ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Monique Yingling up to bat

Discussion in 'Gold Base, Freewinds, and FLAG' started by PTSPal, Apr 27, 2015.

1. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, sorry, I kind of blew over the pay wall thing. Curiously enough, I used to work in a newspaper plant and still take a cursory interest in related news. The print industry is doomed and the on-line model is a bust - can't compete with free stuff. I used to spend thousands on print ads on an ongoing basis but not a cent since Craigslist and that's just me. We should all be wary of any regulation that adds taxation or regulation to the internet. Large industries have the resources to deal with these kinds of burdens and often actually lobby in favor of them to take out the little guy. It seems counter intuitive but it results in industry consolidation. I guess my sub-text was that the LA Times doesn't care about the story content. They need revenues and controversy pays the bills so expect them to play up the Scientology thing from both sides. None of this favors COS.

2. Techless

Techless Patron Meritorious

yes, and the fact that most every news/media outlet now has some 'lawyer' there in this/that panel just to add some bs credence, whether false or not.

As everyone is sue happy here in the states, these days (or just scared shit of not understanding the mafia law which openly exists here now - and wanting to avoid the nightmare at all costs) I think the lawyer angle is added as just some attempt to make people think "this is serious" -and which it can be if you're not sure of it all...and who is? Laws are pretty incomprehensible these days overall. Common sense sure as hell doesn't come into play. Really though, can anyone afford one anyways? And God bless ya if lawyer and judge are buddies...

Most days legal cases taken on by the 'regular lawyer type folk' are working with incomes that are only slightly higher than what a plaintiff or defendant may be able to cough of if case is won. - even with winnings.
    It's a huge premise is all. And what lawyer might you know that couldn't fake a scn stare for a few minutes with what their salary may be? I could do in a seconds notice...but am neither.

Mon Yingling probably couldn't do really diddly if she had actual facts...what a concept in law - eh?

Sorry, just rant here. have had completely messed up experiences with more than a few of them buggers in last few years... Hope not too off topic?!?