What's new

My Descent into FanatIcism and the Hard Climb Out

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
They issued them to you? And the boots? That's great!

Tell me, were the boots done in some kind of silver shoe polish, and did you ever re-apply any? How about the helmet, did they ever need touch-ups?

I'd so love to see a picture of someone wearing that outfit.

Sounds like a nifty Halloween outfit. Enough to scare the B'jesus out of people.

Once I got out of the cult and began following my dreams and interests I was a big fan of Chorus Line which was the big rage back then. It inspired me to take dance classes. I always liked to dance anyways but I wanted to learn how to dance like the actors in the play/movie. I also wanted a gold lame` tuxedo to wear for Halloween. Yeah, I have dorky tendencies. lol. I found a seamstress but couldn't find the gold lame` so I ended up using silver. All this talk about silver outfits made me remember this. Maybe I was a Loyal Officer and was actually dramatizing Incident Two? LOLOLOL

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I encountered the same thing. You had good people, and you had psychopaths. On staff, you would often see the latter go into jobs like regging and management, where a lack of empathy, a willingness to make people do stuff in order to get your stat, would be an asset.

Good people are motivated by a desire to help people. What do you offer a psychopath in order to keep him on staff? You offer money (reg commissions), the power to inflict suffering on people, and the ability to take sexual advantage of public and staff(as long as you keep your stats high enough that you maintain "ethics protection").

I noticed while in the cult, particularly near the end of my "sentence" that members either went north or south. When the 1982-83 shit hit the fan and upper management reared it's ugly head, either people left for a multitude of reasons or they became psychopathic, i.e. took on dm/hubbards mental illness. It was disheartening to see respected friends get declared and other friends become storm troopers. I always wondered why some saw the light and others went to the dark side.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who are those people? Let's annoy them some more!
:thumbsup::biggrin::coolwink::yes::omg:

((Rmack had said: "I know emoticons annoy some people..." and then added :party: :party:

I agree, Jim and Wild Cat! :grouphug: :clap::hattip::dance3::roflmao::party::arose::love11:

and

:bow: :hysterical:

Tory/Magoo

PS: Sooooooooooo happy to took my advice, Jim. Didn't I tell ya they are great? :)
:thankyou: again for sharing your stories, and :thankyou: to the ESMB gang~!! :cheers:

Last edited:

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron

((Wild cat had said: "I know emoticons annoy some people..." and then added :party: :party:

I agree, Jim and Wild Cat! :grouphug: :clap::hattip::dance3::roflmao::party::arose::love11:

and

Tory/Magoo

PS: Sooooooooooo happy to took my advice, Jim. Didn't I tell ya they are great? :)
:thankyou: again for sharing your stories, and :thankyou: to the ESMB gang~!! :cheers:

Girl, in my book you have earned the right to do anydamnthing you want. Super star, well right you are! :coolwink:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
OMG! Tory, you're a superstar. I just found that you have a Wiki page!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tory_Christman

This WIKI page has an interesting story, ODB:

For years a person who shall remain anonymous would call me,asking me various information about C of $.
I would weekly help this person understand various things that were going on, and why.

Also, someone created a Wikipedia Web site for myself, and during this time I watched it, and other various
$cientology critical sites being "covertly edited" in a very negative way.

So I brought this up to this person. Finally after so many years, he called to tell me:
"Wikipedia is going to do an investigation on Scientology and would like you on the panel" :omg:
I said "No---because IF the panel decides Scientology IS covertly editing it, they will blame
it on myself, the "SP" and thus it cannot be true. :eyeroll:

Thus, I suggested they do it, without me. :yes:

The findings came out, and C of $ is "Banned from ever editing Wikipedia" And it's in their DVD
on How to Use Wikipedia ....in the middle of it is a

HUGE X
"SCIENTOLOGY/BANNED FOREVER FROM EDITING!"

FTR: I spoke with the creators of this DVD and asked them
how it was being received? They said: "It's now in just about every College, Most HS's,
and now Gradeschools are asking for it". This is BAD PR for the Cult~~!!

My page by this time had gone from a full page, down to about 1 paragraph.
I said to my friend who I had helped FOR YEARS: "Ok, YOU know how to fix my page, I do not.
Will you please do so?". (I honestly thought he'd turn one paragraph into two or three. I was shocked
to see what a full page he created with references and all~!

I was shocked at how cool the page turned out (except for a few 'facts' that are not quite correct).
The majority is spot on.:clap: :thankyou: to the person who fixed this, and to you for mentioning it. :)

Thursday stats for you all?: :bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

:scnsucks::scnsucks::scnsucks::scnsucks::scnsucks:

And OSA? "dave" TICK TOCK TICK TOCK: Time IS on **our** side~~!!:thumbsup::coolwink::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
I noticed while in the cult, particularly near the end of my "sentence" that members either went north or south. When the 1982-83 shit hit the fan and upper management reared it's ugly head, either people left for a multitude of reasons or they became psychopathic, i.e. took on dm/hubbards mental illness. It was disheartening to see respected friends get declared and other friends become storm troopers. I always wondered why some saw the light and others went to the dark side.

I don't know how it was for the SO in 82-83 but the Mission Holders Conference and Finance Police raids were unbelievably brutal. I still can't face the emotion of some of the betrayal by people who had been my friends for years. The catharsis I have felt in the last 3 months has helped immeasurably and in the last week since Jim started this thread has been the best of all. Three months ago it was all about Going Clear and Tony & Paulette and that was right and proper. Things started to lag it seemed and there was too much sniping and infighting and I don't exclude myself in that.

Right now there are 4 lively and fun/informative threads going. This one, funny scn stories, the good life thread and cars,bars and guitars (immodestly a thread I started). There are many smart and funny posters on all 4 and no fighting!!!!!!Yay. Come by or stay here. I like visiting here so I will definitely be by. Check out the others too. It's fun. And if it isn't fun it isn't J & Dology.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jim Faust

Patron with Honors

((Rmack had said: "I know emoticons annoy some people..." and then added :party: :party:

and

Tory/Magoo

I've been having a blast! Thanks Tory!!!

Jim Faust

Patron with Honors
I don't know how it was for the SO in 82-83 but the Mission Holders Conference and Finance Police raids were unbelievably brutal. I still can't face the emotion of some of the betrayal by people who had been my friends for years. The catharsis I have felt in the last 3 months has helped immeasurably and in the last week since Jim started this thread has been the best of all. Three months ago it was all about Going Clear and Tony & Paulette and that was right and proper. Things started to lag it seemed and there was too much sniping and infighting and I don't exclude myself in that.

Right now there are 4 lively and fun/informative threads going. This one, funny scn stories, the good life thread and cars,bars and guitars (immodestly a thread I started). There are many smart and funny posters on all 4 and no fighting!!!!!!Yay. Come by or stay here. I like visiting here so I will definitely be by. Check out the others too. It's fun. And if it isn't fun it isn't J & Dology.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Im so glad. This Forum has been really wonderful. So many insightful, hilarious, brilliant, and caring people here! I found a place to tell my stories, with so much welcome and comprehension, and with so many great comments that augmented my comprehension, while also offering conviviality. If that experience has also added to the Forum and made things better for your experience, I'm overjoyed.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Im so glad. This Forum has been really wonderful. So many insightful, hilarious, brilliant, and caring people here! I found a place to tell my stories, with so much welcome and comprehension, and with so many great comments that augmented my comprehension, while also offering conviviality. If that experience has also added to the Forum and made things better for your experience, I'm overjoyed.

Yep, on ESMB the good ones keep it fun & keep it going !