What's new

My Critical viewpoint

Veda

Sponsor
Those clears that you met Veda first had to agree that they had a reactive mind in the first place. Hubbard came up with the whole concept it wasn't something that any of us came up with on our own. We first had to buy into all of it to. So if you look at it from an auditing viewpoint that is the basic on the chain that we all bought into the idea of a reactive mind so in fact we created it right then and there. Which intern began the seemingly endless cycle of getting rid of what we just agreed to have. BTs is another example of something that has to be agreed upon to exist. Because we are "immortal beings" that don't even exist in this realty. We are plugged in and running these bodies, none of it real its all deception and perception.

That's cool. My exit from Scientology began long ago when I began to notice the hypnotic power that Hubbard - and his words - had over Scientologists.

As for the existence of a subconscious mind, or etheric bric and brac floating around a person's space, etc., these are old ideas that Hubbard P.T. Barnumized, and sold.

My point is mainly that there's no occasion in Scientology where Hubbard tells Scientologists that he was having a joke on them, at their expense. Some of these explanations, that I've seen in various places, make it seem as though Hubbard was finally "fessing up," when he never did.

ExB.S.O.

Patron
Veda I agree I don't think he ever really came out and said it was all bogus. But do believe he was alluding to it there were many things that he said in his lectures that suggested it. If Hubbard was really a follower of Crowly then he probably had the ethic code of a devoted satanist which I have read and heard other researchers say that satanic must tell you exactly what they are doing to you or are going to do you. Example of that would the whole climate change shit with the so called experts have written books and white papers calling for the reduction of the worlds population by 90%. Then you also have them calling for deforestation of north America. So they are telling us they want to get rid of us before they start doing it. So it goes back to Hubbard confessing what he is doing to us through the use of hypnosis which he talked a great deal of in his lectures. but didn't say he was using it but said he could with ease. He also said how easily all his subject matter could used to control someone or destroy them. He went into great detail in the on how to use the tone scale to control people. I hope I made sense with what I just said if not sorry.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Hubbard never confessed to anything once he got on the roll with his global scam, but always pushed along his bullshit like he was a master/king. :puke:
It has been my theory for a long time now that one of the major things that killed the old windbag was his own karma, for doing so much damage to people (damage that is still being dealt with and still continuing).
The best place he could be hoping for (if he is not merely dismantled by now) is a nice christian-type hell, which'd be too good for him.
Just a small thought/opine.

Veda

Sponsor
Veda I agree I don't think he ever really came out and said it was all bogus. But do believe he was alluding to it there were many things that he said in his lectures that suggested it. If Hubbard was really a follower of Crowly then he probably had the ethic code of a devoted satanist which I have read and heard other researchers say that satanic must tell you exactly what they are doing to you or are going to do you. Example of that would the whole climate change shit with the so called experts have written books and white papers calling for the reduction of the worlds population by 90%. Then you also have them calling for deforestation of north America. So they are telling us they want to get rid of us before they start doing it. So it goes back to Hubbard confessing what he is doing to us through the use of hypnosis which he talked a great deal of in his lectures. but didn't say he was using it but said he could with ease. He also said how easily all his subject matter could used to control someone or destroy them. He went into great detail in the on how to use the tone scale to control people. I hope I made sense with what I just said if not sorry.

Very astute observation. Possibly the most interesting, single, bundle of ideas and methodologies that Hubbard was using, or was going to use, on his own followers, appeared in his (anonymously written) 'Russian textbook on Pyscho-Politics' of 1955. (Originally written as a black propaganda gimmick.) However, examples can be found throughout Dianetics and Scientology.

Usually, Scientologists can grasp the notion that "Black Scientology" might be used on "Suppressive Persons," but not the idea that Scientology's founder used "Black Scientology" on his own loyal followers. This is difficult to explain to Scientologists, since Scientology (Hubbard's teachings and "applied philosophy") is regarded as a "gift" from Hubbard for their benefit. Yet Scientology, as crafted by Hubbard, is a devious mix of "Black" and "White" Scientology, and this mixture is what makes Scientology a trap.

Currently, about as far as "Independent" and FreeZone" Scientologists can venture is to assert that corporate Scientology's current leader, David Miscavige, uses "Black Scientology." Beyond that, things become foggy for them.

In his confidential writings, Hubbard taught that Scientology's enemies should be subjected to "enemy tactics," and to the various mechanisms of the mind (and "reactive mind"), and Hubbard, in writings and lectures, would sometimes describe these and, on a few occasions (usually at lectures), even warn the wide eyed and eager Scientologists that some evil force (not him of course, but the communists, Nazis, psychiatrists, the "12 bankers," etc.) could use Scientology to enslave - such is "the power the tech," etc. FZ and Indy Scientologists are fond of quoting these warnings. This, while remaining subject to many of the manipulative ideas and methods woven into Scientology by its founder.

L. Ron Hubbard described himself as "Mankind's Greatest Friend," etc., so his writings and comments about "aberrative mechanisms" and "enemy tactics" never came across as a warning about himself. If anything, it made others more inclined to trust him.

For example, in Dianetics, what's "aberrative"? Something that equates to "survival." The "held down 7s" are "aberrative" because they're identified with the person's survival. "Survival," as a "mechanism" becomes "aberrative."

Even in 1950, Dianetics was presented as being a "race with the atomic bomb." The message was plain enough: Dianetics = Survival. No Dianetics = Doom.

And this continued into Scientology. One of many examples: In 1956, Hubbard wrote, "With Man now equipped with weapons sufficient to destroy all Mankind and Earth... The primary race on Earth is... the one being run between Scientology and the atomic bomb."

How many Scientologists read Hubbard's descriptions of Dianetics and Scientology as essential for Mankind's "Survival!" - and their own "Survival" - and thought, "Oh, Ron's using the 'Survival mechanism' to manipulate me" ?

Another example from 1950 Dianetics is the "ally computation." Someone comes out of the blue and helps another person, helps the other person in some way or other. The "help" could be indifferently offered, or insincerely offered, but if the needy person regards it as aiding in his "Survival!" (or well being, or the alleviation of pain or the attainment of pleasure or relief), then (so the theory goes) the "ally" mechanism is in place and in effect. For example, an uncle, who may not be a particularly nice fellow, gets his little nephew a glass of water when that nephew is sick in bed and thirsty. The uncle (in the mind of the little nephew) becomes an "ally," and the uncle become identified with "Survival!"

Now, who would have thought that "Mankind's Greatest Friend," on whom the "Survival!" of Mankind, and the "Survival!" of each person (Scientologists, through Ron's "Bridge") depended, would use the "ally computation" and the "Survival mechanism" in order to deceive, manipulate, and exploit? Nah, that could never happen.

However, it did happen, and not only years later, but sometimes the same day, or previous to Hubbard mentioning a deceptive, manipulative or destructive mechanism or tactic.

But it was disguised, and so wasn't recognized. Hubbard's warnings about the race between Dianetics or/and Scientology and the atomic bomb were regarded by Scientologists as warnings by their, and Mankind's, #1 "ally," L. Ron Hubbard. Who amongst Scientologists suspected? Yet, the warning noted above - from 1956 - was less than a year after Hubbard had published, and distributed, his fake "Russian Psychopolitics textbook" http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg (which of course denounced Dianetics), a "textbook" that, amongst the haughty "Russian Commie"-sounding rhetoric, and references to psychiatrists practicing lurid sex with their (unconscious) patients, "Pain-Drug-Hypnosis," shock treatment, lobotomies, etc., was a compendium of enemy ("Russian Communist") ideas and practices for "asserting and maintaining dominion over thoughts and loyalties."

From Hubbard's "Russian Textbook":

"The failure of Psychopolitics might well bring about the atomic bombing of the Motherland. The psychopolitical operative must succeed for his success means world peace... The end thoroughly justifies the means."

Even "Survival!" - used to manipulate - was mentioned in the fake "Russian Textbook":

"It is pointed out in many early Russian writings that this is a survival mechanism. It [the "Survival!" mechanism] has already been well and thoroughly used in the survival of Communism."

Hubbard's 1955 "Russian Textbook" was loaded with manipulative and exploitative ideas and practices, many of which were being used on Scientologists themselves - used on them by their "Greatest Friend" and ally, L. Ron Hubbard - ideas and practices which were, ultimately, from the 1960s onward, formally incorporated, by Hubbard, into Scientology doctrine and practice.

Yet, who suspected? Yet, it was right there. And because it was right there it was unthinkable.

Sindy

Crusader
Very astute observation. Possibly the most interesting, single, bundle of ideas and methodologies that Hubbard was using, or was going to use, on his own followers, appeared in his (anonymously written) 'Russian textbook on Pyscho-Politics' of 1955. (Originally written as a black propaganda gimmick.) However, examples can be found throughout Dianetics and Scientology.

This is such an excellent post. Thank you. :goodposting::thumbsup:

Sindy

Crusader
Veda

I would like to call for a complete Cult-Stripping, Hubbard-Stripping Thread lead by Veda. An, "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Hubbard and Scientology but Were Afraid to Ask." thread. Veda could choose a panel of 3 or 4 of the most knowledgeable people. Everyone could just ask away. Maybe stuff would be duplicative having been covered elsewhere but so what. Then all could be on a single thread and put in the category as a must for all "Newbies". Well, this is my dream anyway. :) as somehow I feel all the answers are here on this board but I wouldn't know where to begin nor have the time to read through everything to get there (though I would learn a lot about boobs if I did :coolwink:)

P.S. That, of course, is if Veda would be so inclined. :)

ExB.S.O.

Patron
Yes Veda that is an excellent post. I forgot about the brainwashing manual that hubbard wrote, which is in my opinion his confession of sorts. I had a copy of it in my possession when I was on staff but it was one the things I left behind when I blew. I wish I had it still so I could analyze it in depth. It was given to me by our Fbo she got it when she was at saint hill in the 60s it was part of her training for going on finance missions back then. I never got a chance to completely read it.

Veda

Sponsor
Yes Veda that is an excellent post. I forgot about the brainwashing manual that hubbard wrote, which is in my opinion his confession of sorts. I had a copy of it in my possession when I was on staff but it was one the things I left behind when I blew. I wish I had it still so I could analyze it in depth. It was given to me by our Fbo she got it when she was at saint hill in the 60s it was part of her training for going on finance missions back then. I never got a chance to completely read it.

Cover of the 1955 'Brainwashing Manual' http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg , and 1955 text: http://www.apfn.org/pdf/The_Brainwashing_Manual.pdf

2001 'Brainwashing Manual Parallels in Scientology', a.k.a. 'Revisiting the Textbook on Psycho-politics' (See link at bottom of post for 2001 text.)

Contents

Examining the 'Brainwashing Manual' with the purpose of better understanding Scientology 4

Introduction: A Brief Outline of Scientology Doctrine, Public and Confidential 6

"White Scientology" - The Battle Tactics Doctrine - Brainwashing Manual Tech - Scientology is Multi-layered - Exploiting the Positives: the Cheese in the Trap -

Background 9

Origin of the word "brainwashing." and of the "Russian Brainwashing Manual"
L. Ron Hubbard writing to Scientologists on the subject of the Brainwashing Manual
Departing briefly from the Manual: A look at private tactics later shared with insiders
A publicized statement
A private explanation
Hubbard vs. the "Asiatic Hordes"
Back to the Brainwashing Manual: Excerpts from Hubbard's third public statement on it
Kenneth Goff's 1956 version of the Manual
Scientology's "No-answer answers."

Excerpts from the Brainwashing Manual/Textbook on Psycho-politics 14

"Editorial Note": Hubbard. assuming the guise of the phantasmal "Charles Stickley"
"An Address by Beria": Hubbard, pretending to be Lavrenti Beria, chief of the Russian Secret Police
The Main Text of the Manual: Hubbard, masquerading as an arrogant Russian Brainwashing expert
"Pain-Drug-Hypnosis"

The Layers of The "Scientological Onion" http://exscn.net/content/view/178/105 17

Brainwashing Manual Parallels in Modern Scientology 19

Correspondences between the Brainwashing Manual and the Battle Tactics policy
On “Survival”
On Surviving the Atomic Bomb
On an individual Scientologist influencing leaders
Scientology is devious by design

Front Groups - Layer Zero of the “Scientological Onion.” 20

“It is not necessary that the term ‘Communism’ [Scientology] be applied at first…”

Layer One - The publicized portion of Scientology 23

“White Scientology”
Scenario: (An application of “White Scientology”)
“By reason alone”
Auditing

Descending into Layer Two of the “Onion”: The “In-Organization” Strata 27

“…[Scientology] under the guise of [‘White Scientology’]…”
Exploitation of the process of abreaction
Playing one thing off another or “counter-playing”
“Loaded language”: the seemingly enlightened “counter-played” with the manipulative
Tone 4, “entheta,” “theta,” Suppressive Person
The Thought Limiting clichés of Scientology
Publicized, “In-organization” and Confidential Scientology “Ethics”
“…aligning the individual against the desire not to conform…”
Side effects of “critical thoughts”
Dominion over the loyalties of individuals

Layer Three of the “Onion”: The Confidential “Upper Levels” of the “Bridge to Total Freedom” 33

“…avoid the understanding of the layman…”
Highest of the “upper levels” must remain a mystery to the membership
Operating Thetan or O.T.
Aleister Crowley, Head of the O.T.O.
O.T. III, The “Wall of Fire” into which Hubbard “took the plunge” to save Mankind
Exploitation of the paranormal

Layer Four: “…a well trained individual who serves in complete obedience…”
The Sea Organization, the Rehabilitation Project Force, and the Five Card System 36

The Sea Organization: “Custodians of the O.T. Levels”
“…the only loyalty which should exist… is to the State [Scientology].”
Sea Org Ethics under Commodore Hubbard on the Flagship
“Refusal to let them sleep over many days…”
The Rehabilitation Project Force
“Filthy food, little sleep, nearly untenable quarters…”
“…the first loyalty [to himself]… is destroyed…”
“Degradation and conquest…”
The children’s and teenagers’ RPF
“A certain amount of fear…”
The RPF’s RPF
The Five Card “Team Share” System
“The technologies of psycho-politics…”

Layer Five: Confidential Scientology Policy and Tech for “handling” uncooperative outsiders 46

The Fair Game policy and “philosophy”
“…find or manufacture enough threat…”
“Direct the attention of the authorities…”
Scientology’s unscrupulous use of the legal system
“We will no longer put up with our religion being criticized…”
Discourage inquiry
Defamatory data on file; “Culling”: Searching “religious confessional” (auditing) files for embarrassing or intimidating items
Background: The Commodore’s Intelligence Network
The policy of covert attack and publicized PR “defense lines”
Scientology’s Multi-layered Public Relations tech
Scientology Intelligence tech
Data collecting, and Attack or “support” Intelligence
Creating incidents that reflect badly on others
“Data needed by Ops on each located who”
Attack or “support” Intelligence - The Covert Ops study course and checklist
“Persons in his vicinity to whom he is emotionally involved…”
Coerce them into signing prepared “retractions” or “confessions”
Plenty of bogus “documentation”
One justification for unscrupulous covert methods
Treatment of VIPs and celebrities
Goal of talking over “mental health” and “political guidance”
Full knowledge of Intelligence tech must be denied to the general membership
“Deception, chicanery, lying, manipulation and outright criminality”
“She over there, those pink legs sticking out, didn’t like me”
Scientologists believe in a planet-wide conspiracy against L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology
The Scientology Hierarchy

Layer Six: The Core of the “Scientological Onion” 69

“…virtually a pathological liar…egotism… lust for power, and vindictiveness…”
“We must be like the vine upon the tree…”
The elusive “1000 page” official L. Ron Hubbard biography
“It’s a trap not being able to prevaricate”
Conscience as an “impediment”
The L. Ron Hubbard Fan(atic) club

Epilogue 74

Freeing the Positives

Addendum 76

"Dr. Hubbard's" FBI letters written concurrent with the appearance of the Brainwashing Manual 77

L. Ron Hubbard assumes the identity of Dr. Hubbard Ph.D DD - Patriotic Concerned Citizen
Letter of 29 July 1955
From a letter dated 7 September

A further look at Scientology's Covert Intelligence Tech 79

"Categories of Data Needing Coding"
A glimpse at a covert operation, and of public strata "policy" used as a cover for applied covert policy
An example of public strata "policy" used as "cover" - this time used on Scientologists by Scientology
"Ops Planning"
What to "Vet" or delete from sensitive internal messages that may be scrutinized by outsiders

Bibliography 82

Notes 87 (All 'Brainwashing Manual' quotes listed numerically - by chapter - for easy reference.)

L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?, 2nd edition:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0942637577/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-0654802-4263319

2001, Brainwashing Manual Parallels in Scientology:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/ambry1.html

Hope this helps.

Gadfly

Crusader

You can find copies easily on the Internet. Just do a Google search for "russian psychopolitics".

What is sort of amazing is that many conspiracy types (visible on the Net) have taken the booklet, determined it to be the "real thing" (actually written by Russians), and have used it as an example of the "anti-Christ" and aspects of the push towards a New World Order. The booklet has been assumed by many to be "genuine", and then various people "react" or "respond" to it based on his or her world view (for instance right-wing Christian conspiracy nutters refer to the booklet as an example of "communism", "psychiatry", "mind control" and other aspects of the supposed drive towards a one world government).

In a similar way, the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" may have been a counterfeit too, NOT written by who it appears to be written by, and then used to make it seem as if there is/was a "Jewish" conspiracy to "rule the world". What a strange game - creating things that appear to be something they are not, and made to appear to be authored by someone other than who REALLY wrote them. Psyops at its best! Molding reality and its perception to dupe the gullible! Aren't modern times just wonderful????? :whistling:

When I first read the Brainwashing booklet back in about 1975 (when copies were available at my Class 4 org), it seemed obvious to me the Hubbard wrote it, though no staff or public would venture that suggestion. I have two original copies tucked away somewhere.

Hubbard did with that booklet what OSA continues to do so well:

FABRICATE PHONY REALITIES TO MANIPULATE BEHAVIOR OF SOME TARGET AUDIENCE

Example: Paulette Cooper setup

Hubbard wanted to give psychiatry a bad name, and what better way in the 50's to do it that than attach the idea of the psychiatric profession to "communism". Hubbard played on multiple levels. I suspect that he truly "believed" that psychiatry was "bad", and to him, since psychiatry was "evil", why not just fabricate more ammunition to shoot the beast that was already wild and needing of taking down anyways (psychiatry).

I remember reading the booklet, and also reading a few books on Chinese brain-washing techniques back then, and even as a fairly "devoted Scio", it was clear and obvious to me that Scientology FUNCTIONED EXACTLY LIKE MIND CONTROL, even if it was not actually designed or intended to function that way. But, that it DOES function that way was/is quite obvious (to me).

At that point in my Scn career, I wanted to believe that there still was a valid "soul" to the subject, even if the organization and reality of Scn behavior was often quite corrupt, and quite contradictory to the lofty ideals and claims of the "codes" and stated "purposes".

To this day, I really have no clue whether Hubbard designed it all to function as a "soul collector", or if he was sincere (though flawed in many other ways), and it just turned out that way. But it doesn't matter. Scientology continually BEHAVES and can be observed to function in a way that involves tremendous mental manipulation and control (through agreements and beliefs).

Hubby Dub may have been right - the only person who can trap yourself is yourself. He actually spelled it out quite clearly. And then, while telling us that, delineating the exact truth on the matter of entrapment, he turns around, smiling the entire time, and successfully traps us all through a gradient accumulation of Scn-related ideas, agreements and beliefs!

Just like Timothy Leary may have actually been a government asset, used to infiltrate and conduct drug experiments with possible intelligence service benefits ("the perfect spy"), so possibly, in a similar way, was Hubbard's game too. And, the top dogs in the world wide conspiracy towards One World, continue to collect and observe the results of Hubbard's grand social experiment. Just think how them "world controllers" will use all they learned from Scientology control when they apply all that they have assembled to future planetary manipulation and control? *

Or, maybe not . . . . . :confused2:

* I am glad that I don't read "that" stuff anymore!!!! (conspiracy theories) :nervous:

Last edited:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
oy

No, it isn't. The supposed "cognition" is that one is continually creating it in present time, "I am mocking it up" and not "I have mocked it up."

There's an entire thread devoted to the Clear Cog.

Paul

Yeah...I had that cog. The fucked up thing was that I didn't believe/do it until I read Dianetics. And so...I went down the 'whole track' and invented when I first created it to believe that was when I was first creating it, and now was still creating it; because noticing I had created it while reading Dianetics would have invalidated the whole fucking thing. Wasn't quite ready to admit I had been that stupid at that point. Now, I admit to my stupidity. Shit, unless I really was a last-life clear, or natural clear, it's crap...I created the fuck out of that "reactive mind" while reading Book 1. I have an insanely vivid imagination....I can create a hell of a lot of stuff--hate that I got convinced by Hubscum to 'create' a 'bank'.

ExB.S.O.

Patron
Thank you Veda. I downloaded the pdf file. I can analyze it in-depth now. I read the first few pages and to me it was so obvious that Hubbard wrote it. The way he praises dianetics should make anyone familiar with his work realize that there is no way some commie wrote it. once again thanks for the links and your analysis it is much appreciated.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The *first* edition praises Dianetics (as the enemy of brainwashing.)

The *next* one replaces Dianetics with Scientology :)

Zinj

ExB.S.O.

Patron
Gadfly I agree it seems obvious it was penned by hubbard. Now that I have started to reread it I remember when I first read it I asked the Fbo that gave it to me if it was Hubbard that wrote it and she was appalled that I would suggest such a thing. It fits well with your opinion on conspiracy theories floating around the net. But I love reading those theories it fuels my desire for knowledge. I have found many theories that were in line with some of the things that Hubbard stated about history and the whole track. Maybe that was why I got involved in scientology in the first place because I thought it aligned wig some of the other things that I had read. I guess that just goes to show that I was duped and wanted so badly to believe that it was true and as a result became blind to the manipulation being orchestrated in front of my face .