What's new

My name is Doug Parent I am an Independent Scientologist

riptide

Patron with Honors
In November of 2006 I started researching the church on the Internet for the first time. I was reading for almost 36 hours straight and after a weeks time, I was quite sure I would never be the same again, nor would I have the same friends that I had known for the 30+ years I was in.

I have a story to tell like anyone, botched tech and ethics cycles, countless examples of insanity. Thousands upon thousands of wasted dollars for actions /services that were damaging or worthless.

But I spent a lot of money on good auditing too, and made consistent case gain for years. I do not regret getting in or getting out. However, I should have gotten out sooner when I smelled the coffee.

Anyway, this is all I plan to write for now. I decided that after I finally got all my money back from the *church* I would introduce myself formally. It has taken more than 2.5 years to get it all back. And after today, when the mailman arrived with my last check, I decided to complete this step.

I want to send a message to many people who know me. The tech in the Independent field is MUCH BETTER and MUCH CHEAPER. There are important things that church management has been trying to hide from public and staff for years. And they have been failing. This is the ONLY REASON why the church is being attacked.

I'm talking HUGE witholds. If you have not done your due diligence, to sort out for yourself why the church is being attacked, I highly recommend it.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Congratulations Doug on getting the repayment from CoS! Anything in particular that you found worked well you would recommend to others seeking a repayment?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
In November of 2006 I started researching the church on the Internet for the first time. I was reading for almost 36 hours straight and after a weeks time, I was quite sure I would never be the same again, nor would I have the same friends that I had known for the 30+ years I was in.

I have a story to tell like anyone, botched tech and ethics cycles, countless examples of insanity. Thousands upon thousands of wasted dollars for actions /services that were damaging or worthless.

But I spent a lot of money on good auditing too, and made consistent case gain for years. I do not regret getting in or getting out. However, I should have gotten out sooner when I smelled the coffee.

Anyway, this is all I plan to write for now. I decided that after I finally got all my money back from the *church* I would introduce myself formally. It has taken more than 2.5 years to get it all back. And after today, when the mailman arrived with my last check, I decided to complete this step.

I want to send a message to many people who know me. The tech in the Independent field is MUCH BETTER and MUCH CHEAPER. There are important things that church management has been trying to hide from public and staff for years. And they have been failing. This is the ONLY REASON why the church is being attacked.

I'm talking HUGE witholds. If you have not done your due diligence, to sort out for yourself why the church is being attacked, I highly recommend it.

Welcome. :thumbsup:

The road out of the SCN mindset can be a very long one.
And some people never make it out of that cult (in their minds).

Regards

Good for you. Actions speak a whole lot louder than words.

Don't sell your friends short. I have lots of friends, who are not shy about being my friends, tho they are in and I am out, and have been out since 1976.

riptide

Patron with Honors
Congratulations Doug on getting the repayment from CoS! Anything in particular that you found worked well you would recommend to others seeking a repayment?

Maintain firm resolve that your money WILL be returned, be willing to do what is required to create the necessary effects to impinge. Stay consistent and don't give up. I know others who are still having a tough time of it. It takes persistence.

The church has an agreement with the IRS (who controls the church-allegedly) to return unused donations, threaten with PR and legal, it impinges.

riptide

Patron with Honors
Good for you. Actions speak a whole lot louder than words.

Don't sell your friends short. I have lots of friends, who are not shy about being my friends, tho they are in and I am out, and have been out since 1976.

Good on you too for your actions of which I am aware. I have friends that are out, and some that are still under the radar yet remain "connected" because they retain an irreducible level of integrity and can smell bullshit a mile away. You know who you are.

Good on you too for your actions of which I am aware. I have friends that are out, and some that are still under the radar yet remain "connected" because they retain an irreducible level of integrity and can smell bullshit a mile away. You know who you are.

Are you one of the "Doug Parent"s on Linked In?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Gidday Riptide - great to have you aboard. Can you recall what it was that first made you start to look on the internet and/or have doubts about Scientology?

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
You couldn't resist dishing on the guy could you ?

No.

What you resist you become.

dishes.228.gif

Last edited:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Congratulations Doug. I'm glad that you were able to get your money back. I know what you mean about some of the auditing having been good and valuable. I was never able to sort it out well enough to play in that sandbox any more, but I'm glad you've found something that works for you.

Good luck!
-TL

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
:hifive:, Doug!!!! I'm so proud of you!! :thumbsup:

You never gave up and got that last payment despite all the obstacles!! This and getting your family back together again, getting the church's hold on your accounts resolved are major accomplishments and will inspire many!

:hug:!!
'Mary'

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Maintain firm resolve that your money WILL be returned, be willing to do what is required to create the necessary effects to impinge. Stay consistent and don't give up. I know others who are still having a tough time of it. It takes persistence.

The church has an agreement with the IRS (who controls the church-allegedly) to return unused donations, threaten with PR and legal, it impinges.

Thanks......sounds like good advice! :thumbsup:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, Riptide/Doug

Welcome ! :welcome:

Glad you got your money back. I'd like to hear (too) why you started researching on the internet in the first place. :drama: :waiting: But when you are ready. :yes:

For those trying to get refunds, I read some interesting info on Marty's blog :whistling:, in the comments. A commenter got pissed at another (co$/osa sniper) comment, and vowed to post refund info every time the (co$/osa sniper) took a shot.

Oct 2, I think it was - but I am not sure.

EDIT: Marty's blog, the Oct 2 post by Mosey/has dm/co$ run out of clears to invalidate?, about 40 down in the comments, Watchful Eyes 6:19pm Oct 2 - refund info. Following comments also have some useful info.

Check it out / find it for yourself. The info on getting a refund was good (as far as I know - :unsure:)

And NO, I am not promoting Marty's blog. Info is info . . . I collect it . . . heh heh heh :D

Last edited:
welcome to the swamp dougie

hey! "riptide" is rockin' moniker! i sense a kindred spirit as our active period in CoS was of the same order of magnitude.

riptide

Patron with Honors
My mother (a research psychologist, not counseling or clinical) got me (and my sister) into Scientology back in 1973. She left the church in disgust in 1983. (The Miscavige era of rapeing the missions, and the major brain drain when thousands left)

We stayed in and the Kool Aid was still yummy. Since that time, I was hammered continually with other peoples evaluation and indications about how my mother was a SP. Well, 25 years later, the idiots declared her after she was long gone. I had a bunch of cash on account at Flag and when a certain 21 year old MAA told me I was to influence/educate/indoctrinate all of my Christian cousins as to why they were PTS to this officially labeled "SP" in the family, and disconnect from her, I knew that there was no way I could support this way of thinking anymore.

(I do not fault many of these young people on staff who are idealistic, they are educated in a tunnel and are simply ignorant and trained in a suppressive manner to be robotic warriors against certain ideas)

Hubbard made an interesting statement regarding policy, that it should not be there in a place where there should be a thetan. This has become more indicative of the current scene IMHO.