What's new

My current opinion of Marty

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Right now, I've lost what little patience I've had for Marty.

First, Marty's strategy is to blame everything on DM, and absolve LRH and the "Tech" of all responsibility. Marty is promoting the line that everything was fine in Scientology and the Tech until DM took over. That is not only an intentionally intellectually dishonest crock of shit, it is harmful.

Marty completely ignores and conceals the fact that the "Ethics" tech re: disconnection, SPs, DBs, abortions, "noisy investigations," "TR-Lie," "dead agent packs," etc., all originated with LRH. That all of the Guardian Office and Office of Special Affairs secret directives originated with LRH.

Secondly, Marty's only target is DM. As in his Noise post, he discourages, belittles, denigrates and questions the motives of those, including their attorneys, who would seek justice from the organization of the Church of Scientology. It is really something to see him criticize attorneys as "gold digging shysters" in one post, only to praise Earle Cooley in another.

Marty will never:
  1. criticize or acknowledge anything wrong in LRH originated Tech;
  2. acknowledge any wrongdoing by the Church of Scientology that he can't blame on, and only on, DM; or
  3. acknowledge any weaknesses, much less evil, in LRH originated Tech.

In that, he resembles many (not all) "Independent" Scientologists and Feezoners.

I don't think I've personally known (not merely known of) such a large group of apologists for evil, of rationalizers, of excuse makers. Given the sycophantic reception Marty is receiving on his board, I guess he fits right in.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You could be right.

But he provides a good rallying point for people newly out of the CofS, or daring to think of maybe becoming newly out.

It takes quite a while — years — to examine and evaluate all the ins and outs of Hubbard, Scientology, the CofS, and all the different individuals involved and their contributions to the scene from before 1950 to the present and the future too.

Paul

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
You could be right.

But he provides a good rallying point for people newly out of the CofS, or daring to think of maybe becoming newly out.

It takes quite a while — years — to examine and evaluate all the ins and outs of Hubbard, Scientology, the CofS, and all the different individuals involved and their contributions to the scene from before 1950 to the present and the future too.

Paul

I agree. And, If Marty thinks what he is doing is so right. Why now come here, to this MB and state his facts.

I agree. And, If Marty thinks what he is doing is so right. Why now come here, to this MB and state his facts.

Marty would get eaten alive in a uncensored/unfiltered forum like this, the little fella is better off jacking off his delusional followers on his blog ... while they are still stupid enough not to see what they are dealing with.

hartley

Patron with Honors
The Church of Scientology has been around for fifty years. During that time, it has become evil.

Iraq was like that, after decades of rule by an evil dictator. Naive politicians thought that all had to do was defeat the dictator's army and his grateful liberated victims would head for the polling booths to elect themselves a democracy. Instead, they armed themselves and started killing each other, because living with evil had taught them that anyone who disagreed with you was an Enemy, that violence solved problems.

Clearing out the Scientology cesspit is not going easy, clean or pleasant. If anyone believes otherwise they are being just as naive as, well, the majority of people who thank goodness don't encounter evil in their everyday lives.

I fully expected something like Martyology to appear as the evil organisation began to fall apart. There will be those, blind to reality, who will insist on staying in the pit or even digging new ones. There will be sheep looking around for new leaders. As in Iraq, some will even turn on their rescuers and attack them. This is not aberration, it is part of being human - some of us get it wrong.

And that's my rant for the day done.

The Church of Scientology has been around for fifty years. During that time, it has become evil.

Iraq was like that, after decades of rule by an evil dictator. Naive politicians thought that all had to do was defeat the dictator's army and his grateful liberated victims would head for the polling booths to elect themselves a democracy. Instead, they armed themselves and started killing each other, because living with evil had taught them that anyone who disagreed with you was an Enemy, that violence solved problems.

Clearing out the Scientology cesspit is not going easy, clean or pleasant. If anyone believes otherwise they are being just as naive as, well, the majority of people who thank goodness don't encounter evil in their everyday lives.

I fully expected something like Martyology to appear as the evil organisation began to fall apart. There will be those, blind to reality, who will insist on staying in the pit or even digging new ones. There will be sheep looking around for new leaders. As in Iraq, some will even turn on their rescuers and attack them. This is not aberration, it is part of being human - some of us get it wrong.

And that's my rant for the day done.

That's true some people were born to be followers , it probably doesn't mstter to much to them who they are following be it Hubbard, Miscavige, Douchebag Marty, or any other con man who happens to come alone , as long as someone is willing to do the thinking for them.

byte301

Crusader
This whole thing is reminding me of Stephen King's novel, The Stand.

I say we're in Boulder. Marty and his minions are in Las Vegas.

Boulder guys win. :coolwink:

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
It's very obvious that Marty wants the broken pieces and money left over after scio falls apart. He would be evil dictator number 3.
LRH DM MR: different initials, same crap.

Last edited:

anon2487

Patron with Honors
[EDIT: Sorry for any duplication that's occurred, whilst I was typing this.]

It's been said before by numerous people, but I think it's absolutely true, and there's reasonable evidence to support it:

Marty Rathbun absolutely wants to take over the "Church."

Whilst he clearly wants to avoid prosecution, I don't believe that he's fearful of it, I think he's too arrogant for that. What he really fears is irreparable damage being done to the CofS itself (and no doubt it's bank accounts too). :eyeroll:

There can only be one plausible reason for this...

[Because of how busy things are atm, I'm not gonna waste time looking for the direct links, so I'll just link to one very telling post. Other people will likely remember most of the other stuff anyway.]

[In (very) rough chronological order.]

• Larry Brennan posts in a casual response to someone on WWP (I think), about having been approached by a group of people looking to stage a coup, and take back the Church. His response was that he had no interest, as in his opinion there was nothing worth saving. It *may well* not have been Marty and co., as Larry didn't say, but I'd say there's a more than even chance that it was.

• Marty enters the scene on ESMB, emphasising that he WON'T be speaking to the FBI.

• "T. Paine" [who the CofS claims is Marty, (no idea either way, though the style of writing's certainly VERY similar; at the very least it's undoubtedly "Marty Approved")] posts the following Message to OT's :

"...If you don’t act soon and help those that are determined to change things for the better, between governments and greedy lawyers the issue may be taken out of our hands and there might not be much left when the dust settles. Government departments are slow to act but when they get going they are hard to stop..."

• When praising various people on his blog (I think some of the new "Independents,") one of the things that he specifically praised at least one of them for, was not going to the authorities/enemies of the Church at a time when many others might.

• Oh yup, and then obviously the recent "Noise" blog post, and his subsequent refusal to be specific about the people he was clearly referring to.

Lots more instances, but I'm sure ya get ma drift.

Any damage he does cause, I think in his mind, is simply a necessary evil to discredit DM, increase dissent within the Church (dissent that he no doubt hopes will bolster his "independent movement,") whilst in the medium term, building a degree of credibility with the SO. [What current SOrger is not gonna be quietly pleased to know that Marty assisted the Headley's in obtaining full and proper compensation for their work?]

Based on everything I've seen, I think that Marty's idealised plan, was/is to create a strong external Scientology movement (preferably with celeb endorsement), pressure key financial supporters of the "Church" to join his side, and create a situation sufficient that he's able to offer DM an "offer he can't refuse": a quiet retirement abroad (no doubt with a well laden golden parachute), or face certain criminal prosecution. [I think this is the ONLY circumstance in which he'd choose to see DM prosecuted.]

[ALL of the above is based on public comments made either by Marty himself, or his closest supporters.]

FWIW, when I first saw the SP Times vidz, whilst I was convinced that he wanted to take over the Church. I was also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and actively argued for a bit of tolerance for him on WWP.

However, the only way I can seem changing now, is if external forces cause some dramatic change.

Having said all that, I don't see any reason to attack him either. It's certain that he will at least pull some people out of the "Church," will (hopefully) maintain his commitment to assist the Headley's in court, and is definitely a MAJOR thorn in DM's side. There are also a couple of things that would stop him dead in his tracks in the unlikely event that his plan was ever successful.

My personal hope is that what Geir is doing will lay the groundwork for the future of Scientology (the subject), as I think that he's a genuinely decent person, with no ulterior motives, who would never support the kind of criminality that's defined the CofS to date. [Yes, I know he's not a leader, nor probably wants to be one, but if his board is successful, then his attitudes, integrity, and general aims will inevitably help set the tone for what follows.]

Last edited:
It's very obvious that Marty wants the broken pieces and money left over after scio falls apart. He would be evil dictator number 3.
LRH DM MR: different initials, same crap.

Marty tried to make it on the outside for a few years and quickly realized he possesses no marketable skills other than working people over in a cult

Marty intimately knows that Hubbard's con game creates an awful lot of suckers who are willing to part with their money if you play them just right. so he came out against his mentor David Miscavige to the shake the tree and see what fruits would fall his way ... and when I say fruits I meant that both figuratively and literally