What's new

My hope for this board

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yep me too.

Me three!

And as one of you pointed out earlier, it's not so much the ad homs as the bitterness/sourness of some of the sprays.

Petey
Right, Pete. That about sums it up for me.

I don't post that much here, for my own reasons. But Emma set it up with a certain flavor. I liked that flavor. :yes: You can't get it anywhere else. Let's not lose the recipe.

Thanks you guys for the replies.

:cheers2:

Mac

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
:lol::lol::lol:

Me too, but I'm happy.
Today the ESMB didn't just go down by accident. In trying to get to the ESMB I was continual mis-directed to Cof ASS sites. This was no accident. The Rondroids seriously tampered with this site. As I said before the Sea Org motto is We Come Back. The Ex- Scientologist motto should be We Never Left. The ESMB site is again up and running.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Today the ESMB didn't just go down by accident. In trying to get to the ESMB I was continual mis-directed to Cof ASS sites. This was no accident. The Rondroids seriously tampered with this site. As I said before the Sea Org motto is We Come Back. The Ex- Scientologist motto should be We Never Left. The ESMB site is again up and running.

WTF? Anyone else get "redirected" to a CoS site?

I haven't noticed anything like that and it seems to be very unlikely.

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
WTF? Anyone else get "redirected" to a CoS site?

I haven't noticed anything like that and it seems to be very unlikely.
It was for the last TWO days! Same thing happened when I tried to go to Operation Clambake. Not wise to not-is this. I'd appreciate someone with tech skills looking into this.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
It was for the last TWO days! Same thing happened when I tried to go to Operation Clambake. Not wise to not-is this. I'd appreciate someone with tech skills looking into this.

Well I've been accessing the site regularly for the last two days and haven't had it happen to me. I'm wondering if anyone else has had it happen or if it's just you.

Do you realise what has to happen to hijack & site & make the URL redirect?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Well I've been accessing the site regularly for the last two days and haven't had it happen to me. I'm wondering if anyone else has had it happen or if it's just you.

I don't believe it either, Ems.

I wondered if he had perhaps been trying to reach exscn.com and that had been taken by the CofS, but I see that it belongs to some Korean and is dormant.

I also checked exscn.org and no-one has taken it yet. Amazing!

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
Nope, didn't happen at all on my side of the universe:no:

Sometimes a little slow coming up, but that ain't a re-direct. :no: and I plug in 4, 5, 6 different times a day.

R

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors

It turned out to be a virus thing. But I think it was the CofAss that put in the virus. So I just got off the phone with Dell. They did a Malwarebytes cleanse on my computer. But, also Malware warned me off this site owing to infection. So let's see if anyone else gets these warnings and blocks. Hope not. I finally got through.:)

RogerB

Crusader
It turned out to be a virus thing. But I think it was the CofAss that put in the virus. So I just got off the phone with Dell. They did a Malwarebytes cleanse on my computer. But, also Malware warned me off this site owing to infection. So let's see if anyone else gets these warnings and blocks. Hope not. I finally got through.:)

In RED above . . . . which site do you refer to as "this" site? In your earlier post you referred to various related to $cn sites you recently visited.

I've seen absolutely NO evidence that ESMB is infected or that it infects.

But then clever people have and use sufficient computer security apps :whistling:

R

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Sorry to hear about your woes with the computer - they are tricky things at the best of times and there are people out there who like to make things even trickier. These days it is incumbent upon the user (that's you) to take as many precautions as possible. One simple thing you can do is download a good anti virus/malware shield. Here's a good one for entry-level:

http://free.avg.com/ww-en/download-avg-anti-virus-free

. . . its free, it works and it helps people.

I think this Buddha quote is appropriate "Hate does not overcome hate, by love is hate appeased." I also like to think of Buddha as "where Ron stoled the good stuff" but that's a different thread ;)

choadman

I'm writing this to clarify for all (including myself) what this board is for.

As an ex Scientologist, I felt like there was no place where I could truly be myself. I felt pressured to conform to a certain set of "rules" about how to think about Scientology & my experience inside Scientology. I was sick of getting abused for defending ex's who found even a glimmer of goodness in Scientology. I was upset that there seemed to be no safe place for ex's to go to share their experiences, both good and bad.

Over the last 3 weeks or so I've been given a lot of advice about what I should and shouldn't do and who I should and shouldn't have on the board. Some want it this way, and some want it that way. Others want it a some other way.

Some say I should have had all this sorted out before I launched the board. Maybe I should have. Some complain that the rules seem to be forming as we go along. I can't deny there is an element of that as I learn what people want and need.

Maybe my idea of just providing a place for ex's to talk was too simple. I don't think it was, but perhaps it need a further defining.

What this board is:

A place where ex scientologists and interested general public can get together to discuss various experiences in Scientology.

A place where where ex's and non ex's can mingle and chat and get to know how the other half think and live.

A place to learn from each other.

A place to support each other.

A place to swap ideas and suggestions.

A place to civilly debate issues so that other viewpoints can be offered and tossed around and horizons can be broadened.

A place to be allowed to defend your position and not apologise for it, yet at the same time allow others to have their own.

A place that people feel safe to expose the abuses of this harmful cult, so the true story can be told.

A place where newly "out" Scientologists can come and be heard and learn and be supported through a really tough period in their lives.

A place to make people laugh and have some fun and to not take it all so seriously.

A place to expose the traps and pitfalls in returning to a "normal" existance, and to learn some tips and helpful suggestions in making this transition.

What this board isn't:

A vehicle to exact verbal revenge on those who have harmed us both inside and outside of Scientology. By that I mean continuing to trade insults & flame wars that are a hang over from past relationships, fueds from other messageboards, chat channels etc.

A place to blame and crucify others for what happened to you. Over time there are going to be people who find other ex members who they feel were responsible for some cruelty that was bestowed on them. Whilst this is understandable, and needs to be addressed, it needs to be understood that EVERYONE did things in Scientology of which they are not proud.

A place to ridicule "believers". People find their way out of the Scientology mindset at different speeds and to different degrees. What they need is understanding, not to be fobbed off and called a "stoopid clam" etc.

________________________________________​

I believe anyone who has been exposed to Scientology for any length of time has had damage done. None of us are perfect, and I doubt any of us would be here if we were all 100% "recovered".​

My hope is that this group of misfits can do some good, for ourselves and for each other.​

I know there will be differing opinions. I know tempers will flare. I know people will say things they don't necessarily mean. All I ask is that you think before you type and ask yourself if what you are about to "submit" is going to cause more harm than good.​

You don't need to like everybody on this board. That would be impossible. It is no different in the workplace or even in family life. But in these situations a "professional" or cordial relationship is established instead. I hope these same social rules can be adopted here.​

I've been criticized for wanting to turn this into a "knitting club" or "afternoon tea party". I think that is bullshit. I don't believe that civility automatically means softness or sensorship. I believe that MORE exposure of the harms of Scientology can be achieved if the atmosphere is civil and friendly rather than one of fear. In other words, I don't want to play "momma", handling spats between people. This is not supposed to be a sandpit. If you want to play the flaming game for the mere sake of flaming, then alt.religion.scientology may be the place for you.​

I don't know exactly what the stats are of people (staff & public) blowing Scientology. But I know there are 1000s and 1000s of people who will be looking for a place like this to help them. When they do start to look, I hope they will find that this board is designed for them. A friendly, civil, intelligent crowd who have had years of experience in and out of Scientology waiting to welcome them.​

Thanks,​

Emma​
:thumbsup: