What's new

Mosey sues cult for harrassment

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
And thank you to TX Lawyer and Tikk for putting all of this into context.

If not for their input (and a number of other legally trained observers at the Bunker) I would just be wading through treacle.

tetloj

This from ScienceDoc

• Science Doc
    Every judicial panel operates according to its own wisdom, but I wonder if this one wasn’t holding off on a ruling on the CSI appeal until other anti SLAPP cases on the Supreme Court Docket were decided. No point in deciding a case at the Appealate level when you know there is a pertinent Supreme ruling on the immediate horizon. Now that both parties have briefed the court on the new rulings the Appeals panel can probably issue a ruling with confidence that it won’t quickly be reversed.

Terril park

Sponsor
And thank you to TX Lawyer and Tikk for putting all of this into context.

If not for their input (and a number of other legally trained observers at the Bunker) I would just be wading through treacle.

I'd be wading through treacle with even more MUs :(

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Per the TAMES online docket, TeamRathbun did not file a Reply to TeamCSI&Co's ridiculous Motion dated March 4, 2015.

What that means...

The Texas 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals (3-judge panel) is expected to issue its decision at any time in the days/weeks ahead.

Will this Appellate Panel agree with TeamCSI&Co that Judge Waldrip was wrong to deny their anti-SLAPP Motion to Dismiss? :no:

Or, will they instead rule that Judge Waldrip was legally correct in denying TeamCSI&Co's attempt to have Mrs. Rathbun's lawsuit dismissed forever? :biggrin:

FunFact: This Appellate Panel has had since September 2014 to consider all of the pleadings, filings, arguments, and (pointless) supplemental filings in this interlocutory appeal.

JB <---Wouldn't take me 6 months to write my Opinion. "Appeal denied. Y'all are liars. Leave this nice woman & her family alone, losers."

My COLOURING . I never thought I would say you JB have too much compassion. How about revisiting that opinion and inserting 'Liars/perjurors in my court get to change their prison bars from scientology induced bars to state institutional bars for the next 'eternity' . The brainwashed scientologist need to have their brains knocked off at any courtroom yards and put on a pike to match the level of their unscrupulous behaviour.

PS since it is too late to edit my previous post. Here is the corrected sentence.

There may well be a series of programs on a whole number of 'targets/opinion leaders'

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
An Excerpt

NEW BRAUNFELS — Despite the best efforts Wednesday during four hours of argument by his blue-chip local legal team, Scientology leader David Miscavige apparently will be coming to Texas for a deposition in a high-profile harassment case.

Miscavige is one of the defendants named in a suit filed last year by Monique Rathbun, a non-Scientologist, who claims she was subjected to a four-year campaign of dirty tricks, harassment and surveillance by the church.

She's married to Mark Rathbun, a former first lieutenant to Miscavige who left the church in 2004 and five years later began speaking out against it, triggering a swift response.

According to the lawsuit, the aggressive harassment by a bizarre church unit called the Squirrel Busters began in Ingleside on the Bay in 2009 and followed the Rathbuns when they moved to Comal County last year.

The suit claims Miscavige was behind the campaign, and as his lawyers made clear Wednesday in strenuous argument, he has emerged as the central figure in the fight.

mockingbird

“It's like trying to punch your way out of a paper bag,” he told the judge.

And Jeffrey ridiculed Jefferson's depiction of Miscavige as a high-minded religious figure, or comparisons to corporate leaders such as Michael Dell or Jack Welch, who should be protected from frivolous attempts to depose them.

“He literally beats people and imprisons them in the compound out in the desert,” he said, adding that it defies everything known about Miscavige to think he was not involved in the campaign against the Rathbun. Quote from article

This is scathing .

Lone Star

Crusader
This month marks the one year anniversary when the Texas Third District Court of Appeals heard the arguments regarding the CSI's appeal of Judge Dib Waldrip's decision regarding it's anti-SLAPP lawsuit against Mosey Rathbun. (Their counter suit against her).

One year and still no decision. A few months ago Tony O discussed this and TX Lawyer over there said that nine months with no decision is very unusual. Now it's twelve months with no indication of a decision coming anytime soon.

I personally think it's taking a long time for the three judge panel to render a decision because of the potential landmark case this is. The anti-SLAPP law in Texas is still new. When passed it was mostly based on California's version. Although a few decisions have already been made with the anti-SLAPP law, I think this case is the most important one because it involves a "church". Religion. The Big "R". In Texas this is indeed big still. Scientology may not be powerful, but other churches are in this State. When they speak the Powahs That Be pay attention.

Whatever decision is made on this appeal it will be precedent setting. I believe the judges know this and it weighs heavily on their thoughts. It will perhaps affect other churches in the future besides our "beloved cult".

That it is taking so long could be a good sign for Mosey in that they have either decided in her favor, or are leaning in that direction. I say this because if they agree with Mosey's side then they know the CSI is going to appeal to the State Supreme Court. And they know that the former Chief Justice of that court is representing CSI on this appeal. They want to make sure they have all of their "I's" dotted and "T's" crossed before publishing the decision so it will stand a better chance of surviving the Supreme appeal.

Or, it could be that one judge has decided one way, one judge has swung another way, and the third one is having a helluva time making up his mind. I'm just hoping they'll get it done before this month is up.

Gib

Crusader
This month marks the one year anniversary when the Texas Third District Court of Appeals heard the arguments regarding the CSI's appeal of Judge Dib Waldrip's decision regarding it's anti-SLAPP lawsuit against Mosey Rathbun. (Their counter suit against her).

One year and still no decision. A few months ago Tony O discussed this and TX Lawyer over there said that nine months with no decision is very unusual. Now it's twelve months with no indication of a decision coming anytime soon.

I personally think it's taking a long time for the three judge panel to render a decision because of the potential landmark case this is. The anti-SLAPP law in Texas is still new. When passed it was mostly based on California's version. Although a few decisions have already been made with the anti-SLAPP law, I think this case is the most important one because it involves a "church". Religion. The Big "R". In Texas this is indeed big still. Scientology may not be powerful, but other churches are in this State. When they speak the Powahs That Be pay attention.

Whatever decision is made on this appeal it will be precedent setting. I believe the judges know this and it weighs heavily on their thoughts. It will perhaps affect other churches in the future besides our "beloved cult".

That it is taking so long could be a good sign for Mosey in that they have either decided in her favor, or are leaning in that direction. I say this because if they agree with Mosey's side then they know the CSI is going to appeal to the State Supreme Court. And they know that the former Chief Justice of that court is representing CSI on this appeal. They want to make sure they have all of their "I's" dotted and "T's" crossed before publishing the decision so it will stand a better chance of surviving the Supreme appeal.

Or, it could be that one judge has decided one way, one judge has swung another way, and the third one is having a helluva time making up his mind. I'm just hoping they'll get it done before this month is up.

back in the day, back when the Wollershein case & the Portland lawsuit was happening, why the COS (DM) could rally up the troops (crowd) to protest around those court cases.

Interesting in that there are no rallying of the troops (crowd) to protest against Mosey nor the Narconan lawsuits.

Not one thin dime, was the motto.

:drama::drama::drama:

One year and still no decision. Or, it could be that one judge has decided one way, one judge has swung another way, and the third one is having a helluva time making up his mind. I'm just hoping they'll get it done before this month is up.
I think DM got a bunch of OT's together and they as-ised it, when he couldn't get any pictures of the justices in bed with a gaggle of hookers. Mimsey

633677071765562370-Hookers.jpg

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Any indications that the CoS has been conducting background investigations on the judges?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Did I hear correctly? I swear on a deck of bibles I heard it being said that religious beliefs are senior and above the Constitution and the legislative body of the USA as well as the Department of Justice.

Maybe we should just throw out the Constitution and classify the USA as a Polythiestic Theocracy wherein the future repeats the likes of the crusades, the inquisition and the dark ages. Good Heavens......:omg::duh: