My hope for this board

Abletu

Patron with Honors
Thank you for your contribution and courage.

Without esmb I would have remained a messed up puppy.

I needed a place to communicate who I am and how I feel.

It may be intense, it may be serious, it is my heart.

I loved Ron since 1975 after reading DMSMH, he clarified so many of my mistakes.

I have been working with time travel for some years prior all on my own, I didn't have a clue about engrams, time traps.

My skill at 2-WC saved my life 3 times before scientology, I created a lot of time travel related psychotic breaks and had to repair them or die, the potential violence expressed was extreme and I had no recourse except 2-WC.

Church trained scientologists don't have a clue what their dealing with, the raw engramatic energy of life itself. The engramatic stuff on the time track have scared the Gods.

It is not the betterment activity people are apposed to, their prior personal experiences at attempts to clear others of their insanities have scared them to the core.

Ron didn't do his home work, a truth dream, a truthful speculation that was on the money and without DMSMH I could not have been successful nor created the rules of auditing

Without your courage and dedication to founding and maintaining esmb I would not be writing this.

Good twin

Floater
ESMB will always be exactly what Emma wished for. Each of us was looking for an emotional attachment and in ESMB we found it. It was and is powerful stuff. This is a community that by the nature of it's creation, promises and delivers a pivotal experience. That is why we stay. It is also why we go.

ESMB will always have OG hanging around, but it really is primarily for the newly out. It is for the wounded and the healing. It is for those of us that are sorting out our own thoughts and experiences. When any of us move on or change our posting habits, everyone else gets interested. It's a beautiful thing.

But Emma never expects any of us to stay forever. I can't imagine I could ever stop lurking here. It's like checking on the homestead. I grew up here. I love all you guys.
:smoochy:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
ESMB will always be exactly what Emma wished for. Each of us was looking for an emotional attachment and in ESMB we found it. It was and is powerful stuff. This is a community that by the nature of it's creation, promises and delivers a pivotal experience. That is why we stay. It is also why we go.

ESMB will always have OG hanging around, but it really is primarily for the newly out. It is for the wounded and the healing. It is for those of us that are sorting out our own thoughts and experiences. When any of us move on or change our posting habits, everyone else gets interested. It's a beautiful thing.

But Emma never expects any of us to stay forever. I can't imagine I could ever stop lurking here. It's like checking on the homestead. I grew up here. I love all you guys.
:smoochy:

I love this post GT.

You are right. I never expected anyone to hang around for too long and only made a rank of 10,000 as a joke. I never thought anyone could or would stay that long.

If ESMB was a true revolving door like I naively thought it would be, it would be easy to manage. I thought that people would come, read, reach an understanding that they've lived through a nightmare and that they are now free, share their experiences & move on with their lives.

But it never quite works like that. I was way too simplistic in my view.

I feel like there is a new need now. 6 years ago a safe place was needed for newly outs. We ended up with ESMB. But there needs to be a place now for folks who have recovered & don't want to talk about the same old stuff anymore but just want to hang with their buddies & shoot the shit. A place with no stress on civility etc. because it wouldn't be needed. It would just be a place to let it all hang out - the good & the bad. Just like a big (dysfunctional :) ) family does.

I know people feel like this community is constantly fracturing. Believe me when I say that no-one feels it more keenly than me. I hate it. It tears me apart every time. I feel like every year or so a choice has to be made whether to let ESMB evolve into something else or to try & keep it true to its original purpose - a place for newbies to come to recover & tell their stories. In the end it always comes down to trying to keep ESMB to it original purpose. But there are always casualties.

I would love it if someone started a new board & invited EVERYONE who has ever been on ESMB & left for any reason. Fuck rules, fuck civility, just throw everyone back together (with an ignore button) and let it hang out. I think it would be a hell of a ride & maybe some friendships could be mended (or maybe completely destroyed) but I think we would at least understand each other better.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
My purpose is simple: Tell the truth about what Scientology IS and what it IS NOT. Have fun, make fun of it and Hubbard and help others go free!:happydance: This board helped me go free - now I will pay it forward! Thanks for letting me vent guys! Love you all!!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I would love it if someone started a new board & invited EVERYONE who has ever been on ESMB & left for any reason. Fuck rules, fuck civility, just throw everyone back together (with an ignore button) and let it hang out. I think it would be a hell of a ride & maybe some friendships could be mended (or maybe completely destroyed) but I think we would at least understand each other better.

I would love this as well! :happydance:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I love this post GT.

You are right. I never expected anyone to hang around for too long and only made a rank of 10,000 as a joke. I never thought anyone could or would stay that long.

If ESMB was a true revolving door like I naively thought it would be, it would be easy to manage. I thought that people would come, read, reach an understanding that they've lived through a nightmare and that they are now free, share their experiences & move on with their lives.

I feel like there is a new need now. 6 years ago a safe place was needed for newly outs. We ended up with ESMB. But there needs to be a place now for folks who have recovered & don't want to talk about the same old stuff anymore but just want to hang with their buddies & shoot the shit. A place with no stress on civility etc. because it wouldn't be needed. It would just be a place to let it all hang out - the good & the bad. Just like a big (dysfunctional :) ) family does.

I know people feel like this community is constantly fracturing. Believe me when I say that no-one feels it more keenly than me. I hate it. It tears me apart every time. I feel like every year or so a choice has to be made whether to let ESMB evolve into something else or to try & keep it true to its original purpose - a place for newbies to come to recover & tell their stories. In the end it always comes down to trying to keep ESMB to it original purpose. But there are always casualties.

:thankyou:

That is so true ... and I feel selfish for just wanting to come here and be silly and laugh and not be 'PC' ... but I really don't want to talk scientology anymore.

It's all good though ... though I do miss certain people (including Mark).

Love to all.

:blowkiss:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
:thankyou:

That is so true ... and I feel selfish for just wanting to come here and be silly and laugh and not be 'PC' ... but I really don't want to talk scientology anymore.

It's all good though ... though I do miss certain people (including Mark).

Love to all.

:blowkiss:

You shouldn't feel selfish.

It's just hard to juggle the needs of newbies and the needs of oldies who are all thrown together in the melting pot of a thousand varieties of exes and a thousand different opinions on an emotional subject.

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
You shouldn't feel selfish.

It's just hard to juggle the needs of newbies and the needs of oldies who are all thrown together in the melting pot of a thousand varieties of exes and a thousand different opinions on an emotional subject.

Life seems to find a way to balance itself. Homeostasis and all that.

Seems the more effort we put into making something do what it doesn't want to do, the more effort comes back at us, and not always pleasantly. Equal and opposite reactions.

Seems to me that those who belong in our lives will stay, those who don't will move on.

Same with these boards.

There's never a shortage of people who want to be where they want to be.

I love this post GT.

i think obviously it's initial purpose should remain it's primary purpose and after that just sort of a clubhouse for vets

George Layton

Re: My hope for this board, Thanks Emma. this is my first post.

I'm writing this to clarify for all (including myself) what this board is for.

As an ex Scientologist, I felt like there was no place where I could truly be myself. I felt pressured to conform to a certain set of "rules" about how to think about Scientology & my experience inside Scientology. I was sick of getting abused for defending ex's who found even a glimmer of goodness in Scientology. I was upset that there seemed to be no safe place for ex's to go to share their experiences, both good and bad.

Over the last 3 weeks or so I've been given a lot of advice about what I should and shouldn't do and who I should and shouldn't have on the board. Some want it this way, and some want it that way. Others want it a some other way.

Some say I should have had all this sorted out before I launched the board. Maybe I should have. Some complain that the rules seem to be forming as we go along. I can't deny there is an element of that as I learn what people want and need.

Maybe my idea of just providing a place for ex's to talk was too simple. I don't think it was, but perhaps it need a further defining.

What this board is:

A place where ex scientologists and interested general public can get together to discuss various experiences in Scientology.

A place where where ex's and non ex's can mingle and chat and get to know how the other half think and live.

A place to learn from each other.

A place to support each other.

A place to swap ideas and suggestions.

A place to civilly debate issues so that other viewpoints can be offered and tossed around and horizons can be broadened.

A place to be allowed to defend your position and not apologise for it, yet at the same time allow others to have their own.

A place that people feel safe to expose the abuses of this harmful cult, so the true story can be told.

A place where newly "out" Scientologists can come and be heard and learn and be supported through a really tough period in their lives.

A place to make people laugh and have some fun and to not take it all so seriously.

A place to expose the traps and pitfalls in returning to a "normal" existance, and to learn some tips and helpful suggestions in making this transition.

What this board isn't:

A vehicle to exact verbal revenge on those who have harmed us both inside and outside of Scientology. By that I mean continuing to trade insults & flame wars that are a hang over from past relationships, fueds from other messageboards, chat channels etc.

A place to blame and crucify others for what happened to you. Over time there are going to be people who find other ex members who they feel were responsible for some cruelty that was bestowed on them. Whilst this is understandable, and needs to be addressed, it needs to be understood that EVERYONE did things in Scientology of which they are not proud.

A place to ridicule "believers". People find their way out of the Scientology mindset at different speeds and to different degrees. What they need is understanding, not to be fobbed off and called a "stoopid clam" etc.

________________________________________​

I believe anyone who has been exposed to Scientology for any length of time has had damage done. None of us are perfect, and I doubt any of us would be here if we were all 100% "recovered".​

My hope is that this group of misfits can do some good, for ourselves and for each other.​

I know there will be differing opinions. I know tempers will flare. I know people will say things they don't necessarily mean. All I ask is that you think before you type and ask yourself if what you are about to "submit" is going to cause more harm than good.​

You don't need to like everybody on this board. That would be impossible. It is no different in the workplace or even in family life. But in these situations a "professional" or cordial relationship is established instead. I hope these same social rules can be adopted here.​

I've been criticized for wanting to turn this into a "knitting club" or "afternoon tea party". I think that is bullshit. I don't believe that civility automatically means softness or sensorship. I believe that MORE exposure of the harms of Scientology can be achieved if the atmosphere is civil and friendly rather than one of fear. In other words, I don't want to play "momma", handling spats between people. This is not supposed to be a sandpit. If you want to play the flaming game for the mere sake of flaming, then alt.religion.scientology may be the place for you.​

I don't know exactly what the stats are of people (staff & public) blowing Scientology. But I know there are 1000s and 1000s of people who will be looking for a place like this to help them. When they do start to look, I hope they will find that this board is designed for them. A friendly, civil, intelligent crowd who have had years of experience in and out of Scientology waiting to welcome them.​

Thanks,​

Emma​

I have just recently started reading about scientology, (about half a year now), and am amazed at all there is involved.

George Layton

Re: My hope for this board This will be my second post

I have spent a lot of time on Tony's blog. There are a lot of interesting articles and a wonderful community of posters there. They have been very informative about any number of issues having gone on or still going on. I imagine that here will be as informative and look forward to reading the views of people posting here. Thanks for putting this all together.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: My hope for this board This will be my second post

I have spent a lot of time on Tony's blog. There are a lot of interesting articles and a wonderful community of posters there. They have been very informative about any number of issues having gone on or still going on. I imagine that here will be as informative and look forward to reading the views of people posting here. Thanks for putting this all together.

Welcome George, I don't think you'll be disappointed.:yes: