What's new

Must have valid, current, paid-up IAS membership to attend LRH Birthday Event

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Must have valid, current, paid-up IAS membership to attend LRH Birthday Event.

Mike Rinder: The Birthday Event — Your Papers Please
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-birthday-event-your-papers-please/

Excerpt:
The press gangs are swinging into action for the upcoming March 13 LRH Birthday Celebration. Of course, this is going to be the LARGEST, BESTEST, EXCEPTIONALEST, UNPRECEDENTEDEST EVER (since the last event).

ALL public are “welcome” PROVIDED you have have a NEW IAS card. Not one from last year, they are no good any longer. You must have a new one. And a color tag so they can tell what sort of person you are.

Leaked e-mails:
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014
Subject: Xxxxx, your selectees and LRH’s Birthday!

Dear Xxxxx,

This is our first LRH Birthday Celebration since the Launch of Golden Age of Tech Phase II! The Standard Tech results coming off the lines are exceptional, people are moving up the Bridge at unprecedented rates! Thus, we are going to have the largest celebration to date for our Founder!

EVERYONE is invited – veteran Scientologists, brand new Scientologists, and even people who may not have been on service at an Org or Mission for many years.

We need your assistance!!! Contacting and inviting EVERYONE. We’ve culled a list of all those we have record of you selecting for the last 10 years. Your communication to all of these people is vital!

Your selectees that we had records of are listed below.

To better service you as FSMs, and to increase the quality of the experience for your selectees we’ve created “Birthday Stickers” with color demarcations. This allows our staff to know who they are approaching, and also how to best greet and service them. I’ve attached a flier on this, so you can see what each color means.

This is LRH’s Birthday. In 1981 he put out a letter to be posted at ALL of his Birthday Celebrations around the world:

“Welcome to my birthday party and thank you for all the wonderful good wishes you have sent along. Tonight you and I are celebrating the highest ever expansion in the history of Scientology. Please one and all have a good time at my party. The birthday cheer is because of you.” – LRH

This Birthday Celebration is going to be huge, appropriately so with the recent expansion!

Please forward all or portions of this to your selectees and friends. Thank you for your help to reach ALL those who should attend, and make this a huge and successful celebration of our Founder and his Legacy!

ML, Tashania

[ Selectee list removed ]
*********** Event Details ***********

DATE: Saturday, March 22nd

BUSES

Buses will start shuttling at 3:30PM from LRH Way and CC Int.

PRE-EVENT “LRH TRIBUTE CONCERT” & AWARDS

The Event Reception begins at 4:00PM on Royal Street (at the entrance to the Auditorium).

The entire street will be decked-out as a very classy out-door Birthday Party with balloons and party favors and hosts in bright-colored tuxedos with silver platters. Food trucks will be parked on the edges, for those who want to purchase a full meal before the event.

Royal Street will be lined with booths of all our Social Betterment Groups and Activities in the LA Area as well as our Orgs and Missions. This will give everyone an opportunity to meet and greet each other and even sign-up for these activities.

At 4:30PM there will be an “LRH Tribute Concert” & Awards Presentation. There will be a large stage on the street and some of our best LA talent have been chosen for the occasion – Hana-li, Mimmi Seigel, Pierce Diressen and Ashleigh-Rae Johnson!

Between music acts, the Greater LA OT Ambassador I/C, Claire Taylor, will present commendations to those who have been exceptionally active in the various campaigns – having given LRH what he wanted most for his Birthday!

SIGN-IN

For fast-flow sign-in, bring your IAS card!

COLORED STICKERS

ALL guests will receive a festive “Ron’s Birthday” sticker at sign-in. The different colors tell our staff whether this guest is new to Scientology, a staff member, or a veteran Scientologist.

DOORS OPEN & START-TIME

The doors to the Shrine building will open at 4:30PM, so you can utilize the indoor facilities. Doors to the auditorium will open at 5:30PM for seating.

The event presentation itself will start at 6:30PM SHARP!

TICKETS

NO ONE will be allowed into the auditorium without a ticket – not even the Staff. Make sure to obtain yours from your local Org or Mission. The tickets are also assigned seating, so the best seats are going first – don’t delay!

PARKING

$10 Parking is available at the Shrine Structure and USC Parking Structure.

LOW-VOLUME SHOWING

For those with sensitive hearing, there will be a Low-Volume Showing on the 2nd floor of the Expo Hall. This is accessible by elevator from the Main Lobby.

CHILDCARE

Childcare will be located on the 3rd and 4th floors of the Shrine. This has been separated into age groups with different activities, and sugar-free, healthy snacks in each space. There will be a big screen TV with the event showing in the baby room, so mothers can nurse, and don’t have to miss the event.

TRANSLATIONS

There will be live translations into Spanish & Chinese, and the headsets can be obtained in the Shrine Lobby before entering the auditorium.

AFTER-EVENT RECEPTION

The Shrine Expo Hall will hold the after-event activities.

There will be a large LRH Birthday Cake (just like the one in the photo with LRH!), as well as plenty of other refreshments, music and activities.

You can hang-out with you friends as long as you’d like, talk with the staff, schedule your next course or auditing action, and enjoy the LRH Birthday Party experience!
And here is a message from the “Dir Success” FSO about your “ID card.”
Last year’s card is no longer valid (the one used for GAT II, IAS Event and New Years)

ALL Scientologists need to pick up their new cards. And no, you do not need to take a new photo (unless you really want to). Hundreds of these cards have already been produced and are sitting at the North Reception on the first floor of the Flag Building.

All YOU need to do is:

a) come and pick yours up and

b) spread the word about this so that ALL Flag Scientologists come and get theirs!
With the live LRH Birthday Event now only 6 weeks away, don’t wait! Get your card TODAY!!!!!!
Ml, Scott — Dir Success FSO

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hmmm.

Colored badges.

Where have I heard that before?

Sitting idly at the keyboard waiting for the cocktail hour, I glanced at this and read:

"Colored BAGELS." :drool:

Now that captured my interest! :yes:

I suppose an appt with the opthamologist might be in order. :p

One event there was enough for me this lifetime! :omg:

Shrine on! :duh:

freethinker

Sponsor
Do these threats and compliances increase attendance?

If they had told me that I wouldn't go, I'd just wait till it came to the org on DVD.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do these threats and compliances increase attendance?

If they had told me that I wouldn't go, I'd just wait till it came to the org on DVD.

No, but then they are not meant to.

Miscavige is paranoid about security now. He doesn't want anyone to film him (like I did in 2007) and post on the web for all the world to see and laugh at.

But then they tell their public to bring their non-Scn friends and family along and try to get as many as possible to see these events. Go figure.

These and other contradictions are invisible to most Scientologists.

Axiom142

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
No, but then they are not meant to.

Miscavige is paranoid about security now. He doesn't want anyone to film him (like I did in 2007) and post on the web for all the world to see and laugh at.

But then they tell their public to bring their non-Scn friends and family along and try to get as many as possible to see these events. Go figure.

These and other contradictions are invisible to most Scientologists.

Axiom142
The initial six month IAS membership is free. My guess is they use that for family and friends. Hey, it's free, so how can they politely decline?

freethinker

Sponsor
So the staff have to get Highest Ever attendances but at the same time they have to insist on current IAS Membership.

What this does makes the staff into IAS reg's and event confirmers at the same time. I think I would blow staff at this point because the pressure comes from both ends now.

This must be DM's way or ferreting out who's in and who needs to be declared while at the same time getting the next installment for his legal team. I don't see this strategy working like it did at the Mission Holders conference.

Our local org has indicated current IAS membership will be required for attendance at all events as well.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
scientology. The worlds fastest paranoia growing [STRIKE]pan-denominational[/STRIKE] exclusionary-denomination [STRIKE]religion[/STRIKE] mesmerization club.

I do wonder if this free to be fraudulently coerced PUBLIC $5,000 ? IAS membership would allow me to attend the event if I was an IRS staff member? Ya know, just to do a drop in check up on the charitable status of coerced donations.

What is next? Only 1 Billion year contracted Sea Org members will be allowed any portion of the bridge in ONLY Sea Org classed Idle Orgs? Be sure to bring your own toilet paper and change of underwear as it is going to be a long haul. :biggrin:

Sindy

Crusader
My comment still waiting on moderation:

“To better service you as FSMs, and to increase the quality of the experience for your selectees we’ve created “Birthday Stickers” with color demarcations. This allows our staff to know who they are approaching, and also how to best greet and service them. I’ve attached a flier on this, so you can see what each color means.”

^^^ Shouldn’t it say, “This allows our staff to know who they are approaching SO THEY KNOW HOW to best greet and service them.”?

Well, what other reason would they need to know “who they are approaching”?

These nonsensical PR lines, clumsy and unwieldy as they are, result from the inability to come up with euphemisms for what those stickers really mean.

I have been in plenty of reg meetings where these stickers are coded and delineated. (That was something that always, always bothered me and I said so – though very timidly).

Make absolutely no mistake. These stickers are not to help you, your selectee, or anyone else other than the registrars to quickly deduce who they should (or most importantly) should not give the time of day to.

A small example of how these stickers are often used:

Red: Hot prospect. Tag team reg cycle with (hot reg names here). Finish Patron Meritorious and close on 2nd Meter. $157,000

Blue: Sell event release, appointment to see reg at mandatory seminar tomorrow. (GI/Reg line-up a mile long on what prospect will be closed on when he/she can be gotten into a one on one with the only person left that the individual still trusts. Now screw him/her over. Destroy that trust now — give promise of ARC break session later that will never happen because it’s your fault. “We tried, you were never session-able. What are you hiding?”)

Green: Mid staff/SO recruit cycle, route to …. (staff recruiter name here).

Orange: DB who comes to all events just to eat the food — ignore.

Yellow: PTS situation / Illegal / Ethics bait — ignore or get to donate big to “make amends for” (think major non-Scientology sanctioned sin committed here).

Blah, blah, blah.

Time cannot be wasted. Quotas MUST be met. Reg meetings are ruthless, cocky and rather heartless. They are all about the conqueror and the conquest, not the conquered and his/her continued well being. They are very uncomfortable. They leave one feeling dirty and compromised but that feeling is overridden by fear of not meeting the quota.

Getting past all the human barricades without getting KR’d and hauled into ethics, is "job one" for almost all public.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Sindy,

That's hilarious! But to confirm ... are you serious? Were those really the categories -- really?

:roflmao:

TG1

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
"Which line do I stand in for the slap Wheezy Miscavige around sticker? Oh, that line bending around the block? Got it. Thanks."

Sindy

Crusader
Sindy,

That's hilarious! But to confirm ... are you serious? Were those really the categories -- really?

:roflmao:

TG1

In Chicago (and this is not a "sticker" category, per se) during reg meetings (which sometimes could be quite a lot of people who were chosen to wear that hat -- even if they didn't normally), we had another verbal category as people would go through "Trained and Processed" lists and rolodexs to cull names of people to reg and then yell them out. The purpose of this exercise was to have each person as a reg say that he or she would take on the duty of regging the particular name called.

Lots of lists were made and remade and refined daily as cycles fell off the line-up. Okay, so as names were called out, it was also time for people who knew the status of that person's "situation" (financial and otherwise) to speak up and bring everyone up to date so the regging was coordinated.

Inevitably, names would be called where people would just sigh or grumble, or roll their eyes (as in no, that would not be a good reg cycle) but then there was the very special Chicago category (and I don't know who started it but it became a regular status/category) and that was the category of "Car Door".

So, as names would get called out so people could chime in or take as their responsibility to reg the person called out, every once and a while a name would be called and someone would say, a bit muffled and with a little cough, "Car Door". This was the whittled down version of what people used to say and what it really meant which was, "I'd rather slam my open arm in a car door than reg that person."

That was a wicked category. If you were in that category you were either not brainwashed and so thought to be a total counter intentioned jerk who exhausted staff and left them with migraine headaches OR you were someone so bizarre to communicate with that you could happily and unknowingly suck up the regges entire evening and then do absolutely nothing and yet were seemingly going to for hours only to walk out the door oblivious to the plight of the staff member.

I should start a "What really happens in reg meetings" thread but I don't know if I could live through it.:biggrin:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
<snip>

I should start a "What really happens in reg meetings" thread but I don't know if I could live through it.:biggrin:

It would make for very interesting reading I reckon.

A lot of lurkers would probably see how it all works and maybe help them prepare counter responses? Or scare them out of the door quicker.