What's new

Montreal Church of Scientology in financial difficulty

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Criminal forensic accountants are going to have some fun with this....Wonder how it goes? FBO for more>Flag/Int Management ou for over priced services>>Plus additional channel to Int Landlord>>both preceding into Sea Org Reserves with a portion siphoned off into John Lobb shoes and Italian and Russian mob scientology 'parishioners'of the WISE variety>>suitcases of Tom Cruise brand filled with a little extra paper and flown in private jets like DC-8s or whatever John Travolta pilots. Nahhh, I a totally certain I made every little bit of that up so as to divert the forensics. Truly fiction, and not a TR-L. Now I know why PC folders are shipped private courier.:eyeroll:

Perhaps this is part of the end-game. Taxing authorities demand sale of the real-estate.

I this case $3.4 million less maybe 150,000 in tax liabilities leaves 3.25mil of extorted cash going into the coffers of maybe the IAS? Dave will play hard done by.

Nice money laundering when you can get it.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Perhaps this is part of the end-game. Taxing authorities demand sale of the real-estate.

I this case $3.4 million less maybe 150,000 in tax liabilities leaves 3.25mil of extorted cash going into the coffers of maybe the IAS? Dave will play hard done by.

Nice money laundering when you can get it.

Yes, I think you've spotted the money-laundering scheme.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Church of Scientology building in Montreal at risk of being seized by City

CBC: Church of Scientology building in Montreal at risk of being seized by City

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/church-of-scientology-building-seizure-1.3550004

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Church owes about $90,000 in back taxes, Radio-Canada report uncovers

CBC News Posted: Apr 22, 2016 9:15 PM ET Last Updated: Apr 22, 2016 9:15 PM ET

The Church of Scientology could have its Montreal building seized and sold by the city.

Radio-Canada has discovered that the Church owes about $90,000 in back taxes.

The church has owned the La Patrie building, which is a historic building on Ste-Catherine Street in downtown Montreal's Latin Quarter, since 2007.

The building, which was built in 1905 to house the newspaper La Patrie, is now abandoned. Church members had plans to renovate it, but no work has been carried out yet.

Last week, city officials sent the Church of Scientology a legal notice requesting it pay off debts from 2015 totalling $39,855. According to city spokesman,Gonzalo Nunez, if the amount is not paid off in the next few months, the building will be sold at auction in November.

The Church has paid $14,000 since receiving the notice.

According to municipal documents obtained by Radio-Canada, the Church of Scientology has not paid this year's property taxes either – $62,350 was due March 1.

That means that the Church owes just more than $88,000 to the City of Montreal.

In June, another bill of about $60,000 will be due.

Given that the building, evaluated at 3.4 million, is vacant, the organization cannot benefit from tax exemptions reserved for places of worship, such as churches and mosques.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
OMG
again! :nervous:

A lot of calling tonight -
A special event with new theta release to be held tomorrow ????

Samiches and beverages free!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Why Scientology’s inability to pay its tax bill in Montreal is not a sign that it’s struggling.

Tony Ortega: Why Scientology’s inability to pay its tax bill in Montreal is not a sign that it’s struggling

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/23/wh...n-montreal-is-not-a-sign-that-its-struggling/

* * * * * BEGIN LAST CONCLUSION * * * * *

If you didn’t know more about Scientology, you might think that its inability to pay an $80,000 tax bill in Montreal might be a sign that the organization is on the ropes.

But remember, the Ideal Org program is just a public relations project, and even though Scientology is dwindling and losing members fast, it’s still sitting on a mountain of cash.

We asked former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder this question: Miscavige can easily write a check to make the problem go away. So why doesn’t he?

His answer: “He will. It just has to be very desperate before that happens and some heads have to roll first.”

* * * * * END CONCLUSION * * * * *

Some comments:

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/23/wh...-sign-that-its-struggling/#comment-2638587815

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

"We asked former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder this question: Miscavige can easily write a check to make the problem go away. So why doesn’t he?

His answer: “He will. It just has to be very desperate before that happens and some heads have to roll first.”"

They will also try and make the public pay before resorting to paying it themselves. Happened here in the 90's. Public were contacted and told that the church was being attacked and threatened with a huge tax bill. We were asked to donate money or go in and pay for services ASAP so that the church could handle this "threat".

I fell for it, but that was long before the days of crush regging for donations. People are a tad more jaded now about the constant emergencies.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/23/wh...-sign-that-its-struggling/#comment-2638599989

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Pete Griffiths Draco • 3 hours ago

They also have this 'ingenious' Hubbard date line paying system which he says will ensure your good credit rating but in reality does not. Simply you pay ALL bills up to a certain date. So if you have the funds to pay all your bills up to last December that's what you do and ignore anything after that date. When you have more funds you bring your date line forward and pay more until in theory you end up in the present with all bills paid. I never, ever saw it work. Usually the date line is pushed back and back into the realms of imminent insolvency! All orgs and missions operate using this system.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
They also have this 'ingenious' Hubbard date line paying system which he says will ensure your good credit rating but in reality does not. Simply you pay ALL bills up to a certain date. So if you have the funds to pay all your bills up to last December that's what you do and ignore anything after that date. When you have more funds you bring your date line forward and pay more until in theory you end up in the present with all bills paid. I never, ever saw it work. Usually the date line is pushed back and back into the realms of imminent insolvency! All orgs and missions operate using this system.

In my experience, one thing which kept orgs insolvent was the insane approach to bulk mail. Instead of bulk mail being restricted to just the monthly org mag, they would send out all sorts of fliers on a weekly basis. I once accumulated a week's work of bulk mail from all sources, and it was dozens of items. Between cost of postage and cost of printing the promo, this must have been several dollars per week, just for me. Now multiply by all the public in the org's address list. Plus most of the addresses were no good (person moved away, etc).

Anybody here who spent time on finance lines have a feel for how much of the weekly gross income was pissed away on promo?

phenomanon

Canyon
OMG
again! :nervous:

A lot of calling tonight -
A special event with new theta release to be held tomorrow ????

Samiches and beverages free!

Are you the same Lotus who posted here and had little English?
LOL
You have made spectacular progress, Babygirl.:clap::clap::clap:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Are you the same Lotus who posted here and had little English?
LOL
You have made spectacular progress, Babygirl.:clap::clap::clap:

:flirt: :batseyelashes:

:yes:

:bow:

:giggle:

I use mimetism :wink2:
(I now have a texan-LA-Aussie-brit accent... :nervous:)

It goes like this:

Howdy - Wadafuck you doing ??? Wanna come home , have a nice cup of tea & weet-bix ????
:biggrin:

Thank you sweetheart - it's nice to tell so! :flowers2: