What's new

My experience with a relationship with someone in Scn

dsmturbo

Patron
Hey everyone, maybe I should or maybe I shouldn't share this, but I came to the conclusion I should.

I met a woman 8 months ago, older than me, beautiful in many ways.
She told me many things and some that may have been considered as red flags to leave quickly. This included being a member of CoS. I decided I wanted to stick around and learn more. In my past I've been involved with woman from different religions and tbh, we love who we love, I'll just respect her beliefs.
We continued dating and through out our relationship, I would say our main concern was what family, friends and her church would say about her dating a non Scientologist. She even mentioned her dating me was out of her element because she would mention to her children not to date non Scientologists. Through out our dating period I became interested in Scientology and even attending a course, and seminar that I paid for. I did an online free course and spoke to an Ethics Officer at the Tampa Org. The conversation with the EO at Tampa Org was because I had questioned her about the things I have read online, like about Xenu and the OT levels up to 8. Which btw she was currently going through OT 7. Long story short, she has been working on an amends project, because she had cheated on her husband while trying to complete OT7, she since has divorced but because I questioned her about the OT levels she was put back on some type of amend extensions project, this is why I had to go to an EO because they wanted to interview me and deam me not SP. I've come to find out that her talking about the OT levels is prohibited and she is trained to deny everything I questioned, even if just to confirm, that what I've read is true or not. After my interview with the EO, they gave her two options, one included me but would delay the end of her cycle by 1.5 years or she would leave me and be put back on her OT 7 level faster than 1.5 years. She had been trying to amend herself for a while because she wanted to take on a job with some Scientologists but unless she was in good standings with the CoS, they would not offer her the job. In my eyes I saw she was struggling with Finances and she needed a job ASAP. Staying with me would've prolonged her opportunity getting this job.
This is where I do not agree with what this church has done to her. I believe everyone has the right to make their own choices in life, but a religious faction should never make those decisions hard(er). She was constantly reminded by friends and family I was not a Scientologist and that I would never have an understanding to her level and that we could never relate, all though I respected her space within the church and her belief, I felt they had no respect for me and us.
Again I do not hate CoS, but I do have a problem when they got involved in our relationship and made it harder for us to move on in our relationship together.
I honestly think some of the Scientology tech is useful for everyday life and should be applied as common sense everyday. I do have a problem when they try to deam someone a SP and force ppl to disconnect from them otherwise they'll be kicked out. People in Scientology should wake up and understand that all of this is a choice and not a way of living.

Another complication in all this. Her youngest son, 10 years old, was in the SO with the father. Apparently 2 other boys were being antagonistic towards her son and because both parents of the other kids are in the SO, they decided it would be best to take him out of the SO and have him live with the mother. I thought Scientology, is taught to handle situations like this?!? This adds even more financial stress to her decision making considering me, which I have suspicions to believe may have been done on purpose to pressure her.

Right before we broke up I asked her what would be the worst thing that would happen if she chose me over Scientology. She said and I quote, from a text msg "worse case... I get myself kicked out and loose all my family, friends, job options." Right there I realized I had lost her. It is sad to think that I would lose connection with my family over a religion. There is no way, I would make her choose, but family should support each other no matter the choice. I was raised a Catholic and even though I decided to change to Christianity and my family did not agree to it, they accepted me and still love me no matter what choice I have made.

I heard Tory say this in a video, I believe she was quoting someone else:

I believe in truth
I believe in looking at both sides
and I believe in having the courage to say what I think
I dont think Scientologists are bad, I just think they are misinformed.

I wanted to share this experience and maybe get some feed back from others. Thanks for a lending ear.

Jorge

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey everyone, maybe I should or maybe I shouldn't share this, but I came to the conclusion I should.

I met a woman 8 months ago, older than me, beautiful in many ways.
She told me many things and some that may have been considered as red flags to leave quickly. This included being a member of CoS. I decided I wanted to stick around and learn more. In my past I've been involved with woman from different religions and tbh, we love who we love, I'll just respect her beliefs.
We continued dating and through out our relationship, I would say our main concern was what family, friends and her church would say about her dating a non Scientologist. She even mentioned her dating me was out of her element because she would mention to her children not to date non Scientologists. Through out our dating period I became interested in Scientology and even attending a course, and seminar that I paid for. I did an online free course and spoke to an Ethics Officer at the Tampa Org. The conversation with the EO at Tampa Org was because I had questioned her about the things I have read online, like about Xenu and the OT levels up to 8. Which btw she was currently going through OT 7. Long story short, she has been working on an amends project, because she had cheated on her husband while trying to complete OT7, she since has divorced but because I questioned her about the OT levels she was put back on some type of amend extensions project, this is why I had to go to an EO because they wanted to interview me and deam me not SP. I've come to find out that her talking about the OT levels is prohibited and she is trained to deny everything I questioned, even if just to confirm, that what I've read is true or not. After my interview with the EO, they gave her two options, one included me but would delay the end of her cycle by 1.5 years or she would leave me and be put back on her OT 7 level faster than 1.5 years. She had been trying to amend herself for a while because she wanted to take on a job with some Scientologists but unless she was in good standings with the CoS, they would not offer her the job. In my eyes I saw she was struggling with Finances and she needed a job ASAP. Staying with me would've prolonged her opportunity getting this job.
This is where I do not agree with what this church has done to her. I believe everyone has the right to make their own choices in life, but a religious faction should never make those decisions hard(er). She was constantly reminded by friends and family I was not a Scientologist and that I would never have an understanding to her level and that we could never relate, all though I respected her space within the church and her belief, I felt they had no respect for me and us.
Again I do not hate CoS, but I do have a problem when they got involved in our relationship and made it harder for us to move on in our relationship together.
I honestly think some of the Scientology tech is useful for everyday life and should be applied as common sense everyday. I do have a problem when they try to deam someone a SP and force ppl to disconnect from them otherwise they'll be kicked out. People in Scientology should wake up and understand that all of this is a choice and not a way of living.

Another complication in all this. Her youngest son, 10 years old, was in the SO with the father. Apparently 2 other boys were being antagonistic towards her son and because both parents of the other kids are in the SO, they decided it would be best to take him out of the SO and have him live with the mother. I thought Scientology, is taught to handle situations like this?!? This adds even more financial stress to her decision making considering me, which I have suspicions to believe may have been done on purpose to pressure her.

Right before we broke up I asked her what would be the worst thing that would happen if she chose me over Scientology. She said and I quote, from a text msg "worse case... I get myself kicked out and loose all my family, friends, job options." Right there I realized I had lost her. It is sad to think that I would lose connection with my family over a religion. There is no way, I would make her choose, but family should support each other no matter the choice. I was raised a Catholic and even though I decided to change to Christianity and my family did not agree to it, they accepted me and still love me no matter what choice I have made.

I heard Tory say this in a video, I believe she was quoting someone else:

I believe in truth
I believe in looking at both sides
and I believe in having the courage to say what I think
I dont think Scientologists are bad, I just think they are misinformed.

I wanted to share this experience and maybe get some feed back from others. Thanks for a lending ear.

Jorge
Well, I got to give this woman a lot of credit. That she got involved in a relationship that had nothing to do with her "status" in $cn. A real human relationship, is I guess what you would call it. Thanks for the story. I wish you well.

dsmturbo

Patron
Well, I got to give this woman a lot of credit. That she got involved in a relationship that had nothing to do with her "status" in $cn. A real human relationship, is I guess what you would call it. Thanks for the story. I wish you well.

Would it be fair to say that maybe she has her doubts or thoughts that she doesn't have to be in SCN to be happy?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Yes I agree, In Present Time, I think she stuck her neck out quite a lot for this relationship, which she really would have had to sacrifice too much for if she had carried on. She couldn't bear to loose everything. She was very close, and may still go that bit further. Loosing your kids to the cult must be unbearable.

dsmturbo all scientologists have doubts, and she must have had a toe out the door to think of a relationship with 'raw meat' like your good self. But they have the real blackmail potential of the kids, plus the years of time and fortune in money she has invested, all to disappear by walking away. It really is a hard choice. Don't take it as rejection, it's simple blackmail.

dsmturbo

Patron
Yes I agree, In Present Time, I think she stuck her neck out quite a lot for this relationship, which she really would have had to sacrifice too much for if she had carried on. She couldn't bear to loose everything. She was very close, and may still go that bit further. Loosing your kids to the cult must be unbearable.

dsmturbo all scientologists have doubts, and she must have had a toe out the door to think of a relationship with 'raw meat' like your good self. But they have the real blackmail potential of the kids, plus the years of time and fortune in money she has invested, all to disappear by walking away. It really is a hard choice. Don't take it as rejection, it's simple blackmail.

Thanks for your post I honestly appreciate it. In the back of my mind, I'm also wondering, she took a huge step to cheat on her husband, who is a member of the SO, with someone who is not a Scn. Could she just have just had a guilty conscious and thought if she had gone this far, she might as well, be with someone else who wasn't a Scn?? Regardless? Thanks

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Thanks for your post I honestly appreciate it. In the back of my mind, I'm also wondering, she took a huge step to cheat on her husband, who is a member of the SO, with someone who is not a Scn. Could she just have just had a guilty conscious and thought if she had gone this far, she might as well, be with someone else who wasn't a Scn?? Regardless? Thanks

How was her self esteem?

Was she herself in the SO? If she wasn't then there was no possibility of a relationship with him without her joining too, and even then they could be sent to different continents. So a relationship with someone without the complications would be great, even if, by the fact he's 'raw meat' he must be pretty much like pond life, but obviously dashing handsome pond life. My guess is that she's only just hanging on in there for the kids, and you were refreshingly unaware of the world inside the cult, that would make you very attractive and combined with your charm it made you irresistible. If you want to know what was going through her mind at the time, I would say about a million different things, half of them contradictory, your arms would have been a haven.

And importantly how's your self esteem now? Especially after I've described you living amongst the rotting leaves at the bottom of a pond.

dsmturbo

Patron
How was her self esteem?

Was she herself in the SO? If she wasn't then there was no possibility of a relationship with him without her joining too, and even then they could be sent to different continents. So a relationship with someone without the complications would be great, even if, by the fact he's 'raw meat' he must be pretty much like pond life, but obviously dashing handsome pond life. My guess is that she's only just hanging on in there for the kids, and you were refreshingly unaware of the world inside the cult, that would make you very attractive and combined with your charm it made you irresistible. If you want to know what was going through her mind at the time, I would say about a million different things, half of them contradictory, your arms would have been a haven.

And importantly how's your self esteem now? Especially after I've described you living amongst the rotting leaves at the bottom of a pond.

I didn't know her in the SO, but I can say that she repeatedly told me she realized she didn't want to join the SO. Which is why she cheated on her husband, she looked it as her "out" from joining, but she didn't take into account the repercussions that would come along with it. This was told to me from her own mouth. She was with her husband for 26 years and she would tell me a lot how, I was very different from her husband as far as emotional and caring and how I would show affection in public, apparently he didn't do it as much. Even her 2 of her 4 kids weren't use to the affection we would share because they weren't use to seeing it with her and her ex husband.

When you described refreshingly, yes I thought about very numerous things she would say in reference to her ex.

dsmturbo

Patron
How was her self esteem?

My self esteem is great. I'm very hurt and frustrated that I can't be with her and it been about 4 days since I've been in contact with her. I'm sure she is in a state of disconnection. I fear I will never talk to her again.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello :wave: and :welcome:, dsmturbo. You probably helped her more than you can know . . . more than she can know, right now. Hopefully the entire experience planted bigger doubts in her, ones she can no longer squash and deny. Even if so, I don't know if she can get out. Sorry. For her that would be like Sophie's Choice, in a way -- her kids/family/life-up-to-now - or you. :unsure:

I am sure you were good for her, and I am only sorry she wasn't better for you. Move on. Find another. She has chosen . . . :console: :hug:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
This is a weird situation, and I'm missing some background data.

A Sea Org member is not allowed to create a relationship with a non-Sea Org member, so that's my first question. How was it that her husband was in the Sea Org and she was not? Was it that they were married and both in the Sea Org, and then she left? Or were they married and he decides to go into the Sea Org?

Either way, if one is in and one is out, then they are effectively separated, regardless of the legal status of the marriage. He would have little or no time to see her, and the org would work against their having time together.

Was she expected to be faithful to a husband who she would no longer live with, no longer see, and who would no longer be supporting her or the kid? Or did the affair happen before the effective split?

In any event, the org would be very against an OT7 being in a relationship with a non-Scientologist because of all the conflicts which would inevitably arise. For her to stay on OT7, it would cost tens of thousands of dollars per year. Could you realistically say that her being chronically short of money because she was spending it all on Scientology would not be something you would question? Also, you would be liable to be researching what the Internet has to say about Scientology, and it would not be pretty. Now, if upon being exposed to the introductory material, you had become an enthusiastic Scientologist, that would have been different. That you didn't, means that you would be more likely to pull her out of Scientology than she would be to pull you in.

If (when she's working) she's able to pay enough to stay on OT7, then she represents a significant revenue stream, enough that they would work hard to preserve that revenue. That means getting rid of you.

EDITED: Additionally, if she gets disaffected enough, she would be likely to file to demand child support from her Sea Org husband, since she has the kid. The divorce court would then award the kid child support. If the husband said to the judge "Sorry, I can't pay child support because I'm in the Sea Org and we don't get paid any salary", the judge would say "Tough, leave the Sea Org, get a real job, and fulfill you obligations to your son!". This would make the husband's Sea Org seniors very unhappy.

You start to see why they want to keep her on a tight leash?

Last edited:

dsmturbo

Patron
This is a weird situation, and I'm missing some background data.

A Sea Org member is not allowed to create a relationship with a non-Sea Org member, so that's my first question. How was it that her husband was in the Sea Org and she was not? Was it that they were married and both in the Sea Org, and then she left? Or were they married and he decides to go into the Sea Org?

Either way, if one is in and one is out, then they are effectively separated, regardless of the legal status of the marriage. He would have little or no time to see her, and the org would work against their having time together.

Was she expected to be faithful to a husband who she would no longer live with, no longer see, and who would no longer be supporting her or the kid? Or did the affair happen before the effective split?

In any event, the org would be very against an OT7 being in a relationship with a non-Scientologist because of all the conflicts which would inevitably arise. For her to stay on OT7, it would cost tens of thousands of dollars per year. Could you realistically say that her being chronically short of money because she was spending it all on Scientology would not be something you would question? Also, you would be liable to be researching what the Internet has to say about Scientology, and it would not be pretty. Now, if upon being exposed to the introductory material, you had become an enthusiastic Scientologist, that would have been different. That you didn't, means that you would be more likely to pull her out of Scientology than she would be to pull you in.

If (when she's working) she's able to pay enough to stay on OT7, then she represents a significant revenue stream, enough that they would work hard to preserve that revenue. That means getting rid of you.

EDITED: Additionally, if she gets disaffected enough, she would be likely to file to demand child support from her Sea Org husband, since she has the kid. The divorce court would then award the kid child support. If the husband said to the judge "Sorry, I can't pay child support because I'm in the Sea Org and we don't get paid any salary", the judge would say "Tough, leave the Sea Org, get a real job, and fulfill you obligations to your son!". This would make the husband's Sea Org seniors very unhappy.

You start to see why they want to keep her on a tight leash?

I'll tackle these one at a time. Remember when I first met her I had 0 knowledge about Scientology, later in our relationship, I began to understand things.

Both her and her husband were married at the time that they decided to go in together with the 2 children. Now, she was going in to finish her OT 7 level, her, her husband, daughter and young son were going in too. However, her daughther at the age of 17 became pregnant. She could not be in the SO so she came out with her daughter and son, but had already or after the daughter got pregnant, cheated on her husband and had used this as an excuse of why she came out. Until, eventually the CoS had issued some kind of report and in detail had described what she had truely done. She told me it was some kind of public announcement and that it would be advertise to members for a short period of time. I remember when this happened because I could see how hurt and devasted it was to her, that ppl now with in CoS, knew what she had done and that her ethics were below what an OT should be.

She made decent money but I knew it was costing her hundreds of dollars for the auditing hours she was putting in. She would also expressed how she had to make more money. Somewhere along the lines of 2-3k a week. Big difference to what she makes now which is about 5k a month.

I could sense that her friends and family were against our relationship because of her level.

Just recently she had a Birthday and her friend who is an auditor traine, invited her out to dinner. Well it was a trap because, not only did the friend go but another auditor as well who has completed OT7 or 8. They wished her happy birthday and then pinned her in a corner. She told me they asked her about me and if she knew what she wanted, and why wouldn't she just forget about a relationship for now until she's completed her cylce, etc. This came from her mouth. I told her that didn't sound like friendly birthday dinner, rather a trap to push her to make the decision they wanted.

I've come to realize that members, or volunteers of CoS do not get paid anything. Her daughter works 40 hours a week and gets paid about $30 a week. This was told to me by herself. Like you said there is no way she would hit her ex husband for child support, because like you said, if he gets pay like this, he wouldn't be able to support it. She currently recieves state money, food stamps, and insurance. That will soon come to an end though as they are asking information on the husband to go after him for child support and she doesn't want that. Again told to me by her mouth.

I also came to realize, her daughter wants to go to college, well, it didn't dawn to me until the last few days. The Billion year contract I guess is true. She told me her daughter had a contract for the ORG and she was going to have to find a way to get out of it to attend this school because she wont be able to do all the hours. In my head I thought, what 17 year old makes a contract?!?!?! This must be it. If someone can confirm this for me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Thanks for the info, I'm not against Scn, I'm just looking for confirmation for what I've read, to rest any doubt I may have. Thanks again for the info and letting me share this experience.

Gib

Crusader
I'll tackle these one at a time. Remember when I first met her I had 0 knowledge about Scientology, later in our relationship, I began to understand things.

Both her and her husband were married at the time that they decided to go in together with the 2 children. Now, she was going in to finish her OT 7 level, her, her husband, daughter and young son were going in too. However, her daughther at the age of 17 became pregnant. She could not be in the SO so she came out with her daughter and son, but had already or after the daughter got pregnant, cheated on her husband and had used this as an excuse of why she came out. Until, eventually the CoS had issued some kind of report and in detail had described what she had truely done. She told me it was some kind of public announcement and that it would be advertise to members for a short period of time. I remember when this happened because I could see how hurt and devasted it was to her, that ppl now with in CoS, knew what she had done and that her ethics were below what an OT should be.

She made decent money but I knew it was costing her hundreds of dollars for the auditing hours she was putting in. She would also expressed how she had to make more money. Somewhere along the lines of 2-3k a week. Big difference to what she makes now which is about 5k a month.

I could sense that her friends and family were against our relationship because of her level.

Just recently she had a Birthday and her friend who is an auditor traine, invited her out to dinner. Well it was a trap because, not only did the friend go but another auditor as well who has completed OT7 or 8. They wished her happy birthday and then pinned her in a corner. She told me they asked her about me and if she knew what she wanted, and why wouldn't she just forget about a relationship for now until she's completed her cylce, etc. This came from her mouth. I told her that didn't sound like friendly birthday dinner, rather a trap to push her to make the decision they wanted.

I've come to realize that members, or volunteers of CoS do not get paid anything. Her daughter works 40 hours a week and gets paid about $30 a week. This was told to me by herself. Like you said there is no way she would hit her ex husband for child support, because like you said, if he gets pay like this, he wouldn't be able to support it. She currently recieves state money, food stamps, and insurance. That will soon come to an end though as they are asking information on the husband to go after him for child support and she doesn't want that. Again told to me by her mouth.

I also came to realize, her daughter wants to go to college, well, it didn't dawn to me until the last few days. The Billion year contract I guess is true. She told me her daughter had a contract for the ORG and she was going to have to find a way to get out of it to attend this school because she wont be able to do all the hours. In my head I thought, what 17 year old makes a contract?!?!?! This must be it. If someone can confirm this for me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Thanks for the info, I'm not against Scn, I'm just looking for confirmation for what I've read, to rest any doubt I may have. Thanks again for the info and letting me share this experience.

What you wrote makes sense.

The whole thing, scientology is such a trap, it's unbelievable.

You have two choices.

Forget about it and move on.

Or, if you continue with this woman, your life will become complicated beyond comprehension. Which is the trap of scientology.

kate8024

-deleted-
She told me her daughter had a contract for the ORG and she was going to have to find a way to get out of it to attend this school because she wont be able to do all the hours. In my head I thought, what 17 year old makes a contract?!?!?! This must be it. If someone can confirm this for me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

From my understanding Org's make staff sign 5 year contracts which are not legally binding but are binding in a way that if you violate it you might risk loosing some family/friends/etc over it. I'm sure someone else can shed some more light on it though, so don't take my word for it. They tried to get me to join staff once and then told me about the contract and that was the last they ever saw of me.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

You are correct. The birthday was a ruse to engage in a high-pressure discussion with her.

I've come to realize that members, or volunteers of CoS do not get paid anything. Her daughter works 40 hours a week and gets paid about $30 a week. This was told to me by herself.

If she is a "volunteer", then they will try to get her to work as many hours as they can.

A Sea Org member (and I've been one) will start the work day around 8 or 9 am, and work until 10 pm (or later) and do so 7 days a week, with an occasional day off every other week. The day off is not guaranteed and depends on whether she's doing her job exceptionally well.

Like you said there is no way she would hit her ex husband for child support, because like you said, if he gets pay like this, he wouldn't be able to support it.

She currently recieves state money, food stamps, and insurance. That will soon come to an end though as they are asking information on the husband to go after him for child support and she doesn't want that. Again told to me by her mouth.

If she hit her ex-husband for child support, forcing him to have to leave the Sea Org in order to pay it, then she would be declared (excommunicated and shunned).

The "contract" is not really a contract, in the sense of being actually enforceable in a real court of law. However, if she does not fulfill it, they will deny her any further access to Scientology. So it doesn't matter if she's 18, 17, or 10, they will demand she works for them, and deny her services until they are happy with her.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Wow, your story makes me sad. It seems like your girlfriend is confused & she just may come back to you! For this cult to call themselves a "church" is a flaming joke. What kind of church pulls families apart? Shuns those who leave the church to the point of attacking their character? You sound like a real stand-up guy who completely respected her choice for her religion. Can you imagine if they weren't standing in your way? And why are they??? What is their perceived threat?? Sorry, I get so :angry::angry::angry:........

I truly hope your story has a happy ending & that you all end up back together. Best of luck. :)

Takin Time

Patron with Honors
... what she makes now which is about 5k a month. ... She currently recieves state money, food stamps, and insurance. That will soon come to an end though as they are asking information on the husband to go after him for child support and she doesn't want that.
How in the hell does she qualify for food stamps with an income like that!?

Ha ha. The government agency that pays welfare for children of missing or deadbeat dads will find out about the father. (Not hard when there are birth certificates and applications to go by.) They will keep track of what he owes to the end of time. If he ever gets out of the Sea Org and tries to get a job and files for an IRS tax refund... they will KEEP the money to pay off the past child support they paid on his behalf.

Her daughter works 40 hours a week and gets paid about $30 a week. ... She told me her daughter had a contract for the ORG ...
Yes, an org STAFF MEMBER could very well make just $30/week. This is NOT a volunteer position, but a working position with a contract. And yes, minors can sign whatever they want... but those contracts are unenforceable in a court of law. However, the blackmail that comes with the threat of disconnection is a stronger threat than any lawsuit for those inside scientology.

dsmturbo

Patron
How in the hell does she qualify for food stamps with an income like that!?

Ha ha. The government agency that pays welfare for children of missing or deadbeat dads will find out about the father. (Not hard when there are birth certificates and applications to go by.) They will keep track of what he owes to the end of time. If he ever gets out of the Sea Org and tries to get a job and files for an IRS tax refund... they will KEEP the money to pay off the past child support they paid on his behalf.

Yes, an org STAFF MEMBER could very well make just $30/week. This is NOT a volunteer position, but a working position with a contract. And yes, minors can sign whatever they want... but those contracts are unenforceable in a court of law. However, the blackmail that comes with the threat of disconnection is a stronger threat than any lawsuit for those inside scientology.

Agreed I do not understand how she qualified for help when she was making this much money. Even some of my friends didn't understand.
But as her mother would say, that's the ability of an OT.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Agreed I do not understand how she qualified for help when she was making this much money. Even some of my friends didn't understand.
But as her mother would say, that's the ability of an OT.

Easy to explain: Real income doesn't equal declared income (i.e. income the welfare system knows about). Make of that what you will.

dsmturbo

Patron
Wow, your story makes me sad. It seems like your girlfriend is confused & she just may come back to you! For this cult to call themselves a "church" is a flaming joke. What kind of church pulls families apart? Shuns those who leave the church to the point of attacking their character? You sound like a real stand-up guy who completely respected her choice for her religion. Can you imagine if they weren't standing in your way? And why are they??? What is their perceived threat?? Sorry, I get so :angry::angry::angry:........

I truly hope your story has a happy ending & that you all end up back together. Best of luck. :)

Thanks much. I have some hope, but her being a Scn for 42 years, all her life, it will be hard for her.

I even used some Scn on her. When I went in for a personality test, the guy I talked to, talked to me about the ARC triangle. Which honestly makes complete sense and it common for building relationships.

I asked her "Our ARC is awesome would you agree?" She said "Yes." .Ok, so we all know when one element fails, there may be a 3rd party affecting it.

I told her to draw the triangle and write CoS outside of the triangle, circle it and draw a line to the triangle. This is the 3rd party affecting this relationship. Then I said "For a moment lets pretend CoS was not an issue. Is there something you would replace CoS with? Her response "No".

Maybe she'll wake up, maybe not, but I hope I've impacted her in some way, so that she sees the reality in all this.