What's new

My life at FLANZO, Flag and Int.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
How were the Bolstads related to Maureen Bolstad, does anyone know?

Keep going, Petey!

How were the Bolstads related to Maureen Bolstad, does anyone know?

I don't think they were related. The Bolstads were New Zealanders and Maureen seems to be an American (I read her story but don't know her). Also I think maybe their name was Bolstead not Bolstad, but don't remember for sure.
Mo was married to CB (Cute Bruce) ie Bruce Bolstad, I think. :)

ULRC/S

Patron with Honors
Petey,
What an incredible story, and what total psychosis on the part of the SO.

Are you performing again? I heard you one night in a folk club in Sydney (late 70's I guess) and was mesmerised. I hope you are.

Regards, Allen (Wright)

Div6

Crusader
I wrote this in a song:

Though the memories still wake me in the night,
they’re dimmer with the light
And while it may be slow, it’s not as bad as when I had to go
But trees still stand determined and alive – their roots go very deep
And somewhere down the line I will survive – I’ll dream of rain before I go to sleep

Hearts survive
Dreamers never die
And through the years no tears have reached my eye

Tears like rain, they come to me again
And bring a bloom to everything I see
Tears like rain, wash away the pain
And roll away my sorrows out to sea.

Thank you for reading this.

Petey,

Do you have a tune to go with that song? I'd like to work something up, as it drips "cred", if you know what I mean. Panda is a monster muso as well....

Thanks for the story.

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wow what a great story- thank you so much for sharing it.

One of my so-called “co-conspirators” saved me. (I won’t say who, but you know who you are, and I am eternally in your debt.) He somehow managed to negotiate his own release and, with it, mine. One day in late December we were both driven to the Int base. He slipped me $5 as he left the car, along with his brother’s phone number. I waited in the car and got driven back to Happy Valley. But he promised me he was going to shake me loose, and I trusted him. I had no other option. One evening, an SO mail van came up and got me, and drove me to PAC. The driver did not want to wait for me but wanted to take me straight to the airport, but I said I had to call Australia to get a ticket to fly home. And if he didn’t wait, I said, I would go to the first police officer I could find and tell them I had been imprisoned by the Scientologists and how would he like to be responsible for that? So he waited while I called home. It was Christmas Eve in Australia, and I was lucky to get my mother, and she was lucky to get me a ticket before everything shut up tight for the week. I grabbed my suitcase and passport and off we went. On the way, I tore off my disgustingly filthy, worn jeans in the van and hurled them onto the road. I think I might have yelled “Fuck you, Scientology!” out the window. The driver dumped me at LAX at 7pm on the 22nd of December, with $5 in my pocket, a phone number, two suitcases and several boxes.

How did you get hold of your passport again - did you have to use police force here too?

Have you read the story of my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock. Did you meet him at the Int Base? He arrived in 1980. You can find his story here:

"Cruel abuses by Scientology - Wanna understand what happened to Uwe Stuckenbrock?"

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=14804

Love
Markus

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello

Hello, Petey Cougar,

Quite a story, wow. And lovely lyrics - brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you for speaking out - :thumbsup:

FoTi

Crusader
Thanks for your story Petey. I'm so glad you decided to speak up and tell what it was really like for you in Scientology and the SO, and to join the other ex-SO who are speaking out. This is wonderful.

I love your lyrics. Would love to hear those 20 songs you made up that you will only play for exes. :yes:

Hugs to you.:hug:

:bighug:

Petey C

Thanks Angelo. We may well have crossed paths -- I met and interacted with hundreds of people, as you do. Hope your journey has been a good one.
Petey

Petey C

Petey,
What an incredible story, and what total psychosis on the part of the SO.

Are you performing again? I heard you one night in a folk club in Sydney (late 70's I guess) and was mesmerised. I hope you are.

What a lovely thing to say. I hope you don't mean I was so boring I made you fall asleep (I used to do that sometimes). I'm currently playing in a band and will be various festivals this year. If you're there, come and say hi.

Petey C

Petey,

Do you have a tune to go with that song? I'd like to work something up, as it drips "cred", if you know what I mean. Panda is a monster muso as well....

Thanks for the story.

Yes, I have more verses and a tune which has never worked for me. Let's PM and see whether anything musical happens!

Petey C

Wow what a great story- thank you so much for sharing it.

How did you get hold of your passport again - did you have to use police force here too?

Have you read the story of my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock. Did you meet him at the Int Base? He arrived in 1980. You can find his story here:

"Cruel abuses by Scientology - Wanna understand what happened to Uwe Stuckenbrock?"

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=14804

Love
Markus

Thanks Markus. Yes, I did read the appalling story about your brother, in the RPF at about the same time as the late Mike Eves who begins this story with me. I don't think I met him at the Int Base -- at the time, I was in deep doo-doo and only my fellow RPFers or the MAA spoke to me. Also we were isolated from the rest of the base.

My passport was packed in my suitcase -- remember, this was 1982 and only the beginning of the Holy Terrors. So no trouble there.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I hope the wounds are starting to heal regarding your brother, though in my experience the scar tissue lasts forever.

the-ghostwhowalks

Patron with Honors
What a story ...

I am so sad that a talented , dedicated person like you was exploited and treated in such a fashion - And to have the stories of how David Mayo was treated confirmed ( by someone I know ) well , what can I say ?
These people have to be dealt with by the federal authorities -this is paramount - You are safe now petey - good luck now and in the future ... :clap:

Last edited:

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for telling your story, Petey. :thumbsup:

Once again the hypocrisy of the CoS has been exposed as a "Church" which is dedicated to "human rights."

I am very glad that you got out many years ago and have been able to put your talents to good use outside this dreadful organization.

Kutta

Thank you Petey. It was an emotional ride to read your story - a few tears. They are very cleansing though, as you found when you cried rivers during your recovery. It is fantastic that you are able to make music now again.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Dear Petey, I started to write the below comment just after seeing your first post up... I had to step away from the computer for a few hours and later commenced to finish what I was posting based upon your first post, not seeing that you'd wriiten several additional parts to to your riveting and disturbing life in scientology. I'm sorry it appeared as if your complete story was being ignored, for that was not intentional. ((HUGGS)) to you for telling it and for surviving it. The song lyrics tell so much. Thank you for speaking out and being desirous of helping others. I hope you have contacted Sen Xenophon about your story. Best wishes. ~ Mary

Hi,

Congrats on getting out and speaking up. Such a sad story, hopes and dreams thrwarted like that. It's so familiar to me, having been involved with Celebrity Centres and having lost so much because of it.

When I read about Mike, I was deeply saddened. I did some research and found out about his past history as a musician and related businessman.

I can tell that you loved him him very much and probably have many wonderful memories of your days when you were performing together before scientology robbed you of the relationship you created together. I know the pain that comes from seeing the destruction of something so important. Those were probably the most magical and fun times of your lives pre-scientology. I do hope you are making music in some way or working your way back towards that, or at least considering writing a book about your days together and the evolution of the dreams you shared that never came to be because of scientology's indifference to life and the habit of breaking promises and treating people as machines just to get a stat.

I hope you don't mind me asking questions but : Is his sister in Scn? Are you in contact with her? Mike's son that she mentions, is still in Scn. I that your son?

I wish you the best :)

Mary McConnell

Last edited: