Murder or Justifiable Homicide?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Considering that Int is in CA, even tho it would technically be justifiable homicide, the person would probably be prosecuted for murder. CA laws really suck on this issue. Many wives suffering years of abuse (documented) still end up in prison for killing their spouse.

Somebody may just decide that prison would be preferable to continued life in the SO. You get better food, better berthing, and you actually get medical and dental care.

You also meet a more theta class of people.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
the law

I think Kevin's main point here is that law enforcement exists in our society for a reason.
And if there was ever a reason for law enforcement to act, that reason exists in this situation, and so where are they?

The answer is simply that law enforcement cannot act on hearsay or what MIGHT happen. They need a documentable crime and documentable victim, credible witness statements, etc. They learned a lesson in Waco about provoking an incident where the alleged victims were not complaining.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
No, that wasn't the point.

The point which was so politically incorrectly put by a hopelessly politically incorrect poster was that;

A. It's possible and though not likely. However other horrible derivatives of his actions are occurring regularly. Maybe it's only a matter of time before something truly shocking happens.

B. It could and should be prevented by the FBI or other law enforcement authorities.

C. David Miscavige has perpetrated crimes upon 100s if not 1000s of people. That cumulatively add up too far more than any single crime I could imagine.

The reason this thread is possibly offensive is that Aussies don't tend to give a fuck about the more delicate ways of putting things. We are far more rough and tumble than even Tom Cruise. :)

Having said that I still don't feel that David Miscavige should feel safe enough to continue with the abuse he has dished out for so many years.

Fair enough, Kev, but my point still holds. This is a recovery board not a revenge board. There is a chance, however slight, that if someone did go off the rails vs. some COS group and they had been a member of ESMB...I just don't see much positve in this line to outweigh the potential negatives. Nor is it conducive to understanding for most observers. No one here would seriously want to see that happen. I assume. :)

Personally, I have no time for political correctness either. The OP was clear, even if the topic should remain "hypothetical".

That would be terrible but it would also be totally dis related to my post and my point, kinda like how serious crime is not created by movies like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.

I was simply wondering if in the case that one of the many people that DM has subjected to immeasurable psychological torture actually snapped, and carried out some sort of terminal violence on his tormentor then would it be a case of murder or justifiable homicide?

I was also musing at why the FBI has not pre empted such a possibility.

I disagree with this logic blaming the media for pushing people over the edge. I do agree that the media is dumbing people down to accept almost anything they're told and I strongly object to propaganda "reality" shows like "COPS", "Border Patrol", whose sole purpose is to convince us (based on a 1% peak probability that gets shown) that everyone entering our borders is a potential criminal, and that police brutality is a necessary tool to bring down the average pick-pocket.

I have no urge to go out and kill someone, but should an issue arise, TV crime shows have provided me with a fantastic arsenal of methods, unique (one-off) weapons, diversions and covers. That still doesn't inspire me to go out and commit an act of revenge/murder.

The reason this thread is possibly offensive is that Aussies don't tend to give a fuck about the more delicate ways of putting things. We are far more rough and tumble than even Tom Cruise. :)

Having said that I still don't feel that David Miscavige should feel safe enough to continue with the abuse he has dished out for so many years.

Perhaps in a Spirit of Reconciliation the Oz Contingent would care to invite Mr. Miscavige to partake of an extended Fishing & Surfing Holiday along the South Coast of Australia? Aldinga, Port Alfred, & Adelaide would all seem likely places to host our new "chum", Mr. Miscavige, in his sea side frolics. I'm sure other places would suggest themselves based on local water & fishing conditions.

Nothing like a friendly gesture to aid our new found friend's peaceful rest. :whistling:

Mark A. Baker

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just to clarify:

Mac, it isn't revenge Kev nor I are after.:no:

Maybe growing up in a place where learning by the age of eight to wring the neck of gut-shot rabbits to put them out of misery has left us with less sensitivity about these things than most.:D

I consider David Miscavige to be a victim of the Scientological system that takes teenagers and turns them into Nazis via the CMO.:yes:

I also think that he is the critics' greatest asset as He is destroying the cult faster than anybody else could, so I personally don't want him removed.:no:

The question is: Why has karma not yet caught up with this man who obviously does have a lot coming to Him?:confused2:

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just to clarify:

Maybe growing up in a place where learning by the age of eight to wring the neck of gut-shot rabbits to put them out of misery has left us with less sensitivity about these things than most.:D

I consider David Miscavige to be a victim of the Scientological system that takes teenagers and turns them into Nazis via the CMO.:yes:

I also think that he is the critics' greatest asset as He is destroying the cult faster than anybody else could, so I personally don't want him removed.:no:

The question is: Why has karma not yet caught up with this man who obviously does have a lot coming to Him?:confused2:

Point taken. My point is the potential PR issue with ESMB if it did happen. The post could be read as enouraging someone to do something. Emma isn't worried about it since the thread stays up, though, so what the hell.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Point taken. My point is the potential PR issue with ESMB if it did happen. The post could be read as enouraging someone to do something. Emma isn't worried about it since the thread stays up, though, so what the hell.

Got it, Nexie - point taken.

I hadn't thought of it like that - although the thought of Int "insiders" reading ESMB makes me all warm and tingly inside. :D

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
FWIW.. I think any pipsqueak bullies with entourages of bodyguards, like DM, stands to gain intellectual benefits from being reminded of possible consequenses of bullying..

:yes:

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just to clarify:

Got it, Nexie - point taken.

I hadn't thought of it like that - although the thought of Int "insiders" reading ESMB makes me all warm and tingly inside. :D

Thanks, Scooter. I think you & Nexie said it all for me, here. -Mac