What's new

Mosey sues cult for harrassment

pollywog

Patron with Honors
At the risk of sounding smug..."Told y'all so". :yes:

Here's a few of my posts re: Jeffrey, Texas Jurisprudence and Marty from last year and January '13...

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?30168-COS-sued-for-fraud&p=769248&viewfull=1#post769248

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ay-(IOB)-Texas&p=752218&viewfull=1#post752218

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...theta-Tsunamis&p=730464&viewfull=1#post730464

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...bie-Cook-Case)&p=667172&viewfull=1#post667172

"It's not revenge he's after...it's a reckoning." Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer), Tombstone.

Face:)

Smug is AWESOME!!! You own it, Face. You deserve it. :)

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mike: Pinocchio/Miscavige “Respond” to Lawsuit

Mike: Pinocchio/Miscavige “Respond” to Lawsuit
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/pinocchiomiscavige-respond-to-lawsuit/

Excerpt:
Miscavige marionette Karin Pinocchio Pouw has issued another patented ad hominem attack to the media as a “response’ to the lawsuit filed last Friday.

Quote from the Tampa Bay Times article:

Church spokeswoman Karin Pouw said Wednesday that the church had not been served with the lawsuit. But she added: “Based on your questions, the complaint filed in Texas is nothing more than a pathetic get-rich scheme cooked up by unemployed blogger Marty Rathbun, a self-admitted suborner of perjury who is now resorting to using his wife in an attempt to extort money from the church.”

And she is quoted at the end of the article with this:

Pouw, the church spokeswoman, said Rathbun has “shopped made-up tales and myths to virtually every media outlet” since he left the church in 2004. She said he is frustrated the church is flourishing, having opened 37 new churches worldwide in recent years.

Not only are these responses becoming predictably boring, they highlight a few other facts:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Here's a few of my posts re: Jeffrey, Texas Jurisprudence and Marty from last year and January '13...

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?30168-COS-sued-for-fraud&p=769248&viewfull=1#post769248

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ay-(IOB)-Texas&p=752218&viewfull=1#post752218

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...theta-Tsunamis&p=730464&viewfull=1#post730464

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...bie-Cook-Case)&p=667172&viewfull=1#post667172

"It's not revenge he's after...it's a reckoning." Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer), Tombstone.

I think the last piece of the puzzle was figuring out a way for Marty not to sue directly. Marty is a public figure, and that could make things difficult in a defamation suit. Mosey is not a public figure. So all these years of wondering why Marty didn't sue them or spill the beans - NOW it is all starting to make sense. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's been planning this death match for a while.

Moving to a rural property was an added touch of genius. Who knew that OSA would be stupid enough to try Bluebird Tech next door to him? I mean, we knew they're fucking nuts, but this just takes the cake. Really, the Fair Game tech makes this way too easy.

Anonycat

Crusader
They've moved on from bitter apostate to unemployed blogger.

What I don't understand is why Tony's site is the fringe of the internet and Marty's isn't? :confused2:

Tony's Underground Bunker gets more traffic than sci dot org.

TG1

Angelic Poster
A reckoning. Death match.

330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-eating-popcorn-theater-gif.gif

CommunicatorIC

New San Antonio Express-News article

New San Antonio Express-News article: Scientology lawsuit alleges surveillance and dirty tricks
http://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...-lawsuit-alleges-surveillance-and-4750263.php

Excerpt:
BULVERDE — Beginning in 2011, a defector from the top ranks of Scientology said he was followed, confronted and surveiled at his Gulf Coast apartment by a group of men and women who called themselves “Squirrel Busters” and sought to expose him as a heretic.Finally, Mark Rathbun and his wife, Monique, had enough and moved late last year to a secluded house north of San Antonio. Rathbun also distanced himself from church affairs, and for a while, it seemed their tormenters had called it quits.

But in July, after a camera was discovered hidden in the brush and aimed at their house, and when a strange personality who claimed to be a writer began appearing there as well, they realized no truce was possible.

“We came here for refuge and to disengage ourselves, and they followed us. They went to extraordinary efforts to pull this off,” said Mark Rathbun, 56, who once was ranked second to Scientology leader David Miscavage in the church hierarchy.

In response, Monique, 41, who's not a Scientologist, sued the church last week in Comal County, claiming she has been the target of a merciless campaign of surveillance, intimidation and dirty tricks.The lawsuit names the church, its leader Miscavage, and two other men whom Rathbun claims were acting as operatives for the church's Office of Special Affairs.

lost

Patron with Honors
I think the last piece of the puzzle was figuring out a way for Marty not to sue directly. Marty is a public figure, and that could make things difficult in a defamation suit. Mosey is not a public figure. So all these years of wondering why Marty didn't sue them or spill the beans - NOW it is all starting to make sense. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's been planning this death match for a while.

Moving to a rural property was an added touch of genius. Who knew that OSA would be stupid enough to try Bluebird Tech next door to him? I mean, we knew they're fucking nuts, but this just takes the cake. Really, the Fair Game tech makes this way too easy.
I wonder if martys slow reinvention of himself as 'Not a scientlogist' has been preparation for this. It has been
noted that mosey has never been a member of COS, and that this fact helps her case. Martys redefining himself as not a scientlogist adds emphasis to his wife being completely separate from the COS, and it is looking like she will be seen as someone who had 'nothing to do with scientlogy and yet was harrassed.....adding emphasis to the cults nasty deeds. If it is part of their plan it is likely not totally necessary, but could still add value to their strategy.
Remrmbering here that marty, not a scientologist, would have been proud of his most diehard ksw on the planet, not
long ago and mosey prbly called herself a scientologist too albeit not a COS scientlogist.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron

"Belgium's State Security Service is keeping an eye on the country's politicians and checking if they have contacts with organizations such as Scientology or the Muslim Brotherhood. Dozens of names are listed in a confidential report, according to an article published today in De Morgen."

I love the cult and the Muslim Brotherhood positioning tek! :roflmao:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Lots of lutz and info I've not previously heard over at the Underground Bunker.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/21/monique-rathbun-files-suit-against-scientology-over-harassment/

"Monique Rathbun has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Church of Scientology’s controlling entities and its leader David Miscavige for years of harassment she alleges have caused her serious harm since her husband, Mark “Marty” Rathbun, went public in 2009 with information about his life as a top executive in the church."

"On Friday, the Comal County, Texas district court granted Monique a temporary restraining order, calling on Scientology to stop following her and electronically surveilling her. A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday whether to convert the restraining order into a temporary injunction, but Monique’s attorney, Ray Jeffrey, tells us he thinks the matter will likely be delayed about two weeks."

"After four years of intense harassment, Monique is battling back, Jeffrey tells us, and they expect this to be a brutal fight."

Ray Jeffrey. This aught to be a good show.

The complaint filed with the court is posted over at the fringe of the internet. I'm going to go to Costco and pick up some popcorn now.

More interesting info:

"Jeffrey has previously litigated several cases against the church, and reportedly won large settlements for former church executive Debbie Cook and former church private eyes Paul Marrick and Greg Arnold, whom we profiled when they visited the Rathbuns at their Ingleside on the Bay home, near Corpus Christi, last September."

Really? We always suspected that Debbie was living large off the cult's nickel, and now Tony confirms it.

Great stuff, guys!

and re: the reckoning, here's what Ray Jeffrey says, quoted from Tony's article:

(Tony O.) We asked him what outcome they were aiming for in the lawsuit.

(Ray J.)“We want to get it to a jury, have a permanent injunction in place to leave them alone, and award them a large sum of money to make an example of Scientology and teach them that they can’t do this anymore,” he says. “Monique has never been a member of the Church of Scientology. She hasn’t been an ‘enemy’ of the church. It’s inexcusable that they would harass her mercilessly as they have.”

Bring it on - may it be a brutal battle and highly cited in the main press with the Scilon tactics and despicable nature on display for the entire country to see.

And oh - Scott Pilutek - before you dazzle us with another of your legal predictions, you have a large serving of crow to eat over your previous statements regarding Debbie Cook's case and the TomKat divorce. :biggrin:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm most disappointed with Davey's response to the lawsuit. How can I make fun of that cookie cutter response all of which has been dissected and mocked to death already? No fair. :no:

I was hoping to hear how the harassment is really the church ensuring the safety and well being of the wife of a beloved ex exec. That the squirrelbuster headcam team were really a bedbug extermination team making sure the Rathbuns don't get eaten alive by the new man-eating strain reported to be invading their area. That family interrogations, sex toys and flowers were a genuine attempt to assist Mosey improve her relationships across all dynamics.
Sigh. Guess I'll have to wait for the trial to enjoy the creative stuff.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ogy-and-its-leader-to-stop-harassment/2137671
Church spokeswoman Karin Pouw said Wednesday that the church had not been served with the suit. But she added: "Based on your questions, the complaint filed in Texas is nothing more than a pathetic get-rich scheme cooked up by unemployed blogger Marty Rathbun, a self-admitted suborner of perjury who is now resorting to using his wife in an attempt to extort money from the church."....<hefty snip>...Pouw, the church spokeswoman, said Rathbun has "shopped made-up tales and myths to virtually every media outlet" since he left the church in 2004. She said he is frustrated the church is flourishing, having opened 37 new churches worldwide in recent years.

Interesting that the response does not mention Mosey at all except as a pawn to Marty. That's good, keep watching Marty while Mosey eviscerates you.:yes:

Personally I would have no problem if she took a settlement with a personal gag order. She has no first hand damaging inside secrets to spill, although revelations by witnesses who have first hand inside experience could be incredibly lulzy.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
[/QUOTE]Miscavige marionette Karin Pinocchio Pouw has issued another patented ad hominem attack to the media as a “response’ to the lawsuit filed last Friday.

Quote from the Tampa Bay Times article:

Church spokeswoman Karin Pouw said Wednesday that the church had not been served with the lawsuit. But she added: “Based on your questions, the complaint filed in Texas is nothing more than a pathetic get-rich scheme cooked up by unemployed blogger Marty Rathbun, a self-admitted suborner of perjury who is now resorting to using his wife in an attempt to extort money from the church.”

And she is quoted at the end of the article with this:

Pouw, the church spokeswoman, said Rathbun has “shopped made-up tales and myths to virtually every media outlet” since he left the church in 2004. She said he is frustrated the church is flourishing, having opened 37 new churches worldwide in recent years.[/QUOTE]

Did they really mean recently or in the last 60 years. If you look at it in their terms of a billion years, the last 60 years is REALLY recent.......

CommunicatorIC

3rd San Antonio Express-News article

3rd San Antonio Express-News article. (Revised and expanded from prior article.)

Scientology's 'Squirrel Busters' prompt lawsuit
http://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...s-Squirrel-Busters-prompt-lawsuit-4750263.php

Excerpt:
BULVERDE — Beginning in 2011, a defector from the top ranks of Scientology said he was followed, confronted and surveiled at his Gulf Coast apartment by a group of men and women who called themselves “Squirrel Busters” and sought to expose him as a heretic.

Finally, Mark Rathbun and his wife, Monique, had enough and moved late last year to a secluded house north of San Antonio. Rathbun also distanced himself from church affairs, and for a while, it seemed their tormenters had called it quits.

But in July, after a Reconyx Hyperfire human security and surveillance camera was discovered hidden in the brush and aimed at their house, and when a strange personality who claimed to be a writer began appearing there as well, they realized no truce was possible.

“We came here for refuge and to disengage ourselves, and they followed us. They went to extraordinary efforts to pull this off,” said Mark Rathbun, 56, who once was ranked second to Scientology leader David Miscavage in the church hierarchy.

In response, Monique, 41, who's not a Scientologist, sued the church last week in Comal County, claiming she has been the target of a merciless campaign of surveillance, intimidation and dirty tricks.

The lawsuit names the church, its leader Miscavage, and two other men whom Rathbun claims were acting as operatives for the church's Office of Special Affairs.

The OSA, the suit claims, tries to “destroy anyone identified as an attacker of Scientology.”

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yup, Face! You got you some them thar predictive keystrokes thar!

Good show.

:thumbsup:

TG1

Smug is AWESOME!!! You own it, Face. You deserve it. :)

Priceless!

You nailed it! 10 gallon hats off to you. :thumbsup:

Y'all a very kind. :yes:

I'm a hit and miss prognosticator and not all that much prescient about a lot of stuff, but somethings I do know pretty dad gum well, like;

Scn's blind hubris

SO's inculcated hubris

DM's psychotic hubris

Texan ways of doing things

Texan rural mindset and values

Texan home grown Counselors of the Law

As I've said before, Texas is gonna be DM's personal San Jacinto and the "ransom" is already being paid in installments....big installments...painful installments. :coolwink:

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great stuff, guys!

and re: the reckoning, here's what Ray Jeffrey says, quoted from Tony's article:

(Tony O.) We asked him what outcome they were aiming for in the lawsuit.

(Ray J.)“We want to get it to a jury, have a permanent injunction in place to leave them alone, and award them a large sum of money to make an example of Scientology and teach them that they can’t do this anymore,” he says. “Monique has never been a member of the Church of Scientology. She hasn’t been an ‘enemy’ of the church. It’s inexcusable that they would harass her mercilessly as they have.”

Bring it on - may it be a brutal battle and highly cited in the main press with the Scilon tactics and despicable nature on display for the entire country to see.

And oh - Scott Pilutek - before you dazzle us with another of your legal predictions, you have a large serving of crow to eat over your previous statements regarding Debbie Cook's case and the TomKat divorce. :biggrin:

Jeffrey knows DM is terrified of being deposed and cross examined. Jeffrey also knows that one of the keys to unlocking DM's Strongbox in every Cause of Action he brings against the Scn Construct is the Venue, which is Ray's backyard.

Like I said before, San Antone and Central and South Texas ain't SoCal or LaLa Land. Scns Footprint in the Lone Star State is slight, weak and tainted. Texan Justice and Courts have a long history of handing out disastrous outcomes to "Furineers" and Texan Counselors of the Law have been busting up schemes "Furineer" Lawyers have helped put together for over a century.

Last edited:

elwood

Patron with Honors
Jeffrey knows DM is terrified of being deposed and cross examined. Jeffrey also knows that one of the keys to unlocking DM's Strongbox in every Cause of Action he brings against the Scn Construct is the Venue, which is Ray's backyard.

Like I said before, San Antone and Central and South Texas ain't SoCal or LaLa Land. Scns Footprint in the Lone Star State is slight, weak and tainted. Texan Justice and Courts have a long history of handing out disastrous outcomes to "Furineers" and Texan Counselors of the Law have been busting up schemes "Furineer" Lawyers have helped put together for over a century.

More specifically, Texans tend to be private people. They do not take kindly to the kind of crap the CoS has been pulling on Mosey, furineers or not. This is going to be very interesting.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
More specifically, Texans tend to be private people. They do not take kindly to the kind of crap the CoS has been pulling on Mosey, furineers or not. This is going to be very interesting.

QFT. :thumbsup:

This is definitely going to be interesting. Rural Texans are particularly protective of privacy and the right to own and enjoy their property and homestead unfettered. The fact that a LaLa Cult has been "stalking" a Texan from one property to the next is gonna really piss off any Jury assembled anywhere and Texas, especially a Rural Jury. :yes:

It's gonna cost DM a boatload of dough to get out of this one without being Deposed and going to Trial. :happydance:

Last edited:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid

And Texans especially don't take crap off of queer yankee militant midget shysters who have not got the cojones to come out of the costumes and shadows...yes I'm talking about the strange dwarf and his carpetbaggers. :biggrin:

Get out the tar and feathers...:omg:

Now, where's that rail...:thumbsup: