What's new

Mosey sues cult for harrassment

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Lots of lutz and info I've not previously heard over at the Underground Bunker.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/21/monique-rathbun-files-suit-against-scientology-over-harassment/

Tony Ortega said:
On Friday, the Comal County district court granted Monique a temporary restraining order, calling on Scientology to stop following her and electronically surveilling her. A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday whether to convert the restraining order into a temporary injunction, but Monique’s attorney, Ray Jeffrey tells us he thinks the matter will likely be delayed about two weeks.

After four years of intense harassment, Monique is battling back, Jeffrey tells us, and they expect this to be a brutal fight.

Ray Jeffrey. This aught to be a good show.

The complaint filed with the court is posted over at the fringe of the internet. I'm going to go to Costco and pick up some popcorn now.

More interesting info:

effrey has previously litigated several cases against the church, and reportedly won large settlements for former church executive Debbie Cook and former church private eyes Paul Marrick and Greg Arnold, whom we profiled when they visited the Rathbuns at their Ingleside on the Bay home, near Corpus Christi, last September.

Really? We always suspected that Debbie was living large off the cult's nickel, and now Tony confirms it.

TG1

Angelic Poster
This tickles me more than I can say. The Church of Scientology has finally met its match. Mosey Rathbun will cream their asses.

You go, girl!!!!!!!!!!!

TG1

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
Good for them. I hope this gets lots of press too.

I wonder if they'll be able to tie the squirrel humpers to the church.?. Hmmm

Lone Star

Crusader
Good for them. I hope this gets lots of press too.

I wonder if they'll be able to tie the squirrel humpers to the church.?. Hmmm

Dan the camera man who's now touring with SuppressaPalooza will be the key witness. Sorry I can't remember his last name.

Edit: Did I say Dan?:duh: I meant to say Bert. But hey....I was close! :no:

Last edited:

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
This is excellent news. I really hope this is picked up on national media lines because it ties in so well with Where's Shelly? and Leah's recent attention on the Church. And it will highlight that Leah was not doing what she was doing just to gain some headlines (as some predictably trashy celeb media reporters and bloggers are now saying). Especially considering Mosey was never even in the Cof$!!!
:happydance::clap:You go, girl! :clap::happydance:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
This is excellent news. I really hope this is picked up on national media lines because it ties in so well with Where's Shelly? and Leah's recent attention on the Church. And it will highlight that Leah was not doing what she was doing just to gain some headlines (as some predictably trashy celeb media reporters and bloggers are now saying). Especially considering Mosey was never even in the Cof$!!!
:happydance::clap:You go, girl! :clap::happydance:

It is interesting what they're doing in the complaint. They don't just say she was never a member. Thry further state that she's never spoken publicly about the cult.

They're cutting off the public figure defense at the knees. THAT is pretty awesome.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Cameraman with SupressaPalooza is Bert Leahy.

He was cameraman with SquirrelBusters.

LOL!

TG1

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
In celebration, everyone should order the L. Ron Hubbard vibrating butt plug and mail it to Laurisse Schtuppindwarf at her place of employment.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
tumblr_m8hwwidcSs1r3f9ymo1_250.gif

It only gets weirder the deeper it gets.

:cheers:

NICE !!!

What blows my mind is that a person has to take civil action, because law enforcement won't impose any criminal action against this crime syndicate.

TG1

Angelic Poster
There's a very interesting connection between the Squirrel Busters who harassed Mosey, Marty, their friends and visitors and Lori Hodgson, whose story of disconnection from her children (Jessica and Jeremy) tugs at a lot of our heartstrings.

I haven't been to Marty's blog much lately, but checked over there today after hearing the announcement of Mosey's lawsuit against the cult. Go Mosey!

Anyway, some of you will find this story about the connection between Lori Hodgson (and her fight for her children) and the origin of the Squirrel Busters (which will figure largely in this Mosey v. Cult litigation) interesting, as well as necessary background material for the fight to come.

Marty's recounting of Lori's connection to this mess is at http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/08/17/scientology-and-psychiatry/

Fuck you, David Miscavige.

TG1

See previous comment - the one who blew is their key witness. :hysterical:
True - he is a witness, but why not sue all of the goons who materialized on her doorstep as well as the two listed on the suit?

It would give them pause the next time they plan to don camera hats and tee's - will I get sued? Is it worth it? Why just go after the principals? Just give the Indians the fair game their chiefs had them dish out.

Mimsey

TG1

Angelic Poster
Mimsey,

I know nothing (directly) of what Mosey/Jeffrey are doing. But it seems to me clearly like it's a strategic decision.

Why be distracted by suing twelve parties (and dealing with all their different sets of lawyers) when the parties that really matter are 1) the cult and 2) Davey.

Those grandpas and the grandma who were the Squirrel Busters are likely to be called as witnesses anyway. They'll make great "asshole exhibits."

TG1