What's new

My new approach to mail (I think it worked!)

Steven

My name is Chris, and I was a Scientologist
They dead filed you. It's different from being declared. Dead filing is removing a person from the mailing lists etc. The policy describing it is found in the Div 2 of the Green vols if you care to read it. Mimsey
Interesting. So all the suppressive letters I sent to the $cn orgs (as described earlier in the thread), including Flag and the AOs wouldn't get me declared? There's also the fact that I've publically left the church right here in the forums. Sure, I haven't given you guys my last name, but it'd take a 2-minute call to Cincinnati to figure out who I am.

If that's the case, I have more work to do!

I'd love to get a call from the Continental Justice Chief! What an opportunity that would be. On that note, does anyone have a name and address for the CJC? I'm inspired to write a letter.

[EDIT] If write a KR to the RTC through their website regarding all the policy/ethical violations at the Org will they take it seriously? It'd be a supremely suppressive act if they take it seriously because it'll seriously disrupt the Org.
You can reach him at The Guarantee building on Hollywood blvd. The mailing address is actually on Ivar st., It's not too hard to find. He will never call you. You can write him for all the good it will do. If you search Tony Ortega's blog about the arbitration he ran in the Garcia's case, you can find how he treated them, get a sense of how he deals with "entheta" and what response your communications will get. He's a true believer. Good luck.

Mimsey

Last edited:
Interesting. So all the suppressive letters I sent to the $cn orgs (as described earlier in the thread), including Flag and the AOs wouldn't get me declared? There's also the fact that I've publically left the church right here in the forums. Sure, I haven't given you guys my last name, but it'd take a 2-minute call to Cincinnati to figure out who I am.

If that's the case, I have more work to do!
I didn't read the whole thread, but there is policy on how to deal with entheta letters. You should google it. I think the green vols are on the net somewhere.

Mimsey

Exactly. But only if you consent and only while you continue to consent. At any moment you cease to consent, their "right" is gone. Legally speaking. In my admittedly incomplete understanding of law.
Bill - how much continued consent did Lisa McPherson give? Granted, she signed the usual onerous unconscionable contracts which gave them the right to imprison her against her will in the name of spiritual healing, but practically speaking - her ceasing giving consent had nothing to do with her needless death. Nor was it a legal giving away of her rights.

What Is an Unconscionable Contract? | LegalMatch Law Library
https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/.../what-is-an-unconscionable-contract.html
Jun 25, 2018 - An unconscionable contract is one that is so one-sided that it is unfair to one party and therefore unenforceable under law. It is a type of contract that leaves one party with no real, meaningful choice, usually due to major differences in bargaining power between the parties.

Mimsey

Last edited:

Steven

I didn't read the whole thread, but there is policy on how to deal with entheta letters. You should google it. I think the green vols are on the net somewhere.

Mimsey
Thanks for pointing that out! I found it here, in case anyone else is interested: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/audit/foster06.html.

"ENTHETA LETTERS
and the DEAD FILE, Handling of

When they get too bad we act, using Suppressive Person declarations and Potential Trouble Source declarations.

The fast thing to do is get them off our lines and out of the teeth of staff members and deny them information and communication such as mailings or letters without troubling to consume even Ethics time on them.

If they still get into the cog wheels we act more energetically.

The fast way to handle we call the DEAD FILE SYSTEM which is described herein.

Ethics Files shall include a DEAD FILE.

This File includes all persons who write nasty or choppy letters to an org or its personnel.

Rather than go to the trouble of issuing a Suppressive Person order or even investigating we assign writers of choppy letters to the DEAD FILE. When their area is enturbulated we want to locate a suppressive we can always consult our DEAD FILE for possible candidates and then investigate and issue an order.

Ethics does not even bother to read the letter or examine the folder on receiving a DEAD FILE folder or letter.
Interesting. So there's a good chance I wasn't declared because of my letters, although posting here plus the letters may have been enough. I guess it's time to write a KR to the RTC and ensure the deed is done.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bill - how much continued consent did Lisa McPherson give? Granted, she signed the usual onerous unconscionable contracts which gave them the right to imprison her against her will in the name of spiritual healing, but practically speaking - her ceasing giving consent had nothing to do with her needless death. Nor was it a legal giving away of her rights.

What Is an Unconscionable Contract? | LegalMatch Law Library
https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/.../what-is-an-unconscionable-contract.html
Jun 25, 2018 - An unconscionable contract is one that is so one-sided that it is unfair to one party and therefore unenforceable under law. It is a type of contract that leaves one party with no real, meaningful choice, usually due to major differences in bargaining power between the parties.

Mimsey
My point was exactly that. The CoS had/has no legal right to perform their abuses minus informed, cognizant and active consent. One does not ever have to formally resign from the CoS for that to be true. Obviously Lisa McPherson was not of sound mind and could not have given a valid, legal consent.

I see nothing wrong with some kind of formal resignation, but I believe the lack of such a document does not give the CoS the legal right to abuse people.

I'm not a lawyer and I might be wrong but I can't imagine there is any valid "contract" that could or should give the CoS that kind of "get out of jail free" card.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
My point was exactly that. The CoS had/has no legal right to perform their abuses minus informed, cognizant and active consent. One does not ever have to formally resign from the CoS for that to be true. Obviously Lisa McPherson was not of sound mind and could not have given a valid, legal consent.

I see nothing wrong with some kind of formal resignation, but I believe the lack of such a document does not give the CoS the legal right to abuse people.

I'm not a lawyer and I might be wrong but I can't imagine there is any valid "contract" that could or should give the CoS that kind of "get out of jail free" card.
They don't have the right to abuse, but they do have the ability. The ability comes from the learned helplessness of Scientologists, plus the willingness of Scientologists to lie for the org, plus the org's superior legal resources.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for pointing that out! I found it here, in case anyone else is interested: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/audit/foster06.html.

Interesting. So there's a good chance I wasn't declared because of my letters, although posting here plus the letters may have been enough. I guess it's time to write a KR to the RTC and ensure the deed is done.
Public disavowal of Scientology should do it.

http://suppressiveperson.org/1965/1...ntology-and-scientologists-the-fair-game-law/

Suppressive Acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce or impede Scientology or Scientologists.
Such Suppressive Acts include public disavowal of Scientology or Scientologists in good standing with Scientology Organizations; public statements against Scientology or Scientologists...(snip)

Steven

Public disavowal of Scientology should do it.

http://suppressiveperson.org/1965/1...ntology-and-scientologists-the-fair-game-law/

Suppressive Acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce or impede Scientology or Scientologists.
Such Suppressive Acts include public disavowal of Scientology or Scientologists in good standing with Scientology Organizations; public statements against Scientology or Scientologists...(snip)

$cientology is shrinking and being attacked on hundreds of fronts. Any chance OSA hasn’t been on here to see my posts and identify me? I’ll make their job easy and send a KR with links to my threads.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

It's just my own way of looking at it but I think of it like these people doing body hanging piercing. At what point can a legal assessment be made of a person's consent when they willingly participate in something that is obviously very potentially harmful and litigious? Let's see, I revoked consent after the 3rd hook, or I revoked consent after the 6th month of being locked in the basement. Scientologists have a lot of rationalizations for going down that path so far that the point of revoking consent can be very fuzzy. They stay locked up or in degrading situations like the RPF because they want to remain in good standing, they accept it as a kind of therapy, they have a spouse on staff who they don't want to divorce or leave behind, they are making amends, they want to prove they can tough it out, this is the only workable spiritual technology in the universe and if I lose this I lose my spiritual freedom and chance at super powers and total recall for eternity, etc. They sign waivers and agreements that say they volunteer. It's true that these documents Scientologists sign are extremely lacking in detail and disclosure of what exactly it entails but the longer they put up with it the more vague their revocation of approval becomes.

This is why Scientology is so effective as a cult. They have institutionalized this kind of consent into a business model and when things go completely sideways they just quietly settle. When they know how much training and auditing you have done that is a gauge of indoctrination and serves as a tacit agreement to accepting what they want to do and they are skilled at intuiting your level of tolerance and pushing it to the next level. I can easily see how they have avoided so much legal consequences when we signal our cooperation all along the way.

Scientologists are gluttons for punishment.

https://lailamedia.blogspot.com/2016/08/theyre-taking-pierce-are-they-taking.html

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
They declared me. I was pleased. It cut down on the mail, but not completely. I had a "cutout" PO Box address and every once in a while I would go clean it out and into the trash.

But they wouldn't take my cookie cutter web site down, even after many calls and letters and I threatened them that they didn't have the right to use my image to promote their cult.

Finally I spoke out in the press and that first article didn't quite do the trick.

So, finally, I appeared on Leah's TV show and THAT got the cookie cutter web site removed...........to be replaced with a smear website of what a scumbag i supposedly am.

But I've finally managed my on-line reputation. It's now obvious that I was in the cult, but now I'm out and have spoken out about it clearly.

At last!:dance3::party::thewave:

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
In doing so you will be making a 'reach' toward them.
It gives them the right to respond to your 'reach'.
Best if you stay 'withdrawn' from them.
If you're nervous or in any way unsure of your position, that's a good plan.

However if you are confident about dealing with org staff, then I suggest writing back to anyone who contacts you, explaining in a kind way your experiences in Scientology and what made you realize that things were terribly wrong. Maybe it was the beatings, the false stats at events, the imprisoned and disappeared execs - whatever you feel strongly about. For me, the final straw was the story of an exec I had admired and trusted, which was posted on Marty's blog (before Marty got nobbled).

Include some links to your favorite articles that made you see the light.

The advantage of this approach is that the person who reads your mail may check out the links and it may make a difference.

I did this with the various people who contacted me, and after a couple of months I stopped receiving any magazines, calls, mail or email from any org anywhere.

There aren't any Scientologists nowadays who can effectively handle entheta. Too much is known by the people outside, and too much is hidden from the people inside.

I was just watching some of the Angry Gay Pope's videos. They are often very funny, and even though he can seem/be mean, he is (mainly) telling the Scientologists things they should really hear.

Last edited:

Steven

If you're nervous or in any way unsure of your position, that's a good plan.

However if you are confident in your position, then I suggest writing back to anyone who contacts you, explaining in a kind way your experiences in Scientology and what made you realize that things were actually terribly wrong. Maybe it was the beatings, the false stats at events, the imprisoned and disappeared execs, whatever you felt most strongly about. For me, the final straw was the story of an exec I had admired and trusted, and which he posted on Marty's blog (before Marty got nobbled).

Include some links to your favorite articles that made you see the light.

The advantage of this approach is that the person who reads your mail may check out the links and it may make a difference.

I did this with the various people who contacted me, and after a couple of months I stopped receiving any magazines, calls, mail or email from any org anywhere.
Good suggestions! That's exactly what I've done. My early posts in this thread detail my letter-writing campaign. It's been a blast.

I agree, and I'm 100% confident in my position, and it turns out that I'm a bit of a troll when it comes to $cientology.

tesseract

Patron with Horrors
$cientology is shrinking and being attacked on hundreds of fronts. Any chance OSA hasn’t been on here to see my posts and identify me? I’ll make their job easy and send a KR with links to my threads.

Sounds fabulous. Maybe we could pool our ill gotten funds, drug money and government handouts and pay you 1 c per word (in a letter). :wink: Obviously, we would need dox from time to time. I think for now a declare on festive goldenrod paper would do... But then, I've heard they don't issue those anymore... :moon: :biggrin:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
However if you are confident about dealing with org staff, then I suggest writing back to anyone who contacts you, explaining in a kind way your experiences in Scientology and what made you realize that things were terribly wrong.
No. Just print up a copy of that antichrist OT8 and send that to them :)

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've been out for nearly 6 months now, but was still getting a ton of Scientology mail until about a month ago.

At first, I kept a Sharpie by my front door and, as soon as I grabbed the mail, I'd write "Rejected: Return to Sender" on every piece of Scn mail and send it back. It seemed like the flow of mail slowed a bit, but it may have been a coincidence. Eventually, the mail carrier circled the "Nonprofit" designation on the mail piece and indicated I couldn't "Return to Sender."

Damn.

My next step was to start pulling prepaid envelopes from Scn mailings, filling them with Scn junk mail and sending them back. But still, the flow of mail didn't stop.

One day, I got a letter from someone at the IAS (if memory serves). On a whim, I flipped their letter over, wrote a letter of my own on the back, and sent it in. There was something supremely cathartic about the experience, and I decided shortly thereafter that I was going to respond to EVERY piece of mail I received from Scientology, even on days I receive 5+. I may have started with only pieces that had return postage included, but I quickly determined to handwrite a letter in response to everything, including postcards, using my own postage.

What a healing experience it's been!

My first letters were light... they may not have forced a declare, but I determined to escalate my response with each mailing. I am always kind by normal human standards, although by Scn standards, I'm sure I'm being monumentally suppressive.

My favorite go-to line in the letters is something like this: "Scientology was like running on a hamster wheel. You feel like you're making forward progress, and everyone else running on the wheel tells you you're making progress, but in reality, you're going nowhere. The good news is that you can step off the wheel at any time without routing out, and there's a big, beautiful world out there to explore!"

At times, I write things like: "You can't purchase real freedom, and no one is going to hold your hand and tell you the exact steps to it, but despite the challenge, you can find peace out here." But my favorite line of all time was: "You might want to declare me and get this over with. One of these days someone who's doubting Scientology is going to get one of these letters!" I was pretty damn annoyed that day!

I probably should have snapped a picture of the letters, as each is unique and handwritten, but I haven't done so.

I'm pretty sure they've declared me by now. The IAS, the local org, and most other orgs have stopped sending me mail, although Bridge appears to be a final holdout. I suppose it takes a bit for all the mailing lists to be updated. My last letter went out a couple days ago in response to a Christmas card signed by Kelyn Hubbard (any relation to LRH?). I should have made a copy. It was mostly a three page parable, likening the freedom Scientology offers to the freedom of being locked in a prison. Sure, you have "Total Freedom" within the constraints of the prison walls, but there's a nearly infinite world out there to explore. The freedom available to us out in the world isn't easy to come by--there's no one to hold our hand and lead us--but if we persist, real spiritual progress is possible, and NO ONE can take it away from us.

I doubt my letters will make a difference, but I'm writing them for myself anyway. You never know. Maybe one will plant a seed that'll sprout when someone has had enough.
I sort of done the same thing and I know for sure I have been dead filed at my org but the letters from other places did not slow until I more or less done what you did. Still get some but a lot less. I didn't really put back a lot of entheata to them but indicated I wasn't going to do any more Scn. When ever they get someone new on staff someplace I usually get a letter from someone asking what I didn't like about Scn. I don't respond. Also get a few of the mass mailing now. I would say it has decreased 70-80% over the last 4 years and I have only been dead filed for a year at the org. I am not declared either. Still get a mass mailing from the org now and then. They must have several different mailing lists. They don't send your name uplines because they still want your name on the rolls to make it look like they have more membership than they actually do.

I really don't think they will likely declare you unless you go public with things. The possible exception might be if they precieve you are holding back a family member or friend from dong Scn. With all the bad press about disconnection they are even treading lightly here now.

phenomanon

Canyon

The best thing you can do , for your own best interests, is to IGNORE them.
Do not write letters to them.
Write them here. Make no "reach" toward them at all.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The best thing you can do , for your own best interests, is to IGNORE them.
Do not write letters to them.
Write them here. Make no "reach" toward them at all.
Yep, a CF file where the person hasn't responded to, but they have to spend money and time on for 30 or 40 years, is also a statement that isn't lost on staff.