What's new

More CCHR BS Blaming Psych Meds for Virginia Tech Shootings 4/20/07

Tigger

Patron Meritorious
Homeowners Associations > News > Articles > Psychiatric Pharmaceudical Industry Cover Up

Citizens Commission On Human Rights International

An Article Psychiatric Pharmaceudical Industry Cover Up

Cho Seung Hui is Potential 19th School Shooter Taking Violence-Inducing Psychiatric Drugs

April 20, 2007

By Citizens Commission On Human Rights International (View author info)
Los Angeles, California -

Cho Seung Hui is Potential 19th School Shooter Taking Violence-Inducing Psychiatric Drugs--While Pushing for Brave New World of Mandatory "Treatment"

While the families of the victims of the Virginia Tech (VT) massacre begin the process of grieving and recovery of their tragic loss and the nation searches for answers to yet another senseless school shooting, the psychiatric-pharmaceutical cartel is working at a frenzied pace, deflecting media and government attention away from the facts: Cho Seung Hui was reported to have been prescribed "depression" drugs. If so, Hui is the 19th school shooter reported to have been taking psychiatric drugs since 1988, when Prozac, the first in the new class of antidepressants linked to suicide and violent behavior hit the market.

(snip)

POST A COMMENT

Homeowners Association: Psychiatric Pharmaceudical Industry Cover Up

tarbaby

Patron with Honors
Hui is the 19th school shooter reported to have been taking psychiatric drugs since 1988, when Prozac, the first in the new class of antidepressants linked to suicide and violent behavior hit the market.

Here's another PR half-truth. He was prescribed antidepressants. However there's been no confirmation he ever took any.

Dennis

Kilia

Patron with Honors
Wonder if their going to do a autopsy to find out if he had drugs in his system.

tarbaby

Patron with Honors
....but this wasn't a homicide, it was a suicide?

I'm no expert on this but even if his killing was at his own hand, I believe most states require an autopsy for suicide too. Someone who knows better can correct that statement.

Dennis

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I'm no expert on this but even if his killing was at his own hand, I believe most states require an autopsy for suicide too. Someone who knows better can correct that statement.

Dennis

It's certainly a homicide, although it's unlikely he'll be prosecuted :)

But, although there has been little info forthcoming yet, I suspect he was diagnosed with something far closer to schizophrenia than depression (and, they're not the same thing at all.)

Nor are the drugs used in treatment the same.

Zinj

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
They did say that they were going to do an autopsy on him, but the results will take two weeks to get. I think they are checking for drugs in his system.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
They ought to do an autopsy on his life!

He was a foster child.

Maybe he wouldn't have been on meds if he had had a decent time growing up.

The Church should bring child neglect up as the true issue.

But I guess that wouldn't be appropriate?

Or serve thier purposes?

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I participate in another forum where details on this unfolded virtually in real time (certainly faster than we were getting them through mainstream media).

It occurred to me at the time that if 'phsychiatry' was to blame, it was a failure to recognise any potential danger. As he had already been 'treated' and under observation, why was he able to obtain a firearm?

Whether or not he ingested the medication prescribed is, at least as far as I am concerned, not the likely cause of his behavior, but the underlying depression or schizophrenia is far more likely--a pity that he was not handled properly, but then that's the nature of U$ health care, isn't it?

oudeis

Patron
I participate in another forum where details on this unfolded virtually in real time (certainly faster than we were getting them through mainstream media).

It occurred to me at the time that if 'phsychiatry' was to blame, it was a failure to recognise any potential danger. As he had already been 'treated' and under observation, why was he able to obtain a firearm?

Whether or not he ingested the medication prescribed is, at least as far as I am concerned, not the likely cause of his behavior, but the underlying depression or schizophrenia is far more likely--a pity that he was not handled properly, but then that's the nature of U$ health care, isn't it?

It's easy to get a firearm. Harris and Klebold, the Columbine school shooters, bought theirs illegally out of a guy's car trunk. I don't know if it's relevant, but one of the Columbine killers was taking Luvox for obsessive-compulsive disorder.
If you could prevent school bullying, maybe you could prevent school shootings. The common denominator of the shooters may not be psych drugs, but feeling menaced and hopeless and full of rage.

It is possible to drive people crazy by tormenting them...

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
For a long time I thought that maybe the mass murderers/shooters who were said to have taken psychiatric meds esp SSRIs - that it was more that the underlying psychosis that LED them to take the meds was the underlying reason.

But, I did hear that some drug companies are admitting or stating in some way that sometimes taking some of these meds can be linked to suicide, etc.

My guess is that it's different reasons for different people.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
For a long time I thought that maybe the mass murderers/shooters who were said to have taken psychiatric meds esp SSRIs - that it was more that the underlying psychosis that LED them to take the meds was the underlying reason.

But, I did hear that some drug companies are admitting or stating in some way that sometimes taking some of these meds can be linked to suicide, etc.

My guess is that it's different reasons for different people.

Your comment does hit on the CCHR cry that the drugs aren't solving the underlying problem. If you pump someone full of antidepressants, it doesn't guarantee that the cause of the depression will go away, nor does it necessarily give the patient the ability to handle the problem any better.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
And physicians are telling people that, too. I had a coworker who was prescribed some Prozac, I think it was, and the doctor told her he thought she shd only be on it a while and that she should find out what her underlying issues were through therapy.

Scn'ists omit stuff like this. There are pill pushing Dr Feelgoods out there but less (IMO) than CofS members are told.

I wonder, though, if it really is a side effect that an SSRI could trigger homicidal rages/killing sprees and/or suicide or if it's as you say and as I thought earlier, more a case where the meds do not address the underlying cause.

I think in general it's better to do anything without meds but I firmly believe that if ya need 'em, ya need 'em.

Maybe for just a little while,maybe forever.

I like auditing but I do not believe it solves everything and I believe there's a place for other methods and treatments. Also, not everybody wants to be a Scn'ist and get auditing (duh, no shit, Fluffy)...

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Fluffy, I have seen other people on SSRIs who are definitely "disconnected" from the reality around them. Whether or not that disconnectedness is a result of the SSRI or merely indicative of the types of people that are likely to be put on this medication I don't really know, but there is definitely a link between this type of person and this type of behavior.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
In one case that was reported to me:
The guy was okay as long as he was on his meds regimen. When he stopped taking his meds he became violent.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
In one case that was reported to me:
The guy was okay as long as he was on his meds regimen. When he stopped taking his meds he became violent.

Unfortunately I shared house with a person like that (well I shared with his mother actually, but she was never able to get him out of her life). He was consistently violent and dangerous--of course, alcohol always turned him into a one-man holocaust.

He was on a variety of drugs to try and control his behavior. One day he came by and was surprisingly human. He had been taking Vitamin B, but he stopped again because he believed it upset his sense of smell.

Don't know about you guys, but I would rather sanity and a dysfunctional nose myself.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hi, Royal Prince Xenu,

Excellent points...I really like your posts in general, the ones that I've read...

I am very very glad to be done with the mindset that all psychiatry, all psych meds, all psychology is evil.

It did not feel right even when I was in CofS, since I grew up w/ family friends who were "eeevil psychs".

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Hi, Royal Prince Xenu,

Excellent points...I really like your posts in general, the ones that I've read...
Flattery will get you everywhere with me. :cool:

I am very very glad to be done with the mindset that all psychiatry, all psych meds, all psychology is evil.
Since leaving, I have had reason to see four different psychiatrists, and even though my opinion is colored by my $cn experience, none of them has proven to be anything different. :(

It did not feel right even when I was in CofS, since I grew up w/ family friends who were "eeevil psychs".
A normal GP properly diagnosed my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I responded well to Alprazolem (an old fashioned anti-depressant) which had some very strange side effects: (this is a very short version of the list)
- Hair growth;
- Adult-Onset Puberty (I sort of missed it when it was supposed to happen);
- Improved eyesight;
- Reduced pain;
- Weight loss;
- Improved sleep;
- More energy.
Now, of course, you can see how life-threatening these side effects are and why no one would ever countenance the use of this extremely dangerous drug. :sarcasm:

I was again compelled to see a psych in the last couple of weeks and he dared to suggest that I go mow the lawn!!! Talk about out-reality...

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Flattery will get you everywhere with me. :cool:

Since leaving, I have had reason to see four different psychiatrists, and even though my opinion is colored by my $cn experience, none of them has proven to be anything different. :(

A normal GP properly diagnosed my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I responded well to Alprazolem (an old fashioned anti-depressant) which had some very strange side effects: (this is a very short version of the list)
- Hair growth;
- Adult-Onset Puberty (I sort of missed it when it was supposed to happen);
- Improved eyesight;
- Reduced pain;
- Weight loss;
- Improved sleep;
- More energy.
Now, of course, you can see how life-threatening these side effects are and why no one would ever countenance the use of this extremely dangerous drug. :sarcasm:

I was again compelled to see a psych in the last couple of weeks and he dared to suggest that I go mow the lawn!!! Talk about out-reality...

Hmm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alprazolam

Is this something different?

Zinj