What's new

My Escape From the Int Base...

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From John Peeler (BTs2free) on OCMB:http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=28150

----------------------------
Just when you thought you heard the last of it all...

Things were not going well for John Peeler at the Int Base.

After 10, actually more years of dedicated service to Scientology, I had worked my way up through the rank to become an MAA at the Int Base - in fact Chief MAA Gold and then DePTSer of the entire base. For several years, at least 5, I was responsible for ensuring that no staff member on the base was PTS - including RTC personnel.

Do you know what that means?

I had access to all of the ethics files and PC folders of everyone on the Int Base, except for David Miscavige and Shelley (that was just part of the rules).

When I look back on all of this though, the difference between myself, and that goon Security Guard that you see in the Youtube videos, is that I actually cared for people and thought that I could help them out in their personal lives. My intention was not to keep them there if they wanted to leave, but to help them see why they should stay. In fact, my job was probably more dangerous than the average Joe Security Guard because my love was legitimate and would keep someone in the fold longer because of how real it was.

Regardless of all that, things got pretty bad for Peeler.

After a decade of being split away from his family (with literally only a week or two of visiting time with them in all), and after 4 years of being seperated from his wife (who was an RTC Rep at Flag - all the way across the freakin' country), John Peeler got busted from the Int TTC based on fabricated lies by Marty Rathbun in a report to David Miscavige which became the subject of an all Int Base briefing.

John Peeler after being an Int Base freakin' hero for years, now become low-life scum bag overnight, assigned to heavy labor and sec-checking for 6 months. (Mind you, this is now in a condition of being restricted to the base at OGH, behind razor wire fences with motion detectors, Security Guards and watch dogs.)

The sick part about this is that I still wanted to stay! I felt that the entire freakin' universe depended on what we did and what I did personally in Scientology to make it happen wold wide. All based on KSW Series 1.

After getting through this program, Peeler was assigned to the Galley with another mate named Winston Mellor. Our first assignment was to scrub out the galley dumpsters with green scrubbies (the kind you do your dishes with) until they were spottless.

Then, Peeler was assigned to being the Cleaner for the Mess Hall (Masacre Canyon Inn) and the restrooms. Basically, I was a Janitor and toilet scrubber.

Daily, executives from the base would pick fights with me and tell me that they were going to "kick my ass" or "fuck me up" because of how much I had betrayed the group.

David Miscavige visited me personally to tell me that I needed to confess all of my "crimes" to the group before I could be fully forgiven.

After all of this I said "Fuck IT!"

That was enough.

I realized that no matter how hard I tried or how hard I worked, what I produced would never be appreciated.

THIS, is the dillemma that every Scientologist, Staff Member and Sea Org Member goes through.

What you do and what you have given WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH.

I turned myself in.

I found the nearest MAA and told her that I was ready to route out. In other words, I was ready to leave the Sea Org for good. She was absolutely shocked. To her, I had been a hero for years, and now, I was giving up. In fact, she was once my junior. And believe me, I was a really good senior, I fought for my staff to have Libs (days off) and approved every CSW to be able to visit family. My staff loved me.

Here's where the going gets rough... For the next year and a half, I was restriced to the base. I was doing heavy labor, daily and getting interrogated, sometimes 6 hours a day, on the E-Meter. Being asked for my crimes against Scientology, Management, David Miscavige, Hubbard - You name it, it was asked.

Another person who was there with me was Twin A. She was there much longer than I had been there already and I was familiar with her case from a Security standpoint from my previous positions. I was worried about her and wondered what was happening with her. Why wasn't she back on post by now? Why hadn't they let her go by now? It had been a long time since she was being held where she was. I asked one of the Guards, Matt Butler what was up.

Here's the exact reply: "She worked with the old man, as well as close to DM, we're never going to let her leave."

The reason Matt said this, God bless his soul, is that he and I had been very closse buddies for many years, and I was probably an opinion leader to him. His wife had been one of my juniors. I had held long security watches with him in the past.

When Matt said that though...

The bell gonged.

It was time for Peeler to wake the fuck up.

They were never going to let me leave.

Peeler simply knew too much.

Peeler had been on too many sensitive lines.

After a couple months the dude came up with a brilliant plan. Why not pretend to be handled? Pretend that he wanted to stay at the Int Base , make amends and work back up to some sort of "respectable" position?

That's exeactly what I did.

I told my sec checker that I was handled and ready to go back on post. And in the back of my mind, I knew that this was complete bullshit. I was going to blow. And I was going to stay alert for the best time possible.

It took 6 months.

Six months more of sec checking, re-posting and getting through lower conditions until I was finally able to get my restriction to the base lifted. Until I was able to go back to my own room which was at the Vista Garden Apartments about 2 miles away from the base.

The post that I was finally assigned to was in Estates Gold as the Hardscape I/C. I was in charge of clearing away all of the weeds that would sprout up on the walkways of the base.

Here's where the brilliat plan set in. After a couple weeks of being "un-restricted", my senior Tom Pope (who I was replacing) told me that I needed to take the early bus back to berthing so that I could come in early so he could hat me (train me) on the "COB drill."

LOL!

If you knew what this meant now, you'd be laughing your fucking asses off

The COB Drill was to come in twice a week, very early in the morning to spray off David Miscavige's patios and de-weed anything if necessary.

I got an early pass home! Approved through Security. (Danny Dunagin - thanks for the pass bro!)

Anyway, after the buss dropped me off (with my bike). I can't believe Security was so lax!?!? I booked my ass to the nearest pay phone and called my mom collect.

Here's how it went... My sister answered the phone and I said "Hey, put mom on the phone, this is urgent."

"Okay!"

"Helo, John?!?!?!?"

"Mom, don't ask me anything right now. Just come and fucking get me. NOW!"

"Okay! Where do I go?"

At this point, I gave my mom exact directions to where I was at. It took her 2 hours to arrive.

She and my sister loaded all of my things into her car and I rode with them, with my sister on my lap all the way back to Los Angeles.

Major fail for Gold not having a QM on duty that night at berthing!

Major fail for the 4 RTC girls who were in the appartment accross from me when we were unloalding all of my shit from my room while I was blowing. They even had their kitchen window open and could see what was going on.

Anyway, it was a helluvan escape, and I'm so glad I made it so that I could tell you all about this now.

Cheers!
John

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
What a great story. :coolwink:

To think that you have to plot & plan, lie and decieve and finally elude armed guards to leave your RELIGION.

WTF??

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
great escape

Good story! July 8th is our aniversary of our blow, which was in full knowledge of all the security guys, and we signed all their papers, and just left, 4 days after announcing we were going. No dumpster scrubbing for these hands, baby! We gave them 4 days to come up with a sec checker for me and my wife, at our expense, and it called their bluff, as that is never the stop at Flag , where there are dozens of Senior Sec Checker Class IXs. So we hung out at the MAA room, went home early, and really pissed them off one of the days by coming in dressed as public! Then, we ate out at a local restaurant! Totally out of control. Boy, did that piss them off. On July 8, 2005, we drove out of the Hacienda Gardens with all our stuff, money in the bank, and re-started our lives. Went for pizza, I think. Really good pizza.
Being at Int behind the wire is so very different. Away from public, and removed from town, the gestapo policies can be exercised more easily. "We'll never let her go" is possible at Int. How tragic that normal people can be transformed into that mind set so quickly. If any one fact convinced me it's a cult, it was when I really showed the security mechanisms to a reporter for the first time. Flag has so much equipment in place to monitor their own staff. I understand Int is worse.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Good story! July 8th is our aniversary of our blow, which was in full knowledge of all the security guys, and we signed all their papers, and just left, 4 days after announcing we were going. No dumpster scrubbing for these hands, baby! We gave them 4 days to come up with a sec checker for me and my wife, at our expense, and it called their bluff, as that is never the stop at Flag , where there are dozens of Senior Sec Checker Class IXs. So we hung out at the MAA room, went home early, and really pissed them off one of the days by coming in dressed as public! Then, we ate out at a local restaurant! Totally out of control. Boy, did that piss them off. On July 8, 2005, we drove out of the Hacienda Gardens with all our stuff, money in the bank, and re-started our lives. Went for pizza, I think. Really good pizza.
Being at Int behind the wire is so very different. Away from public, and removed from town, the gestapo policies can be exercised more easily. "We'll never let her go" is possible at Int. How tragic that normal people can be transformed into that mind set so quickly. If any one fact convinced me it's a cult, it was when I really showed the security mechanisms to a reporter for the first time. Flag has so much equipment in place to monitor their own staff. I understand Int is worse.

Mike, I was sorry to read the "not so nice" write up on your brother's mission to create AOSH ANZO. It no longer occupies the 3rd floor of Sydney Org. And FOLO no longer occupies the Wentworth Avenue building. Both have moved into an Int-purchased building way down the back of Glebe. The only reason I know vaguely where it is, is that while attending Uni some SO staffers on libs came into the video shop, but were denied membership because they don't actually live in the area, and the shop-staff regularly and unfairly referred to them as "coneheads". These are the poor sods we're trying to set free.

No doubt the internal mortgages that the orgs will have to pay off to INT for their buildings will never be payable.

Wisened One

Crusader
Damn, John, :omg: WOW, what a story and escape!! (Sounds similar to our blow story, but much more intense).

Thanks sooooo much for sharing it here at ESMB, FTS! These are so helpful, all these stories of Int SO and what they've endured!!!

And at the end, when ya say 'Fail' to all the people who saw ya and didn't do anything....I'd say a 'Pass' on that...(well from our side, that is:)

But I know what ya meant.

Geez, I sure hope those posts aren't now more guarded.....how are the current people gonna be able to blow now? :nervous:

I soooooo wish there could be some widely televised RAID on the Int Bases!!!! :grouch:

Edited to add: I forgot to say, that I AGREE WITH YOU JOHN, that You very soon realize that your best is NEVER GOOD ENOUGH, and you
can NEVER BE UPSTAT ENOUGH (for very long), etc!!! I used to have that EXACT cog constantly as a Div 6'er! You'll push yourself to the death, and that's ALL you'll get. (I remember a part in one of $cn's movies: 'Live only the first and second dynamic..then that's ALL you'll have' or some such crap.) Well,
We should make a commercial that says: 'Live only for $cn, and that's ALL you'll do, till you DIE!'

From John Peeler (BTs2free) on OCMB:http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=28150
----------------------------
Just when you thought you heard the last of it all...
Things were not going well for John Peeler at the Int Base.
After 10, actually more years of dedicated service to Scientology, I had worked my way up through the rank to become an MAA at the Int Base - in fact Chief MAA Gold and then DePTSer of the entire base. For several years, at least 5, I was responsible for ensuring that no staff member on the base was PTS - including RTC personnel.
Do you know what that means?
I had access to all of the ethics files and PC folders of everyone on the Int Base, except for David Miscavige and Shelley (that was just part of the rules).
When I look back on all of this though, the difference between myself, and that goon Security Guard that you see in the Youtube videos, is that I actually cared for people and thought that I could help them out in their personal lives. My intention was not to keep them there if they wanted to leave, but to help them see why they should stay. In fact, my job was probably more dangerous than the average Joe Security Guard because my love was legitimate and would keep someone in the fold longer because of how real it was.
Regardless of all that, things got pretty bad for Peeler.
After a decade of being split away from his family (with literally only a week or two of visiting time with them in all), and after 4 years of being seperated from his wife (who was an RTC Rep at Flag - all the way across the freakin' country), John Peeler got busted from the Int TTC based on fabricated lies by Marty Rathbun in a report to David Miscavige which became the subject of an all Int Base briefing.
John Peeler after being an Int Base freakin' hero for years, now become low-life scum bag overnight, assigned to heavy labor and sec-checking for 6 months. (Mind you, this is now in a condition of being restricted to the base at OGH, behind razor wire fences with motion detectors, Security Guards and watch dogs.)
The sick part about this is that I still wanted to stay! I felt that the entire freakin' universe depended on what we did and what I did personally in Scientology to make it happen wold wide. All based on KSW Series 1.
After getting through this program, Peeler was assigned to the Galley with another mate named Winston Mellor. Our first assignment was to scrub out the galley dumpsters with green scrubbies (the kind you do your dishes with) until they were spottless.
Then, Peeler was assigned to being the Cleaner for the Mess Hall (Masacre Canyon Inn) and the restrooms. Basically, I was a Janitor and toilet scrubber.
Daily, executives from the base would pick fights with me and tell me that they were going to "kick my ass" or "fuck me up" because of how much I had betrayed the group.
David Miscavige visited me personally to tell me that I needed to confess all of my "crimes" to the group before I could be fully forgiven.
After all of this I said "Fuck IT!"
That was enough.
I realized that no matter how hard I tried or how hard I worked, what I produced would never be appreciated.
THIS, is the dillemma that every Scientologist, Staff Member and Sea Org Member goes through.
What you do and what you have given WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH.
I turned myself in.
I found the nearest MAA and told her that I was ready to route out. In other words, I was ready to leave the Sea Org for good. She was absolutely shocked. To her, I had been a hero for years, and now, I was giving up. In fact, she was once my junior. And believe me, I was a really good senior, I fought for my staff to have Libs (days off) and approved every CSW to be able to visit family. My staff loved me.
Here's where the going gets rough... For the next year and a half, I was restriced to the base. I was doing heavy labor, daily and getting interrogated, sometimes 6 hours a day, on the E-Meter. Being asked for my crimes against Scientology, Management, David Miscavige, Hubbard - You name it, it was asked.
Another person who was there with me was Twin A. She was there much longer than I had been there already and I was familiar with her case from a Security standpoint from my previous positions. I was worried about her and wondered what was happening with her. Why wasn't she back on post by now? Why hadn't they let her go by now? It had been a long time since she was being held where she was. I asked one of the Guards, Matt Butler what was up.
Here's the exact reply: "She worked with the old man, as well as close to DM, we're never going to let her leave."
The reason Matt said this, God bless his soul, is that he and I had been very close buddies for many years, and I was probably an opinion leader to him.
His wife had been one of my juniors. I had held long security watches with him in the past.
When Matt said that though...
The bell gonged.
It was time for Peeler to wake the fuck up.
They were never going to let me leave.
Peeler simply knew too much.
Peeler had been on too many sensitive lines.
After a couple months the dude came up with a brilliant plan. Why not pretend to be handled? Pretend that he wanted to stay at the Int Base , make amends and work back up to some sort of "respectable" position?
That's exeactly what I did.
I told my sec checker that I was handled and ready to go back on post. And in the back of my mind, I knew that this was complete bullshit. I was going to blow. And I was going to stay alert for the best time possible.
It took 6 months.
Six months more of sec checking, re-posting and getting through lower conditions until I was finally able to get my restriction to the base lifted. Until I was able to go back to my own room which was at the Vista Garden Apartments about 2 miles away from the base.
The post that I was finally assigned to was in Estates Gold as the Hardscape I/C. I was in charge of clearing away all of the weeds that would sprout up on the walkways of the base.
Here's where the brilliat plan set in. After a couple weeks of being "un-restricted", my senior Tom Pope (who I was replacing) told me that I needed to take the early bus back to berthing so that I could come in early so he could hat me (train me) on the "COB drill."
LOL!
If you knew what this meant now, you'd be laughing your fucking asses off
The COB Drill was to come in twice a week, very early in the morning to spray off David Miscavige's patios and de-weed anything if necessary.
I got an early pass home! Approved through Security. (Danny Dunagin - thanks for the pass bro!)
Anyway, after the buss dropped me off (with my bike). I can't believe Security was so lax!?!? I booked my ass to the nearest pay phone and called my mom collect.
Here's how it went... My sister answered the phone and I said "Hey, put mom on the phone, this is urgent."
"Okay!"
"Hello, John?!?!?!?"
"Mom, don't ask me anything right now. Just come and fucking get me. NOW!"
"Okay! Where do I go?"
At this point, I gave my mom exact directions to where I was at. It took her 2 hours to arrive.
She and my sister loaded all of my things into her car and I rode with them, with my sister on my lap all the way back to Los Angeles.
Major fail for Gold not having a QM on duty that night at berthing!
Major fail for the 4 RTC girls who were in the apartment across from me when we were unloalding all of my shit from my room while I was blowing.
They even had their kitchen window open and could see what was going on.
Anyway, it was a helluvan escape, and I'm so glad I made it so that I could tell you all about this now.
Cheers!
John

Last edited:

byte301

Crusader
Wow, that was quite a story!

Imagine having to pretend like you were part of the group for 6 months!! Well, that was brilliant. And what a good mom John's got!

So glad he got out and is now allowed to have an actual life. :happydance:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Wow!

Wow! Fantastic story, John.
I hope your leaving will have given courage to others at Int to leave.

Andrew

Patron with Honors
After reading this story Andrew thought that Andrew would start referring to himself in the third person too.

Andrew's wife had other ideas. She told Andrew to knock it off only using other "unkind" words.

Anyway, Andrew congratulates John Peeler on his glorious exit. :thumbsup:

boonies

Patron
I know, it's way later than you posted this, but I just read it.
Wow! That was a smart exit plan.
Kudos to your mom for hauling ass to get you too!

Rae

Patron with Honors
Dear John, I just now saw this thread . Fabulous story..I'm thrilled that you are telling it here...FREE!

Q. for you..do you know how Peter Schless, Heber and Ray Mithoff are doing? I used to be a good friend of Peter's before he went into the SO and I was on staff with Heber and Ray..anything you can tell me(us?)..I heard they were in the "SP Hall"..

Love
Rae

riptide

Patron with Honors
Dear John, I just now saw this thread . Fabulous story..I'm thrilled that you are telling it here...FREE!

Q. for you..do you know how Peter Schless, Heber and Ray Mithoff are doing? I used to be a good friend of Peter's before he went into the SO and I was on staff with Heber and Ray..anything you can tell me(us?)..I heard they were in the "SP Hall"..

Love
Rae

Yeah I'm all ears on this one too. I knew Peter waaaay back when. His wife Karen too.

albert036

Patron
Great Story

Great story, thank you for posting it. One day I will have the balls too.

What happened to your wife? She was also RTC in Los Angeles right?