What's new

My final call for help and information

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
My main purpose in spending so much time on ESMB and on other boards and pages in the internet was a search for the true story of my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock. I don't know how many people can imagine how it feels to be hindered for more than 30 years to stay in proper contact with a brother you really love and then you get to know that this brother had to suffer such unbelievable abuses and dies because of this abuses much to early.
I have drawn a pretty good picture of his life now but still there are some unsatisfying holes in this story. I really would like to fill this blanks before the first anniversary of his day of death. And I'm planing to make a move which will hurt the CoS really bad. And in my opinion it will hurt them with greater impact if I have this story as close near the truth as possible.
So this is my final call to send me all the informations about Uwes life in the Sea Org in the Gold Base and LA you can. Please help me to contact some more persons who could know more about Uwe. If you were in direct contact to him please try to remember everything about him and let me know even if you think that it is not important.

Here is his story again as far as I figured it out with the help of more than 20 witnesses of his life - most of them I found with the help of this board.
So thank you again members of ESMB for helping me with this and for listening to me.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12110

And if somebody is finding a mistake in this story -something you observed differently- please PM me and correct it.

Love

Markus

Last edited:

Markus

Scientology abuses on my family Part 1

In October 2008 I have lost my brother in the Sea Organization of the Church of Scientology. Since then I was looking for what happened to him exactly and was reflecting our family history in and in contact with Scientology very meticulous. In this thread I will reveal the results of this search.

What is wrong in the Church of Scientology and why is it dangerous?
Part 1:

Scientology destroys families!

Our family was destroyed by Scientology as follows:

My brother Uwe Stuckenbrock already signed a Sea Org contract at the tender age of 16. During the 29 years up to his death he was only able to visit his family once, although in his telephone calls he
assured us he always wanted to visit us. I can remember two telephone calls in the nineties with Uwe where he clearly said that he could not travel because the Sea Org feared he would leave. Previously, we had even arranaged a period of time for his next visit, because Uwe wanted to visit his nieces. In the end, this visit never took place because he was not allowed to travel.

My brother Uwe Stuckenbrock died in October, 2008 at the age of 45 of his practically untreated multiple sclerosis, but more on that later in "Scientology offers medical services, without any qualification for it"

The contact with my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock was always hampered and controlled. Especially in the period 1997 to 2008 (i.e. the last eleven years of his life), it was extremely difficult to reach him by phone because he was by this time permanently in a so-called RPF of the Sea Org. In such a rehabilitation program no free communication is permitted. Even his mail got opened. And if we had to reach him by phone - which took at least three to four overseas phone calls, we always had the feeling that he could not speak freely.

When I in the late eighties once visited Uwe in Los Angeles, he had promised to organize accommodation and come and pick us up at the airport. My then-girlfriend and I had assumed we could stay overnight with Uwe - it sounded like it at the time after the telephone call. We waited 3 hours at the airport and nobody came to fetch us. Uwe could not to be reached by phone, so we had to search for a hotel ourselves. Then arrived at the hotel I tried again to reach Uwe and finally had success. He said he had sent someone to fetch us. I asked him whether we could meet tomorrow with him – he said that it was not possible to visit his accommodation and he offered us the next day to eat lunch together and afterwards to visit an amusement park. My girlfriend had no desire to be with these impolite, unreliable people. But, I enjoyed this one day with my big brother and that was a good thing for that was the last time that I saw Uwe alive, because afterwards no more visits with his family were permitted. The following day he had no time for me. I describe this here in some detail because it makes it quite clear how absolutely incredibly outrageous people in the Sea Org (which is called the most ethical place on the planet?) are handled. A brother comes once in 30 years for visit and it it is not even allowed by the Sea Org to fetch and personally grace him more than a half day with his brother The fanaticism, that leads to such stories is just sick!

We were informed not until five years (in 2002) after the diagnosis multiple sclerosis (which he got 1997) about the fact that my brother suffered this very serious illness. All our attempts to help (2002-2003) him with the usual medical approach were blocked by the Church of Scientology in Los Angeles. We were always told that the cause was probably found now (Amalgam fillings in his teeth was poisoning him) and that he was already better. Then it was said that a new alternative water therapy had begun, and that Uwe already started to make progress. The fact that altogether he got worse and worse was always hidden from us!

It was hidden from us that despite his severe illness he spent stressful long periods from 1997 to 2007 in an RPF camp full of up to 40 other RPF participants in a mass dorm. From 1997 to 2001 in Happily Valley and from 2001 to 2007 in the PAC RPF in Los Angeles.

Markus

Scientology abuses on my family part 2

Scientology exploits its members and staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part II

Scientology exploits its own members and Staff

During the eighties (approx. 1985) two registrars from Copenhagen made my mother buy Auditing worth 180000 DM. I myself was present at the conversation and informed both men that this "transaction" will drive my mother into the certain financial ruin. This did not interest these "ethical" men at all, they intimidated her by saying she would endanger her health if she did not continue the auditing, she was going to become seriously ill. My mother let herself be convinced through fear and finally had to sell all her possessions (property and house in worth of approx. € 600000) due to financial need and had to watch for every penny for the rest of her life. Her income was much too low to ever be able to pay off the mortgage.

I know another family whose parents had personally been working in Scientology for years. This family is poor and could not survive, if both parents had not got a second job in addition to the long hours in the "Org".
As a logical result they have no time for their children at all!

I myself have worked in the early eighties 1½ years in a Scientology mission, the Sea Org in Copenhagen and in Flag. and thereby painfully experienced myself that employees in Scientology organizations are exploited. 80 to 100 hours per week for a payment of DM 100 per month or less were normal.

When I was 18 I was persuaded for three entire nights (about 22-3 o'clock at night) by two Sea Org "Recruiting Officers" to sign a Sea Org contract which I then finally did.

In Copenhagen where I did a training as a course supervisor on behalf of my "mission", I experienced several "All Hands actions" until late into the night. From time to time we had day off in the week but mostly it was only half a day, in order to do the most important errands.

I left the Sea Org in Copenhagen in the end, because of these inhuman conditions of work and went back to my mission to Ulm where I took over the management of the course area. Shortly afterwards a Sea Org mission came along and the mission was forced to send people to Flag – for some reason I was selected again and did auditing over there and also some courses When the Sea Org members found out that I already had signed a Sea Org contract in Copenhagen, they offered me the post of CO Communicator. Thus I began the EPF in Flag and was allowed to clean hotel rooms from then on. But thank God my mission wanted to have me as a course supervisor back, so they put a young lady on a plane which brought me out of my house in a secret early morning action in order to bring me back to Ulm.

In Ulm I then confronted the "succesful" registrar (he could at least afford a fat, ugly Opel as a car, because of the money he unscrupulously pulled from people), because he constantly took course participants to his office during course time. I used the correct "lines" to enter a written complaint. I did the same, because of the constantly rising book prices. I even wrote two letters personally adressed to L. Ron Hubbard, but nothing changed.

The Registrar continued to take participants out of my course. My statistics were supposedly bad because the predominantly young people in my course became "only" Staff members and did no Auditing and they bought too few of the expensive books. Because I continued to resist the influential registrar I landed on the street again and had to lure people in with the free personality test and carry out MEST work, such as renovating rooms. My wage and in general the wages in the mission had reached a new low point. Without the financial help from my mother and my grandparents I could not have survived. I finally had enough and blew also from the mission in Ulm to move again to my mother in Friedrichshafen and to make up for my missed "Abitur" graduation. My grandmother paid the 2600 DM for me, which I had to pay as a punishment for not keeping to my contractual obligations and I had to sign a statement that I left Scientology in "Good Standing" and that I wouldn't spread anything bad about Scientology or else the costs "to redeem myself" would have turned out signifcantly higher.

Markus

Scientology abuses on my family part 3

Scientology medical claims and medical dilettantism

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part III

Scientology offers medical services without any qualifications for doing so and behaves in amateur and crude way. Ill people are discriminated against in Scientology as "out-ethics" I have the following proof for that:

Uwe was diagnosed in 1997 that he suffers from multiple sclerosis. Because of this diagnosis he was left by his wife Laurisse Stuckenbrock, so that she could continue her Sea Org career at the side of David Miscavige.

Uwe tried to leave the Sea Org because of this dreadful injustice and had already "blown" – then however was lured back by Laurisse, "He should not make such a stupidity." In the hope the relationship with Laurisse could be maintained, he came back.

Because of his illness and because he had blown, he was assigned to a RPF (in 1997-2001) Happily Valley/RPF INT). "Sick employees are considered to be "out ethics" and first have to work hard at themselves in an RPF program (working themselves upwards in three stages) to be "allowed" again to produce perfectly. With his severe MS, he spent the rest of his life in such a "labor camp". From 2001 till 2007 he lived in the PAC RPF (Blue Building) in Los Angeles. From 2007 up to his death he was accommodated in Royal Palm Convalescent hospital 630 Broadway in Los Angeles where he finally passed away on the 6th October, 2008, in the end.

Because in a RPF the communication to outside world is extremely suppressed, Uwe, in my opinion did not have the opportunity to freely find out and to inform himself in detail about his illness. Medical assistance is only provided by Scientologists when all Hubbard techniques (Assists, cleaning rundowns, Auditing, ethics programs) do not help or if the state of health is so bad that the life of the concerned person is in danger. Furthermore most Scientologists with illnesses forgo the necessary medications because they do not want to interrupt their Auditing or because they want to be cured by Auditing. The case supervisor decides whether Auditing may continue when taking a certain medication.

The promises made by Mr. Hubbard in numerous publications regarding the healing of severe illnesses by Auditing and his numerous campaigns of hate against conventional medicine and psychiatry and against "anaesthetic drugs" in general subsequently leads to most Scientologists forgoing the much-needed medication and to search for salvation in auditing instead. This dangerous mechanism caused by the false promises made in Hubbard's writings very likely led to my brother not taking or not accepting a much-needed therapy by treatment through medication against his multiple sclerosis. Written information about the false hopes created in my brother by the healing promises in L. Ron Hubbard's writings will most probably be found by police investigators in his PC folders (his auditing records),

For people who are trapped in the Sea Org or even in the RPF and thus cut off completely from the free world, free thinking and neutral information (the post is opened, they can not make phone calls without supervision, contact with the outside world and the family is completely prohibited on the lowest level of the RPF), the risk of such a fate is even much greater. The possibilities to cover up such fates are made easier by the controlling system in the Sea Org, so that I assume that my brother certainly isn't the only victim of this suppressive machinery which despises people. Example given, I knew another victim in person (Heribert Pfaff who was from my home town Friedrichshafen) and I'm aware of numerous other casualties - who could still be alive today were it not for the Church of Scientology's amateurish approach when it comes to illnesses- through my internet research concerning my brother's death.

Since he had or a period of 30 years, only received the usual Sea Org salary ($30 a week - in the RPF $ 11.46 per week.), he could not have formed any financial reserves, which could have offered him additional possibilities in his tragic situation. So he was left with the Church of Scientology as his only possibility, even a return to his home country would only have been possible if his family would have a big property at their disposal over there to pay for his medical treatment and/or for his accomodation at a centre. After all, he never had paid money into the statutory health insurance scheme in Germany.

My brother - with his severe multiple sclerosis by 2004 - had to sleep and "live" together with up to 40 other RPF members in a small room crowded with bunk beds.

Depending on how good or bad his current condition was, either one or two RPF participants supported him and gave him "care". If my research is correct, then none of these people had any form of state-certified qualified medical or nursing training. As I said, they were RPF members who had been transferred to the RPF as a disciplinary measures for some reason. The following people had looked after my brother over the years: Steven Wills, Tom Brandis, Alan Povall and Karen J. Wagoner.

Particularly in the last years in which an intensive care of Uwe was necessary - he could only move his head, it would have been essential to use certified nurses, in order to maintain his health (and to stabilize his quality of life on a high level) for as long as possible. Here it would been important to execute effective pressure sores prevention, to make a professional plan for his care and also to allow for an effective prevention of pneunomia."

I have an official certificate as a curative education nurse and speaking with professional experience of 18 years in my job I am sure that any layman was overwhelmed by this, no matter how well-intentioned and that inevitably mistakes in the care took place. Again, the arrogance of the Church of Scientology becomes quite clear - they believe in everything by their religion and organization come to grips with no matter whether the persons that are qualified or not. Because Hubbard said he had found the best solution for all problems in this world. What a stupid arrogance of an individual human being.

For years, we (Uwe's family in Germany) were either lied to or not informed about his constantly worsening condition. Everything was always good, or would certainly become good again. We were always told that when we demanded to finally use medication against his MS. He would get Auditing , which supposedly had already shown initial success. He would be detoxified on a purification rundown and would get vitamins and it would make him better, the cause - old amalgan fillings in his teeth, the poisons in his body (presumably still from his youth in Germany) was now found and they would go to a dentist, then certainly everything would become better quickly, a whole new expensive water treatment would be applied to him and would soon contribute to his healing, etc.

All attempts by us to help Uwe with medical therapies and medications were consistently, succesfully rejected by the Church of Scientology.

We were also obviously being lied to about the possibility to bring Uwe back to Germany. My mother was already told in 2003 that Uwe couldn't be brought back to Germany. At my father's last visit with my brother in LA (2007!), his superiors offered to him to take him back to Germany. At this point it certainly has to be said that my father has been a extremely convinced Scientology staff member for more than 30 years now. My mother separated from my father in 1980 and we were not and we are not active Scientologists or opponents of Scientology. This offer of Uwe's superiors was for the following reasons a barefaced farce. For many years Uwe is held in the RPF and his health finally gets completely lost due to the false treatment. Then at the moment when he isn't articulate and can't spill any secrets anymore (when he was still well he was the chief of security of Scientology Int.) his father gets the generous offer of taking Uwe back to Germany.

I have reason to suspect that my brother because of his multiple sclerosis was very rare seen by a doctor, who was independent of Scientology . Rather, it is usual in the Sea Org to bring ill people and above all seriously ill people only to hospitals and to doctors that are either infiltrated by Scientology or strongly influenced by Scientology.

As far as I have been able to investigate up to now, Uwe never got drugs against his quickly spreading multiple sclerosis. Here the medical documents of my brother should be thoroughly examined to be able to uncover this fatal mistake for Uwe.

-when he was getting worse it was even harder to reach him. Sometimes I called three times before he (was allowed?) called (to call) back.

-in earlier times (before 2002) we were always told that Uwe is working on secret material and that this is the reason for this "bad communication".

-I first recognized that Uwe's health is really worse was just after my mother died.(March 2004) She had cancer and it was clear that she will not survive the next two days. So I called to LA and asked if Uwe please could call back in order to speak to her a last time. But Uwe did not call back. I called there about ten times until I was in such a rage that I screamed on them on the phone that our mother is dying and they just give me their bla bla etc. then Uwe called back just a few minutes after our mum passed away. And this was the very first moment I recognized how bad he was doing. He hardly could control his words because of his MS.

-after this I tried one more year to get information by calling in LA. I only got "good food, nice weather" statements about my brother's situation. And they always promised to keep us informed. But we only got information when we called there.

-I felt so helpless and this made me so angry that I decided to give the responsibility to my father - he was and is still an active Scientologist and so is his third wife. Her mum was in the Sea Org in the US at that time and I thought that maybe this connections will help to get good information and some help to Uwe.

- my father did not know anything about the severe situation of his son Uwe. But he promised me to look after him and keep me informed. Even inside the Church the communication seems to be very bad and “Black PR” is hidden very effective.
-he promised me that the guy who cares for Uwe will keep us informed at least every two weeks. But we only were informed once some days after my dad promised us that we will be better informed in the future. Then never again.

- after my dad called me on October 8. in order to tell me that Uwe has died I was looking for some information about his funeral in LA. And what I found was the letter of the RPF Insider. Before I thought Uwe was a high ranking Sea Org member in good standing - but what I found out by contacting people via internet who lived and suffered with him in the RPF was a total different reality. I was so stupid all those years!

However, what is extremely important to me is the fact that Uwe - according to my information - , when he wanted to leave the Sea Org in 1997 due to his illness and the experienced injustices that were connected to this, was held back and thereby kept in this deadly trap for him in my opinion against his will. In regards to this, the appropriate investigators should study my brother's personal ethic files really closely in order to uncover a possible inhuman crime.

"The bottom line is that Scientologists SOMETIMES seek conventional medical treatment for medical conditions, but only upon tightly controlled and monitored approval by the non-medically trained Scientology Case Supervisor, and this usually after it becomes apparent that all internal Hubbard technological approaches would fail to provide an adequate resolution of the condition "

In the case of my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock the above formulated fact has lead to a very cruel suffering and a absolute unnecessary death.

I also recommend you to study this thread of mine:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12557

lie2meiluvit

Patron with Honors
Markus,
I hope you resolve this and get some closure. The abuse and neglect definately needs to be addressed and those who are responsible need to be held accountable. My sister has MS and without her meds she would be dead. My heart goes out to you and your family :bighug:

skollie

My heart breaks for the pain you've been going through, trying to find answers for what happened to Uwe.

My thoughts are with you, and your family. :bighug:

Markus

Markus,
I hope you resolve this and get some closure. The abuse and neglect definately needs to be addressed and those who are responsible need to be held accountable. My sister has MS and without her meds she would be dead. My heart goes out to you and your family :bighug:

Thank you so much for your compassion Lie2meiluvit and Skollie.

Love

Markus

Markus

Hello I need your help on this please.

Please help me to get more information or to get in contact with people who could have some more informations about the life of my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock.

Thanks a lot

Markus

Markus

Please help me to get more information or to get in contact with people who could have some more informations about the life of my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock.

Thanks a lot

Markus

Here is a list of peole who could have known him or sure were in direct contact with him:

Hello can anybody please help me to contact one of this persons:

Tanya Alexander
Pat Ashworth
Ben Atwood
Felipe Avila
Chuck Beatty
Clark Morton
John Peeler
Maj Wheelis
JY Besnard
Diane Bush
Joe Caneen
Stefan Castle
Nicola Corrias
Derek Cusworth
Kathy Didcoate
Paul Dezotell
Karen Dippel
Rachel Donohue
Mike Eves
Paul Eves
Francesco Frau
Matthis Gawhiler
Colwell Garth
Margaret Gibson
Ryan Greve
Jan Jansen
Gary Miller
Jurgen Mueller
Doug Muller
Kettie Nossis
Richard Nunnelee
Kathy Ondrieka
Bill Price
Dan Prybylski
Isi Ramirez
Erin Selle
Urs Sporri
Marco Stark
Barry Stein
Donna Stilo
Vincent Trent
Jeff Weber
Majbritt Wheelis
Russ Williams

Thank you for your help.

Markus

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Here is a list of peole who could have known him or sure were in direct contact with him:

. . .
Chuck Beatty
. . .
John Peeler

Chuck's easy to find. Posts a lot under his own name. Lives in Pittsburgh. Even posts his phone number and the best time to reach him.

John posts as BTs2Free. Has a blog at http://bts2free.blogspot.com/

Paul

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Uwe

snip

Markus

Markus:

Chuck Beatty, Jeff Weber, Stefan Castle and Russ Williams are friends on my Facebook page. I have sent them all messages (with links to this page) that you want to speak with them. Best wishes.

Garry

Markus

Thanks

Markus:

Chuck Beatty, Jeff Weber, Stefan Castle and Russ Williams are friends on my Facebook page. I have sent them all messages (with links to this page) that you want to speak with them. Best wishes.

Garry

Thank you very much for this help.
Markus