What's new

My life begins now?

DT, your first post finally got me to join this forum, this is also my first post after lurking for a very long time. You are an wonderful son and so glad you are in school now after such a hard travelled road. Husband and I have been out for almost 9 yrs. now, we were on staff at the same org as you and your mother but at different times. But, this post is about you and your mother, maybe my story another time. I read your story with tears, as I have heard your story many times before from your mother. Yes, I am the person she came to visit for a few days last summer and the one that has spoken to you several times in the past year in my attempt to contact her when she fell off my radar. It took alot to post your story and I hope you continue, it is theraputic, you will heal. It took us awhile, but we made it as will you. Please keep reading this and other forums, they will speed the healing process, they were a life saver for me. This is my thanks to all at exscn, for your understanding and kindness to others and your exposure of the truth about the COS. DT, I have not heard from your mother in awhile but your post reassures us she is doing well. I really did lose her new phone number!! You both have come such a long way and it only gets better and better and better and better.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
DT, your first post finally got me to join this forum, this is also my first post after lurking for a very long time. You are an wonderful son and so glad you are in school now after such a hard travelled road. Husband and I have been out for almost 9 yrs. now, we were on staff at the same org as you and your mother but at different times. But, this post is about you and your mother, maybe my story another time. I read your story with tears, as I have heard your story many times before from your mother. Yes, I am the person she came to visit for a few days last summer and the one that has spoken to you several times in the past year in my attempt to contact her when she fell off my radar. It took alot to post your story and I hope you continue, it is theraputic, you will heal. It took us awhile, but we made it as will you. Please keep reading this and other forums, they will speed the healing process, they were a life saver for me. This is my thanks to all at exscn, for your understanding and kindness to others and your exposure of the truth about the COS. DT, I have not heard from your mother in awhile but your post reassures us she is doing well. I really did lose her new phone number!! You both have come such a long way and it only gets better and better and better and better.

This is absolutely awesome!! I don't know you guys, but wow! This is what it's all about. I can't even express how this makes me feel.

:)TL

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Awesomness too great for words.. I'm speechless.. (If anyone can believe that?)

Welcome fogfreetimes2 ! :)

And that was some tale Danger Turnip! - Holy crap!! - Well written it is too! :yes:

Last edited:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
What a story. I am moved beyond words.:yes:

I also get extremely angry when I hear these stories of abuse. :angry: Like I said before, Danger, you are one brave young man:thumbsup:

TP

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
Dear DT,
this is one of the most fascinating reads I have ever had on here.
I was glued to my computer screen and am already waiting for the next episode.
Its unbelievable that you are still so young. You sound older.
You seem to be a natural writer

I want to show your story to as many people as possible.

Just for info my 2 children grew up in $cientology and are unfortunately still 'in' altho not on staff.

This is why we protest!

Wow, I can't put into words how moved I am because of your response. Your support was probably the biggest factor in getting my mom out. I checked my old phone and I still have your number so I'll pass it on, I'm sure she'd love to talk.

Wisened One

Crusader
:omg: Wow, DT! Just.......Wow..:no: .....:bigcry:

I am so glad that you had the strength and the courage and at so young an age, my god! to Get OUT and accompany your mother, so glad to hear she is well, now, too!

I was choking up at soooo many parts of your story, damn! :bigcry:

And as an 80 hr-a-week staff myself, I ate a snickers bar and a Coke or Dr. Pepper for breakfast most days, it was all I had time and money for, really. :eyeroll:

And you KEEP typing as long as you need to! It IS therapeutic telling one's story, huh? :yes:

Michelle

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome: Fogfree!

Wow, what a reason to come out of lurkdom and join the boards, huh?

Can't wait to also hear your stories, sometime! :thumbsup:

byte301

Crusader
Yes, this is why we do what we do.

Welcome to both of you.

Just when you get tired of protesting and wonder if it does have any impact at all you read a story like this.:bigcry:

Danger turnip! Ever since I responded to your post, I have been checking back to see if you recognized who I am. When I read your post I knew who you were. So very elated I was able to help you and your mother, actually humbled in many ways. I am always here for both of you, always. I do not want to turn this forum into personal email contact, hope I have not overstepped the rules/guidelines. DT, you and your mother are heroes in my book. I look forward to more of your story, not only will it be helpful for you but for others as well.

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
dont stress Fogfree, its great for the rest of us to hear this sort of thing! It certainly brightened my day! Well done to the both of you for getting your lives back, and good luck for the future!

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome to real freedom. Your experiences make me so glad I kept my kids away from the orgs and the bullshit. But, what you went through is absolutely heartbreaking. Out is easier, better, less stress. The insanity drops away over time.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

:welcome: Fogfreetimes2!!!

Wow! What can I say except what Tiger Lily says:

This is absolutely awesome!! I don't know you guys, but wow! This is what it's all about. I can't even express how this makes me feel.

:)TL

Thank you Emma for this board. Really, really thank you! This is a place where the dots start to connect. Powerful stuff!

Carmel

Crusader
Good on you, DT - GOOD ON YOU! :thumbsup:

Despite the gut wrenching side of your story, it's wonderful to see and hear that some just won't don't let the bastards grind them down. :happydance:

Welcome Fogfree - your entry here and posts between you and DT filled my heart.

Awww - I'm teary, but not sad. The joys of life can be a wonder to behold! :)

FoTi

Crusader
DT, thanks for sharing your story. Whew! Wow! :bigcry:

I'm so glad you came to this board. Please keep telling us more.

Your story shows how really crazy Scientology is.

You are an incredible person. You deserve the very best in life.

:hug: