What's new

My name is Doug Parent I am an Independent Scientologist

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I have heard of European hotels asking for passports to be surrendered...but in general, CofS demands them to keep people prisoner.

http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/europe/italy/surrender-passports

That explains why they do that in Europe. The last time I stayed in a European hotel was 1969, and I handed in my passport there too.

I agree with Claire re why the CofS does it. They confiscated my passport and credit cards while I was in the PAC RPF in 1996. Maybe they do it to all foreign SO staff too now.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

It's not really a must read. Jim Logan is a fanatic. His argument revolves around every word that Hubbard says being 100% true. I pointed out in the comments there his false interpretation of a dictionary definition needed to make Hubbard right, but he didn't get it. The thing is that the definition of "rhythmic sweep of the dial at a slow even pace of the needle" is almost wholly FALSE. About the only accurate words in that definition are "dial" and "needle." "Rhythmic", "sweep", "slow" and "even" are all inappropriate in a one-size-fits-all definition.

There's a very useful thread on ESMB on F/Ns that discusses the area. That Logan article above is for Hubbard sycophants only.

Paul

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Doug, Congrats on finally getting your $$ back and thus cutting the last thread to that sorry organization.

riptide

Patron with Honors
Thanks again to anyone I missed, and most recently. Thanks for the link to that most informative thread Paul. I could not imagined how good it feels to be DONE with that bizarre organization.

The check they sent me was six months old, which is how long it took them to get their shit together to mail it to me!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks again to anyone I missed, and most recently. Thanks for the link to that most informative thread Paul. I could not imagined how good it feels to be DONE with that bizarre organization.

:)

The check they sent me was six months old, which is how long it took them to get their shit together to mail it to me!

Wow. Six months. It's easy to cut a check. It's harder to have the money in the bank so it doesn't bounce.

Paul

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
:) Wow. Six months. It's easy to cut a check. It's harder to have the money in the bank so it doesn't bounce.

Paul

Many 'checks' have a 6 month life and become void after 6 months. Makes me wonder if this was an attempt to 'reset the clock' and force the sucker to go back to the end of the line and start over.

Cash the check *immediately*

Zinj

riptide

Patron with Honors
Tonight as I wrap up some study I reflect back on some people that helped me along the way. Rita, if you ever read this, thank you. We made it, what we were working so hard for, all those intensives.

I also want to thank every staff member at the San Diego org who helped.

Sue, I know you don't approve of how I'm doing it, but I am making it and so are others. When it becomes clear to all public and staff how things got twisted under DM, and after he steps down or goes to jail, maybe one day we can all be friends again.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Doug,

Have just now seen this thread. Congratulations to you. You sound very happy. Enjoy your life.

Very best to you,
TG1

riptide

Patron with Honors
My birthday has special meaning

Thank you TG1.

I wanted to post a quick note. November 14th, my birthday is also the day I walked out of the Fort Harrison in 2006. It was the very last day I ever set foot in a Scientology organization. 6 short weeks after that, I had already read enough to know I was DONE as a card carrying member of the Cult of David Miscavige.

I will post more details about that day at another time.

For every year I get older, I always have this to also celebrate.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Thank you TG1.

I wanted to post a quick note. November 14th, my birthday is also the day I walked out of the Fort Harrison in 2006. It was the very last day I ever set foot in a Scientology organization. 6 short weeks after that, I had already read enough to know I was DONE as a card carrying member of the Cult of David Miscavige.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Thank you TG1.

Happy Birthday.

Truly.

Happy Freedom Day!

Tonight as I wrap up some study I reflect back on some people that helped me along the way. Rita, if you ever read this, thank you. We made it, what we were working so hard for, all those intensives.

I also want to thank every staff member at the San Diego org who helped.

Sue, I know you don't approve of how I'm doing it, but I am making it and so are others. When it becomes clear to all public and staff how things got twisted under DM, and after he steps down or goes to jail, maybe one day we can all be friends again.

:thumbsup: to this!

Happy Birthday Honey, create a wonderful life for yourself! Glad you got your money back!!! Wish everyone would try to! :yes:

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
Someone in Snr HCO Canada once said "You don't get a day off just because it's your birthday, you know." Well, don't worry about it. Take the day off!

Happy Birthday, Doug.

-WMWT

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Maintain firm resolve that your money WILL be returned, be willing to do what is required to create the necessary effects to impinge. Stay consistent and don't give up. I know others who are still having a tough time of it. It takes persistence.

The church has an agreement with the IRS (who controls the church-allegedly) to return unused donations, threaten with PR and legal, it impinges.

Congratulations on getting your money back and on persisting. And I am sure that this will be a very happy birthday with many more to come.

Welcome back!

Aida Thomas aka dianaclass8

riptide

Patron with Honors
It's been years since I've logged on tho this website. Just for the record, no longer involved in Scientology, independently or otherwise but I'm okay if you are. Whatever works.
If any old friends would like to connect please feel free to do so through Facebook.
Peace out.