What's new

Must have valid, current, paid-up IAS membership to attend LRH Birthday Event

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
My comment still waiting on moderation:

^^^ Shouldn’t it say, “This allows our staff to know who they are approaching SO THEY KNOW HOW to best greet and service them.”?

Well, what other reason would they need to know “who they are approaching”?

These nonsensical PR lines, clumsy and unwieldy as they are, result from the inability to come up with euphemisms for what those stickers really mean.

I have been in plenty of reg meetings where these stickers are coded and delineated. (That was something that always, always bothered me and I said so – though very timidly).

Make absolutely no mistake. These stickers are not to help you, your selectee, or anyone else other than the registrars to quickly deduce who they should (or most importantly) should not give the time of day to.

A small example of how these stickers are often used:

Red: Hot prospect. Tag team reg cycle with (hot reg names here). Finish Patron Meritorious and close on 2nd Meter. $157,000

Blue: Sell event release, appointment to see reg at mandatory seminar tomorrow. (GI/Reg line-up a mile long on what prospect will be closed on when he/she can be gotten into a one on one with the only person left that the individual still trusts. Now screw him/her over. Destroy that trust now — give promise of ARC break session later that will never happen because it’s your fault. “We tried, you were never session-able. What are you hiding?”)

Green: Mid staff/SO recruit cycle, route to …. (staff recruiter name here).

Orange: DB who comes to all events just to eat the food — ignore.

Yellow: PTS situation / Illegal / Ethics bait — ignore or get to donate big to “make amends for” (think major non-Scientology sanctioned sin committed here).

Blah, blah, blah.

Time cannot be wasted. Quotas MUST be met. Reg meetings are ruthless, cocky and rather heartless. They are all about the conqueror and the conquest, not the conquered and his/her continued well being. They are very uncomfortable. They leave one feeling dirty and compromised but that feeling is overridden by fear of not meeting the quota.

Getting past all the human barricades without getting KR’d and hauled into ethics, is "job one" for almost all public.

According to Michael (ex-solo nots d of p), the otvii folders were similarly marked. For round ball-bearing (oh so few!), pts, broke, etc. Making up categories, but close enough to the real thing and they had colored tabs.

Sindy

Crusader
According to Michael (ex-solo nots d of p), the otvii folders were similarly marked. For round ball-bearing (oh so few!), pts, broke, etc. Making up categories, but close enough to the real thing and they had colored tabs.

Thank you and yes, that's what is done. I, too, am "making up" the categories. What I mean by that is that what I have said here is the essence of what it was all about and certainly accurate overall but Freethinker thanked me for letting him know what the yellow and orange stickers meant.

It wasn't that literal or organized and the sticker meanings changed event to event. In other words, Scientology staff don't have a color directory with exact meanings that they all know about or something. Like everything in Scientology that goes week to urgent week...the meanings were all made up on the fly in meetings before the event.

Overall, though, these types of categories ARE what these stickers are for.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Whadda sad, sad state of affairs. I remember the El Ron B'day Parties from the mid-'60's. Anyone that showed up was most welcomed to be there, couple of short speeches and "Ron Stories", a few "Hip Hips" and then Scn musicians (like Amanda Ambrose) and Scn "garage bands" played for hours, everyone danced their ass off, many got drunk and the party went on way into the night, lotsa steamy "touchy/fealy" (some of us got laid before dawn at our place or her's:blush:)...and, there was NO regging. :happydance:

Face:)

And I always wondered how they managed to get so many into the cult in the 60s and 70s! :)

Time perhaps for The Tiny Tyrant to dust off the old Successful Actions folder and re-introduce some of the Things That Actually Got Customers Going To Events?

I might even be tempted to go along to one or two like that! :coolwink:

Ax

Veda

Sponsor
Whadda sad, sad state of affairs. I remember the El Ron B'day Parties from the mid-'60's. Anyone that showed up was most welcomed to be there, couple of short speeches and "Ron Stories", a few "Hip Hips" and then Scn musicians (like Amanda Ambrose) and Scn "garage bands" played for hours, everyone danced their ass off, many got drunk and the party went on way into the night, lotsa steamy "touchy/fealy" (some of us got laid before dawn at our place or her's:blush:)...and, there was NO regging. :happydance:

Face:)

I've only attended a few Scientology events and, as best I can recall, no El Ron B'day Parties. The first event I attended was in November 1970. It was billed as a "Special - just from the Flagship with LRH - Briefing."

There was a room full of non-Sea Org Public and one Apollo Flagship rep. The rep. told some stories from the ship, etc., and then explained to the audience that "Earth was a prison, populated by either criminals or geniuses."

Everyone, furtively, looked around to judge the other person in regard to which category he/she belonged. An awkward moment.

By that time, I had already done the (old) Comm Course and the H.Q.S. course, and was planning at working at a summer job to save up enough money to do the Academy levels (audit, co-audit, etc.). I was also reading Hubbard's books, my favorite being the (now out of print) 'Phoenix Lectures'.

At the intermission of this "Special Briefing from Flag," Carla Bazin (spelling?) tried to recruit me into the Sea Org. She had me fill out a Sea Org application form, up to the very last line, where I was to place my signature, agreeing to the billion year contract.

She was persistent in trying to get me to sign that line, and when I responded, with my pantie-waisted dilettante Comm-Course-graduate TRs of "Thank you," and "OK," and refused to sign, she responded with an angry, "Don't use that bullshit on me!" That left an impression, which remained in the back of my mind, an impression which I did my best to deny and ignore for quite a while.

Thinking back, that probably "inoculated" me as much as anything else around at that time, more than reading 'anti-Scientology' books (such as Robert Kaufman's 'Inside Scientology'), more than having smoked pot or having taken LSD, and LSD had not yet been made a dis-qualifier for the Sea Org.

So I stayed a "public" throughout my Scientology experience, and was happily oblivious to many of the abuses for some years. Then, realizing that there was only one me but lots of other people, I began to examine more thoroughly the effect of Scientology on others, and thus began my journey out of Scientology.

I never did thank Carla, the "Don't use that bullshit on me!" Sea Org lady, for the inoculation she unintentionally gave me on that day long ago.

As for regging at that 1970 event, I saw none. However, as I was soon to find out - once the Org realized that I had a little money and was a 'prospect' - there was definitely regging, and very aggressive, relentless, 'unreasonable' regging.

Hubbard's Hard Sell tech was going strong by 1970.

However the mental-healing (disguise) layer was much thicker and more robust then. It was easier to be a naive well-meaning dupe for Scientology in 1970 than it is in 2014.

Then, it seemed as though there was always a new OT level being released, and the mysterious 'Ls' were soon to appear, and who knew? It would be almost another decade before the 1977 FBI raids and not until 1979 that the first wave of damning evidence from that raid became available.

It was during the 1980s that so much previously hidden information re. Hubbard and Scientology became available. It still amazes me that Scientology did not fizzle and disappear by the late 1980s. It should have.

However, as Hubbard noted in his 'Bolivar' PL, once a 'juggernaut' is in place, it's hard to stop. It may not go anywhere, but it keeps going in circles and vibrating. Thirty years of intensive well disguised brainwashing doesn't just disappear overnight.

Now that Scientology has passed through its 'do' phase into its 'have' phase, with no more new OT levels to sell, and only the same tech to sell - endlessly repackaged, over and over again - and now that Scientology has tax exempt status, it has no choice but to concentrate on the basic objective in the first place, circa 1938, and that's to build monuments to Hubbard, and, of course, to get money.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was during the 1980s that so much previously hidden information re. Hubbard and Scientology became available. It still amazes me that Scientology did not fizzle and disappear by the late 1980s. It should have.

I got into Scientology in the mid 1980s. By that time I'd been searching for something for many years yet I'd never even heard of Scientology or Hubbard. It seems strange to me now but it's true.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
And I always wondered how they managed to get so many into the cult in the 60s and 70s! :)

Time perhaps for The Tiny Tyrant to dust off the old Successful Actions folder and re-introduce some of the Things That Actually Got Customers Going To Events?

I might even be tempted to go along to one or two like that! :coolwink:

Ax

I loved the parties, events and coffee houses back in the 70's. They certainly kept me connected when some of the other BS was tempting me to tell them to shove it. But maybe I'll delete this post. I certainly wouldn't want DM to catch onto anything that will keep people in. :melodramatic:

Danger Mouse

Patron with Honors
I think the reason the Co$ didn't come apart in the 1980s is because it came to a fork in the road at that point.

Mr. L. Ron "Only One" Hubbard was dead, and there were thousands of very intelligent (though gullible) and idealistic people willing to devote their lives to making the world a better place.

The road not taken: the big sociopath is gone and the good people take over.

The road taken: a little sociopath beats his "SP declare" by minutes with a quick putsch and picks up right where the big sociopath left off.

I hope 2014 is the year that this sad story reaches its conclusion. THE END.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Did you ever see him dressed up and ranting and raving like Ernest Angley - ( the holy roller on TV shouting "Evil spirit come OUUUT!!" bumping the rube on the head, and they would fall and arise - healed) as he thumped the DMSMH bible - testifyin' about Clear and OT - god whata show - there was even a guy in a powder blue tux and a red white and blue striped top hat. I can't recall the date but it must have been around the 4th of July.

Our org had rockin' good parties almost every weekend. Move all the tables aside in the academy, get the band or a LOUD record player going, dance your ass off and let it all hang out...

Mimsey

At ASHO in the early 80s, on Saturday evening (or was it Friday?) we had movie night in the auditorium. They would get some movie, load it into the projector, Heber would do a not-too-long speech about GO wins, and we would watch the movie. No regging, wonder of wonders, just hanging out with fellow Scns.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Thank god they don't honor "Lifetime" memberships as lifetime.
I'd hate to have one of those cards.

I refused to go to events when I was on staff, I sure as fuck wouldn't bother now.

That's something I hadn't heard of. I had gotten a "Lifetime" membership back in the late 80's. They no longer consider that valid?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That's something I hadn't heard of. I had gotten a "Lifetime" membership back in the late 80's. They no longer consider that valid?

No no no, silly, it's valid for the lifetime of the CARD, not the lifetime of the USER!

Paul

I loved the parties, events and coffee houses back in the 70's. They certainly kept me connected when some of the other BS was tempting me to tell them to shove it. But maybe I'll delete this post. I certainly wouldn't want DM to catch onto anything that will keep people in. :melodramatic:
Don't worry, they'll turn it into a reg fest and it will die before it blooms.

Mimsey

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank god they don't honor "Lifetime" memberships as lifetime.
I'd hate to have one of those cards.

I refused to go to events when I was on staff, I sure as fuck wouldn't bother now.

A lifetime membership is a few years.

A lifetime Sea Org contract is 1 billion years.

Out exchange much?

Has anyone ever been 6 years old, wandered up to an org and reported for duty and when asked if they will sign a one billion year contract they insisted that they already had?

Sindy

Crusader
The initial six month IAS membership is free. My guess is they use that for family and friends. Hey, it's free, so how can they politely decline?

"Last year’s card is no longer valid (the one used for GAT II, IAS Event and New Years)

ALL Scientologists need to pick up their new cards. And no, you do not need to take a new photo (unless you really want to). Hundreds of these cards have already been produced and are sitting at the North Reception on the first floor of the Flag Building. "

I think there is actually a misunderstanding on this issue. This email is not talking about IAS membership cards but some sort of new photo ID cards they are issuing now for certain events. So, for the GAT 2 event, everyone got properly vetted and issued a special photo ID. What this email is saying is that people have to go through that whole process again -- that the one they got for GAT 2 is no longer valid. It's not the IAS card (which does not have a photo on it).

They should probably issue photo ID IAS membership cards to avoid having to make new cards for every stupid event or, why not just microchip everyone? :ohmy:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I think there is actually a misunderstanding on this issue. This email is not talking about IAS membership cards but some sort of new photo ID cards they are issuing now for certain events. So, for the GAT 2 event, everyone got properly vetted and issued a special photo ID. What this email is saying is that people have to go through that whole process again -- that the one they got for GAT 2 is no longer valid. It's not the IAS card (which does not have a photo on it).

They should probably issue photo ID IAS membership cards to avoid having to make new cards for every stupid event or, why not just microchip everyone? :ohmy:

LOL.

That post kind of reveals that sad state of affairs for the cult these days. It made me reflect and wonder how the happy-happy "let's-help-everyone-with-an-exciting-new-book-called-Dianetics" 1950's people became the nasty, insular, paranoid bullies they are in 2014.

In 1950, when Hubbard first released DMSMH the game became trumpeting it to the world as loudly and widely as possible.

When Dianetics failed to produce any result except book royalties and an eager coterie of wishful thinkers, Hubbard invented another far more elaborate hoax called Scientology. We were still in the early 1950s and all efforts were still directed towards disseminating the information to every person on earth, now, now, now!

Rolling the story fast-forward, we join Hubbard in the mid 1960s by which time it had become painfully apparent that Scientology was an even more miserable failure at producing "Clears" or "OTs" than Dianetics. Bigger claims, bigger price, bigger reaction by those who were scammed. So, Hubbard invented a new method of lying which was to create OT III and then not tell people what it was until AFTER he collected the money. Innovative way to steal someone's hard earned money, is it not? LOL.

For all intents and purposes, the mystery-sandwich marketing of the Xenu story back (ca 1967) marked a new era for the cult of Scientology--it was the first time broad dissemination efforts of "tech" were narrowly edited down to just the non-secret portions. This is important, because for the previous 17 years, Scientologists were tasked with blabbing endlessly about everything Hubbard said/wrote. Now, the cult's founder was beginning to be a bit paranoid and his "reach" was noticeably less for the obvious reason that he did not want to get laughed off the international stage by people hearing his ridiculous Xenu sci-fi being sold at equally ridiculous prices. Thus began the Golden Age of Secrecy.

Let's join Scientology moments after Hubbard died (1986) and the new head liar strutted up on stage to told some jaw-dropping whoppers about Hubbard's unexpected death being proof of his advanced OT abilities. Thus began the cult's new age of SuperSecrecy where not only the tech (Xenu/BTs) was confidential, but the information about the stats and management of the secrets was forbidden. In other words, Hubbard suddenly croaking would be, in his own terms, a "crashed stat". But it was nevertheless promoted to loyal believers as a "power stat" where Ron gloriously was in deep space at a secret location known as "Target II".

For decades thereafter, the veils of secrecy swelled and thickened around the TECH and the MANAGEMENT OF ASSETS (stats, use of donations et al) until not even the senior management of the cult (save one sociopath, COB) has the slightest clue what is happening in the next room.

In 2014 the list of Top Secrets info has grown by "orders of magnitude". You aren't allowed to know about everything from Xenu to running around a pole. Likewise, you mustn't learn about the number of Clears or amount of money being raised for empty buildings or IAS empty promises. The secrets are not only protected because you will become restimulated & die--they are fanatically guarded because you might become illuminated & blow.

Today, even the events promoting the secrets are secret and you have to qualify for special access cards to be allowed to sit in an event and listen to the lies.

Let's review:

1950: The lie, openly & broadly disseminated to all.

1951 - 1967: Lies about tech broadly disseminated, the Xenu lie kept secret until after marks have paid for it.

1968 - 1986: Lies about the lower bridge broadly disseminated, OT band lies (OT III- VIII) lies kept secret until after marks have paid for them.

1987 - 2012: Broad dissemination of the statistical lies. Lies about the entire tech bridge kept secret. Lies about the management of the secrets (stats, use of donations, et al) kept secret.

2013 - 2014: Limited dissemination of the statistical lies with only qualified persons being allow to attend events and hear the lies.

I think it's fair to say that what we are witnessing is the final stage meltdown in the cycle of a con game. At first it is bold lying, promoted to all. Later only to those "qualified" to hear about it which is a cult euphemism for "only the stupidest and most gullible people on earth who yet somehow have money in their bank account".

Helpful Tip To Scientologists: When you need special ethics clearance and an ID card that allows you to attend an event where you are lied to, your actual ruin might be that you belong to a deceptive and debilitating cult.

Sindy

Crusader
LOL.

That post kind of reveals that sad state of affairs for the cult these days. It made me reflect and wonder how the happy-happy "let's-help-everyone-with-an-exciting-new-book-called-Dianetics" 1950's people became the nasty, insular, paranoid bullies they are in 2014.

In 1950, when Hubbard first released DMSMH the game became trumpeting it to the world as loudly and widely as possible.

When Dianetics failed to produce any result except book royalties and an eager coterie of wishful thinkers, Hubbard invented another far more elaborate hoax called Scientology. We were still in the early 1950s and all efforts were still directed towards disseminating the information to every person on earth, now, now, now!

Rolling the story fast-forward, we join Hubbard in the mid 1960s by which time it had become painfully apparent that Scientology was an even more miserable failure at producing "Clears" or "OTs" than Dianetics. Bigger claims, bigger price, bigger reaction by those who were scammed. So, Hubbard invented a new method of lying which was to create OT III and then not tell people what it was until AFTER he collected the money. Innovative way to steal someone's hard earned money, is it not? LOL.

For all intents and purposes, the mystery-sandwich marketing of the Xenu story back (ca 1967) marked a new era for the cult of Scientology--it was the first time broad dissemination efforts of "tech" were narrowly edited down to just the non-secret portions. This is important, because for the previous 17 years, Scientologists were tasked with blabbing endlessly about everything Hubbard said/wrote. Now, the cult's founder was beginning to be a bit paranoid and his "reach" was noticeably less for the obvious reason that he did not want to get laughed off the international stage by people hearing his ridiculous Xenu sci-fi being sold at equally ridiculous prices. Thus began the Golden Age of Secrecy.

Let's join Scientology moments after Hubbard died (1986) and the new head liar strutted up on stage to told some jaw-dropping whoppers about Hubbard's unexpected death being proof of his advanced OT abilities. Thus began the cult's new age of SuperSecrecy where not only the tech (Xenu/BTs) was confidential, but the information about the stats and management of the secrets was forbidden. In other words, Hubbard suddenly croaking would be, in his own terms, a "crashed stat". But it was nevertheless promoted to loyal believers as a "power stat" where Ron gloriously was in deep space at a secret location known as "Target II".

For decades thereafter, the veils of secrecy swelled and thickened around the TECH and the MANAGEMENT OF ASSETS (stats, use of donations et al) until not even the senior management of the cult (save one sociopath, COB) has the slightest clue what is happening in the next room.

In 2014 the list of Top Secrets info has grown by "orders of magnitude". You aren't allowed to know about everything from Xenu to running around a pole. Likewise, you mustn't learn about the number of Clears or amount of money being raised for empty buildings or IAS empty promises. The secrets are not only protected because you will become restimulated & die--they are fanatically guarded because you might become illuminated & blow.

Today, even the events promoting the secrets are secret and you have to qualify for special access cards to be allowed to sit in an event and listen to the lies.

Let's review:

1950: The lie, openly & broadly disseminated to all.

1951 - 1967: Lies about tech broadly disseminated, the Xenu lie kept secret until after marks have paid for it.

1968 - 1986: Lies about the lower bridge broadly disseminated, OT band lies (OT III- VIII) lies kept secret until after marks have paid for them.

1987 - 2012: Broad dissemination of the statistical lies. Lies about the entire tech bridge kept secret. Lies about the management of the secrets (stats, use of donations, et al) kept secret.

2013 - 2014: Limited dissemination of the statistical lies with only qualified persons being allow to attend events and hear the lies.

I think it's fair to say that what we are witnessing is the final stage meltdown in the cycle of a con game. At first it is bold lying, promoted to all. Later only to those "qualified" to hear about it which is a cult euphemism for "only the stupidest and most gullible people on earth who yet somehow have money in their bank account".

Helpful Tip To Scientologists: When you need special ethics clearance and an ID card that allows you to attend an event where you are lied to, your actual ruin might be that you belong to a deceptive and debilitating cult.

I feel profoundly stupid for falling for this and offering over a quarter of a century and who knows what percentage of my life (on this planet :coolwink: ) to this insanity. Not only did we all commit ourselves with undying devotion (to a greater or lesser degree) but the vice-like, mind grip ruthlessly held us in the thought pattern that there was no other way, that Scientology had all the answers. This was as clear as day.

What? Oh my god. What the hell happened?

I agree we are witnessing the final stage meltdown in the cycle of a con game. Lies upon lies, compounded daily, bring about delusional insanity. How do they keep up?

It is amazing to me that anyone can still function at all within this cult.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I feel profoundly stupid for falling for this and offering over a quarter of a century and who knows what percentage of my life (on this planet :coolwink: ) to this insanity. Not only did we we all commit ourselves with undying devotion (to a greater or lesser degree) but the vice-like, mind grip ruthlessly held us in the thought pattern that there was no other way, that Scientology had all the answers. This was as clear as day.

What? Oh my god. What the hell happened?

I agree we are witnessing the final stage meltdown in the cycle of a con game. Lies upon lies, compounded daily, bring about delusional insanity. How do they keep up?

It is amazing to me that anyone can still function at all within this cult.

Don't feel like you are a special kind of dupe. Everyone gets suckered in life.

We can all take refuge in the simple fact that NOBODY alive has not been deceived, tricked, conned or worse. In religion, romance, business...

NOBODY! I've seen people pretend to be ultra-sophisticated and above being deceived, but that is in itself a deception. Nobody is that smart.

Even today, I wouldn't be surprised to one day discover that certain beliefs I hold true are completely unfounded or ridiculous.

Honestly, what person alive actually knows what the hell we are all doing here on Earth or what this cosmic experience is all about. Maybe this whole "Hey I live on Earth" is all part of a hoax. LOL. Isn't that alone enough to keep us all humble?

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader
Don't feel like you are a special kind of dupe. Everyone gets suckered in life.

We can all take refuge in the simple fact that NOBODY alive has not been deceived tricked, conned or worse. In religion, romance, business...

NOBODY! I've seen people pretend to be ultra-sophisticated and above being deceived, but that is in itself a deception. Nobody is that smart.

Even today, I wouldn't be surprised to one day discover that certain beliefs I hold true are completely unfounded or ridiculous.

Honestly, what person alive actually knows what the hell we are all doing here on Earth or what this cosmic experience is all about. Maybe this whole "Hey I live on Earth" is all part of a hoax. LOL. Isn't that alone enough to keep us all humble?

Bolded #1: I have this thought weekly, if not more often. That's slightly unsettling and freeing at the same time.

Bolded # 2: Yes :cheers:

HelluvaHoax!

Bolded #1: I have this thought weekly, if not more often. That's slightly unsettling and freeing at the same time.

Bolded # 2: Yes :cheers:

Yeah, I've had a good number of those "slightly unsettling and freeing at the same time" moments during the solitude of the wee hours--when the world and everyone in it seems to have unplugged. In that silence, some oddly relevant contemplations about being alive can effortlessly surface like: "What is actually going on?"

And the answer: "I don't know".

It seems like a good answer. LOL.