What's new

Most Ridiculous Thing Anyone Ever Told You?

Gadfly

Crusader
A response to "Many people on this Board say that LRH policy also says that those wanting to leave are Degraded Beings. I do not remember hearing that. "

This is definitely pushed. For me personally, I first heard about it in reference to Ex SO. But this eventually also got used on anyone who routed off of staff. There is a reference out there, I think a F.O. written by hubbard that the only reason people leave the S.O. is that they are DB’s. Which I find interesting. Are you aware of how SO live their lives? The SO lives that I saw were degraded, bunk beds stacked 4-5 beds high, SO not having enough money to wash their laundry, the dirty, unmaintained quarters (despite all the white gloves) the mess hall, etc. I think, for the most part, that the life of an SO member is degraded.

There is definately a held view point that if you leave SO (and sometimes staff) you are a degraded being.

Yes, it is definitely in a Flag Order (FO). I am not sure of the title. Does anyone know, is there a source to download all or many of the Flag Orders anywhere on the Internet?

The same issue pushed the idea that ANY ex-Sea Org member may never be employed by any Church organization again. Why? Because he or she MUST be a DB, and would obviously screw up whatever job he or she was doing! Of course, I could never understand how members don't wonder, "gee, I am not a DB when I am in, but I suddenly become a DB when I go out, how does that make any sense?" Applying common sense to Church behavior is NOT exactly encouraged very much in the Church environment.

Hubbard constantly pushes the idea in the EPF (newbie Sea Org member training corps - Estates Project Force) that the Sea Org is THE ELITE. He states in some Flag Order that "any Sea Org member would be lionized just by walking into any Class IV Org". It never made sense to me when I was in the Sea Org. I remember watching these entirely untrained 15 years old CMO chicks walking around spouting off orders to people, with no understanding, often with "egos-a-plenty", and deserving of no respect in my universe. But, somehow, these CMO twits were "the elite", well because LRH says so. It still kills me how much nonsense members accept as true and believe just because Hubbard asserts it as true.

"LRH said it, therefore it MUST be right!" How droll. But members think with that idea day after day, week after week, and year after year.

I know a few younger people who left the Sea Org, and both went through a few years of inner pain and turmoil, mentally tossing and turning about how they "must be degraded, and possibly suppressive". Members internalize all this shit they are fed, think with it, and they often drive themselves quite crazy with deep self-criticism and constant self-questioning regarding ones worth and value as a human being. That Scientology creates that mindset and eventual mental turmoil is unquestionable. And of course, when one tries to leave by routing out on standard lines, you are bombarded with the viewpoint that the ONLY reason you could possibly want to leave is because something MUST be wrong with YOU! Either you are a DB, PTS, out-ethics, have missed withholds, have hidden undisclosed overts, are an SP, and so forth. It is entirely rigged against YOU, and for LRH and the Church organization. The idea that there actually might be something wrong with the Church that one might want to get away from is entirely unacceptable and disallowed as a thought.

The C of S involves SEVERE forms of indoctrination and mind control. That is why so many people have a real hard time when he or she leaves. Their minds are FILLED with the shit the Scientology indoctrination experience filled them with.

Last edited:

Ex_SaintHill

Patron with Honors
The most stupid thing I was told was when I was trying to route ot of the SO (one of the many times). I was asked by an RTC staff why I was leaving and I said that I want to have a real life and be free to do what I want. She told me then that Scientology is life and I will never be free without it, and so leaving wouldn't get me free. :duh:

Whew am I happy that I didn't listen to her. :D

Ex_SaintHill

Patron with Honors
Oh another thing comes to mind:

When in germany the capital was changed from Bonn to Berlin, someone told me that the new parlament building was built on a jewish cemetary and that they buried a lot of nazi bones under the floor of the reception.

He was completely serious about it as he told me.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hubbard constantly pushes the idea in the EPF (newbie Sea Org member training corps - Estates Project Force) that the Sea Org is THE ELITE. He states in some Flag Order that "any Sea Org member would be lionized just by walking into any Class IV Org". It never made sense to me when I was in the Sea Org.

Nor me. But back in the early days it was much more true, from what Dart Smohen wrote. For example, on p.61 of the free PDF Dart Smohen, the Real Story at www.paulsrabbit.com, he talks about the Sea Project members being Clear (all bar one, and Clear in 1967 is different to today) and Class VIs, with a proven production record. Unlike today's crop of Sea Org specimens.

Paul

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I was relatively new I was reading one of the basic books (POW? not sure) and LRH was giving the formula for the efficiency of a machine. I was teaching physics at that time, and the formula that LRH gave was wrong. He had inverted one of the fractions. I even double checked myself by trying out "Ron's" formula in a few problems.

This bothered me a lot and I questioned one of the staff members about it. She said that LRH was never wrong, I must have an mu. I said that this formula DID NOT WORK if you plugged numbers into it; it was just plain wrong.

She said that LRH was ahead of his time and that he knew things that even today's engineers don't know.

:duh: TL

(I wonder if the "new" basics fixed that; thing is I remember hearing it on one of his tapes too, so I'm not sure how they would "fix" that)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
When I was relatively new I was reading one of the basic books (POW? not sure) and LRH was giving the formula for the efficiency of a machine. I was teaching physics at that time, and the formula that LRH gave was wrong. He had inverted one of the fractions. I even double checked myself by trying out "Ron's" formula in a few problems. This bothered me a lot and I questioned one of the staff members about it. She said that LRH was never wrong, I must have an mu. I said that this formula DID NOT WORK if you plugged numbers into it; it was just plain wrong.She said that LRH was ahead of his time and that he knew things that even today's engineers don't know.
(I wonder if the "new" basics fixed that; thing is I remember hearing it on one of his tapes too, so I'm not sure how they would "fix" that)

Your disturbing story really shook me up. I was very enturbulated that you doubted Ron. That is so crazy that you are giving up your eternity and spreading this entheta about Source.

When you come to your senses you will quickly realize that Ron's tech is so much better than your degraded earth, pseudo, fake science of Physics!

I just have to line charge when I think of how you bought into that whole wog think that universities and non-LRH books have any knowledge!

What is it going to take for you to cog on how right ron was and how wrong you are?

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

Your disturbing story really shook me up. I was very enturbulated that you doubted Ron. That is so crazy that you are giving up your eternity and spreading this entheta about Source.

When you come to your senses you will quickly realize that Ron's tech is so much better than your degraded earth, pseudo, fake science of Physics!

I just have to line charge when I think of how you bought into that whole wog think that universities and non-LRH books have any knowledge!

What is it going to take for you to cog on how right ron was and how wrong you are?

:giggle: I was young and "untamed". A little ethics put my attention on my own overts (where it needed to be) and I was good to go for another $30,000.

:fighting: TL

p.s. hilarious post!! :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Comments on posts

That's priceless! :thumbsup:

Mmmm, maybe THAT was Hubbard's intention? To make MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of duplicates of himself! Imagine, run out every aspect of your "self" with auditing, and then ruthlessly apply, "do what Ron would do".

Maybe the purpose of the entire Bridge and Scn indoctrination was so that Hubbard could multiply himself thoughout all space and time! Agggghhh!

Free2Dream's story about reading "Child Dianetics" to deal with a psychotic cat is one of the funniest things I have ever read. It was a morning pick me up.

As to Gadfly's comment, yes that is probably precisely what Ron was going for. I remember someone telling me to read Ron's novel, "Old Doc Methusela" because it had the concept of 76 "Soldiers of Light" of which Doc was the one for this part of our Galaxy. These Soldiers of Light were given instructions from some kind of Galatic council to salvage various part of the Galaxy. I read the novel and it did present this concept. I bought into it and was sure that Ron was the Soldier of Light for our Solar System.

Getting back to Gadfly's remarks, maybe in the beginning, Hubbard had higher hopes for auditing than what was actually achievable. I remember the left column of the Science of Survival Chart of characteristics going from 0 to 100 and saying mankind generally could only operate between 0 and 4. There was another entry at the top designated 1000 saying that abilities at this level were completely uncharted.

When the actual OT's began rolling off the assembly line in the late 1960's maybe Ron saw that they did not have the kind of abilities he was touting but for PR and income generating purposes this was not admitted and the whole subject was shrouded in mystery. Remember all those fantastic success stories in the magazines being put out by the Advanced Orgs - an OT guy driving on a mountain road at night and seeing a car about to break the handrail and tumble down a cliff, throws out a tractor beam to hold the car back on to the road, intends for the driver of an oncoming truck to come to a stop and puts a protective shield around other approaching cars. Fantastic stuff!
lkwdblds

lkwdblds

Crusader
Roaches

See that's the thing -- they made it home just fine. That, of course, was "proof" to me that the state of OT was in fact Bona-fide!

(But the thing is, this same person told me that she habitually exteriorized and looked pigeons in the eye and traveled around the world as a thetan exterior while her body slept every night (she wasn't yet "clear" just a very able being.) And that she had at-will perfect recall of the other planets she'd lived on (not just in session)). She also told me that this same OT "handled" a roach problem by getting in comm with the roaches and suggesting that they leave.)

So I suspect it had more to do with the storyteller than a real sleeping OT.

-TL

There might be a little truth in that roach story. In the 80's, we had a huge ant problem at my house and all the poison and traps we set had no effect. One day, shooting baskets on the driveway in the rear, I noticed large columns of ants going doing into a crevice between the driveway and the garage itself. I ran and got cans of ant spray and thoroughly sprayed the crevice until it was saturated. Like magic the ant problem inside the house stopped. I realized that the nest and the "queen" ant were headquartered below that crevice. I began to perceive the feeling that something or someone was very angry and totally pissed off that their nest was found and destroyed.

lkwdblds

Crusader
I heard that same thing all the time and wondered what would happen to the people who didn't want to be Scientologists.

I was heavily involved with CCHR and remember being told that psychiatry would completely eradicated by 2005. That year came and went with psychiatry still in full swing. That didn't seem to stop anyone from swearing that psychiatry would be eradicated, they just stopped mentioning what year. :duh:

It is a lot like the predications for the return of Jesus to Earth or the signs being present signifying the End of Days.

I do not believe any generation has said that their time was rather hum drum and nothing special will happen in their time. Someone in every era announces that Jesus will be returning soon and/or the world will be ending soon. By the way, did you know Clay Bock in CCHR? I always admired him as a real decent guy. I think he is still in C of S but he is one of those type of guys whom you can't help but like.
lkwdblds

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Most ridiculous thing....

I'm not auditing you.....

:D

Funny...you are using the EXACT same commands....but, you're "not auditing me" so you can use it against me later.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
MONEY IS A FLOW.
YOU CAN UNSTICK YOUR MONEY FLOWS
(AND HAVE A HELLUVA LOT MORE MONEY)
BY FLOWING MONEY TO SCIENTOLOGY.

Later, after carefully considering and applying this profound universal wisdom, I had a life-changing cognition when I realized that:

MONEY IS NOT A "FLOW"
MONEY IS A PIECE OF PAPER THAT BUYS THINGS.
YOU CAN UNSTICK YOUR MONEY SUPPLY
(AND HAVE A HELLUVA LOT MORE MONEY)
BY NEVER FLOWING MONEY TO SCIENTOLOGY

Last edited:

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
When I was relatively new I was reading one of the basic books (POW? not sure) and LRH was giving the formula for the efficiency of a machine. I was teaching physics at that time, and the formula that LRH gave was wrong. He had inverted one of the fractions. I even double checked myself by trying out "Ron's" formula in a few problems.

This bothered me a lot and I questioned one of the staff members about it. She said that LRH was never wrong, I must have an mu. I said that this formula DID NOT WORK if you plugged numbers into it; it was just plain wrong.

She said that LRH was ahead of his time and that he knew things that even today's engineers don't know.

My dad was a math teacher, and math was my favorite subject. Not surprisingly, I also liked high school physics. I saw no grey areas here (which of course is not true when you get to advanced theoretical levels). If I had read a formula from LRH which I knew was wrong, and nobody would admit it, I believe I would have blown immediately to save my sanity.

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
When I was relatively new I was reading one of the basic books (POW? not sure) and LRH was giving the formula for the efficiency of a machine. I was teaching physics at that time, and the formula that LRH gave was wrong.
I don't recall this. I searched POW (1974 electronic edition) and "efficiency" only appears 4 times in the body of the text. "Efficien" gives a few more hits, but no formulae. I speed read the 10 pages of the chapter "The Secret Of Efficiency". No formulae.

If there is a short phrase you can remember, I can widen the search electronically to more texts.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
My dad was a math teacher, and math was my favorite subject. Not surprisingly, I also liked high school physics. I saw no grey areas here (which of course is not true when you get to advanced theoretical levels). If I had read a formula from LRH which I knew was wrong, and nobody would admit it, I believe I would have blown immediately to save my sanity.

Yea, you'd think so wouldn't you? I think I just chalked it up to Ron being preoccupied or something and decided it was no big deal . . .I think I just wanted it to be true so badly.

I have no other excuse. It's actually pretty embarassing now that I didn't.

-TL

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't recall this. I searched POW (1974 electronic edition) and "efficiency" only appears 4 times in the body of the text. "Efficien" gives a few more hits, but no formulae. I speed read the 10 pages of the chapter "The Secret Of Efficiency". No formulae.

If there is a short phrase you can remember, I can widen the search electronically to more texts.

Hi Les, I do remember hearing his voice saying it. . . I'm wondering if it was on the "Increasing Effeciency" Tape -- remember those single intro lectures and booklet sized transcripts they used to sell? This would have been in 1989-1990. (not the classics that they mailed to your house).

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't course material because I was asking a bookstore person, not the supe.. . so it must have been something that I purchased at the bookstore and studied on my own. There are a couple of places that I can look. If you think it's worth it, I can give it a shot. Most of what I had is taped in boxes in the deep recesses of the basement.

I'll see if I can remember his words and if I can, I'll let you know.

-TL

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
Hi Les, I do remember hearing his voice saying it. . . I'm wondering if it was on the "Increasing Efficiency" Tape -- remember those single intro lectures and booklet sized transcripts they used to sell? This would have been in 1989-1990. (not the classics that they mailed to your house).

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't course material because I was asking a bookstore person, not the supe.. . so it must have been something that I purchased at the bookstore and studied on my own. There are a couple of places that I can look. If you think it's worth it, I can give it a shot.
Ahh. I have several of those single tape things. You get "Oh this is new, you won't have this." from the BSO and then find it is a SHSBC tape that you already have. :angry:

If it's a tape then I probably don't have an electronic format transcript. If it is a SHSBC tape, for example, it would be impossible for me to find without the tape date/number.

Go for it.
"CONFRONT THOSE BOXES". Thank you.
"CONFRONT THOSE BOXES". Thank you.
:)