What's new

my dad took us all in and we had no choices

CJR

My dad took my mum in when she was dead young. Then he got her working for the scientologists and as usual he bummed around. I remember being fed toast always and nothing else hardly and he wouldn’t get a job, kept thinking he was gonna be a star. He complained when he had to look after us when mum was at work.
When mum had enough of his bumming we left and he didn’t keep in touch or want us. After he dumped us he got another woman and her kid and got her to work for the scientologists as well, what a scuz. And had another kid,one he seemed to like for a while but then he dumped them as well, prob’ly because she wanted him to work for a change like mum did.
And now hes got another wife, one who is about my age, thats sick and he is a nutter. I suppose he makes her work for him now and he thinks hes still young I s'pose yeah right.

I have lots of memories of him and not good ones. He doesn’t care about any of his kids,just about himself. He thinks he is god, maybe he thinks he is hubbard reincarnated and can keep wrecking like Hubbard did. I am young but not rotten like him and wouldn’t treat people like he does. Why do nice people fall for the scientology shit and for people like him when he convinces them he is mr wonderful. Why don’t people see through them . It makes me so mad when I see what he has done but when I hear from others who came out of scientology and read things on here its pretty obvious that they teach you to not care about people and treat your kids like shit and why would people agree to do that.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Hiya CJ and :welcome:

Realise you are not alone, cult has a long history of family destruction and lack of basic humanity/decency.

It is terrible you have endured this but I think you have come to the right place, please vent away, you will be heard.

Oh, and stories! We loves stories!:yes:

cadet

Patron
I understand and agree with everything you have said. I was born into it as well.

Learn from your dad, he is worse off than you are. You will be a better person. Be kind and loving to children yourself. Use your highly developed bullshit detector to call it when you see it.

There are a lot of stupid people in the world, a large amount of them fell for Scientology. Be happy you are not one of them.

Sindy

Crusader
images

My dad took off on his 3 kids (me and my brother and sister) when I was 5 and my sister was just a small baby. He abandoned us, never paid any child support or alimony. He then went on to continue to have children with other women and not take responsibility for them either.

He was not a Scientologist. Some people are just creeps. Then, when you add Scientology to the mix, well....

I learned how not to treat others and very, very much love my step father who I see as my real father because he did "real father" things, like stick around.

The world is full of heartache and love. I choose love. :) :hug:

CJR

Thank you people here for making me feel a bit better and knowing some of you have got same memories.
Yo Synthia maybe we have the same drop out dad. they sound like dregs dont they, were better off without them you are right. I think mine was rotten before scientology but the cult made him worse and he beleves in his own importance like he is the only one what matters.
Its hard because I cant talk to mates because they wouldnt understand and also I feel ashamed even though it was him that was wrong not me. Its nice to be here with all of you.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Welcome CJR and thank you for writing your story. I am sorry for the hurt your dad caused you. Please know that I went through this too, and my father went on to have at least four other children with different women that I only discovered in the last few years. He too never paid a penny to my mum, and took absolutely no responsibility for his children at all. I sympathise. Please feel safe to talk. There is a lot of support and love here for you. :heartflower:

Don't feel ashamed CJR, you didn't pick your Dad, and you are among friends here, who understand how bad Scientology families can be...
Children are not responsible for the abuses or neglect by their parents, ever. It wasn't your fault.

Welcome to the board, I'm so glad that you joined us! :happydance:

welcome.gif

My dad took my mum in when she was dead young. Then he got her working for the scientologists and as usual he bummed around. I remember being fed toast always and nothing else hardly and he wouldn’t get a job, kept thinking he was gonna be a star. He complained when he had to look after us when mum was at work.
When mum had enough of his bumming we left and he didn’t keep in touch or want us. After he dumped us he got another woman and her kid and got her to work for the scientologists as well, what a scuz. And had another kid,one he seemed to like for a while but then he dumped them as well, prob’ly because she wanted him to work for a change like mum did.
And now hes got another wife, one who is about my age, thats sick and he is a nutter. I suppose he makes her work for him now and he thinks hes still young I s'pose yeah right.

I have lots of memories of him and not good ones. He doesn’t care about any of his kids,just about himself. He thinks he is god, maybe he thinks he is hubbard reincarnated and can keep wrecking like Hubbard did. I am young but not rotten like him and wouldn’t treat people like he does. Why do nice people fall for the scientology shit and for people like him when he convinces them he is mr wonderful. Why don’t people see through them . It makes me so mad when I see what he has done but when I hear from others who came out of scientology and read things on here its pretty obvious that they teach you to not care about people and treat your kids like shit and why would people agree to do that.

welcome cjr. glad you stopped in and i hope you get get some good out of us. tell me, how old are you?

if anyone suggests you might try forgiving your father pay heed for it can be good medicine for you.

nice people who take an interest in dianetics and scientology and have some character to back it up always remain nice people. and, oddly enough, often wind up taking tougher shots from ethics than the flashdance flammers like your father

CJR

what is a flashdance flammer? sorry I dont know all the phrases here. sounds bad and if it is then that discribes my dad. I reckon he was bad before scientology,they just brought out the worst in him and made him think that it was ok to treat people badly but like synthia said there are some people who are just bad parents anyway.when i read some stories here i think i was a lucky one. i have got stories and one day soon i will put them on here and that might help other kids who knows.

what is a flashdance flammer? sorry I dont know all the phrases here. sounds bad and if it is then that discribes my dad. I reckon he was bad before scientology,they just brought out the worst in him and made him think that it was ok to treat people badly but like synthia said there are some people who are just bad parents anyway.when i read some stories here i think i was a lucky one. i have got stories and one day soon i will put them on here and that might help other kids who knows.

flashdance flammer is just something i came up with off the cuff. your dad sounds like one. lacking such checks an balances as an independent judiciary the flammers can stick it to the squares. so tell me. how old are you?

smartone

My Own Boss
Welcome CJR!

It's not your fault your dad was like that so don't feel ashamed.

I bet you're a happier person than he is.

Looking forward to your story. :)

CJR

Thanx smartone for the welcome. I prob'ly will be happier than him,he has nothing still and made a F*** up of his life but I wont do that. Yeah I get it commander I am young but that doesnt mean I havent been through pain like everyone else because of scientology and even if my real dad was always a loser without scientology they helped him to ditch everyone as well and not care about anyone.i have read some stories here and people seem to have made themselfs sucesful but he didnt but thats more about him being a lazy t*** I s'pose.I have some real bad memories of those days but got a good stepdad now.im trying to put some stories here when i can.

johnAnchovie

Still raging

Hello CJR, well, lots of men, and I am a man, so I know, are just self centered, self indulgent pricks. My dad was a nutter as well and I have traced my path from a normalish person to a Hubbard worshiper to my childish need to get him to be a dad, not a wanker. He was metally ill, but I still think he could have got over himsself and saved me and my sisters and brothers an awful lot of grief. Course he went and died on us, killed himself. Selfish to the last he was. Thanks dad.

You will find some kind of healing, you sound like a strong person. So many people rise above horrible parenting and become good and caring parents and positive influences in their communities, some don't but I am always encouraged by those that do.

Keep strong, you will find losts of support here and maybe some answers.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I remember learning in $cientology that if you ended up with bad parents, that you had to take respnsibilty for it, as you you "chose" them (when you were hanging around without a body like).:unsure:
I remember hearing that "thetans" would hang around hosptitals, as that is where women are giving birth etc.:ohmy:
I also remember feeling invalidated in that, as I was not happy about the family and parents I was born into.:yes:
You basically always learn that it is really all YOUR fault in $cientology

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board CJR and Hello,

I had one of the most nuttiest upbringings you could ever imagine and yes bring Scientology into it and it don't get much more crazier than that.

Unfortunately a lot of men think with their dicks and not their minds and heart, which is kinda funny if you think about it, especially as Scientology is a philosophy of the mind.Trouble was it was all about L. Ron Hubbard's mind not anyone else's.

Keep telling your story, I never really thought it would help me, but it has.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Last edited:

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
I remember learning in $cientology that if you ended up with bad parents, that you had to take respnsibilty for it, as you you "chose" them (when you were hanging around without a body like).:unsure:
I remember hearing that "thetans" would hang around hosptitals, as that is where women are giving birth etc.:ohmy:
I also remember feeling invalidated in that, as I was not happy about the family and parents I was born into.:yes:
You basically always learn that it is really all YOUR fault in $cientology

Hello xseaorg,
What kind of crap is that to teach young kids! The mind, that's the reactive mind boggles. :dizzy:

It is not YOUR fault!But, yes that is what you are taught to believe.