My full story ...to date....including fair gaming...

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Can they out money me, hell yeah! I don’t have 2 nickels to rub together right now, but can they out smart me, I don’t think so! I will follow up on EACH AND EVERY odd thing that comes my way! As long as I still have my phone turned on and internet service, I can counter the attacks

They could out money you - but you can out 'honour' and out 'integrity' them (grammar is my strong point, LOL).

They are quite a bully, but good on you for standing up for yourself.

:thumbsup:

feline

Patron Meritorious
The Postal Service is not governed by the Secret Service. It's a semi-autonomous corportation. The Secret Service *is* run by the Treasury Dept. but, that has nothing to do with the USPS.

However, the USPS *does* have the Inspector General's Office, which is one of the nastiest governmental investigative services around. It makes the FBI look like teddy bears.

*Many* RICO related offenses end up being charged as 'mail fraud' and, if I were the 'Church' of Scientology, I would be very careful about coming up against them.

Far more so than the obviously pussy-whipped IRS :)

Zinj

Thanks for that correction, Zinj. I knew that the people who police the USPS were an aggressive agency and thought it was Secret Service. I was also pretty certain that if you wanted to shoot yourself in the foot, an easy way to do so would be to abuse the Postal system.

I took my kiddies out today to the pool and to the library and I came in to 3 voicemails, back to back...in scripted form, and here is a transcript of what it said... I wasn't going to sit and transcribe tonight, because I'm tired. After listening to them several times, I'm angry, and went ahead and trascribed them!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Mrs. _______________

It has come to my attention, that while you were a member of The Church of Scientology, Los Angeles, You removed both confidential and copyrighted materials from the organization, and have recently given them to a third party. The theft of copyrighted materials are a crime punishable in the federal court system.

Upon further research into your case, we have discovered, and have signed affidavits from several members of the Church of Scientology, located in ______________ Florida, that they personally witnessed you remove materials not belonging to you from that organization also. It is our belief that the material taken from the Church of Scientology _______ Florida, is also theft of copyrighted, confidential material, belonging to the Church and must be returned immediately.

It has also been brought to my attention that you have given emails and other correspondence, to yet another said party. All email and U.S Postal mail sent to you, from a staff member is treated as confidential, and the release of said material, constitutes a crime on a state level. We have ascertained that you have violated this in the state of California, Florida, _________, and ________. Whether or not said email comes directly from the Church of Scientology’s offices, or the staff members personal computer is not relevant.

We have also discovered that you personally removed information from your P/C file at the Church of Scientology _________________. All information contained in this file is the sole property of the Church of Scientology International.

It has been reported to me, that you have personally taped conversations of confidential nature, that you had with staff members, and made these tapes publicly available. It is illegal to tape anyone, without their knowledge, in all 50 states. By releasing them publicly, you once again have committed a criminal offence.

If you return all the said documents, including originals and all copies, within the next 7 days to the Church of Scientology, located at (not finishing address to protect my location), we will not proceed further with legal action. Should you chose to ignore this request, we will be forced to seek any and all legal processes at our disposal to obtain said materials.

Ann Dixon
Church of Scientology International

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My take on this:

1. I NEVER Took anything from any org!
2. Emails are only confidential if there is a disclaimer on them. I’m not a lawyer, but pretty sure about this one!
3. I NEVER removed anything from my PC file---come on! How could I! The key word was my file anyway!
4. If you leave a voicemail you know it’s being recorded! Duh!

The number this came form only showed the area code (323) that’s Los Angeles. It came up as (323)000-0000 Why not leave a number for me to call you back Ann???!!!

She had to be reading from a script, as it took 3 voicemails to get the entire messgae through, and she never missed a beat! my voicemail only allots for 3 minutes at a time!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Three choices:

Ignore them

Tell them to bugger off

Show the transcript to an attorney; possibly send a letter warning them about filing false police reports and defamation if they make public accusations of criminal activity.

Zinj

Div6

Crusader
A new twist on an old policy "Shudder them in to silence". "Manufacture crimes if none can be found."

It's "Fair Game". Plain and simple. Use the courts to "ruin them utterly".

Get a lawyer.

Wisened One

Crusader
:omg: FormerlyIN. :omg: :no: THAT is NUTS!

I love that you posted it here for all to see tho.

Show the REAL side of Co$ to everyone!

Take those voicemails and any correspondences to a lawyer, ASAP!!!:yes:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I took my kiddies out today to the pool and to the library and I came in to 3 voicemails, back to back...in scripted form, and here is a transcript of what it said... I wasn't going to sit and transcribe tonight, because I'm tired. After listening to them several times, I'm angry, and went ahead and trascribed them!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Mrs. _______________

It has come to my attention, that while you were a member of The Church of Scientology, Los Angeles, You removed both confidential and copyrighted materials from the organization, and have recently given them to a third party. The theft of copyrighted materials are a crime punishable in the federal court system.

Upon further research into your case, we have discovered, and have signed affidavits from several members of the Church of Scientology, located in ______________ Florida, that they personally witnessed you remove materials not belonging to you from that organization also. It is our belief that the material taken from the Church of Scientology _______ Florida, is also theft of copyrighted, confidential material, belonging to the Church and must be returned immediately.

It has also been brought to my attention that you have given emails and other correspondence, to yet another said party. All email and U.S Postal mail sent to you, from a staff member is treated as confidential, and the release of said material, constitutes a crime on a state level. We have ascertained that you have violated this in the state of California, Florida, _________, and ________. Whether or not said email comes directly from the Church of Scientology’s offices, or the staff members personal computer is not relevant.

We have also discovered that you personally removed information from your P/C file at the Church of Scientology _________________. All information contained in this file is the sole property of the Church of Scientology International.

It has been reported to me, that you have personally taped conversations of confidential nature, that you had with staff members, and made these tapes publicly available. It is illegal to tape anyone, without their knowledge, in all 50 states. By releasing them publicly, you once again have committed a criminal offence.

If you return all the said documents, including originals and all copies, within the next 7 days to the Church of Scientology, located at (not finishing address to protect my location), we will not proceed further with legal action. Should you chose to ignore this request, we will be forced to seek any and all legal processes at our disposal to obtain said materials.

Ann Dixon
Church of Scientology International

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My take on this:

1. I NEVER Took anything from any org!
2. Emails are only confidential if there is a disclaimer on them. I’m not a lawyer, but pretty sure about this one!
3. I NEVER removed anything from my PC file---come on! How could I! The key word was my file anyway!
4. If you leave a voicemail you know it’s being recorded! Duh!

The number this came form only showed the area code (323) that’s Los Angeles. It came up as (323)000-0000 Why not leave a number for me to call you back Ann???!!!

She had to be reading from a script, as it took 3 voicemails to get the entire messgae through, and she never missed a beat! my voicemail only allots for 3 minutes at a time!

Wow.

I would seriously consider getting a lawyer and attacking, not defending, on this one.

feline

Patron Meritorious
I'm joining the others and recommending that you find a lawyer. I know that you have said that you are in limited financial shape. Check the yellow section of your phone book for an assistive group that will help you on a pro bono basis. If you don't see anything that looks like it would help you, try the Bar Association for your state or 211 which should be "First Call For Help" operated by the United Way. You can also dial 1-800-HELP555. http://www.211firstcall.org/ is their web presence.

Good luck. You must know that we are all rooting for you.

The thought of an atty has crossed my mind. Even though I now live in a city that is Catholicville USA, I thought I might be able to find an atty that would get interested enough (some will do it pro bono), but I have a problem with this at the present time. Since the delay of my PI case, I'm really still under the microscope of the attys for the insurance company. I've found, since their client is obviously at fault, their going after my character. I have to be a good lil girl until the trial can resume in Sept, or settle out of court.

I don't think mentally I could take 2 cases at one time. The PI case has shown me that lawyers are bottom feeders. I'm sorry for any lawyers reading this, but the 6 I have dealt with in my case are less than ethical. I'm sure some atty's are truly out to protect the innocent, just haven't found one yet.

By no means think I will let this drop! I just have to postpone moves. They know I have the ongoing case and they are smart enough to know I must behave until it's disposed of.

DartSmohen

The cult, like Hubbard is a bully. They are both cowards.

Stand up to them.

Show them that you are not intimidated. They will back down, especially with the sh*t storm that is blowing up for them in almost all continents.

Whatever they throw at you, just smile and bat it back. :yes:

Div6

Crusader
The thought of an atty has crossed my mind. Even though I now live in a city that is Catholicville USA, I thought I might be able to find an atty that would get interested enough (some will do it pro bono), but I have a problem with this at the present time. Since the delay of my PI case, I'm really still under the microscope of the attys for the insurance company. I've found, since their client is obviously at fault, their going after my character. I have to be a good lil girl until the trial can resume in Sept, or settle out of court.

I don't think mentally I could take 2 cases at one time. The PI case has shown me that lawyers are bottom feeders. I'm sorry for any lawyers reading this, but the 6 I have dealt with in my case are less than ethical. I'm sure some atty's are truly out to protect the innocent, just haven't found one yet.

By no means think I will let this drop! I just have to postpone moves. They know I have the ongoing case and they are smart enough to know I must behave until it's disposed of.

Check the Catholic Charities...they often have connections to refer cases to pro bono attys. And I would at least get that process going.....it usually takes a while for it to come together.

Zinjifar

You don't have to actually initiate any legal action in this case, but, I think it'd be wise to hire an attorney to write them a letter saying that he is representing you and that any further communication from the 'Church' should be addressed to him.

I suspect that would give them second thoughts, at least about overt Fair Game.

It should be cheap too.

Zinj

sandygirl

Quote from Zinj:
You don't have to actually initiate any legal action in this case, but, I think it'd be wise to hire an attorney to write them a letter saying that he is representing you and that any further communication from the 'Church' should be addressed to him.

Excellent advice! If the "church" realizes that you have representation it might give them pause in the continued bullying.

And be assured-bullying and posturing is what it is.

If they have such important "confidential" papers lying about then that makes them look like fools.

And who would want 'em......

Good Luck!! (this is sickening and very LOW)

Ain't it grand to deal with the "most ethical group on the planet"?

ScudMuffin

Play safe, be good, collect the ammunition your opponent drops.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
These guys might be interested: http://www.chillingeffects.org/

Chilling Effects Clearinghouse

A joint project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, University of San Francisco, University of Maine, George Washington School of Law, and Santa Clara University School of Law clinics.

Do you know your online rights? Have you received a letter asking you to remove information from a Web site or to stop engaging in an activity? Are you concerned about liability for information that someone else posted to your online forum? If so, this site is for you.

Paul

byte301

Crusader
That is crap about it being illegal to record someone without their knowledge in all 50 states. I have talked to a lawyer about that very subject and was informed that in my state and other states it is legal to record a conversation as long as one person (you) consents. So I could have a conference call and record the whole thing if I wanted with no one else knowing. NM is a one consent state. Not sure about the states you were in but if they left a voice mail or a message on an answereing machine I doubt if that law would hold up in court..in fact I am sure it wouldn't. I have seen many people on The People's Court play back messages and show e-mails on the show.

They are such assholes. We have a legal aid type thing here. You should at least do a consultation and get a letter back to them from a lawyer. You aren't the one being "bad" here. You have every right to protect yourself from a criminal organization whether you have another lawsuit going on or not.

Zinjifar

The core issue is one of 'expectation of privacy'. That's why recording in public is almost always legal, and why, even in 'both party rule' states, where both parties must be aware of recording, things like 'voicemail' messages would be legal.

Think about it; does a person leaving a voicemail message *know* it's being recorded? Huh?

Zinj