorance of the unprecedented public record, comprising 14 feet, in which the IRS recognized the church as exempt. The church not only answered every question the IRS put to it, but IRS officials also made on-site inspections of its records and facilities. I offered to walk Gibney through these materials, but he stonewalled me.
    Gibney's commentary regarding church finances is just plain false. Church funds are dedicated to promulgation of the faith and supporting global humanitarian initiatives for the benefit of people of all faiths. Not one iota of the church's actual activities is reflected in Gibney's one-sided piece.
    It is unfortunate that the church has to defend itself from scurrilous attacks like Gibney's. Like any other nonprofit, however, it has a right to respond through public discourse and has done so with a website and videos. Gibney's complaint that the church has the audacity to defend itself against his attacks by exercising its own rights to freedom of speech and religion is decidedly un-American.
    Monique E. Yingling, Washington
    Follow the Opinion section on Twitter @latimesopinion and Facebook
    Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  16. MissWog

And by the way.. Fuck you Los Angeles Times!
    image.jpg

Let us all do one another a favor going forward.. Copy/paste LATimes articles in the OP if they are Scientology related.

Just to get that screen grab on my iPad, I used 4 of my 10 LOL

17. FlunkYou

FlunkYou Patron with Honors

She was there, man. Just her saying it should be proof enough (sorta like some rot toofed blowhard who skippered a boat).

18. TheOriginalBigBlue

I'm going to take the contrarian view here. I think this is a shoot yourself in the foot moment. If a survey were taken, how many people on the streets of LA who had any idea of what Scientology was, would support their tax-exempt status? I'm guessing not many, and fewer still if they thought it would get rid of that sign and the blue paint. This only calls attention to the controversy and that is exactly what is needed right now. I have very little respect for The Los Angeles Times as a rag, but they are a desperate buggy whip industry and in this case their feeding on drama does not favor the COS. The Church's best move, aside from being reborn, is to try to cruise under the radar and let this blow over.

Attorneys are not good spokespeople. We all know they skillfully parse the truth to protect the guilty.

This is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7U8Q6qCZsY

19. MissWog

Well, people don't pay for "shoot yourself in the foot moments" unless you are A-list..and in those cases Gawker & Buzzfeed don't charge a pay wall.

We agree OBB! I am sorry if I was not as well written as I like to be :eyeroll:

Letters to the Editor should be free.. Pay the conglomerate to see the article that elicited the letter.

20. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

"Gibney pretends ignorance of the unprecedented public record, comprising 14 feet, in which the IRS recognized the church as exempt."

For a non-sci, Yingling sure has been hit hard by shermanspeak disease.

Comprising 14 feet? Wtf? Horizontal? Vertical? Printed on corrugated cardboard in 48pt comic sans bold?

Unprecedented public record? Unprecedented compared to what? WW2 public records? OJ Simpson trial records?

I can understand Pouw putting her name on Miscavige's rants. I don't believe she has a choice, but if she did, herbelief in Sci, the tech, enemies etc, make it understandable. Yingling sold her signature for dollars. So what? She is doing her job. But if she is such a respected senior adviser to the church, why would she let such drivel be released in her name?
    I'm not even an armchair lawyer and I could do better to portray the cult in a better light. Lol.
    "The IRS granted Sci tax exempt status after a thorough review. My offer to go through the documentation with Gibney was refused."

It makes me wonder if Yingling is as trapped as Pouw. She knows what happens to people who oppose the runt. How many PI 's watch her and her family? What "hole" awaits her? So much for senior legal advisor if it that means is signing at the bottom of a page.
    I can't say I care about her situation. She made her bed of dirty millions, I hope it is uncomfortable.