What's new

More public servants could join detox regimen

freethinker

Sponsor
There is residual dust on those bags and it does permeate the skin. Whether that is enough to cause health problems is probably debatable. And, as you insinuate, it is quite possible that those cops do more than handle the meth. if not ingesting it, crooked cops may confiscate, cut and re-sell the product. It is not unheard of.

I personally got very little benefit out of doing the purif and was on the minimum 21/2 hours a day. But I think to spend up to seven hours a day in a sauna for more than a few days in a row would or could cause health problems.

There is no scientific study done that shows the program does any good at all. Taking vitamins without the program would probably make most feel better IMO.

What kind of BS is this? If policemen use meth they should get kicked out out of their jobs. Or what does "exposed to" mean? They held a little plastic bag full of meth in their hand? How ridiculous.

How's your liver?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
There is residual dust on those bags and it does permeate the skin. Whether that is enough to cause health problems is probably debatable. And, as you insinuate, it is quite possible that those cops do more than handle the meth. if not ingesting it, crooked cops may confiscate, cut and re-sell the product. It is not unheard of.

I personally got very little benefit out of doing the purif and was on the minimum 21/2 hours a day. But I think to spend up to seven hours a day in a sauna for more than a few days in a row would or could cause health problems.

There is no scientific study done that shows the program does any good at all. Taking vitamins without the program would probably make most feel better IMO.
I found it incredibly boring and got nothing much out of it either.

byte301

Crusader
Adipose? You mean these Adiposes?

adipose.jpg

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Byte! you mean that that hilarious typo which I didn't even see (Thanks, Smilla, for spotting that), was just a FREUDIAN typo? Now that's what I call funny. :lol: :hysterical: :roflmao:

:thankyou:, gals.

byte301

Crusader
Byte! you mean that that hilarious typo which I didn't even see (Thanks, Smilla, for spotting that), was just a FREUDIAN typo? Now that's what I call funny. :lol: :hysterical: :roflmao:

:thankyou:, gals.

Yes, it's all very deep and convoluted. Did I spell convoluted right? I am so confused.

Maybe I need a purif to clear my mind? :confused2:

Nah, on second thought I think I'd rather smoke some peyote or something.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Well, I don't know much about other countries, but where I live, policemen, emergency teams etc. are required to wear protective gear, when in danger of contamination - you know, rubber gloves, breath protection, all that jazz. So to get absorbed through the skin, that stuff would have to go through the clothes. So yes, the effect of residual dust is indeed debatable. :yes:

Re: scientific studies: In the ones I've seen NarCONon has always been an underperformer, so I think humanity would be better off without them.

Last edited:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Yes, it's all very deep and convoluted. Did I spell convoluted right? I am so confused.

Maybe I need a purif to clear my mind? :confused2:

Nah, on second thought I think I'd rather smoke some peyote or something.

You ask ME about English spellling? When I'm able to use my meager little vocabulary without creating a huge mess, I'll die as a happy man. Good thing that Emma is too busy to read my Edit history and nobody else can access it. :coolwink:

Now about that peyote.... ummm.... care to share?

Atalantan

Patron with Honors
For sure, MN. Fraudian slip there maybe?

I did the purif for 45 LONG days when it first came out in all the orgs.

It did NOTHING for me. I repeat...It did NOTHING for me.

It took up a lot of time and energy...oh, and money. That's it. I didn't feel cleaner or brighter or more aware. The only thing I felt was what a total waste of time the purif was.

I had to make up a cognition to get off the stupid thing.

If you got some fantastic wins from it then good for you. You'd probably also get fantastic wins from a placebo as long as elron said you would.

And just because SOME people have some wins doesn't mean it should be marketed as effective. There are scientific studies that say the opposite. Google Second Chance if you don't believe me.

I did the Purif for about 20 days 5 hours a day in the sauna after taking the nutritional supplements + some live veggies then jogging for 20 minutes.

It did SOMETHING for me. I repeat...It did SOMETHING for me.

It was not "marketed" to me. I had been looking for information about LSD and other psychedelic drugs and how to deal with the consequences of having taken them.

I chose to do the program - perhaps that is the difference. I needed it, and perhaps you did not. If you didn't benefit, did you ask for a refund? Maybe it's not too late.

I have met others of my generation who benefited from it too.

Very nice blanket dismissal of me in your closing sentence (parting shot?) there.

I am SO impressed (NOT) with the critics who feel their negative experience is universally applicable to all, and then patronize others who don't share their sentiments.

It tends to make me feel that this kind of critic is actually as stupid as s/he seems to think others are. So far that's all you've convinced me of. What makes you think your experience is any more valid than mine?

Are you sincerely interested in bringing people out of the Co$? The way you talk won't do it, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

pittny12

Patron with Honors
From the Salt Lake Times

"It just so happens Doctor Hubbard is the one who launched this medical procedure," Tidrow said.

So let me get this right. Outside of Hubbard being a maniac and also the founder of the cult of bullshit and xneu, he also had time to become an accredited doctor. WOW:duh:

Mystic

Crusader
Anything, that is ANYTHING, which touches on or comes from the Hubbard thing is by default laced with intent to entrap. Of course there are a few pieces of Hubbard schidt which "work", for a while. Is just bait on a hook.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I did the Purif for about 20 days 5 hours a day in the sauna after taking the nutritional supplements + some live veggies then jogging for 20 minutes.

It was not "marketed" to me. I had been looking for information about LSD and other psychedelic drugs and how to deal with the consequences of having taken them.

I chose to do the program - perhaps that is the difference. I needed it, and perhaps you did not. If you didn't benefit, did you ask for a refund? Maybe it's not too late.

Very nice blanket dismissal of me in your closing sentence (parting shot?) there.

I am SO impressed (NOT) with the critics who feel their negative experience is universally applicable to all, and then patronize others who don't share their sentiments.

It tends to make me feel that this kind of critic is actually as stupid as s/he seems to think others are. So far that's all you've convinced me of. What makes you think your experience is any more valid than mine?

Are you sincerely interested in bringing people out of the Co$? The way you talk won't do it, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

I wrote up a true story today, which you can find here. Is is not related to NarCONon, the Purif or the cult. Maybe it helps you understand where I and possibly a few others here are coming from.

byte301

Crusader

Well THIS stupid critic thinks that if there is no scientific study proving the purif is beneficial AND found nothing beneficial about it personally then it most likely isn't beneficial.

No, I never dropped any acid or did any hard drugs. I was hard regged for the purif anyway because of all that nasty radiation I got from being around light bulbs and such and for novacaine I'd had during dental work. I knew a person who'd never done ANY drugs including booze but was hard regged to do the purif. He was 18. Now how could he have any toxins in his body at such a young age with NO drug history? Yet he was basically forced to do the purif in order to continue up the bridge.

If you've read any stories here at all then you'd know that a lot of people got no benefit from the purif and may have damaged their bodies.

I stand by my statement that you would probably have had wins from a placebo. Many of us had those types of wins from different scientology processes, It wasn't meant as an insult It's just a fact.

No I didn't ask for a refund. It was decades ago and besides if I had asked for one I would have been declared. Because of the way scientology works I thought there was something wrong with me for not getting any wins from it. I thought that for years until I got on the internet and found the truth about the cult.

The point I'm trying to make is that the purif should not be recommended. It is dangerous. There is no scientific or medical data supporting any benefit from doing the purif. If you got something out of it and suffered no negative results you are lucky. Others weren't so lucky.

Atalantan

Patron with Honors
Well THIS stupid critic thinks that if there is no scientific study proving the purif is beneficial AND found nothing beneficial about it personally then it most likely isn't beneficial.

No, I never dropped any acid or did any hard drugs. I was hard regged for the purif anyway because of all that nasty radiation I got from being around light bulbs and such and for novacaine I'd had during dental work. I knew a person who'd never done ANY drugs including booze but was hard regged to do the purif. He was 18. Now how could he have any toxins in his body at such a young age with NO drug history? Yet he was basically forced to do the purif in order to continue up the bridge.

If you've read any stories here at all then you'd know that a lot of people got no benefit from the purif and may have damaged their bodies.

I stand by my statement that you would probably have had wins from a placebo. Many of us had those types of wins from different scientology processes, It wasn't meant as an insult It's just a fact.

No I didn't ask for a refund. It was decades ago and besides if I had asked for one I would have been declared. Because of the way scientology works I thought there was something wrong with me for not getting any wins from it. I thought that for years until I got on the internet and found the truth about the cult.

The point I'm trying to make is that the purif should not be recommended. It is dangerous. There is no scientific or medical data supporting any benefit from doing the purif. If you got something out of it and suffered no negative results you are lucky. Others weren't so lucky.

Thanks for the explanation, your postion makes a little more sense to me now. Here's my rather large reservation:

If you are raising the spectre of "science" here, you would need to apply to yourself as well. Here's exactly what I mean:

1. Since 1980 or so , when it was released, how many people have done the Purif?

2. Of that total number, how many feel they got some benefit from it?

3. How many feel they were harmed by it? 3a. Of these, how many have been tested and shown to have any organic damage that could even POSSIBLY have been caused by the Purif?

Let's narrow the universe a bit: How many people just on this board, have any actual, demonstrable physical damage caused by the Purif? Shouldn't be too hard to actually count these posters.

If, as you say, staff were required to do thePurif, and public were also reged for it, there are an awful lot of people who have done it.

The place to start, in studying the actual effects, would be to contact and gather data from all these folks.

I am not arguing it may have been oversold. I will question, until there is some data as above, blanket claims that "it is dangerous".

Here's why: Many medical procedures are "dangerous". Thus Western medicine has the concept of "acceptable risk".

My healthy 35 year old daughter died of a stroke a coupleofyears ago, possibly because she was given a commonly administered "clot buster" medication.

It turns out that about 50% of Emergency Room physicians refuse to give this drug to stroke victims, because it actually kills about 6.5% of them. It does nothing for some large percentage, and helps some large percentage.

So many physicians feel the 6.5% death rate from it's administration is too high. It is not an "acceptable risk" to them.

Personally, I doubt that any actual ill effects from the Purif total 6.5%, much less any mortality at all. I could be wrong. But be careful what you wish for. If studies eventually show the Purif benefits 50% of the people doing it,fails to do anything for 45%, and causes some kind of demonstrable physical damage to 5%, doctors may some day be recommending it in approprite circumstances.

In the meantime, why decry it's administration by government agencies to folks exposed to toxins?

Have you heard of "agent orange"? Soldiers who were exposed experienced life-long suffering as a result, and were placed on disablity. And we, through the government, paid for this.

That was an opportunity to test the Purif, and possibly help those soldiers, which was not taken. Why?

The worst that could happen, if civil servants were involved in a government sponsored program is that the scientific data you are crying for, would actually be gathered.

The Purif might actually be shown to be a waste of time. Or not. But a knee-jerk attitude of "It's bad because it's scientology" accomplishes what? The prevention of such studies being conducted?

I don't want to belabor this. I understand that you and others here have personal issues with the Co$, which I don't have, not having walked in your shoes. And I hope you get them sorted out.

But it is obvious that sometimes your personal issues cloud your judgement of actual situations.

And no ad hom of me as somehow not being able to tell the difference between physical results and placebo effects will change that.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
<snip>
1. Since 1980 or so , when it was released, how many people have done the Purif?

<snip>

Have you heard of "agent orange"? Soldiers who were exposed experienced life-long suffering as a result, and were placed on disablity. And we, through the government, paid for this.

That was an opportunity to test the Purif, and possibly help those soldiers, which was not taken. Why?

<snip>

from http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/
Agent Orange is the name given to a specific blend of herbicides used in Vietnam from 1961 to 1971 during the Vietnam conflict. The U.S. military sprayed millions of gallons of Agent Orange and other herbicides to remove leaves from trees that provided cover for enemy forces. Some Vietnam Veterans were exposed to these herbicides.

Meep! Parse error!

Do you really think the Purif could have any effect on people who have been exposed to Agent Orange more than a decade before it (the Purif) even existed? Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

EDIT
Oh, and you, through the government, payed for it, because you, through the government you elected, were responsible for the catastrophes in the first place.

Last edited:

Brunilda Otten

Hi, I appreciate about the topic "detox regimen". I have done research about it and I found out that the program related to it may cleanse the body from toxins. This could be the right regimen that will improve one’s body appearance and overall health. I recommend that you check this out.