What's new

My getting oot story

Jimmymac

Patron
I was an oot at flag, but in the late 90's. I was stuck in this constant ethics cycle, could get no one to audit me, hated f***** work-study, did not have a cent to my name to do washing etc, was making no progress on course etc etc all the stuff that is all your own "out ethics"

Plus I am Australian and my very worried parents were coming to the states to see me, go for a trip to New Orleans and NYC and see what the hell I had gotten mixed up in.

I decided that I would never get through the routing out for the trip with all the associated ethics checks etc and what do you say to your Wog parents, " sorry Mum and Dad but I cant see you until I get my ethics In". They would have gone nuts and all there worst fears but to there credit unspoken fears would have been confirmed. So in my own f***** up sci brain I was protecting the Group from enterbulation.

So I decided to blow. Any way I snuck back to the motels ( I think I stayed in the clipper at that point) down the road about a mile packed up my stuff fled to the phone box next to the motel ( the phone was sort of out of view of the motel security). I got busted some how by security and the deputy captain of oot (a guy called Jason I think who was always alright to me) who happened to be there doing something else. He pleaded with me etc (and I am a pretty big guy, I think he was afraid I was going to belt him) to stay and get handled and that he would personally make sure I could route out for leave in time etc. Any way he was true to his word.

I went away with my folks for a month had a good time and for some stupid reason I went back.

After 3 months of being back I was stuck in the same crap cycles all over again, so I decided I wanted to leave. I started to route out which consisted of basically doing work study the whole time, which to tell you the truth for about the first month I didn't mind that much, I was on it full time with some other people who I really liked and was doing different stuff every day, working in the book warehouse, doing renos at different sites or just generally slacking off doing nothing in one of Clearwater’s fine parks and gardens. Even CB kitchen work I didn't mind that much if I didn't have to do it that often.

After about 4 months of this though I had had enough not moving forward with my routing out back to my org becoming more and more despondent. I decided that any organisation that treated people like this I hated and I wanted out. I thought there is no point blowing, knowing that MAA had my passport and I had no money. I thought the only way I am going to get out of here was to feign suicidal thoughts. Hell it worked; I went to the 14 year old MAA for some usual crap and said to this girl, that I was suicidal. I said it in a calm clear voice, no melodrama or anything. You should have seen the look on this poor girls face. Anyway 3 hours later I was on the way to Tampa Airport with a ticket to LA (where I had some non sci friends) in my hand. I got to LA and that was the last time I had any much to do with Scientology.

I was always proud of myself being able to think of that scheme when my head was pretty F***** up and I was under enormous pressure.
Some other stuff:
The motels were run by this Swiss couple from FC, her name was Sarah (I think) and his I cant remember. He was okay but she was an absolute tyrant always yelling and screaming and scowling. One day I was on work-study in the middle of the day while almost all the other OOT’s where on course. I was gardening or something outside her room and all of a sudden she appeared in the window stark naked and dripping wet. (Let me tell you it was not a pleasant experience). She was always extra nice to me after that; I think she was afraid I was going to KR her.

The whole OOT group was always in trouble over 2d incidents (man were they obsessed with sex or what), it was always the “reason” the group was downstat and people were not getting through there courses etc. It was like the Stasi in East Germany with people writing KR’s for the most innocent incidents (x was 2d flowing with y etc) and not so innocent as well. One day they decided that they were going to clean us all up on the 2d ethics and sec checked all OOT’s. Heaps of people got busted for different thing (thoughts mostly I think) but there were about 6 OOT boys (both class v and SO) of about 16 years old who all ended up going through these major ethics cycles because well they were 16 years old boys and what do 16 year old boys do? Well I was 16 once and if you were a sixteen year old boy once you know what I am talking about.

Any way I glad I am out and this is really the first time I have spoken about since I left Scientology in 1999.

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
What's an OOT? I'm ex Sea Org, but not for very long and a long time ago.

Good story. I like the "suicidal thoughts" part. I wish I had thought of that. Getting a ride to the air port would have been better than sneeking out in the middle of the night.

Isn't it sad how pathetic Scientology is? Especially after they portray themselves as the most capable beings on the earth, er.. excuse me... the galaxy.

Tom

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't even know what OOT is and I was there way too long.:unsure:

Good job getting out of there.
I've said it before but the Sea Org tries to make SP's by not getting people that want out routed out fast.:confused2:

Jimmymac

Patron
An OOT is an Outer Org Trainee. Basically a Tech trainee is from one org sent to a higher org. In my case from a class v org to flag but it could be ao to flag or class v to an ao.

You know how it goes, "go to flAG you will be the best of the best" etc etc

Andrew

Patron with Honors
I was an oot at flag, but in the late 90's. I was stuck in this constant ethics cycle, could get no one to audit me, hated f***** work-study, did not have a cent to my name to do washing etc, was making no progress on course etc etc all the stuff that is all your own "out ethics"

Plus I am Australian and my very worried parents were coming to the states to see me, go for a trip to New Orleans and NYC and see what the hell I had gotten mixed up in.

I decided that I would never get through the routing out for the trip with all the associated ethics checks etc and what do you say to your Wog parents, " sorry Mum and Dad but I cant see you until I get my ethics In". They would have gone nuts and all there worst fears but to there credit unspoken fears would have been confirmed. So in my own f***** up sci brain I was protecting the Group from enterbulation.

So I decided to blow. Any way I snuck back to the motels ( I think I stayed in the clipper at that point) down the road about a mile packed up my stuff fled to the phone box next to the motel ( the phone was sort of out of view of the motel security). I got busted some how by security and the deputy captain of oot (a guy called Jason I think who was always alright to me) who happened to be there doing something else. He pleaded with me etc (and I am a pretty big guy, I think he was afraid I was going to belt him) to stay and get handled and that he would personally make sure I could route out for leave in time etc. Any way he was true to his word.

I went away with my folks for a month had a good time and for some stupid reason I went back.

After 3 months of being back I was stuck in the same crap cycles all over again, so I decided I wanted to leave. I started to route out which consisted of basically doing work study the whole time, which to tell you the truth for about the first month I didn't mind that much, I was on it full time with some other people who I really liked and was doing different stuff every day, working in the book warehouse, doing renos at different sites or just generally slacking off doing nothing in one of Clearwater’s fine parks and gardens. Even CB kitchen work I didn't mind that much if I didn't have to do it that often.

After about 4 months of this though I had had enough not moving forward with my routing out back to my org becoming more and more despondent. I decided that any organisation that treated people like this I hated and I wanted out. I thought there is no point blowing, knowing that MAA had my passport and I had no money. I thought the only way I am going to get out of here was to feign suicidal thoughts. Hell it worked; I went to the 14 year old MAA for some usual crap and said to this girl, that I was suicidal. I said it in a calm clear voice, no melodrama or anything. You should have seen the look on this poor girls face. Anyway 3 hours later I was on the way to Tampa Airport with a ticket to LA (where I had some non sci friends) in my hand. I got to LA and that was the last time I had any much to do with Scientology.

I was always proud of myself being able to think of that scheme when my head was pretty F***** up and I was under enormous pressure.
Some other stuff:
The motels were run by this Swiss couple from FC, her name was Sarah (I think) and his I cant remember. He was okay but she was an absolute tyrant always yelling and screaming and scowling. One day I was on work-study in the middle of the day while almost all the other OOT’s where on course. I was gardening or something outside her room and all of a sudden she appeared in the window stark naked and dripping wet. (Let me tell you it was not a pleasant experience). She was always extra nice to me after that; I think she was afraid I was going to KR her.

The whole OOT group was always in trouble over 2d incidents (man were they obsessed with sex or what), it was always the “reason” the group was downstat and people were not getting through there courses etc. It was like the Stasi in East Germany with people writing KR’s for the most innocent incidents (x was 2d flowing with y etc) and not so innocent as well. One day they decided that they were going to clean us all up on the 2d ethics and sec checked all OOT’s. Heaps of people got busted for different thing (thoughts mostly I think) but there were about 6 OOT boys (both class v and SO) of about 16 years old who all ended up going through these major ethics cycles because well they were 16 years old boys and what do 16 year old boys do? Well I was 16 once and if you were a sixteen year old boy once you know what I am talking about.

Any way I glad I am out and this is really the first time I have spoken about since I left Scientology in 1999.

I really liked Jason (D/Capt for OOT). He was so much more pleasant than previous people who held that post. I hope he is doing well where-ever he is.

I had problems with Sarah the Motel Wench. It got to the point where I would involuntarily ridge if she ever came near me. It was a pain in the ass come CSP (white glove) time on Saturday mornings. I either had to leave the room and let someone else get her to inspect it or wait until she left and get an SO member do it in the afternoon. Otherwise it was an automatic flunk.

I felt a bit sorry for her later on though. Her parents came to visit from Switzerland and stayed at the motels. Her Mum was really good looking and Sarah was unfortunately quite unattractive physically and spiritually. Must have been tough for her growing up...

Jimmymac

Patron
I really liked Jason (D/Capt for OOT). He was so much more pleasant than previous people who held that post. I hope he is doing well where-ever he is.

I had problems with Sarah the Motel Wench. It got to the point where I would involuntarily ridge if she ever came near me. It was a pain in the ass come CSP (white glove) time on Saturday mornings. I either had to leave the room and let someone else get her to inspect it or wait until she left and get an SO member do it in the afternoon. Otherwise it was an automatic flunk.

I felt a bit sorry for her later on though. Her parents came to visit from Switzerland and stayed at the motels. Her Mum was really good looking and Sarah was unfortunately quite unattractive physically and spiritually. Must have been tough for her growing up...

Thats right. F****** white glove. She was a cow man she would run it over every surface, skirting board etc etc and would delight in catching you out.

Do you remember the name of Mr Sarah?

Also when I was there the Captain OOT was this absolute Spunk woman about 6 ft blonde, late 20's Danish I think? Do you remember her name

Andrew

Patron with Honors
Thats right. F****** white glove. She was a cow man she would run it over every surface, skirting board etc etc and would delight in catching you out.

Do you remember the name of Mr Sarah?

Also when I was there the Captain OOT was this absolute Spunk woman about 6 ft blonde, late 20's Danish I think? Do you remember her name

Mr Sarah started with a C I think, I keep saying Carlos but it's not that but something similar. He was OK with me. Like you, my last few months were on full time "Work/Study" I spent most of it bumming around the motel fixing stuff for him.

I know the lady you mean. She was much nicer before she became the Capt for OOT. Sadly with great responsibility comes great bouts of yelling and posturing.When it comes to the chain of command it seems -As above, So below-. It was always better when she was away and Jason was in charge.

Shortly after I arrived the Tech Sec, DoT and Capt for OOT all got RPF'd. One day they're yelling at you, the next they're dressed in grey, jogging on the spot doing Renos next to you. -Where else but the Sea Org!

Feral

Rogue male
Welcome Jimmymac,

It's good to have another Aussie on the board. Good on you getting out of there. I may have seen you around as I was Flag public

Jimmymac

Patron
Welcome Jimmymac,

It's good to have another Aussie on the board. Good on you getting out of there. I may have seen you around as I was Flag public

hey feral,

We may have run into each other but of course I was catching the bus for the half block between the FH and the CB .

I was there around 99. What about you?